Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

1000 Ways To Die - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 1000 Ways To Die (3164 Views)

Today's Episode On 1000 Ways To Die / Sons Of Anarchy Fans. Did Tara Deserve To Die? / Nigerian Movie - 1000 Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2012
I've been an ardent follower of this show. Though the disclaimer says:
WARNING: THE DEATHS POTRAYED IN THIS SHOW ARE REAL AND EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.
THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE IDENTITIES OF THE DECEASED.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRY ANY OF THE ACTIONS DEPICTED.
ELSE U WILL DIE.

I just want people's view on the show. Is it real or just dat the deaths are over-emphasized. Anyway, in my opinion, i think the show's cool especially the end notes after each deaths.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
It's real. Have you ever heard of the Darwin Awards?
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
Nope! Aven't heard of it. Wats it anyway?
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
About people that have died very 'silly' deaths... thought you'd at least google it.

[url]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards[/url]

[url]
http://www.bestnursingmasters.com/darwin-awards/[/url]
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
Oh yeah. Though some of the deaths might be real but the way its been potrayed in the show is kinda exagerrated and i also noticed dat the people it focuses on are either jerks, criminals and bad people.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
candygosh: Oh yeah. Though some of the deaths might be real but the way its been potrayed in the show is kinda exagerrated and i also noticed dat the people it focuses on are either jerks, criminals and bad people.

Hahahaha, true. Most of them really are just idiots! All the deaths and stories are TRUE.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
I saw one where the guy normally burgle houses and steal metals cos he was a scrap dealer. This fateful day, he removed d cylindrical drain cover on d road and went on burgling house. When a cop caught him, he began to run and fortunately for him fell into dat drain. His tongue was slashed and he fell deep.

Another woman wanted 2 celebrate her accomplishment arranged glasses as a fountain. She stood on a chair so she cud pour d champagne and struggled wt the cork b4 it popped right into her eyes. She fell backwards on d fountain and the glasses went ryt into her body til she died. The end note read CHAM-PAINED
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by ProfJYK(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2012
yes you r right about the focus on scumbags makes me wonder of good people don't die funny deaths. they are real though.
wierdest case IMO was d fitness crazed lady that drank bottle water till it killed her, they said it expanded her brain till the pressure popped her dead. another flirtatious lady died cos champagne soaked lethal dye used in Napoleon era Paris to kill sewer rats into her skin.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
Prof JYK: yes you r right about the focus on scumbags makes me wonder of good people don't die funny deaths. they are real though.
wierdest case IMO was d fitness crazed lady that drank bottle water till it killed her, they said it expanded her brain till the pressure popped her dead. another flirtatious lady died cos champagne soaked lethal dye used in Napoleon era Paris to kill sewer rats into her skin.

Lol. I guess they feature more 'scumbags' because they tend to do really silly things that lead to funny deaths. But as you've also noted 'regular' folk do die in odd ways too.
A high school coach was teaching kids how to throw the javelin and the kids were rubbish, he took it, gave a 'good' throw, started bragging about how it's done, was running to retrieve it while looking back and telling the kids off - he impaled himself on his javelin; right through the eye and into his brain. The kids thought his 'cocky' way to go was funny... it was!
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by thewarlord: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
the show is da bomb.my wife loves that show.
one time they had this stupid man who crossed dressed as a hooker with stiletto heels on,
he had his girlfriend handcuff him on his waterbed.
after a round of sex,the girlfriend went to the outer room to have a sniff of coke,and promptly passes out
my main man,having gotten tired of the cuffs starts yelling for the girl to unlock him.
in his throes,the stiletto heels pierce the water bed and he drowns in his own bed.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
Prof JYK: yes you r right about the focus on scumbags makes me wonder of good people don't die funny deaths. they are real though.
wierdest case IMO was d fitness crazed lady that drank bottle water till it killed her, they said it expanded her brain till the pressure popped her dead.
i saw dat one though. She was jogging when she died
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
VillageBoi:

