Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo (10270 Views)

President Buhari Will Be To China By Next Week Monday To Sign A $3.5bn Loan / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Global Franchisers, Consultants Jostle For $3.5bn Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
كلورين:

Dude thanks man..
You were an very important part in my day today.
Thanks.
you were asking how to start your own topic on nairaland, guy from dis your English grammar,i'm begging you in the name of God don't even try it. cos we have plenty imbeciles already in dis nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
This is a great news. Haters should go and die.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
I feel that by 2014, people will be asking GEJ to run for second term and if by then I still find generator in my compounds, I will be the first to recommend re-colonization by Britain, cos if Dr. GEJ cant do it, nobody else can....
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Naijagunner83: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
NNPC GMD, Mr Austin Oniwon is sacked!!!!!!!,!
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Naijagunner83: NNPC GMD, Mr Austin Oniwon is sacked!!!!!!!,!
Yea, that happened 4hrs ago. Things are bound to change....watch out the next couple of months.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Chyvy(f): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Naijagunner83: NNPC GMD, Mr Austin Oniwon is sacked!!!!!!!,!

Naija!!! Na wa oooocheesy...Wonders shall neva end! shocked
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by ichidodo: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
norseman2: Chai! See foolish Nigerians believing wht dey v not seen, wen dey finish sharing †ђξ Money among themselves, relocating dier families abroad , knwin fully we'll dat by 2018 Nigeria would v broken vapart
ehn! na u go break nainja apart. bumkum.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by ayo011: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
Project that will be constructed and commissioned on the pages of newspaper. grin grin

You guys should not rejoice because there not gonna be any such project, its just a jab from shell grin
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ might just succeed in 4 years where Obj spent billions of $$$ for 8 years with nothing to show for it. Too early to be optimistic though. Let's wait and see.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by cjay11: 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thank Gøð
Gøð bless Biafra
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by EPOMA(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
berem: ndi imo kwenu! am so happy to hear this! owelle rochas! chiri gaba! u are indeed a true son of igboland!
Shell is informing the gov wetin they want do and all you can do is hail the wrong person, he did not bring them there ?did he. our attitude towards life is funny
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by EPOMA(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
ayo011: Project that will be constructed and commissioned on the pages of newspaper. grin grin

You guys should not rejoice because there not gonna be any such project, its just a jab from shell grin
True, in Nigeria and especially this GEJ government, it is all paper talk, na so godswill built 12 billion dollar gas plant in akwa ibom in his first year.rubbish, Oyibo no go talk till the day it starts working
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
Richardid: Igbo boys go kidnap d oyibo o.. make una look for another place o

So long u no dey there the oyibos are safe.ode. Abi make they come install am 4 ur parlour.mtweeew
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Mallamabdul: 12:11am On Jun 27, 2012
EPOMA:
True, in Nigeria and especially this GEJ government, it is all paper talk, na so godswill built 12 billion dollar gas plant in akwa ibom in his first year.rubbish, Oyibo no go talk till the day it starts working
pessimists. What is paper talk in it? Shell is not owned by govt, mind you? So Shell owes you no obligation whatsoever to set up a gas plant. If you understand this, you will appreciate that Shell did not just come to play to the gallery in order to impress you. It is not FG's money nor the state govt's money, it is shell money and they can decide not to go ahead with the project. We seek to applaud the FG For rather creating a conducive environment for this investment to come up. The project did not just spring up on its own accord. It was a product of the recent drive of the Ministry to increase electricity tariffs in Nigeria. The strategy of govt is that since gas remains a major challenge to power supply, it will be nice to encourage private sector investments in gas. The private sector insisted that the present tariffs must be reviewed upwards so that they can recover their investments. Tariffs were increased on june1, and today SPDC has come to build power plants in IMO state.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by aljharem(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2012
Mallamabdul: pessimists. What is paper talk in it? Shell is not owned by govt, mind you? So Shell owes you no obligation whatsoever to set up a gas plant. If you understand this, you will appreciate that Shell did not just come to play to the gallery in order to impress you. It is not FG's money nor the state govt's money, it is shell money and they can decide not to go ahead with the project. We seek to applaud the FG For rather creating a conducive environment for this investment to come up. The project did not just spring up on its own accord. It was a product of the recent drive of the Ministry to increase electricity tariffs in Nigeria. The strategy of govt is that since gas remains a major challenge to power supply, it will be nice to encourage private sector investments in gas. The private sector insisted that the present tariffs must be reviewed upwards so that they can recover their investments. Tariffs were increased on june1, and today SPDC has come to build power plants in IMO state.

what part of the north central are you from ? Kogi ko ? Which ethnicity because I observe that you formed your login 5 days ago and also madly pro-GEJ suggesting you are one of the ret.ards on this site.

right or wrong
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by stpat1(m): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2012
Community wey shell enter no dey smile o. Ok o
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by tunapawizzy: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2012
stpat1: Community wey shell enter no dey smile o. Ok o

Tell dem o..shell no care about gas flaring o..dem go just turn una clean imo state to my ugly oyo state. Na money concern shell o...anyways good initiative, hope it won't be a white elephant project...if dem announce d site make I go buy land around dere.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Obiagu1(m): 1:30am On Jun 27, 2012
Good one Shell, at least SE is finally remembered.
It remains the federal government ...
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by igbo2011(m): 1:56am On Jun 27, 2012
Talk is cheap. I want to see a commencement then I will celebrate.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Onlytruth(m): 4:10am On Jun 27, 2012
Heartland will always make us proud.
Ala Imo, anyi ga eruriri ebe ahu! cool

