Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation (15354 Views)

Osinbajo Rejects N7b VP Residence, Says He Will Remain In Current Accommodation / Fresh Row Over New N7b Vp’s Residence / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by msmon(m): 4:29am On Feb 20, 2015
•I’m not aware of any bribe – Kaduna CAN
chairman
•Jonathan bribed pastors with N7b, not
N6bn Cleric
•Rivers PDP demands apology from
Amaechi
•Nobody can buy me over, says Lagos CAN
chairman

By Juliet Oyoyo (Kaduna), Daniel Abia (P/
Harcourt) and Aramide Oikelome (Lagos)

The Kaduna State Chairman of CAN has denied any knowledge of an arrangement where money was shared to chairmen of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the 36 states of the federation by anyone.

The state CAN Chairman, George Dodo, told Daily Independent in an interview that he was not aware of any meeting where money was shared.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi in the course of campaigning for the APC Presidential Candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, recently had accused Ministers of God in the country of collecting a bribe of N6 billion to take sides with the party in 2015 general elections.

Amaechi alleged that unnamed leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party paid N6 billion to Christian clerics to campaign against Buhari and the APC.

Since then many pastors have challenged him to be courageous enough to name the pastors who collected the bribe.

But as if to confirm the bribery allegation, a Borno-based Pastor and Executive Director of the Voice of Northern Christian Movement, Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, said on Thursday that the President Goodluck Jonathan actually gave them N7 billion and not N6 billion as alleged by Amaechi who doubles as the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation.

Dikwa who said the money was channeled through Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, President of CAN, disclosed that CAN got the said money on January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3 million each to its state chairmen across the country.

According to Dikwa, an Associate Pastor with the E. Y. N. Church (Enklesiyan Yan’uwan A Nijeriya) Farm Centre Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, under Rev. Emmanuel Kwajihe between 2002-2004, “CAN had started threatening Christians in the state (Borno) that they must re-elect President Jonathan in the rescheduled election”.

Dodo, however, queried the credibility of the person behind the report, saying many people were out there just seeking for relevance.

“If, according to reports, that the said Pastor Dikwa is close to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, then the best person to ask would be the CAN National Chairman to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of the person’s story. This is because I am not aware and as such, cannot speak about something I know nothing about.

“As for the man claiming to be of the Christian faith, I don’t know him and I leave him to God,” ,” the Kaduna CAN stated.

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers State has demanded unreserved apology from Governor Amaechi over his bribery allegation against the Christian folk.

The state PDP on Thursday expressed sadness over the allegation of bribery leveled against ministers of God for purposes of the 2015 general elections.

Describing it as “unsubstantiated” allegation against Ministers of God to vote for certain political office seekers, the PDP in a statement signed by Jerry Needam, Special Adviser on Media to the State Party Chairman, Felix Obuah, said there was no other reason for the baseless and malicious allegation than to drag Christianity to the mud.

The party said: “This, among other reckless utterances of Amaechi, clearly shows the inner thinking and direction of the APC.”

It warned that the calm disposition of Christianity and the gentleness of its adherents must not be taken for granted to insult the ministers of God.

Wondering whether a Muslim brother and, or faithful, as Amaechi claims to be a Christian, could under any guise profane his religion or its leaders in the manner he has done, the PDP demanded unreserved apology from the governor for the undeserved insult to ministers of God.

It warned the APC leadership to call Amaechi and members of his campaign organisation to order.

Also reacting to the allegation, the Chairman of CAN, Lagos Chapter, Apostle Alex Bamgbola, has declared that no one can buy him over with money, let alone trampling on his values and integrity.

Bamgbola said: “There is no human being on earth that can buy me; I am not for sale. If I had been for sale, you wouldn’t find me here. I had access to petroleum when I came back to Nigeria in 1979. I was on the board of 17 companies, then God called me and said everything give it away. I owned ten per cent of two banks and about 25 per cent of three insurance banks, God said never return there and I left it all.”

Speaking further on the said amount given to CAN, he said that the issue is a sad and controversial one and that curses have been pronounced on whoever collected such money from politicians, hence he would not want to comment on it.

“The issue is too sensitive and I won’t want to comment on it. Let the national office of CAN respond as to whether they collected such money or not,” he said.

Bamgbola added that the Elders Forum of CAN has decided not to comment of the alleged bribe scandal again.

When our Correspondent put a call through to the national president of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, he was said to be in church for evening service, hence he would not react to the matter as at press time.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/can-denies-n7b-bribery-allegation/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Oklander: 4:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Bribery and corruption cases everywhere in this regime. These incompetent leaders led by the clueless master himself has really finished this country.
GMB/PYO will have a lot of work to do from may 29th.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 20, 2015
Bookiing a space
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by ambrosini593(m): 4:49am On Feb 20, 2015
Surely they shall gather against GEJ, but they shall flee in billion ways. What kind of opposition that feeds on lies and cook up stories all the time to stay relevance?. Once your time has past it will no longer come back. The crown belongs to GEJ

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by pacesetter939: 4:57am On Feb 20, 2015
GMB shall clean up this mess GEJ has plunged this nation into.

