Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Accommodation Problem - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Accommodation Problem (3569 Views)

Which State Has The Cheapest Accommodation In Nigeria / Hostel Accommodation For Unaab Pre Degree Students / Looking For Accommodation In Surulere (Aguda - Ijesha) Axis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accommodation Problem by jamesjami: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2007
I am 30 and I just completed ICAN PE2 exams. I have suffered through to this stage living in the school where I recieve lectures even though I am working with a megre salary.

I just took up an appointment with a company that seems to be a bit okay than where I am coming from and I am considering taking a loan facility from a bank since nobody is willing to assist me with N180000 for a single room self contained apartment and I av only spent 2 months with dis coy.

Please advise me in case there are negative implicative implications to the step I am about to take.

Thank you
Re: Accommodation Problem by Beta001(f): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2007
james jami:

I am 30 and I just completed ICAN PE2 exams. I have suffered through to this stage living in the school where I recieve lectures even though I am working with a megre salary.

I just took up an appointment with a company that seems to be a bit okay than where I am coming from and I am considering taking a loan facility from a bank since nobody is willing to assist me with N180000 for a single room self contained apartment and I av only spent 2 months with this coy.

Please advise me in case there are negative implicative implications to the step I am about to take.

Thank you
james i feel so sorry for u. i wish there's a way i could help but i'm staying with a family member.
for the loan u are planning to take, i think it's risky since u have only been with the company for two months.
But if the pay will be enough to settle the bill (within the shortest possible time)and cater for ur needs, then go for it.
u know a bank loan means serious business. Try ur best and pray for God to help u settle it. God Bless.
Re: Accommodation Problem by teekay27(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2007
James your story is pathetic but there's always a way out of every situation. God is the only way out, just go to Him in prayer, He'll certainly settle it. Taking a loan from the bank is not the best thing to do, you will end up being enslaved by the bank, even though u did not disclose how much u are earning, taking loan from a bank is risky, u're in Lagos, right: N180000 is too much for a room, self-contain apartment, go for a cheaper accommodation.
Re: Accommodation Problem by onmyown(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2007
Dear James,

What is your location for this need?
Re: Accommodation Problem by jamesjami: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
My location for this accomodation I need is any where in Anthony, Maryland, Palmgrove, Onipanu, Jibowu or Yaba. All I want is a place I can keep my concentration with my professional exams. Thank you
Re: Accommodation Problem by bruce(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
James, i could imagine ur plight, but don't allow ur condition push u into more difficult situation. Frankly speaking bank will not consider granting u a loan becos ur source of repayment is not guaranteed given that u just started work. even if they consider that u may not  meet their collateral request which might include a guarantee from your new employer and direct payment of your salary to the bank to enable them make their deductions b4 allowing u access to whatever might be left out. The interest rate and conditions of repayment will be to high and stringent for u to cope with.

That might lead to more liabilities and componding of ur problems. U could get a cheaper and more comfortable accommodation U can afford else where than going 4 a loan. So I will sincerely not advice U to go for a loan.

Believe and trust God for an alternative, and He will surely provide one for you.

May God be with u and make a way for you.
Re: Accommodation Problem by Seun(m): 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
Where are you currently living? How are you managing? Are you squatting somewhere?
Re: Accommodation Problem by Coleslove: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
james jami:

I have suffered through to this stage living in the school where I recieve lectures

Seun i blive he still stays there.
Re: Accommodation Problem by Loverboyz: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2007
?
Re: Accommodation Problem by Coleslove: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
Young man, i want to blive that securing a bank loan would not be the surest way to solving what is on ground. Happy to hear you have a new job, why can't you just manage with the proceeds of your take home pay however meager it is

Second, if you feel your expense is larger than your income, you could better and securely get this same loan from your current place of work. At least explaining your plight to the management could give you favorable consideration.

Furthermore, your expected/anticipated 180k accommodation as the solution to the situation on ground is not it. This is too much. Alternatively go for the smallest start (One room face me and face you) and then grow to (Self contain).

Finally, Its high time you spend more time at the Business Section of this forum. You can't rely on employment for long.