These are the types of investments we need in the East. We need more of these, afterall the oil and gas is from there! Our people need jobs!
Kudos Rochas. cool
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by myola(m): 4:54am On Jun 27, 2012
olafolarin: We have heard all these rhetorics before.
FG to do this,FG to do that.
Our hopes will be raised and dashed by the same FG.
There is a revolving door of projects in GEJ's administration.
Funds will be allocated,looted and the citizenry will be more distraught like never before.
What happened to the Greenfield Refineries,East-West Roads,2nd Niger Bridge,etc?

Your guess is as good as mine!!!!!

My brother, we just need to support our leadets with prayer, leadership is not an easy task most of the people abusing GEJ on nl has never lead just one single person before, give them local government as a trial, they will do worst than those they were criticizing. How do expect to transform Nigeria overnight ? When we did not get to where we are overnight, even our men of god that promise miracles knows is not possible, I believe it's unfair to conderm GEJ for ineffective after just two year especially when some people are making good of their promise/threat of making this country "ungovernable" for him.

Food for thought for reasonable people
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by myola(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2012
olafolarin: We have heard all these rhetorics before.
FG to do this,FG to do that.
Our hopes will be raised and dashed by the same FG.
There is a revolving door of projects in GEJ's administration.
Funds will be allocated,looted and the citizenry will be more distraught like never before.
What happened to the Greenfield Refineries,East-West Roads,2nd Niger Bridge,etc?

Your guess is as good as mine!!!!!

My brother, we just need to support our leadets with prayer, leadership is not an easy task most of the people abusing GEJ on nl has never lead just one single person before, give them local government as a trial, they will do worst than those they were criticizing. How do expect to transform Nigeria overnight ? When we did not get to where we are overnight, even our men of god that promise miracles knows is not possible, I believe it's unfair to conderm GEJ for ineffective after just two year especially when some people are making good of their promise/threat of making this country "ungovernable" for him.

Food for thought for reasonable people
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by frfrank(m): 7:33am On Jun 27, 2012
Richardid: Igbo boys go kidnap d oyibo o.. make una look for another place o

igbo go kidnap
hausa go bomb
yoruba go riot
where best to locate the gas plant in nigeria may be we go borrow land for Ghana.....

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by madridsta007(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2012
BREAKING NEWS: AlQUEADA to INVEST IN Manpower Development in Northern Nigeria.

In a secretly transmitted message Uthman bin-Mohammed of Al-Quaeda, North Africa branch, has indicated their desire to invest in the lives of the teeming youths in Northern Nigeria. According to him, Northern Nigeria deserves a more modern IED factory....
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by noiseless: 8:01am On Jun 27, 2012
Fixed
frfrank:

igbo go kidnap
hausa go bomb
yoruba go 419/defraud and scamm in YYYs
where best to locate the gas plant in nigeria may be we go borrow land for Ghana.....
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by marshborn(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2012
That's good for imo state!! grin
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by PointB: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2012
This is good news, but I must confess I am cautiously optimistic.

In any case, I believe the abundant gas supply in Imo State and some other SE/SS states around, might have informed the decision for a strategic presence in Imo State.

My cautious optimism is nonetheless based on the fact that most Oil and Gas projects seems (nowadays) connected to the amorphous Petroleum Industries Bill (PIB). I sincerely hope this is not the case.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by noiseless: 8:15am On Jun 27, 2012
MALAM MR BOKO JAGA JAGA, Does it mean that everyone in kogi state must a bitter anti-GEJ like you and your gangs of every day bloody dogs and baboons, by the way are you an immigration commander in boko forces? I hope that MALAMABDUL ignores you completly LOLOLOLOL!
alj harem:

what part of the north central are you from ? Kogi ko ? Which ethnicity because I observe that you formed your login 5 days ago and also madly pro-GEJ suggesting you are one of the ret.ards on this site.

right or wrong
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 27, 2012
Presently touring the SE for potential investments. I cannot help but marvel at the speed of huge infastructural developments going on from onitsha to okigwe.

This project will bring hope, investments and better transport systems like light rails,expand more green and futuristic economic exploration to the whole East. The future is very bright for our children.

We also need to explore our agricultural potentials with our almost 100% arable lands. Oh well, with the Thai's and Israelis I see, I am sure it's no coincidence.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by noiseless: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2012
For those of you making mockery of the east about kidnappings don't worry when the time is right we shall organize another BAKASSI to flosh out every criminal, we have done it before and will do it again, only this time they will be as good as any good security agency can be and the one that not even OBASONJO and his criminal gangs can infiltrate to give them bad reputation.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by TheMatrix3: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2012
Hey cheap point scores, this has NAFFIN to do with GEJ!!! Its Shell, plsss read again, SHELL; IMO duuhhh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Presidential Posters Flood Abuja / Businessman Accuses EFCC Lagos Of Conspiring To Obtain N2 Million From Him / Man Of Unparalleled Patriotism, Humility - Buhari Mourns Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.