Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed (11153 Views)

How The Leadership Crisis In The House Of Reps Was Sealed-daily Trust / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
Again

homerac7: Kobo, why u dey laff nah? angry angry angry grin grin
Maybe u r thinking what I'm thinking

Why I no go laff?? You no read that thing?

I mean check it . . . "IT IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG FOR YOU TO HAVE AN OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE BUT HERE IS MY OWN OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE"

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by edicolove: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2012
homerac7: @edicolove,

Thanks for giving us all another view on same matter. Personally, I welcome it and can't agree more with your half-fill-half-empty analogy. Afterall its only opinion and diversity of it shows we r thinking.

I won't debate ur opinion with u, ...no I won't. You hav a right to it, so I will respect that.

Yet, I will make aversion to your last sentence where you were unwise to label me a "hater" and "BH supporter", its very very unwise to say that to people who see issues differently from you and more foooolish to label them what u can't substantiate.

Please follow the language of earlier posters and learn some things about being civil, cultured and cultivated.

Peace be unto you.

Fair enough, you have a right to be offended. And for the records, you do have a right to criticize GEJ and you should as a citizen of Nigeria. But what we are seeing here on NL is not criticism but an agenda to pull down the government and return the north back to power. The difference between a critic and a hater is simply:

A critic criticizes anything that is wrong and applauds whatever is right. A hater and a bigot on the other hand paints everything as bad even when they are glaringly good because they have an agenda. They even criticized the passage of the FOI. Now that's an agenda right there!

1 Like

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by homerac7: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Modified.

@ edicolove: thanks for d maturity.

1 Like

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by 1025: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
@homerac7, have you ever heard of the half full, half empty principle. Its about a mindset and how your mind processes information. You read a report and suddenly started scavenging for negative phrases you could use to feed your skepticism and lack of hope. And nature doesn't ever disappoint, you got your fill.

So let me give you a different perspective and deducion based on a different mindset from the same report:

1. That GEJ really cares about moving Nigeria forward. That is why he called for investors and he is willing to take an action to convince the investors. That is competence.

2. That he reviewed Azazi's performance, found it wanting and didn't consider sentiments over reason in sacking him. That is competence. He could have left him on.

3. That he is willing to try out other methods in fighting terrorism. He is ready to take risks. That is competence.

4. That he didn't go to brazil to junket afterall as insinuated by many.

5. That the man actually listens to advise from good and well meaning people.

6. That he didn't sack Azazi because of his PDP statement. That means the president is not interested in playing politics with Nigerian issues

So there it is. A different mindset. A half full mindset from a BH opposer unlike that from a GEJ hater and BH supporter. Cheers

@edicolove,
@ your no 5, joe listens to advise from good and well meaning ppl. who are the good and well meaning ppl?
when you talk about moving nigeria forward, in ur opinion, is it possible in the presence of all these corruption all over the place?
talking about azazi's pdp comment, what about the pdp chairman's comment in which he said that boko haram is fighting for justice?
jonathan has his wife and two children, what if three of them are involved in these boko haram attacks? will he still apply the same approach?
1st oct bombing in abuja when Chief Raymond Dokpesi was campaigning for IBB, jonathan arrested him(Dokpesi) and told us that dokpesi was behind the bombing but with one month, we saw dokpesi in jonathan's camp and nothing was heard of the bombing again. was that not enough politics with the lives of nigerians?
if you take a closer look at those jonathan is ruling us with, u will know that they don't worth it.
reuben abati wrote a book only in 2009 condemning the removal of fuel subsidy only to support it because he is now working for jonathan. labrown maku led a protest against removal of fuel subsidy in 1986 as a students' leader only to champion the course as an information minister and when ask, he said he was sponsored. these ppl are not worthy to be leaders. tomorrow buy them over and they will start a new thread. the inability to appoint worthy men and women into ur cabinet is another form of incompetency.

