Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,586 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano (18045 Views)

How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today / Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
emmydeep: If u wnt to be a part of d movement txt and indicate ur interest to 07034551515 or emmydeep@gmail.com

I take the liberty to christen this movement the ANTI-BOKO SQUAD.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Teefabs(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
I did not belief that story they just formulate it.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Ivynwa(f): 12:04am On Jun 23, 2012
What are people still doing in mosque and churches with what is happening in Naija? They should all stay home and stop churching for now until things cool down. We are even better off without churching and religioning because our own is the worst. If some that call themselves heads of religious bodies are not fooling people and duping them off their money, they are brainwashing them.
Tell me, what good comes from all that if not for some few that worship their God with all their heart? Let people worship from their houses for a while please if that is what will make the black man love his brother and stop killing himself for religious belief.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Israel5(m): 12:29am On Jun 23, 2012
When it comes to a mosque, bombng wil be averted. Church bombings are never averted..kudos 2 kano police
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Pakavy(m): 12:37am On Jun 23, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . .rotflmao!!!

Jumaat mosque is where Muslims hold service on Friday, similar to Christians holding service in church on Sunday.

1. It is Friday and people are in service
2. The mosque holds a congregation
3. A bomb went off during service.

What do you think will happen to lives?
those lives wuld get their rewards of 72 pussez nah.thot u bliv in dat
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Dabss(m): 12:43am On Jun 23, 2012
all this is just plain deception,they think that if they plan an almost successful attack on a mosque,it will make start thinking that the boko haram is not just an anti Christian group.
but i think its all bullshit. blow up just one little road side mosque and i will believe your lies
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Slizbeat(m): 12:44am On Jun 23, 2012
Na xo nacheesy, Was an igbo, yoruba and ijaw man d 3 suspects??cheesy them go jst dy lie gv we,
1. Mosque wit holding capacity of 15,000 in kano Na stadium Y nt 1.5million? Rubbish. They want to paint it to look as if the south has a group knw kald biko ha'ram.cheesy Stupids
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Pakavy(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
all this is just plain deception,they think that if they plan an almost successful attack on a mosque,it will make start thinking that the boko haram is not just an anti Christian group.
but i think its all bullshit. blow up just one little road side mosque and i will believe your lies
same line of logical reasoning bro,i wonder y som nlanders r so myopic 2 c dat
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by kokosheen(m): 3:22am On Jun 23, 2012
I didn't check the OP's link to confirm if this event actually occurred or not, but some of the assertions from different posters are quite funny. Lemme give a breakdown:
1.) Why didn't the alleged bombers do a drive-in like they are known to do? simple, anyone that leaves in an area where there's a central mosque would know that worshipers during Friday prayers pray at the entrance even to the extent of blocking the street the mosque is situated. If a bomber wants to cause maximum damage, he would know trying to do a drive-in is a strategy doomed to fail.
2.) Can a mosque have 15k capacity? Yep. We have churches (IN NIGERIA) with more than 50k, so whats the biggie.
3.) Can Boko Haram (an extremist group) bomb a mosque well, i dunno cause their motives are quite unclear. Today you hear they want to revenge their leader's death, tomorrow its the Muslims that died in north central they want to revenge and yet they started it. If tomorrow they say its because other Muslims are from different sects to their own, what can we do.
Anyways, God will judge us all. I just don't pray for war cos in present Nigerian state, possible casualties would make world war two child's play.
My take and please no abuse.

1 Like

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by gmy2k: 3:42am On Jun 23, 2012
Sounds lik propaganda to me. How many IED hav they succeeded in changing their location b4 detonating?
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by ziccoit: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2012
gmy2k: Sounds lik propaganda to me. How many IED hav they succeeded in changing their location b4 detonating?

If there was an explosion that claimed many casualties, you wouldn't have believed the story too. Then you would have said a banger that went off caused stampede that resulted in casualties because people thought it was a bomb.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by adami48(f): 6:53am On Jun 23, 2012
ekwah: The story stinks of propaganda mehn sad Must they go to this length to 'prove' Boko Haram is not Islamic? All I see is desperation. Anyways props up to the observers if this move was genuinely true. undecided These haramites and the politicians in support will burn to ashes angry If this is true I guess the aim was to make those Kano muslims rise against the Christians right? Mtcheew.
u r right, wen it gets 2 d musque d boko haram will drop bags n leave, and then d church u hear of a sucide bomber, all dis cooked up lies 2 say bh is a political stuff n nt a riligious fools wont fool me, they are so desperate 2 cover up there shit, useless tins
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Donbasi(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2012
Jtf for allow this one, make we hear say e don happen 4 mosque it would have been a nice wakeup call for muslim clerics to talk to their BH brothers. Jtf take note
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by teezlycrest(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2012
Who re u people deceiving? If is on sunday morning the bomb wil go off. But on friday it wil not. Am enjoying this infidels/Islam playlet.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by vanstanzy(m): 7:24am On Jun 23, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, be ashamed of yourself. So now instead of dealing with the core issue, what some of you monkeys have resorted to doing is trying to blame it on people of other tribes and religions? undecided undecided