Lol. I guess they feature more 'scumbags' because they tend to do really silly things that lead to funny deaths. But as you've also noted 'regular' folk do die in odd ways too.
A high school coach was teaching kids how to throw the javelin and the kids were rubbish, he took it, gave a 'good' throw, started bragging about how it's done, was running to retrieve it while looking back and telling the kids off - he impaled himself on his javelin; right through the eye and into his brain. The kids thought his 'cocky' way to go was funny... it was!
i didnt see this. But i remembered one like dat where a lady banker conspired with her friend to come rob d bank. The plan was going gud and part of it was; after the robbery, the friend had to lock the lady in d money room and trigger the fire alarm so fire fighters cud come. What they didnt knw was dat, once the alarm went, C02 was pumped into d room. This made d lady suffocate while frnd walked away wt d money.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
thewarlord: the show is da bomb.my wife loves that show.
one time they had this stupid man who crossed dressed as a hooker with stiletto heels on,
he had his girlfriend handcuff him on his waterbed.
after a round of sex,the girlfriend went to the outer room to have a sniff of coke,and promptly passes out
my main man,having gotten tired of the cuffs starts yelling for the girl to unlock him.
in his throes,the stiletto heels pierce the water bed and he drowns in his own bed.
oh my !! Would have loved 2 c dat
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by ProfJYK(m): 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
candygosh:
i saw dat one though. She was jogging when she died

yep, dropped dead between strides.

saw an episode in which a serial shoplifter stole a scarf/muffler, draped it around his neck to give an appearance of "its part of my apparel" only to get strangled when the stolen item got caught in a conveyor. killed by his loot.

crazy funny show well spiced by the drama and humour in the naration.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
Prof JYK:

yep, dropped dead between strides.

saw an episode in which a serial shoplifter stole a scarf/muffler, draped it around his neck to give an appearance of "its part of my apparel" only to get strangled when the stolen item got caught in a conveyor. killed by his loot.

crazy funny show well spiced by the drama and humour in the naration.

now this reminds of a similar one i saw.
An arrogant lady went to a store to shop. She was fond of getting on pple's nerve. This day she wasnt so lucky as she had a muffler on. She was having a disagreement with the manager when the scarf caught a conveyor and she got strangled b4 d conveyor could be stopped.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2012
There was an episode that had a couple of factory workers in a chocolate powder company. They decided, for fun, to go into the store room and have a 'pillow fight' with bags of choc powder. There wasn't any ventilation there and the very fine powder escaping the bags they were ruining clogged up their lungs... both died.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
VillageBoi:
There was an episode that had a couple of factory workers in a chocolate powder company. They decided, for fun, to go into the store room and have a 'pillow fight' with bags of choc powder. There wasn't any ventilation there and the very fine powder escaping the bags they were ruining clogged up their lungs... both died.
pathetic.

Ok i remember seeing one where a man was taking advantage of his househelp by making her do more than her chores.
On this fateful day, he poured gasoline on the carpet and told her to clean up b4 he got back.
Unluckily for him, the girl had dumped the spill into the closet and had forgotten to flush. As usual he returned, making another mess and heading 4 d closet. He lit a cigarette and then threw it into the closet while still sitting on it. GBOOOAH! The explosion came and he was found dead beside d closet.
DE-THRONED
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by rodeo0070(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nice show.
Kinda educative at times but pretty weird...
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Abyjah: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Seems people now mount cameras everywhere to capture all these deaths, or how is this? Real or not?
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
Abyjah: Seems people now mount cameras everywhere to capture all these deaths, or how is this? Real or not?

They are reenactments of the 'actual' events.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Abyjah: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
VillageBoi:

They are reenactments of the 'actual' events.
Thanks mahn, tot some people said it was real.
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by tjskii(f): 6:13am On Jul 27, 2012
Yes its real,they just get peopl to act out weird and funny deaths that actualy happened in real life
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Abyjah: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
tjskii: Yes its real,they just get peopl to act out weird and funny deaths that actualy happened in real life
I see...That makes alot of 'senses'. Isn't it possible that in their bid to make the gruesome deaths more entertaining, their creativity would get in the way of truth? #Justsaying#
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
Abyjah: I see...That makes alot of 'senses'. Isn't it possible that in their bid to make the gruesome deaths more entertaining, their creativity would get in the way of truth? #Justsaying#

We'll have to assume you have not heard of 'The Darwin Awards' then? Oh well.

1 Like

Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Ybutterfly: 1:18am On Jul 28, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^STTTUPPID THREEEAD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by VillageBoi(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ybutterfly: ^^^^^^^^^^STTTUPPID THREEEAD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Really?? Well considering most of the threads you have started!!
Re: 1000 Ways To Die by Murphy7h4: 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Look good

(1) (Reply)

See 7 Things You Should Know About New TSTV Sassy Decoder / The Vampire Diaries Whose Diary Is It Stefan Or Elena Diary / Whats Your Best Anime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.