Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

The PACKAGE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The PACKAGE (15800 Views)

The Package [crime Action Thriller] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Looking at the watch on his wrist he couldn't make out the time exactly, the darkness inside his car wasn't helping him, so he turns his gaze to the digital clock on the dash board of his honda civic it reads 10;05pm.

He immediately returned his gaze to the road where the light from his headlamp is winning the siege over the darkness before him, making the road path come to life. he takes another glance at the rear view mirror for the hunderth time, scanning the road behind him,making sure he wasn't been followed,he had been driving for thirty minutes now, in what appear to be a zigzag movement just to be sure he wasn't followed or leaving a traceable trail beside him.

His mouth assuming a 'u' shape as he smiles to himself,for having done the secret agent act he had seen in one of the James bond movies or Jason staham movies, he wasn't sure which one.

However he was satisfied with his performance,
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
one more turn then he will be heading straight to the meeting place. He had to check his phone message to be sure he got the address right,as he slows the car to a turn to the next exit, he feels his pocket with his right hand, steering the car around the turn with his left,his hand made-out the shape of his phone,he brings out his phone,and slide it with swiftness that only comes from one's familiarization with an object.

Unlocking the message icon on his blackberry bold 2 phone, and scrolled down two steps where the name Garba is written,he opens it and there it was,the very message that had gotten him driving at this time of the night like some secret agent of CIA.

"meet me to-nite at larang foods by 10;30,
the final piece is ready,come alone &
make sure u re not followed"
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
continue in a bit
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
He has a lot of question to ask Garba,rather he was asking himself why Garba had request the extra-measure in the message he sent?

He knew Garba had been a little jumpy of late but Garba has never been one for jokes.

whatever the reason was,the answer lies in the package which he hoped to gain possesion of tonight, as for now Garba has the whole ace, it's his game and his rules, and him John has to play by it, beside it had been Garba who had contacted him,it was only after several secret meetings had he gained Garba's trust,though he was getting uninterested and about to call off the correspondence since Garba had not been forth coming with what ever he had.

when suddenly Garba had shared his finding,a secret, so powerful as to bring the whole country to it knees, though he had tried to believe Garba's story. but in his line of work need verification,he had asked Garba to provide him with Names and proof to back his story, to which Garba replied john ode, all your question will be answer once i gives you the package. he tries hard not to think about what the package was but find that to be a ginormous task..

The sign post above read 'Abu street', he signs as he is now in the street that house larang foods,he checks the clock to make sure he is right on time,the clock read 10:26,he found an empty space big enough for his car,so he immediately opt to park his car there,as he navigate the car to a stop, from inside the car he could see the street was scanty but that was expected because not even the crazy fun seekers would gamble there lives after these recent bomb attacks in the state and promise of bloodier attacks by the albab terrorist group, he braced himself up for his meeting.

He was getting out of his car,when he noticed a figure walking into the larang food store,he steadys his gaze to adjust to the darkness since he had turned off his headlamp,he could now make-out the figure of a man wearing a suit now, he decides to wait,not wanting Garba to think he had disobeyed his instruction to come alone.

