Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? (28831 Views)

My Land Is 60 X 75: Let's Build This Together (location Is Inyana Ipaja- Lagos) / Buy My Land In Kuje Abuja@ngn800k Now! / Somebody Is Claiming My Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by babadee(m): 2:12am On Dec 02, 2007
get some mend boys to kidnap some shell drilling staff and have them do the testing for you!
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by wisyno(m): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2007
I  want to thank everyone who gave their advice here, both the serious ones and the naughty ones. To those dream killaz out there, I want to tell you to keep your mouth shut if you don't  have useful advice to give & all you jokers out there please don't take every thing in life as a joke or else your life will become one huge joke. When the Wright brothers first had the dream to invent the aeroplane,  people almost killed their dream saying the airspace is for the birds & man has no business there. When  Asu Ekiye wanted to sing the songs in his first album, a friend told him that  '' o boy this modern day na you wan go sing traditional music? dem go pour you kolo oooo'' But today He is a big boy with several international awards. Have you ever heard of  dogged determination'  that is what I have. I believe my dreams don't have to make sense to every body.  When I succeed, I will surely share my testimony here or maybe you guys will read my story in a national newspaper or magazine or better still watch me tell the story on T V.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by wisyno(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2007
I  want to thank everyone who gave their advice here, both the serious ones and the naughty ones. To those dream killaz out there, I want to tell you to keep your mouth shut if you don't  have useful advice to give & all you jokers out there please don't take every thing in life as a joke or else your life will become one huge joke. When the Wright brothers first had the dream to invent the aeroplane,  people almost killed their dream saying the airspace is for the birds & man has no business there. When  Asu Ekiye wanted to sing the songs in his first album, a friend told him that  '' o boy this modern day na you wan go sing traditional music? them go pour you kolo oooo'' But today He is a big boy with several international awards. Have you ever heard of  dogged determination'  that is what I have. I believe my dreams don't have to make sense to every body.  When I succeed, I will surely share my testimony here or maybe you guys will read my story in a national newspaper or magazine or better still watch me tell the story on T V.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by seun001(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2007
wisyno:

When I succeed, I will surely share my testimony here or maybe you guys will read my story in a national newspaper or magazine or better still watch me tell the story on T V.

hmmmmm!make sure its CNN u grant interviews oooo!i will definately stay tuned.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by question(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2007
CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA -1999
Chapter IV
Fundamental Rights

44. (1) No moveable property or any interest in an immovable property shall be taken possession of compulsorily and no right over or interest in any such property shall be acquired compulsorily in any part of Nigeria except in the manner and for the purposes prescribed by a law that, among other things -

(a) requires the prompt payment of compensation therefore and

(b) gives to any person claiming such compensation a right of access for the determination of his interest in the property and the amount of compensation to a court of law or tribunal or body having jurisdiction in that part of Nigeria.

(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall be construed as affecting any general law.

(a) for the imposition or enforcement of any tax, rate or duty;

(b) for the imposition of penalties or forfeiture for breach of any law, whether under civil process or after conviction for an offence;

(c) relating to leases, tenancies, mortgages, charges, bills of sale or any other rights or obligations arising out of contracts.

(d) relating to the vesting and administration of property of persons adjudged or otherwise declared bankrupt or insolvent, of persons of unsound mind or deceased persons, and of corporate or unincorporate bodies in the course of being wound-up;

(e) relating to the execution of judgements or orders of court;

(f) providing for the taking of possession of property that is in a dangerous state or is injurious to the health of human beings, plants or animals;

(g) relating to enemy property;

(h) relating to trusts and trustees;

(i) relating to limitation of actions;

(j) relating to property vested in bodies corporate directly established by any law in force in Nigeria;

(k) relating to the temporary taking of possession of property for the purpose of any examination, investigation or enquiry;

(l) providing for the carrying out of work on land for the purpose of soil-conservation; or

(m) subject to prompt payment of compensation for damage to buildings, economic trees or crops, providing for any authority or person to enter, survey or dig any land, or to lay, install or erect poles, cables, wires, pipes, or other conductors or structures on any land, in order to provide or maintain the supply or distribution of energy, fuel, water, sewage, telecommunication services or other public facilities or public utilities.

(3) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, the entire property in and control of all minerals, mineral oils and natural gas in under or upon any land in Nigeria or in, under or upon the territorial waters and the Exclusive Economic Zone of Nigeria shall vest in the Government of the Federation and shall be managed in such manner as may be prescribed by the National Assembly
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by debomb: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2007
But thats not fair the law needs to be changed!!!! much as i dont see this happening, i want to believe the poster,

@ poster!

I believe you and like your determination, you might be very correct just that you might not live to see this dream come true and even if the government takes over the land, atleast you die knowing you where right afterall, i dont know nothing about soil testing, i think u can take a sample of the soil to an oil company or something, they could test that to see the potentials?, u never know, keep ur dream alive!
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2007
where do we meet so we can talk about that in person?? grin grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by debomb: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
very funny!
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Millena(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
Bros wisyno[b][/b] U don test the land? U never find oil?
I dey feel U oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by g7x: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
Your case reminds me of a story I use to know while in primary school. A father died leaving only a piece of land for his surving children. He appered to one of them in dream and told them that underneath that vast piece of estate lie great wealth which they will find upon digging it. The children thus set set and dug the whole expanse of land looking for the riches that were hidden beneath it. They dug every acre of the land and couldn't find any treasure hidden under by their father nor any precious mineral wealth. They were frustrated and angry. When an old man passing by learnt of their fate, he advised them to plant seeds in the ploughed earth. They heeded his advice and a year later got a bountiful harvest from the land. You too can learn from the moral of this story.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Fandango26: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
@OP

I have the info you need. It's not too late.

I can vouch for you that if you take the steps needed you will extract the oil you find.

Selling it is another set of processes.

All you need is a viable lawyer who would help you wrest the hand possession off the govt.

Call us on 09022484146.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help On The Type Of Ceiling Board To Use / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / Gully Erosion Sacks Residents Of Sango-Ota Ogun State (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.