Men, u begin to IRRITATE all nairalanders with this ur insultive mind and mouth. Must u call everybody who airs his/ her view a monkey? Na wa u o! Junkie Monkey, back at ya.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by samilo88(m): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2012
Booooo.. I dnt believe dis story..all that scenario was acted out just to make we xtians believe dat we ar not d only one suffering dis menace in worship centers. Come to think of it why is it that wen a mosque is abt to be bombed that is wen dis aimals are apprehended bt when its a church they carry it out perfectly..also tink of it hw would u drop a so called bomb in a worship center nd instead of running miles away u go outside nd shout "God is great"..Abeg all dis is just a make up scenario, we are not fools nd we Believe dat d God we serve will bring to justice al those who caused pain in d hearts of well meaning nigerians..
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by vanstanzy(m): 7:31am On Jun 23, 2012
Donbasi: Jtf for allow this one, make we hear say e don happen 4 mosque it would have been a nice wakeup call for muslim clerics to talk to their BH brothers. Jtf take note

As much as am not happy that this bomb planted in the mosque didn't go-off, Christianity religion doesn't preach "AN EYE FOR AN EYE" like, u no what religion i was going to say. Thank God life's were saved in the mosque, though. At least if we Christians speak like this, it'll go to show that WE VALUE LIFE unlike them.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by vanstanzy(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2012
samilo88: Booooo.. I dnt believe dis story..all that scenario was acted out just to make we xtians believe dat we ar not d only one suffering dis menace in worship centers. Come to think of it why is it that wen a mosque is abt to be bombed that is wen dis aimals are apprehended bt when its a church they carry it out perfectly..also tink of it hw would u drop a so called bomb in a worship center nd instead of running miles away u go outside nd shout "God is great"..Abeg all dis is just a make up scenario, we are not fools nd we Believe dat d God we serve will bring to justice al those who caused pain in d hearts of well meaning nigerians..

U'VE GOT IT RIGHT!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by SNCOQ3(m): 7:35am On Jun 23, 2012
The international community is appalled...The Americans are coming. BLUR THE LINE.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by rabzy01: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2012
Worshippers at Fagge
Juma’at mosque in Kano
today discovered a high
calibre explosive device
within the mosque’s
premises minutes to the
commencement of Friday
prayer.
The explosive, which was
packed in a bag was detected
around 1:40pm, when the
mosque’s imam was
preparing to lead the Friday
prayer, which was attended
by thousands of Muslim
faithful.
Eyewitnesses said the prayer
was however postponed to
allow police bomb disposal
unit to detonate the device.
Daily Trust learnt that the
bomb was detonated by
security agents within the
premises of the mosque,
which is one of the biggest
Muslims places of worship in
the state, before prayers
were resumed.
Kano State Police Command
Friday said four persons had
been arrested in connection
with the foiled attempt to
bomb the mosque.
In a statement issued by its
spokesperson, DSP Rilwanu
M. Dutse, the command gave
the names of the suspects as
Saminu Haruna, Salisu
Adamu, Abdullahi
Mohammed and Lawal
Sa’idu, adding that they were
apprehended by people in
the area.
“The Kano State Police
Command has successfully
evacuated and detonated a
bomb planted at Fagge
Juma’at Mosque. The bomb
was concealed in a polythene
bag. The committee of the
mosque alerted the police
and immediately deployed its
anti bomb disposal unit and
detonated the time bomb
without causing casualty or
damage,” said Dutse.
He added, “The public are
advised to ensure all hand
bags, plastic bags, Ghana-
must-go bags or polythene
bags are kept at safe distance
before allowing people
coming for prayers have
access into places of
worship.”
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165773:timed-bomb-found-in-kano-jumaat-mosque&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by walebaba(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2012
Na only dose who won attack mosque u fit apprehend u no dey apprehend dose wey dey blow church,na God go punish all of una
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by namfav(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2012
in fact, in the past they were

Isra-el:
When it comes to a mosque, bombng wil be averted. Church bombings are never averted..kudos 2 kano police
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by kheart(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
Donbasi: Jtf for allow this one, make we hear say e don happen 4 mosque it would have been a nice wakeup call for muslim clerics to talk to their BH brothers. Jtf take note
u tink tru ur anus seriously
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2012
well, thank God 4 d timely intervention.
But wait oh, if it were a church they wud hv ram d church buildin with a fast movin explosive ladened car. I fear fish play in dis oh! undecidedwell, thank God 4 d timely intervention.
But wait oh, if it were a church they wud hv ram d church buildin with a fast movin explosive ladened car. I fear fish play in dis oh!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by godimento: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2012
Rubbish, Who are they trying to deceive. Whether confirm or not, it's setup.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Challas(m): 9:41am On Jun 23, 2012
jmaine: Lol at Igbo and Yoruba man apprehended . . . .I smell desperate propaganda . . . .

OP, Source Pls . . . .
P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by greall1: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2012
Mr Presido,IN ANY BOMB EXPLOSION YOU MUST SACK ONE OF YOUR CABINET ONE DAY GOD WILL SACK YOU ALSO
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2012
Na-Me:

I was actually wondering the same thing.

And what's about the 'Igbo and Yoruba' men.
Were they the ones that shouted 'Allahu Akbar'?

Plus I thought they were 3 of them who called the attention of the Police to themselves; who then was the third one.
Ok... That one was Ijaw, he just came in from Brasil.
Na-Me ow re u? abeg no kill me! i've been laughing out since! ve a splendid day!

1 Like

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by popin5(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2012
What a bluff it is! Jihad will never thrive in Nigeria, mark it.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by mansmith(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2012
is it possible
?
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by emmalexabl(m): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2012
cock and bull. . .. Mind u poster that if ibo man had decided to bomb ur fhucking mosque, we should all be counting the no of causualties by now. . .!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Plagiarized Richard Buckminster Without Credit / CJN’s Trial: court restates order stopping CCT, AGF, others / Ambode Loses Bid To Stop Probe By Lawmakers Over Purchase Of 820 Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.