Knowing the store was closed for business at that hour, john assumes the man to probably be one of those over-time office workers who lost track of time in there office duties and just wanted something edible for the road,before heading home.but the sight of two other figure crawling out of the darkness and heading directly into the same building as the man he had seen earlier told him something was wrong.his thought ran straight to Garba!,he had to call him...he reached for his phone and dials Garba's number,.....ring.....ring......
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
he has alot of question to ask Garba,rather he was asking himself why Garba had request the extra-measure in the message he sent? He knew Garba had been a little jumpy of late but Garba has never been one for jokes.whatever the reason was,the answer lies in the package which he hoped to gain possesion of tonight, as for now Garba has the whole ace, it's his game and his rules, and him John has to play by it, beside it had been Garba who had contacted him,it was only after several secret meetings had he gained Garba's trust,though he was getting uninterested and about to call off the correspondence since Garba had not been forth coming with what ever he had. when suddenly Garba had shared his finding,a secret, so powerful as to bring the whole country to it knees,
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
though he had tried to believe Garba's story. but in his line of work he need verification,he had asked Garba to provide him with Names and proof to back his story, to which Garba replied john ode, all your question will be answer once i gives you the package. he tries hard not to think about what the package was but find that to be a ginomous task..the sign post above read 'Abu street', he signs as he is now in the street that house larang foods,he checks the clock to make sure he is right on time,the clock read 10:26,he found an empty space big enough for his car,so he immedaitly opt to park his car there,as he navigate the car to a stop, from inside the car he could see the street was scanty but that was expected because not even the cra.z.y fun seekers would gamble their lives after these recent bo.m.b attacks in the state and promise of bloodier attacks by the albab terrorist group, he brace himself up for his meeting,he was getting out of his car,when he noticed a figure walking into the larang food store,
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
Apart from a few conspicuous errors in the punctuations, spellings and grammar; the story is a great literary work. The suspense is quite impressive, the plot is thick. It sweeps an impressive tide of creativity. Kudos.
I hope we work together sometimes in the future.
Sun.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 6:28am On Jun 26, 2012
Larry-Sun:
Apart from a few conspicuous errors in the punctuations, spellings and grammar; the story is a great literary work. The suspense is quite impressive, the plot is thick. It sweeps an impressive tide of creativity. Kudos.
I hope we work together sometimes in the future.
Sun.
thanks larry sun,
i will try to minimise the errors,
i will be looking forward to working with u..
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2012
he steadys his gaze to adjust to the darkness since he had turned off his headlamp, he could now make-out the figure of a man wearing a suit now, he decides to wait, not wanting Garba to think he had disobeyed his instruction to come alone. knowing the store was closed for business at that hour, john assumes the man to probably be one of those over-time office workers who lost track of time in there office duties and just wanted something edible for the road,before heading home. But the sight of two other figure crawling out of the darkness and heading directly into the same building as the man he had seen earlier told him something was amiss. his thought ran straight to Garba!,he had to call him...he reaches for his phone and dials Garba's number .....ring ....ring......ring.....
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2012
he found an empty space big enough for his car,so he immedaitly opt to park there,as he navigate the car to a stop, from inside he could see the street was scanty but that was expected because not even the cra.z.y fun seekers would gamble their lives after these recent bo.m.b attacks in the state and promise of bloodier attacks by the albab terrorist group, he brace himself up for his meeting,he was getting out of his car,when he noticed a figure walking into the larang food store,he steadys his gaze to adjust to the darkness since he had turned off his headlamp,he could now make-out the figure of a man wearing a suit now,
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2012
I like your sense of descriptions.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
he found an empty space big enough for his car,so he immedaitly opt to park there,as he navigate the car to a stop, from inside he could see the street was scanty but that was expected because not even the cra.z.y fun seekers would gamble their lives after these recent bo.m.b attacks in the state and promise of bloodier attacks by the albab terrorist group, he brace himself up for his meeting,he was getting out of his car,when he noticed a figure walking into the larang food store.he steadys his gaze,as his sight adjust to the darkness, since his car headlamp had been turn off,he could now make-out the figure of a man wearing a suit now, he decides to wait,not wanting Garba to think he had disobeyed his instruction to come alone.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
he found an empty space big enough for his car,so he immedaitly opt to park his car there,as he navigate the car to a stop, from inside the car he could see the street was scanty but that was expected because not even the cra.z.y fun seekers would gamble their lives after these recent bo.m.b attacks in the state and promise of bloodier attacks by the albab terrorist group, he brace himself up for his meeting.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2012
i have been trying to update, but all my post are coming out as hidden,i dont know what is wrong.
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
st.okolie:
i have been trying to update, but all my post are coming out as hidden,i dont know what is wrong.

I've been worried about that, too...sorry, nice hearing from you once again.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
thank larry-sun.
u really encouraged me, so this next post is dedicated to u... wink
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
brb
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
You're a wonderful writer, do you know that. Your story is getting more intriguing every step of the way.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
Larry-Sun:
You're a wonderful writer, do you know that. Your story is getting more intriguing every step of the way.
thanks,i feel flattered...
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
the only sound in the room was coming from his footsteps, as Ali paces around the room,although he had not had much sleep in the past 48 hours. Still sleep eludes him, he stares at his nokia phone on the bed,like it was capable of teleporting an object. his sources had told him the boys where efficient,raliable and capable like anyone could garanttee anything in this line of business he thought, he had no doubt if they have the stomach it take to kill, but still he can't shake off this bad feeling, he wished he could have done this himself. He attempt stabilising his heartbeat which is on a mind of it own. As he Walks pass the mirror on the wardrobe door,his reflection staltles him, on a closer look,he could bearly recognise the handsome face of Ali Kabiru, the very face most ladies he had come in-contact with had always fancied. his usually dark ebony complextion now reflect a colour somewhere between the product of a brown- black mixture,and an outright black. He stares at the stoned face,deviod of smile,filled with wrinkles lines on the forehead like wave in the ocean.and wonder if it was his. He quickly shakes of those thought,he had no time for such petty assesment not when there are weighter matter at hand. He couldn't help his thought as it strays on Garba, who is the reason he is in this cheap hotel in this part of town,the reason why he hadn't sleep in peace for two weeks, if there is anything he felt for him about what will become of him is any-other emotion but pity and remorse.infact to him Garba deserve death. He still cannot tell exactly how Garba gained possesion of the package, but if things works out as planned,then he would never know. Although Garba had been among the promising young men in his firm,he had hoped Garba to rise to a managerian position someday, due to his drive as an individual, but all those hope had turn to a death sentence following the disappearance of his package and subsequent knowledge of Garba's possesion of it.