32 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by msmon(m): 4:59am On Feb 20, 2015
Everyone has been thrown into confusion, CAN is seriously confused! CAN is always in the news for the wrong reasons (I'm not bashing christians but CAN leadership).
Initially it was 6b bribe, later a pastor confirmed it's 7b. The next headline you see is another CAN leader deny the allegation.

28 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by pacesetter939: 5:01am On Feb 20, 2015
ambrosini593:
Surely they shall gather against GEJ, but they shall flee in billion ways. What kind of opposition that feeds on lies and cook up stories all the time to stay relevance?. Once your time has past it will no longer come back. The crown belongs to GEJ
It's opposition that's responsible for GEJ's incompetence & inept government where stealing in billions have become the order of the day and EFCC, being a toothless bulldog has been handicapped by GEJ, right?

34 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by jay2pee(m): 5:09am On Feb 20, 2015
Nigeria is getting more interesting on per minute billing

4 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by TeamSimple(m): 5:12am On Feb 20, 2015
They collected 6bn not 7bn please.

7 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Iaz93: 5:15am On Feb 20, 2015
ambrosini593:
What crown? Crown of ashes!

17 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by benuejosh: 5:23am On Feb 20, 2015
politics in the household of faith. what will Jesus do?
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Mylove55(f): 5:40am On Feb 20, 2015
I just dey laugh,if they did not collect,why using house of God to propagate lies,to campaign for corrupt gej,or are they happy for condition of nigeria,is only a bigot and those that collect money from gej wil support him.no real christian wil vote gej,if not,we all need change.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Mylove55(f): 5:42am On Feb 20, 2015
I just dey laugh,if they did not collect,why using house of God to propagate lies,to campaign for cor.rupt gej,or are they happy for condition of nigeria,is only a bigot and those that collect money from gej wil support him.no real christian wil vote gej,if not,we all need change.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by omenka(m): 5:46am On Feb 20, 2015
The more they deny it the more I believe it actually happened.

That 50cents wannabe has brought so much disrepute to that body it would take years to redeem its glory after he leaves.

Everyone knows Oritsedumbfuck is a crook, a money "launderer", and a gun runner.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by clevvermind(m): 5:48am On Feb 20, 2015
when will apc stop lying? we all know that it is a false allegation. let's be careful of this party of liars.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by clevvermind(m): 5:50am On Feb 20, 2015
TeamSimple:
were you there when they collected it?

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Pangea: 5:52am On Feb 20, 2015
CAN!
See una life!

Jesus weep!

Truly your gods has become your belly!

2 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:52am On Feb 20, 2015
You cant expect them to admit to receiving dat large amount of money

3 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by vincencior(m): 6:01am On Feb 20, 2015
ambrosini593:

Before nko? were u expecting the Kaduna CAN chairman who was alleged to have collected his own share of d bribe to come out publicly and admit taking d bribe.

U must be high on cluelessnes. For how long have u been on clueless hangover like ur Oga Jona.

16 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Oklander: 6:59am On Feb 20, 2015
TeamSimple:
Lol

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Firefire(m): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by msmon(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2015
jay2pee:
Nigeria is getting more interesting on per minute billing
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by jdilight(m): 7:50am On Feb 20, 2015
Oklander:
Bribery and corruption cases everywhere in this regime. These incompetent leaders led by the clueless master himself has really finished this country.
GMB/PYO will have a lot of work to do from may 29th.

Do you know the difference between cases and allegations?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by vislabraye(m): 7:53am On Feb 20, 2015
This is the handwork of Amaechi.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by lilprinze: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2015
If APC or Amechi don't have any proof or evidence of PDP or GEJ giving any CAN pastor the N7 billion bribe to rubbish All
Progressives Congress, they should shut the F**k up.
Everyone knows APC is a party full of lies and propaganda.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Oklander: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2015
jdilight:

Do you know the difference between cases and allegations?
Am not talking about lawsuit, So your question is for the gods.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by simplemach(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2015
Apc at it again.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Vock(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2015
Story for the gods, who expected them to acknowledge it before??
Bunch of political whores!!
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by CLEARINGAGENT: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2015
Whoever feels is sure of bribery should mention name.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Oildichotomy(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2015
The media is actually making a meal out of this -
These allegations are just mere propaganda to discredit the christian faith to gain some relevance and empathy of some sort from Christians and Muslims alike.

But some gullible peeps are seeing this only through the partisan (APC & PDP) prism.

It is actually an attack on Christianity by politicians and some unknown pastors are tweaking it to gain relevance -
Like seriously, 6Billion for what now? How will that make me vote anybody

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by Sierraloaded: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation by freshness2020: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2015
We already know that sir, except the gullible one's!
Long live the Christian community!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate To SGF; Defend Yourself Or Resignl / Doyin Okupe Officially Joins Accord Party [PHOTOS] / Nigerians Too Ignorant Of President Buhari's Achievements - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.