1 Like

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by edicolove: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I mean check it . . . "IT IS WRONG FOR YOU TO HAVE AN OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE BUT HERE IS MY OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE"

Thought you were more intelligent than this. My bad, I gave you too much credit. Lol

Half empty is bad. Half full is good and healthy. Half empty is cynicism. It can lead to bad health like ulcer and worse. Life is about perspective. Criticism is a lazy choice. The world needs people to make impact not sit on an armchair and type criticism on an internet forum. You can start by helping your street or LGA. I wonder what sounded funny in my post. I guess you are just grandstanding again. Its your way of saying you are clueless I guess.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Again, again . . .
homerac7: Kobo, why u dey laff nah? angry angry angry grin grin
Maybe u r thinking what I'm thinking

I mean check it . . . "IT IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG FOR YOU TO HAVE AN OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE BUT HERE IS MY OWN OPINION/HALF-FULL-HALF EMPTY PRINCIPLE"

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by edicolove: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
edicolove:

@Kobojunkie

I thought you were more intelligent than this. My bad, I gave you too much credit. Lol

Half empty is bad. Half full is good and healthy. Half empty is cynicism. It can lead to bad health like ulcer and worse. Life is about perspective. Criticism is a lazy choice. The world needs people to make impact not sit on an armchair and type criticism on an internet forum. You can start by helping your street or LGA. I wonder what sounded funny in my post. I guess you are just grandstanding again. Its your way of saying you are clueless I guess.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by mbhs139(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
1025:

@edicolove,
@ your no 5, joe listens to advise from good and well meaning ppl. who are the good and well meaning ppl?
when you talk about moving nigeria forward, in ur opinion, is it possible in the presence of all these corruption all over the place?
talking about azazi's pdp comment, what about the pdp chairman's comment in which he said that boko haram is fighting for justice?
jonathan has his wife and two children, what if three of them are involved in these boko haram attacks? will he still apply the same approach?
1st oct bombing in abuja when Chief Raymond Dokpesi was campaigning for IBB, jonathan arrested him(Dokpesi) and told us that dokpesi was behind the bombing but with one month, we saw dokpesi in jonathan's camp and nothing was heard of the bombing again. was that not enough politics with the lives of nigerians?
if you take a closer look at those jonathan is ruling us with, u will know that they don't worth it.
reuben abati wrote a book only in 2009 condemning the removal of fuel subsidy only to support it because he is now working for jonathan. labrown maku led a protest against removal of fuel subsidy in 1986 as a students' leader only to champion the course as an information minister and when ask, he said he was sponsored. these ppl are not worthy to be leaders. tomorrow buy them over and they will start a new thread. the inability to appoint worthy men and women into ur cabinet is another form of incompetency.

i cant agree less with you 1025 but wll come back to it because nepa don take light and my lapi battery no good. you made a lot of sense
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by ochukoccna: 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2012

“President Jonathan was told to be more decisive in tackling the insecurity challenge if he was serious about the FDI drive of his administration”, one source told Sunday Vanguard.
Did he need to go to Brazil to be told this in today's world of instant communication? embarassed embarassed embarassed
What an expensive conversation shocked shocked shocked
Shior! grin grin grin
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Olaolufred(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If true, this is a shame. He had to go all the way to Brazil to realize to be told that his house was on fire? undecided undecided undecided undecided

When we said it was wrong for him to jet out amidst insecurity @ home,
Beaf and company said that was the best choice.
When we read that He is bringing brazil to invest in our power and agric sector, I said that was not priority in the face of insecurity.
I wrote on the thread, ''why is jonathan cleaning his anus before going to poo''?
That has been confirmed over 6000 km away. An indictment that he is incompetent.
How I wish the system is healthy, he would have been sacked for his gross ineptitude.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by SisiKill1: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
edicolove: @homerac7, have you ever heard of the half full, half empty principle. Its about a mindset and how your mind processes information. You read a report and suddenly started scavenging for negative phrases you could use to feed your skepticism and lack of hope. And nature doesn't ever disappoint, you got your fill.