Re: The PACKAGE by Cuddlemii: 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
st.okolie:

Sorry about that, it was the spambot. I have made it visible again.
You can try reviewing or arranging your post again to avoid repetition.

Nice thrilling story by the way!
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 4:30am On Jul 07, 2012
There are talented Nigerians at large, and you're one of them.
Every storyline ends with a suspense. That's a sure way of pulling a large crowd. I'm a fan already.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2012
sorry pals i mistakely post the story in the wrong sequence of my plot..... but i have modified the last post,
pls bear with me...

Cuddlemii:

Sorry about that, it was the spambot. I have made it visible again.
You can try reviewing or arranging your post again to avoid repetition.

Nice thrilling story by the way!
thanks,

Larry-Sun:
There are talented Nigerians at large, and you're one of them.
Every storyline ends with a suspense. That's a sure way of pulling a large crowd. I'm a fan already.

i really dont know what to say, from one bro to another, thanks,it good to know u re among the talented Nigerians too, saw ur story,what a creative peice u got there. am still waiting for its continuation.. wink
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2012
inside the larang food store. Garba, sitting on one of the dining set in the store. trys to stablise his heartbeat, gosh how that seem imposible, his eyes absently staring at the manila envelope beside his chair. He wished his brain could be formated for it seem it processing information like an overloaded computer system in dire need of a reboot. being here in the empty food store made him uneasy even the more, he wish he were some place else, doing just about any other thing than waiting to meet john. But he feel the urge to do the right thing, at least for Yusuf, he owes him that much, 'doing the right thing'. He stole a glance behind him,the sight of the security man sitting at the end of the counter used in servicing customers during business hour of the store, did little to give him assurance, he had been jumpy all day,he had sudden become suspicious of every stared at him. it felt like someone had been watching him. His suspicion had inform his decision to meet john here, he had wanted some form of security, he remember his encounter with the security man earlier when he had ask him for the favour of meeting someone here even after the store was closed for buisness, to which the elderly looking man, had said, kie, i no sure say e go fit dey poo-ssible in his thick hausa accent.he had persuaded and eventually promised him some cash for his trouble, he was elevated when the baba had agree but demanded for the cash before his meeting, the cash wasn't his problem,he would gladly part with it, just to knw the security man was behind, he was jolted out of his thought by the sound at the entrance door,he stares as a man walk in and headed toward his direction,
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2012
the man getting close to Garba's table asked, 'please do they still have food?' No,they ve closed for the day..came Garba's reply,
the sudden cracking sound at the door precedes the appearance of two figure as they barge into the store. the security man sencing trouble got up from behind in the inner side of the store where he had been sitting, just then Garba's phone rings, one of the two men who had just barged in brought out a dark looking object,which he points at the security guard, Garba recognising the object to be a gun opens his mouth in an attempt to say something to the guard,but before he could say a word, 'BANG!!! the loud sound from the gun silenced the room, just as the security man goes down in crashing sound, thick red liquid oozes out from the guard's forehead where the bullet had hit, The other fellow now pointing his gun at the stranger who had just walked in, BANG!!! Came another deafen sound, as the stranger who had just accosted Garba,falls on the tiled floor of larang food store shaking violently as he strugles with death, Garba looking now at his assilants unable to move as the blood,deafen sound had combine with his shock to numb his every nerve.as the guns were now aimed at him.

1 Like

Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
The guns now aimed at him, his thought flash around John, and the package.BANG!! Came the sound, he hits the ground, placing his hand on the fresh openng in his chest, he could feel the warm thick liquid pouring out of his chest, his vision was blury he was drifting.....
One of the men reaching to the ground and picks up the manila envelope, as the other searched the lifeless bodys whose blood was now flowing in a chart along the square tile tracing every interlog of tile, finding no other object of significant on their victim, they exited the store. Their order were to retrieve the package on Garba and kill him and whoever he was meeting. They mount the motocycle they had parked outside in the dark,there job here is done,with the engine rolling they fled the scene,
Garba was dying,he knew he wouldn't last long before anyone get here,but even in death, he feels the stronger urge to do the right thing ,although born more out of vegence and revenge now than of the latter,but he would never get the chance to argue that to a logical conclusion. he must now attempt to pass his secret across, with his hand which he had placed on the his chest to cub the bleeding, he struggles to write on the tiled floor using his spilled blood, he drifts into unconcouisness,his last wish is that John finds his last writting, and understand it meaning .
Re: The PACKAGE by Hoyeenz(f): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
Thrilling story, kip t up dearie!

1 Like

Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hoyeenz: Thrilling story, kip t up dearie!
thanks alot...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

16+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.