Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA (12204 Views)

Rtd Col Hameed Alli Appointed New EFCC Boss / The New NSA, Boko Haram And The Release Of Boko Haram Co-founder "Tishau" / Photo Of New NSA Babagana Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by abubaka101: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
The new National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Mohammed Dasuki, comes from the royal family of Sokoto: He is the son of the former Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ahmed Dasuki, who was deposed by the military regime of the late Gen. Sani Abacha.

Believed to be close to former dictator Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, Abacha dismissed Dasuki and some military officers in 1993. Dasuki’s closeness to Babangida was said to have come about from the fact that he was once the dictator’s ADC, and he was actively involved in the 1985 coup that brought Babangida to power.

Dasuki later fled to the United States in 1995 after he was accused by the Abacha regime of being a party to a coup plot allegedly led by retired Col. Lawan Gwadabe.

On his return, former President Olusegun Obasanjo appointed him as the managing director of the National Security and Printing Company at the behest of Babangida

A director of Regency Alliance, an insurance company, Dasuki attended the Washington DC and George Washington University, where he obtained a BA in International Relations and MA in Security Policy Studies respectively.

He had his military training in several institutions in Nigeria and abroad including the Nigerian Army School of Artillery, Oklahoma, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth Kensas.

His major task is to arrest the Boko Haram insurgency, which is threatening to spread into other parts of the country, apart from the North.

He will also be expected to tackle militancy in the South-South, where Nigeria derives its main source of revenue.

http://www.punchng.com/news/the-man-dasuki/
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by declem(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2012
Na wa ooo!! May b d guy wil do smtin better....
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Korrection(m): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2012
What a confusing profile....arrest Boko Haram and deal with the unrest in the south south...GEJ just employed the services of someone that will eventually push him away..lets watch as the events unfold.....

3 Likes

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by begwong: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2012
i think we may breathe fresh air if he can arrest/execute abu qaqa,abubakar shekau et'al
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by maigaskiya1: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2012
abubaka101:

http://www.punchng.com/news/the-man-dasuki/
frm fryng pan 2 fire

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Lilprocess(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2012
Eyya woo GEJ don call water"he com go appoint 1 of d babangida boys
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by zumarock8(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2012
is he a muslim or not? The ans determind wethere he will fight boko haram or not
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by adoniza(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2012
I sense the former dictator, Babangida is very much a strong figure in GEJ's government
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by naptu2: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2012
He is outspoken and is not afraid to voice his opinions. For this reason, he has been exiled twice. The first time he was sent on "protective exile" when he angered Maryam Babangida (UK Bello took over as ADC). The second time, he angered Sani Abacha and had to escape from the country.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by BabaO2: 9:59am On Jun 25, 2012
adoniza: I sense the former dictator, Babangida is very much a strong figure in GEJ's government
Are you a Nigerian ?, what a memory you have?. Have you forgotten so quick that GEJ addresses IBB as daddy?
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by omenziate(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2012
If he catch abu qaqa and shekau, make I lay egg. Na dem pple jare. Aboki too like demselves, moreva,fanatical religion too bind dem sef.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by nkemKalu: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2012
Hahahahah......I dey laugh.....confused President with a confused appoinment. What was wrong with AZAZI (the Presidents compatriot of BAYELSA EXTRACTION?) AZAZI told the man (PRESIDENT) the bitter truth...FULL STOP. "PDP is BOKO HARAM and BOKO HARAM IS PDP" The problem of BOKO HARAM is beyond the appointment of DASUKI. It is beyond AZAZI or even the appointment of another security adviser. May be what the PRESIDENT NEEDS TO DO IS TO FIRE HIMSELF.....then we can see if we can have peace. FRom the look of things, he is the BIGGEST initiator of BOKO HARAM. HENRY OKAR said that much in south AFrica, BAMANGAR TURKUR>>>(PDP CHAIR and the PRESIDENTS right hand man called them FREEDOM FIGHTERS) Senator NDUME said the VP is aware of his activities with BOKO. The President once told us that BOKO is in his government and he will soon name the sponsors. Till date we are still waiting. I strongly believe this BOKO thing is another ABACHA bombings which was always blamed on NADECO until after the death of the DICTATOR before we started noticing his killer squad. Has the PRESIDENT not changed the Inspector General of POLICE with the same charge he is giving to BELLO now? Has he not said he will end BOKO HARAM in JUNE? What tangible results are we getting?

