Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigeria Can Be Great If................ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Be Great If................ (494 Views)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / Nigeria Would Have Been Great If It Had Taken Its Chances Well - OBJ / Our Country Would Be Great If We Do The Right Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Be Great If................ by hipinnacle: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2012
Nigeria is wounded and bleeding………. She needs rescuers, and not sympathizers. You ask, how? Then, I will tell you.

You can help by doing what is right in your own corner unnoticed. I asked myself. Is there no single righteous man in this land? If a whole nation can be saved from dearth (scarcity and hunger) because one man dreamt and another man interpreted…….. Pharaoh and joseph, a whole city was built because one man took the giant step to approach the king and also channel his salary to the suffering of the people……. Nehemiah. Then Nigeria can be saved if 1 out of 10,000 starts having a change of mind.

At your corner, in your little way, are you doing the following, then my country, Nigeria would be healed from her bleeding and experience a new dawn…..
• When you buy stuff, and you are being overpaid with change and the seller did not know, do you always, I mean always return back the overpaid money?
• Do you take another person girl or lady under your roof and started cheating on another man’s future wife?
• When you wake up in the morning or before you tiredly rush to bed in the night, do you say a simple prayer for Nigeria like God bless Nigeria? Oh! All you say is what a stupid nation with daft leaders. Then I tell you, if we keep at that, law of utterance will caught up with us and in 20 years’ time, we will still be feeling miserable.
• Do you care for your mum or old dad when they are alive or all you do is to throw party when they are gone?
• Um! Do you think in your heart of becoming rich overnight even if it has to be in an illegal manner?
• Do you feel too pompous to say “am sorry” when you know you are wrong? Or everything you muter to yourself is that how can me that am up to this ridicule myself to say sorry, please or thank you at every occasion, then check yourself, you must be a nut (just joking)…… hey, dust off your pride, you don’t need it, you are a dust from Adam.
• Do you make a promise and falter and you deliberately shy away from it?
• Do you pack refuse and debris from your home to another man street very early in the morning and look around making sure no one is approaching, and dump it into their gutter.
• Do you lie cheaply even when you know telling the truth would have rescued somebody?
• Do you stop your car when traffic light beckon on you or you are in haste to catch up with an appointment?
• Add your own…………

We must begin to know that Nigeria will not be great until the people in it are better. Play your own part today. Somebody said, it is from among the people that leaders emerge to rule the same people. Therefore, the man that is stealing billions today started stealing pencil in his primary schools days unnoticed or without being cautioned, cheated on his friend girlfriend untold (keep it secret) in the secondary school days and even slyly added x2 0r x3 to his school fees demanded from his parent during university days.
You think all these aforementioned are not possible again in this generation that is perverse and full of shit, then you are wrong……. You know what, start to do them one after the other, and you will see how easy they are.

If a country is full of edifice and riches and corruption is underneath, one day those riches will disappear and the edifice will crumble.

We don’t need a miracle to happen in this country, we just need men with change of heart and attitude folks and everybody we start seeing the ripple effect. Good morning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Dictionary Word...guess; Check This Out ! Lol / Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others / We'll Not Support Nigerians' Illegality Abroad - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.