Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) (41536 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / New Anti Corruption Group Today At Wuse, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by Dollarman101: 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mekusnwa: At times, we propagate these Boko Haram activities by our too much talk and panicking. We must understand that these are trying times in the security and peaceful existence of our country. So caution must be exercised in the way we handle some of these issues. A blast went off at WUSE 2, an online guerilla newspaper that prides itself as Sahara Reporters rushed to broadcast that crystal lounge was bombed. They did not bother to ascertain the veracity of the news before going public. Now look at the confusion it has caused. Official repots coming from NEMA. Indicates that an IED was planted on a tree near a plaza possibly by a coward bomber who did not have the balls to approach his target. Meanwhile, it's already trending that a club was bombed in Abuja thus directing the attention of prospective bombers to clubs and joints in Abuja. This false alarm may now trigger future attacks on defenceless eateries, gardens and clubs. You see what irresponsible journalism can cause. I have read thru some comments in this forum and couldn't help but marvel at the depth of ignorance on display. While we appreciate that it is the primary duty of govt to ensure the security of lives and properties, we as citizens have a corresponding duty to be vigilant, take independent steps to guard our selves, desist from spreading fake rumors, report suspicious moves and characters to the security agents. You don't expect Jonathan to wear army uniforms and lead a patrol on the streets of Nigeria before you know he's fighting Boko Haram. He's own is to fund security operations which he has done by committing billions to all the security agencies, Hold regular meetings with Leaders of security agencies-which he does and still did yesterday; Take bold steps towards restructuring the security hierarchy- which he has done by sacking Hafz Ringim, Zakari Biu, 6 DIG's, Andrew Azazi as NSA, Bello Haliru as Defence Minister. He appointed Abubakar as Acting IGP and has left him on an acting capacity in order to ensure optimal performance from him. Now he has appointed a prince of the Sultanate to help him tackle the Boko Haram menace. The president had set up military bases at our border areas in Borno state all to curb the influx of these suicide terrorists from neighboring countries. He did not leave our borders only to immigrations and police. JTF are in steady operation at Maidugri, Kano, Yobe and now Kaduna. Everyday, we hear news of casualties arising from a gun battle between JTF and Boko Haram. The most recent one was the gun battle in Yobe that left 45 men of the sect dead while their leader, Hammed Baba was captured wounded and later died yesterday in custody. So it surprises me when some people just blabb that Gej is not doing a anything on security.
u spoke my mind. Correct smiley
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by Mandelaguy(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mekusnwa: At times, we propagate these Boko Haram activities by our too much talk and panicking. We must understand that these are trying times in the security and peaceful existence of our country. So caution must be exercised in the way we handle some of these issues. A blast went off at WUSE 2, an online guerilla newspaper that prides itself as Sahara Reporters rushed to broadcast that crystal lounge was bombed. They did not bother to ascertain the veracity of the news before going public. Now look at the confusion it has caused. Official repots coming from NEMA. Indicates that an IED was planted on a tree near a plaza possibly by a coward bomber who did not have the balls to approach his target. Meanwhile, it's already trending that a club was bombed in Abuja thus directing the attention of prospective bombers to clubs and joints in Abuja. This false alarm may now trigger future attacks on defenceless eateries, gardens and clubs. You see what irresponsible journalism can cause. I have read thru some comments in this forum and couldn't help but marvel at the depth of ignorance on display. While we appreciate that it is the primary duty of govt to ensure the security of lives and properties, we as citizens have a corresponding duty to be vigilant, take independent steps to guard our selves, desist from spreading fake rumors, report suspicious moves and characters to the security agents. You don't expect Jonathan to wear army uniforms and lead a patrol on the streets of Nigeria before you know he's fighting Boko Haram. He's own is to fund security operations which he has done by committing billions to all the security agencies, Hold regular meetings with Leaders of security agencies-which he does and still did yesterday; Take bold steps towards restructuring the security hierarchy- which he has done by sacking Hafz Ringim, Zakari Biu, 6 DIG's, Andrew Azazi as NSA, Bello Haliru as Defence Minister. He appointed Abubakar as Acting IGP and has left him on an acting capacity in order to ensure optimal performance from him. Now he has appointed a prince of the Sultanate to help him tackle the Boko Haram menace. The president had set up military bases at our border areas in Borno state all to curb the influx of these suicide terrorists from neighboring countries. He did not leave our borders only to immigrations and police. JTF are in steady operation at Maidugri, Kano, Yobe and now Kaduna. Everyday, we hear news of casualties arising from a gun battle between JTF and Boko Haram. The most recent one was the gun battle in Yobe that left 45 men of the sect dead while their leader, Hammed Baba was captured wounded and later died yesterday in custody. So it surprises me when some people just blabb that Gej is not doing a anything on security.
. Am impressed when I hear reasonable people like you talk. Security is a conscioious effort to safe guard your environment and it is a collective responsibility,more so now that suicide terrorism is trying to gain grounds in this country. All well meaning Nigerians have a lot of role to play in this, and should not just leave govt or security operatives to it. If we are alert and conscious, it will help them in the proper discharge of their duties. In advanced economies, so many mishaps and terror acts has been foiled becaus security conscious citizens contributed their quota. I don't see why we cannot do same for our country,if we really want her progress,peace and stability.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by jadakiss213(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
well said..why u get sense like this??
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by ezer(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
There was actually a bomb blast in the early hours of today..its been confirmed. No casualty though.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by ubandire(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
It seems our presido is handling the menace of boko haram systematically, buh God willing it will be a thing of the past.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by sammisra: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
i hope is in house of rep.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2012
it will never stop. nigeria is doomed
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by 9zeros(m): 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: My happiness is no critic I have ever known has been successful in holding public office. How can people just rain curses of their elected President for no just reason. I hate Nairaland, I hardly will be coming here....It just shows the nature of the people called Nigerians.
r u leaving NL? me too. BUT,
911243members - 2members: 911241members.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by elampiro(m): 6:49am On Jun 24, 2012
Now that it's been confirmed, hope the critics will praise Sahara reporters. At least they give us timely information.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by AtheistD(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2012
Has the govt come out to say anything officially?
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by doofanc: 9:54am On Jun 24, 2012
Suprisingly no newspaper has carried d story yet
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by jude33084(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2012
Ganys: Its not Bomb oooh, I hear say na transformer explode, person wey madman don bite b4,if he see mechanic he go takeoff