Thus is my submission
Re: Accommodation Problem by donmayor(m): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
A bank loan that is not to be invested is not worth collecting to me. It's kind of hard managing in the school you receive lectures but if it means u would stay there until you save to be able to pay ur accommodation urself, then do it. Unless you are being asked to leave I think the bank loan is not worth it at all. You might not be able to concentrate one bit on ur exams only the bank loan
Re: Accommodation Problem by bolajibaok(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
@JAMES
INTERESTING , EVEN SEUN IS FEELING FOR U, OL BOY THIS IS NAIJA , I WILLL TELL U A LIL BIT OF MY STORY, I GOT A JOB IN ABUJA , EL RUFAI WAS DEMOLISHING HOUSES EVERYWHERE.ONE ROOM IS 150K FAR FROM WHERE I WORK , IN TOWN ITS LIKE 300000K FOR ONE ROOM ,, THIS IS THE KIND OF THINGY THAT MAKES US HAVE NO FEELING FOR THOSE ELDERS THAT DIDNT PLAN FOR US, HOW COULD I BE THIS OLD AND NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD A ROOM OF MY OWN IN MY FATHERLAND, AT TIMES I FEEL LIKE SMACKING SOME OF THESE PEOPLE BUT , MY MATURITY TAUGHT ME THAT LIFE IS JUST A MERE JOKE, ANYHOW IT COMES I LAUGH AT IT LIKE THAT ,

PS. I AM STILL WRITING ICAN TOO, AND I HATE ICAN LIKE MAD NOW , COS MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUPID CREDENTIALS IN NIGERIA ,

WITH ALL MY QUALIFICATIONS , THIS GOVT DOESNT FINK I SHOULD BE PROVIDED WITH A JOB , THATS WHY TRUE LOVE IS NOW LOST, IMAGINE IF LIFE WASNT LIKE THIS
Re: Accommodation Problem by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2007
@bolajibaok
Nobody deserves a job. It's up to you to make yourself useful to society.
I only blame the government for feeding the myth that all one needs is a job.

@all:
Somebody help this guy. If you have a spare room in your house, please help!

@james:
Such things often happen at this stage of life; you need support from friends.
Re: Accommodation Problem by krisbobo(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Seun

while I agree that we have misplaced priorities concerning job expectations. But as much as it is everyone's business to do something, there'sstill a part Govt must play to provide an enabling environment, if not whhat are they there for?!

also blame our educational system thats structured to produce graduates who's mindset is focused on getting a job.

@james

You dont need 180k for one room at the places you mentioned

Better still go to areas like ogba where you will get a better deal.
Wish you all the best and pray God sees you through this period. Remember: This Too Shall Pass.
Re: Accommodation Problem by Seun(m): 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
Yeah, he should not need 180k for a room and parlour.
I think it's normal all over the world for young people to share the rent burden with roommates.
Re: Accommodation Problem by Bhola(f): 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2007
If your story is true (believe me, I know enough people in Lagos to verify your story, even your ICAN status), send me a mail at *****@yahoo.com. I might be able to help.
Re: Accommodation Problem by IdeyVex1(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2007
@ Poster

I feel for you. I wish I could help but the people I know in Lagos are struggling as well.
But I will tow the line of some of the posters. Look for cheaper accomodation or share with a friend.
Taking a bank loan (That is if they will even give you) is not a good idea.
The bank is not your friend. They only offer loans when they see that you have a secure income.
I know banks begging an uncle of mine to take a 60m loan but they refuse somebody else a 500k loan. Hope you get what I mean.
Could you please leave your phone Number. I will make some calls to some friends in Lagos and get back to you. Let's see what can be done.
Best of luck in your endeavours
Re: Accommodation Problem by onmyown(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2007
Hi,

I was hoping your location is Abuja where I currently live and I think I could have put you up for a defined period of time (which I have done now and then). Cant help but feel for you as I came into Abuja 7years ago with no place to lay my head for a while so I know what you are passing through.

As advised by one or two people, you should start from somewhere cheaper and move up the ladder. I do admire your guts though.
Re: Accommodation Problem by emelumgini(f): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2007
Jame i fell for, but i think if ur company can give u this loan u re talking about it will be better. then they will be removing it small, small from ur salary.
Re: Accommodation Problem by 9star(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2007
nairaland don turn a place were pple go come dey announce dia problem abi?no no get problem?
if i narrate my problem here am sure james will shut his mouthup.
instead of wallowing in self pity james u go get serious and solve ur problem like any man shld.
Guess here me goes!!!
Re: Accommodation Problem by uncleb(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2007
9star,

this is a forum , and i bliv its all about idea and solution, so dont castigate anybody for seeking help or assistance as long as he /she is sincere.

