Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Bold5 Or Touch3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bold5 Or Touch3 (2763 Views)

Bold2 And Galaxy Pocket For Swap For Bold5 Or Iphone / Which Is Better Bold5 Or Q5? / How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bold5 Or Touch3 by mailtimi(m): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2012
Hello.

I want to get a Bold5, but everybody keeps complaing about it have different faults. So sm1 suggested Touch3. But am not really into full touch n no keypad for blackberry. Pls what do you suggest. Bold5 or Touch3
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Jun 26, 2012
Both phones are pretty good devices, with the 9900, you get the touchscreen and qwerty keypad, while the 9860, as you know is full touchscreen. If the battery getting drained quickly was part of the complain, they both use the same battery JM1.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by mailtimi(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2012
@Lexusgs430. No. It's not the ba3. Some people say Bold5 just goes blank at times, also that it keeps restarting. All sorts of shit.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by Lexusgs430: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2012
I use a 9900, and have been for over a year. It occasionally hangs, but tell me what blackberry device doesn't. Go with what your heart dictates. For added comfort buy from an outlet that would give you some form of warranty, and that should put your mind @ rest.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by mailtimi(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2012
Ok. Thanx. I want to get from SLOT. but do they really give warranty like that?
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by Lexusgs430: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2012
mailtimi: Ok. Thanx. I want to get from SLOT. but do they really give warranty like that?

SLOT is an authorised blackberry dealer, so should give you a minimum of 1 years warranty on devices they supply.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by amblors(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lexusgs430: I use a 9900, and have been for over a year. It occasionally hangs, but tell me what blackberry device doesn't. Go with what your heart dictates. For added comfort buy from an outlet that would give you some form of warranty, and that should put your mind @ rest.

Phone wey come out August/September last year na him u don use for over a year?

@OP - ur choice o - I'm using the bold 9900 n I love it I'm not a fan of all-touch devices like d torch 3.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by Lexusgs430: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
amblors:

Phone wey come out August/September last year na him u don use for over a year?

@OP - ur choice o - I'm using the bold 9900 n I love it I'm not a fan of all-touch devices like d torch 3.

August 2011 till date is almost 1 year. It seems like over a year, ok I might have been economical with the fact, did not remember the precise date. I have other issues in my life, then making note of when my present device was bought.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by Mongue(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2012
My Bold 9900 has gone black screen of death. Won't start, won't upgrade operating system, basically useless.
Bought it from Slots in Ikea City Mall, they have come back and said that it is my fault, that I dropped it and that it will cost N40,000 to fix the motherboard.
They claim to be an authorised reseller but they are absolutely uselss, have no clue about customer service or warranties.
I used to tell people they were ok till this happened
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by dandollar1: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2012
Mongue: My Bold 9900 has gone black screen of death. Won't start, won't upgrade operating system, basically useless.
Bought it from Slots in Ikea City Mall, they have come back and said that it is my fault, that I dropped it and that it will cost N40,000 to fix the motherboard.
They claim to be an authorised reseller but they are absolutely uselss, have no clue about customer service or warranties.
I used to tell people they were ok till this happened
slot? Very useless people.that was how i bought a playbook from them in april that went dead after 5days.
I took it back to them thinking they were a reasonable establishment.for 3months its been stories upon stories, only for them to tell me yesterday that thier dealer in dubai said it is not a factory fault,that i was the one that damaged the playbook and i'm going to pay for repairs.imagine such bulshi.t.

We are not ripe for this waranty stuff in nigeria, honestly.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by alstacs(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
dan_dollar: slot? Very useless people.that was how i bought a playbook from them in april that went dead after 5days.
I took it back to them thinking they were a reasonable establishment.for 3months its been stories upon stories, only for them to tell me yesterday that thier dealer in dubai said it is not a factory fault,that i was the one that damaged the playbook and i'm going to pay for repairs.imagine such bulshi.t.

We are not ripe for this waranty stuff in nigeria, honestly.

Slot! Horrible people. I got a 9800 from them wt 1 year warranty a fee months ago. It just refused to start, took it back to them, they showed me a long list of conditions not covered by warranty. Almost all faults you can imagine were listed by slot as not covered. Technically, I concluded there is no warranty in Slot.

We are indeed ready for warranty. Had a Samsung phone that got spoilt in the 12th month of warranty, it was fixed within a week FOC!

SLOT is the problem. Be careful cos their 9900 comes with only 1 month warranty, even with the warranty, you are on your own oh. They will always tell you tis your fault.
Re: Bold5 Or Touch3 by alstacs(m): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
People have been having a lot of issues with 9900, so I was told by an engineer, was also told same by a dealer and that was the reason why slot dropped their warranty on it to just 1 month.
To me, 9860 is similar to the dreaded storm family!
I aint see much diff btw 9810 and 9860 in config and operating sys. 9810 however has got a good keypad along with touchscreen. Unfortunately, you thread says 9860 and 9900.
When my 9800 screen freezes, I resort to the keypad and it works. What would I have done if it were like 9860? Remove the battery all the time?

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus / Over =N=10,000.00 Worth Of Airtime On Glo. / Please Seun Do You Know Anything About This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.