Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

What Make A Legitimate Marriage In The Face Of The Bible? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Make A Legitimate Marriage In The Face Of The Bible? (556 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Make A Legitimate Marriage In The Face Of The Bible? by homebase(m): 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
Of recent i read a thread here on nairaland in which a guy was asking for people opinion about
a lady he intend to marry but who had got a baby for someone in a failed relationship.

In that thread someone came up from Biblical angle to warned the guy if he is a christian of what the Bible
says as regards on what condition a divorced woman can re-marry, obviously the man was referring to 1Corinthians
chapter 7 verse 39. The verse says in part that a woman can only re-marry if her husband is dead.

My observation is that there are many people later turn to good christion who had opted out of their supposed marriage with kids.
I said supposed marriage because in the first place there is no marriage because many of them did not do most important thing
the Bible demands for marital union to be a marriage which is paying the bride price (if i am wrong correct me)

So based on bride price factor, i am of the opinion that any "divorced" christian woman who is seeking to re-marry is not bound
by what 1 Cor.7:39 says.

What is your thought on this?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Grand Father? / News Of The Day::::guber Poll: Don’t Deploy Military Men To Edo, Clark Warns Fg. / Please Who Is The True Owner Of A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.