Bhola u are great, God will bless u in return

James God will see u through, i wish u succes in ur PE2,
may u sail thru to final, and i release anointing of passing at 1st attempt to you.
Re: Accommodation Problem by milkyway: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2007
hi guys,just joined this forum,posted a new topic ,but cant find it anywhere sad.can u guys help please.am confused.guess am not doing it rite.thanks for ur anticipated help
Re: Accommodation Problem by uncleb(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2007
james,  

to me there is no problem in taking loan, as long as u hav a sure source of repayment.

as an accountant, taking loan is no big deal as long as i can judiciouslu use it

think of it u will be more comfortable and this can accellerate ur succes in ur prof exam and enhance ur chances for better job. so if a bank is willing to give u at a moderate interst rate, and the monthly repayment wont affect ur survival cool

but like others have said 180k is too much for a self contain acc alone except there are other inv to go to
Re: Accommodation Problem by 9star(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2007
uncleb:

9star,

this is a forum , and i bliv its all about idea and solution, so don't castigate anybody for seeking help or assistance as long as he /she is sincere.

The problem with nigerians is dat we are to emotional.
u dont even know if dis guy is sincere but cus of sentiment ur all showing hw pathetic his problem is.
Like u said dis is a forum to discuss issues like sports,romance,music,celebrities,technology,education etc not a place to come tell us about ur personal wahala.
if u watch oprah or tyra u will get to knw pple especially nigerians disguise to defraud pple.
Pls james stop posting tins like dis here.am sure u hv got friends and family members dat u can call on fone to ask for dia advice.
seun pls close dis gist.
Re: Accommodation Problem by 9star(m): 9:52am On Nov 30, 2007
The problem with nigerians is that we are to emotional.
u don't even know if this guy is sincere but cus of sentiment your all showing hw pathetic his problem is.
Like u said this is a forum to discuss issues like sports,romance,music,celebrities,technology,education etc not a place to come tell us about your personal wahala.
if u watch oprah or tyra u will get to knw people especially nigerians disguise to defraud people.
Please james stop posting tins like this here.am sure u hv got friends and family members that u can call on phone to ask for dia advice.
seun please close this gist.
Re: Accommodation Problem by uchetobi(f): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2007
instead of being homeless I think the idea of getting a loan is a sound one. Thank God we are in an era of credit chasing you, once you have a regular job and pay check, overdraft and credit facilities are at ur beck and call, so embrace it brother, gd luck
Re: Accommodation Problem by milkyway: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2007
helllllllllllllllllllllo please help just joined the forum,posted a topic but cant c it why??guess am not going about it the rite way.please show mi how cry
Re: Accommodation Problem by romeo(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2007
Why do you need a loan at just 2 months of work? or even 1 year working you still don't need a loan. Look for an apartment to share, or a very cheap location until you stand well as a man, people plan according to their income and you did not mention your income in the first place.

Learn to save money for the future and don't let that "gra gra for nothing wey we Dey do for naija catch you", wear your coat according to your size and my people said that "a short man hangs his bag were his hand reached". A word is enough for the wise
Re: Accommodation Problem by uchetobi(f): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=97501.msg1730041#msg1730041

@ Milkyway that is ur Topic, on top of the Page u will see YOUR POST, incase of next time click on it, den u’l see the topics u’v contributed to or started, Welcome to nairaland
Re: Accommodation Problem by romeo(m): 10:34am On Nov 30, 2007
milkyway:

helllllllllllllllllllllo please help just joined the forum,posted a topic but can't c it why??guess am not going about it the rite way.please show mi how cry

The link to your thread dear: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=97501.msg1730041#msg1730041
Re: Accommodation Problem by PapaBrowne(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2007
uuuh! Nairalanders! Wonderful People!!
Re: Accommodation Problem by uncleb(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2007
james,  

to me there is no problem in taking loan, as long as u hav a sure source of repayment.

as an accountant, taking loan is no big deal as long as i can judiciouslu use it

think of it u will be more comfortable and this can accellerate ur succes in ur prof exam and enhance ur chances for better job. so if a bank is willing to give u at a moderate interst rate, and the monthly repayment wont affect ur survival cool

but like others have said 180k is too much for a self contain acc alone except there are other inv to go to

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Bed-sheets And Duvets For Sale In Beautiful Designs Too, They Are 100% / Facing Express 30plots for 20M along Lekki Free Trade Zone,Dry and Gazetted / Luxury Apartments for Sale!! (The Pearl Residence )…..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.