cheesy cheesy you get mouth nor be small cheesy cheesy
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by KnowAll(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2012
I heard crystal Lounge is a bee-hive night club, filled to the brim, where both foreigners and Nigerians go to enjoy themselves, it is a shame, with all the money they are making, they cannot engage or employ security personnel who would help in making sure their immediate surrondings are safe.

A friend of mine told me that the place is so open that a hobo can just jay-walk from the main road into the place without anyone accustomably asking who are you? and where are you going? or how can I help you? If its true that the security was this shallow, then the night club owners had it coming.

My Friend said that would be the last time he would ever go there, he said the security was so lax, that the place is a disater waiting to happen, that the Bali Bombings in Indonesia would be a child'd play when those idioooots BH strike. I hope the management of the Night club would take pro-active measure to forestall any eventualities after this first warning shot. cool
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by greenhope(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
How come there is no much publicity in the newspaper about the recent Abuja Bombing?
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by Okenail(m): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2012
We are de green white green no matter what boko or coko haram do, we still stand as a great people, 2 hell with their believe.
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by Sholly2924: 8:48am On Jun 25, 2012
Hmmm na only God fil help dis country o lord pls help us o
Re: Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge) by check45: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I don't get it. . . I honestly don't get how we are supposed discuss the situation. . .good or bad, of a country without bringing up the PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY!!!

How for goodness sake. . .How??!!

The way GEJ supporters react, one would think people are unfairly picking on some Baba Saliu who sells tomtom in front of his shed/house.

If you guys don't want his name mentioned when discussing the country, kindly beg him to resign so another person's name can be called.
GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS,AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS AND SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE - Eleanor Roosevelt

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Returns Back To Office After His Victory - Photos / Photo: President Buhari At Niger, Today. / Senator Ita Giwa Flaunts Curves In Black Peplum Jumpsuit(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.