7 Likes

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by ichidodo: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2012
when i was a lil boy, dazuki was a name as prominent as ibb,abacha,mko etc. D guy is old school wit a nononsense mentality. Gej just got a round peg about a round hole. Now let us commence d second missionary journey.

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Azumy(f): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2012
mai gaskiya: frm fryng pan 2 fire
haka ne!
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Almaiga: 10:19am On Jun 25, 2012
The appointment of Dasuki would not change anything if, the president is not ready to take the bull by the horn by arresting and procecuting the sponsors. The NSA is only there to advise the president while the president is expected to implement such advice.

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Beaf1: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2012
omenziate: If he catch abu qaqa and shekau, make I lay egg. Na dem pple jare. Aboki too like demselves, moreva,fanatical religion too bind dem sef.

Which one? Lizard, Snake or Chicken Egg?
Be ready...
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by azimibraun: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2012
Babangida is like my father and i consult him most of the time.. GEJ 2011.

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by ckkris: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2012
1. Very bizarre appointment.
2. Also bizarre was appointing the present IGP, who was officially indicted by Justice Niki Toby, for supporting moslems in Jos against the Christians.
3. Another born to rule is right now Jona's PRIVATE SECRETARY.
4. These born to rule Fulani, historically believe in palace coups, from 1803 when their founder murdered and overthrew the Hausa King of Gobir, and other Hausa kings.
5. The same palace coup overthrew Gen Afonja at Ilorin.
6. Fast forward to 1983 and 1985. Both palace coups brought up this very Lt Col Sambo Dasuki.
7. Hold your breath! As Jona refuse to learn from history, Gen Adekampe posted Dasuki to where EFCC kept an eye on him. Remember Gen Ironside was naively ASSUMING ONE Nigeria, and appointed Captain Theo Danjuma as HIS Chief Security. history, History, HISTORYYYYYY

3 Likes

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2012
nkem Kalu: [b]Hahahahah......I dey laugh.....confused President with a confused appoinment. What was wrong with AZAZI (the Presidents compatriot of BAYELSA EXTRACTION?) AZAZI told the man (PRESIDENT) the bitter truth...FULL STOP. "PDP is BOKO HARAM and BOKO HARAM IS PDP" The problem of BOKO HARAM is beyond the appointment of DASUKI. It is beyond AZAZI or even the appointment of another security adviser. May be what the PRESIDENT NEEDS TO DO IS TO FIRE HIMSELF.....then we can see if we can have peace. FRom the look of things, he is the BIGGEST initiator of BOKO HARAM. HENRY OKAR said that much in south AFrica, BAMANGAR TURKUR>>>(PDP CHAIR and the PRESIDENTS right hand man called them FREEDOM FIGHTERS) Senator NDUME said the VP is aware of his activities with BOKO. The President once told us that BOKO is in his government and he will soon name the sponsors. Till date we are still waiting. I strongly believe this BOKO thing is another ABACHA bombings which was always blamed on NADECO until after the death of the DICTATOR before we started noticing his killer squad. Has the PRESIDENT not changed the Inspector General of POLICE with the same charge he is giving to BELLO now? Has he not said he will end BOKO HARAM in JUNE? What tangible results are we getting?[/b]
God bless U sir.

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2012
adoniza: I sense the former dictator, Babangida is very much a strong figure in GEJ's government

have u forgotten that he is the retarden's father. Ebele said so himself

@Post.

I wish him well and success in his task. My concerns though is if he will have the full support and cooperation of the top military brass.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Biggyd2: 11:37am On Jun 25, 2012
Walahi, if BH suddenly stops their attack, we go happi well well. But won't it be a confirmation (if it does happen) that the Northern elites do know more than they are telling us about BH. Won't we be right to infer that this is a political appointment to compensate some people? Since he his one of Uncle's Jonah's tactic to cure the scourge of BH, I guess we have to wait and see abi?
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by dayo23(f): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2012
nkem Kalu: Hahahahah......I dey laugh.....confused President with a confused appoinment. What was wrong with AZAZI (the Presidents compatriot of BAYELSA EXTRACTION?) AZAZI told the man (PRESIDENT) the bitter truth...FULL STOP. "PDP is BOKO HARAM and BOKO HARAM IS PDP" The problem of BOKO HARAM is beyond the appointment of DASUKI. It is beyond AZAZI or even the appointment of another security adviser. May be what the PRESIDENT NEEDS TO DO IS TO FIRE HIMSELF.....then we can see if we can have peace. FRom the look of things, he is the BIGGEST initiator of BOKO HARAM. HENRY OKAR said that much in south AFrica, BAMANGAR TURKUR>>>(PDP CHAIR and the PRESIDENTS right hand man called them FREEDOM FIGHTERS) Senator NDUME said the VP is aware of his activities with BOKO. The President once told us that BOKO is in his government and he will soon name the sponsors. Till date we are still waiting. I strongly believe this BOKO thing is another ABACHA bombings which was always blamed on NADECO until after the death of the DICTATOR before we started noticing his killer squad. Has the PRESIDENT not changed the Inspector General of POLICE with the same charge he is giving to BELLO now? Has he not said he will end BOKO HARAM in JUNE? What tangible results are we getting?
On Point!!!..... U deserve 2 bottle of beer.