So let me give you a different perspective and deducion based on a different mindset from the same report:

1. That GEJ really cares about moving Nigeria forward. That is why he called for investors and he is willing to take an action to convince the investors. That is competence.

2. That he reviewed Azazi's performance, found it wanting and didn't consider sentiments over reason in sacking him. That is competence. He could have left him on.

3. That he is willing to try out other methods in fighting terrorism. He is ready to take risks. That is competence.

4. That he didn't go to brazil to junket afterall as insinuated by many.

5. That the man actually listens to advise from good and well meaning people.

6. That he didn't sack Azazi because of his PDP statement. That means the president is not interested in playing politics with Nigerian issues

So there it is. A different mindset. A half full mindset from a BH opposer unlike that from a GEJ hater and BH supporter. Cheers

Thanks jare, I too was appalled by some people's response. Any reasonable person should know that people dying like cockroaches every other day is not a sufficient enough reason for the President to review the country's state of security or lack thereof. . .No siree bob! Now the possibility of foreign investment pouring into the country. . . well that's a mighty good reason and anyone who doesn't understand this is clearly a half empty glass viewing person(aren't they worst? Ughhh! Can't stand people like that). angry angry

Of course one could say. . .if the entire country is blown to smithereens because of the buffet of bombings, who benefits from all the foreign investment but you know what. . .that's thinking too deeply about it, no? I think so too!!

Alls I gotta say is. . . thank goodness for the promise of foreign investment. This is the kinda stuff good history is made of and I won't be surprised if in the not so distant future, someone wrote a book - How Foreign Investment saved our lives. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by emperorT: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
a leader's true capacity is tested and known when he makes gud decisions nd stand by it,,actually reverse is d case in dis country
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Thanks jare, I too was appalled by some people's response. Any reasonable person should know that people dying like cockroaches every other day is not a sufficient enough reason for the President to review the country's state of security or lack thereof. . .No siree bob! Now the possibility of foreign investment pouring into the country. . . well that's a mighty good reason and anyone who doesn't understand this is clearly a half empty glass viewing person(aren't they worst? Ughhh! Can't stand people like that). angry angry

Of course one could say. . .if the entire country blown to smithereens because of the buffet of bombings, who benefits from all the foreign investment but you know what. . .that's thinking too deeply about it, no? I think so too!!

Alls I gotta say is. . . thank goodness for the promise of foreign investment. This is the kinda stuff good history is made of and I won't be surprised if in the not so distant future, someone wrote a book - How Foreign Investment saved our lives. cool cool
cheesy strumpet
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by SisiKill1: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
BoboYekini:
cheesy strumpet

Hehehehehe cheesy cheesy
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by werepeLeri: 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
believe everything Nigerian newspapers prints and you will believe there are 14 months in a single year. Worst is- believe anything you read on NairaLand and you are done for. LOL.

Azazi is now a saint only when GEJ fired him. The same people shouting Azazi should be removed, these are the same people now touting him as a saint.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by doofanc: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Of course one could say. . .if the entire country is blown to smithereens because of the buffet of bombings, who benefits from all the foreign investment but you know what. . .that's thinking too deeply about it, no? I think so too!!

epic!
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by uncleb(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
In nigeria, it is easy to loose office if you are appointed. Whether you are competent or not, just be out of favour wt the person who appointed you or pose as a hinderance to him achieving a goal, then u are on your way out. Come to think of it, why would GEJ wait for the international community to refuse bringing investment here before he realized he needed to stem the insurgence.people lives means nothing to him.

But am confused, how many imcompetent people have we eleceted to various positions, at LG levelN state and federal so what can we do to send them back to their fathers'housess.

How ccompetent si the presi, your govs, senators, reps etc. Or do they hav immunity over performance assessment.

Just thinking aloud.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by graychuks(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
JUST GEJ KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.....
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by nagoma(m): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
Joey82: even though this sambo guy does not look like the best man for the job for now, i think the president may appoint general aliyu gusau as the new minister of defence.
imho, he is far nigeria's most accomplished security operative.
his wealth of experience will be needed at this time

Forget it. An ijaw man will be announced as the new minister of defense. If not Azazi then another uncle of the president. Announcing Dasuki immediately and delaying the ministers appointment is tactical.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by doofanc: 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
werepeLeri: believe everything Nigerian newspapers prints and you will believe there are 14 months in a single year. Worst is- believe anything you read on NairaLand and you are done for. LOL.

Azazi is now a saint only when GEJ fired him. The same people shouting Azazi should be removed, these are the same people now touting him as a saint.

naturally, a news story deemed less than favorable to your principal would likely be of questionable veracity, no?.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by werepeLeri: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
doofanc:

naturally, a news story deemed less than favorable to your principal would likely be of questionable veracity, no?.

Ask me again. Where is the source of the information that the international community refuse bringing investment here hence GEJ fired AZAZI? Which group or group of persons said that and where?

somebody is seen not to be performing, and he was sacked - pure and simple. Whats the conspiracy theory all about?

1 Like

Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by spyder880(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
uncleb: In nigeria, it is easy to loose office if you are appointed. Whether you are competent or not, just be out of favour wt the person who appointed you or pose as a hinderance to him achieving a goal, then u are on your way out. Come to think of it, why would GEJ wait for the international community to refuse bringing investment here before he realized he needed to stem the insurgence.people lives means nothing to him.

But am confused, how many imcompetent people have we eleceted to various positions, at LG levelN state and federal so what can we do to send them back to their fathers'housess.

How ccompetent si the presi, your govs, senators, reps etc. Or do they hav immunity over performance assessment.

Just thinking aloud.

Answering you aloud, is Jonathan also responsible for firing the govnors and LG chairmen? Is he the state house of assembly?
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
My problem with gej is the that he knew from the onset that these people don‘t like and instead of him mapping out a strategy in attacking the problem, he surrounds himself with politicals abominations he call Sa(s) and ministers. I hope he knows what he‘s doing.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by oiseworld: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
but on a more serious note what was wrong with the sacking of azazi? Was he spose to be there for ever? Most of you are just bent on criticizing the president.
To some people he has never taken a right decision. But this one was called for, you don't expect the bombing to continue and nobody gets sacked !.

For christ sake, someone is failing at his duties period.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by playmode(m): 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2012
The entire PDP from Jonathan down to their supporters are morons.They are not competent enough to wipe their azz let alone run anything.I am no anti terorrism expert but i will easily do a far better job than what this dead man walking Jonathan is doing.

Jonathan is a slowpoke of epic proportions,a disgrace to Nigerians, a traitor i wouldn't hesitate shooting between the eyes if the chance presents it's self and the laughing stock of the political world.All the Nigerians who voted for this clown deserve all the pain and suffering they are witnessing now.They were warned but chose to accept bribes and mass thumb print voting papers to rig him in.Every action has a reaction and this is their just deserve.Until the day Nigerians collectively abandon their criminal mentally and choose to be honest ,disciplined,patriotic and selfless they will never know peace.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by UKBobo(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
I was thinking of moving to Nigeria to settle with my Nigerian girlfriend (Funmi). However, with all the bombing and insecurity, I will look at Senegal or Ghana instead. I will be bringing $75K of investment into the local economy.
Re: The Nsa's Sack: How Azazi's Fate Was Sealed by Ibime(m): 9:56am On Jun 25, 2012
Does GEJ need to travel all the way to Brazil to learn that the insecurity in the country affects foreign investment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro / Ibrahim Mallaha Gusau Is Dead: Zamfara PDP Chairman Dies / Gov Obaseki Denies Providing Land For Herders In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.