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by akpanbaba: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2012
BH+BH=BH raise to power2.That means sending boko haram to catch boko haram means increasing the power of boko haram by way of synergy.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by nagoma(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2012
Watch out Azazi will return as the Defence Minister or at least another uncle of the president from ijaw land.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by hardywaltz(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2012
ckkris: 1. Very bizarre appointment.
2. Also bizarre was appointing the present IGP, who was officially indicted by Justice Niki Toby, for supporting moslems in Jos against the Christians.
3. Another born to rule is right now Jona's PRIVATE SECRETARY.
4. These born to rule Fulani, historically believe in palace coups, from 1803 when their founder murdered and overthrew the Hausa King of Gobir, and other Hausa kings.
5. The same palace coup overthrew Gen Afonja at Ilorin.
6. Fast forward to 1983 and 1985. Both palace coups brought up this very Lt Col Sambo Dasuki.
7. Hold your breath! As Jona refuse to learn from history, Gen Adekampe posted Dasuki to where EFCC kept an eye on him. Remember Gen Ironside was naively ASSUMING ONE Nigeria, and appointed Captain Theo Danjuma as HIS Chief Security. history, History, HISTORYYYYYY
Nice
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2012
Biggyd2: Walahi, if BH suddenly stops their attack, we go happi well well. But won't it be a confirmation (if it does happen) that the Northern elites do know more than they are telling us about BH. Won't we be right to infer that this is a political appointment to compensate some people? Since he his one of Uncle's Jonah's tactic to cure the scourge of BH, I guess we have to wait and see abi?

lets correct a notion here. Evil boko started during Yaradua's tenure and the NSA as at then was Mukthar.
After Mukthar came Gusau again, appointed by the retardeen. Interestinging, his third time.
After Gusau's last adventure then came Azazi before the current Dasuki.
U can now see that the bulk of NSA we have had so far has been from the same north BH is causing serious havoc

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Biggyd2: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2012
begwong: i think we may breathe fresh air if he can arrest/execute abu qaqa,abubakar shekau et'al

He said he is not interested in any BH member dying. It makes him sad when a person dies in any bombing by BH. He actually said we should ask(can't even remember the person now) who will confirm to us that when a person dies when BH attacks THAT HE(GEJ) IS SAD.He will change, re-orientate them and maybe give them the presidential suites in 5star hotels abroad! shocked. I laff in Swahilli
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by MrLee(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2012
I pray God should use him 2 bring peace in d northern part of d country and other parts of d country.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by vanstanzy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
declem: Na wa ooo!! May b d guy wil do smtin better....

Once the system is bad, like it is in Naija. He too will do badly like his predecessors. So dont raise ur hopes.
We keep going in circles in this country.
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by vanstanzy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2012
akpanbaba: BH+BH=BH raise to power2.That means sending boko haram to catch boko haram means increasing the power of boko haram by way of synergy.

U're right friend, but remember IT TAKES A THIEF TO CATCH A THIEF. Also translates to "IT TAKES A RENEGADE BOKO HARAM TO CATCH THE BOKO HARAM".

1 Like

Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
I hope if the man comes up with something evident about the supposed sponsors GEJ will allow due course of trials to follow?
Re: RTD. Col. Mohammed Dasuki - Brief Profile Of The New NSA by vanstanzy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
But why does Jonathan keep addmitting Northerners (Core Northerners) into high portfolios in his administration? He seems not to know how to balance up appointments or doesn't know the meaning of a gang-up.
Am asking this, cos for now the core-north can't really be trusted with their Boko Haram thingy and all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) / Jonathan Visits Onitsha For PDP Rally / An Igbo LETTER To All The Yourbas And Hausa (muslims Who Want GEJ To Go In 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.