Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities (18121 Views)

List Of Universities That Can Legally Run Part Time Programmes By NUC / Your View On Suspension Of University Part - Time Programmes / Unilag Dli Is Not A Part Time Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by easyz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Are u guys thinking with ur foot? How can NUC stop part-time studies. This is insaNe! Go †Φ order part of the world Α̅πϑ see how dey run online courses. This is the last hope for those who couldn't afford to attend full-time studies. Mschew!!!
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Ournaija: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
What a shame! we are here jubilating NUC mediocrity. Am surprised that most of us jubilating here are even so called full timers. The job of NUC is not about banning legitimate programme.

There job is to ensure delivering of quality education in our Varsities. Why not suspend part time programmes in Schools that are ill equipped for such? Schools like Unilag and Yabatech has solid part time programs going on in their campuses. Do you know how many students will be denied the opportunity to gain from such programmes? The solution is not about throwing the baby away with the bath water.

I expect Okojie to appoints people that will monitor part time programmes in our Schools but my fear is that they may end up collecting bribes.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by 3rdparty: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
I guess NUC is about to promote its own.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Angels: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mr. president & his co-workers you better think well. Do you think suspension of pt studies can solve d problems of dis country. Nigerians are facing many things, you sit down and saying nonesense. THINK WISE GOD DEY!
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by brodaman1: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
wait oooo i dnt undastand dis whole tin u mean pple that bought form presently in uniben partime master will nt be given admissin after spendin so much money i see the whole tin as normal naija news head line
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by oroboteem(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
NUC is jst suppose 2 bring out the new rules rather than create confusion or suspending d programme, if any university can't stay by d rules, sanction such varsity, part-time program is meant 4 a particular category of persons in d society & its done even in d developed countries. As far as I'm concerned its senseless 2 suspend it, its jst like a game, if U can't stay by d rules, Leave d Game, QED.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by bamosagie(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ekowise: Frm wht i undastnd NUC is nt putin a total stop 2 PT bt streamlining it so it does nt extent 20% of d Uni student. Dats by d way, let it nt sha affect PostGraduate Studies bcz it's nt all households dat has d financial capacity 2 further train their child above their First Degree. Make una use una BRAIN o!

Thought I was the only one that have a different comprehension of the story.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Mynews: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
let us start by withdrawin cert. Frm dos politcian who finish by patim studies. E.g GEJ
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by jasmin3: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
Education is already expensive enough, why make life more miserable for people.becos I kno a lot of people need to work before they pay their fees...itz jst sad and i hope dis whole noise wl not affect post graduate studies.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by ye2nday(f): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
PStylish: Good.Very good.
Its high the wheat was separated from the chaff.
Those part time students do close to nothing.And to think they have started finding their way by hook or crook into the prestigious NYSC scheme make this pronouncement very timely and welcome.

A serious intending graduate must sit his as.s in school through the 4,5,6 or 7 years it demands.

NO MORE! NO LESS!!
. i think because U̶̲̥̅̊ were opportuned to go through UME made U̶̲̥̅̊ forget that its not everyone that had that opportunity. Some didn't have any choice than to do it. and mind you there are some who don't have sponsors and had to work and study to make through in life. So you have to think very well before posting!
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by chikaor(f): 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
Wot dis country is turning in2 is wot i dnt no.Just incase we wake up oneday nd find out dat our countries name has been changd to China by d so calld Govermnt plz call me Chin chon.den wot do i call u?. So pple who dnt ve d opportunity 2 go 2 sch shuld now 4get it abi! Ok o .God de sha
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Sike(m): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sijo01:

***pour her water***
whats d problem?
WickednessS
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by 365naijanews(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Nuc is abt promoting education oh. Nt kiling it as u guys are saying oh. They are saying they want to see if this would work for us na. What do u thnk
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
Just another way of forcing people to Enrol in the Federal Government's baby NOUN. I laugh in OKIRIKA.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
Just another way of forcing people to Enrol in the Federal Government's baby NOUN.I laugh in OKIRIKA.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by 365naijanews(m): 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Just another way of forcing people to Enrol in the Federal Government's baby NOUN.I laugh in OKIRIKA.
hoW do u mean ma dear friend
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Sijo01(f): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sike:
WickednessS

So u say!
Was only helping a sister out.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
365naijanews:
hoW do u mean ma dear friend

If the Part time program is successfully stopped, the only alternative for those who can't go for full time courses will be the NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY (NOUN). It is a pet project of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. There will be a massive rise in admission rate in this pet project.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by 365naijanews(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

If the Part time program is successfully stopped, the only alternative for those who can't go for full time courses will be the NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY (NOUN). It is a pet project of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. There will be a massive rise in admission rate in this pet project.
shocked
thegoodjoehunt:

Now i see why they are doing this is a mis of geting more student in that area. Cheei

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by fortunejum: 11:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
For those who are working and wants to further their education, What do they do?
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by rumours: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2012
okeyxyz: Already people are jumping on the bandwagon to say good "good job, well done", how does this or how do they intent to tackle the massive dearth of required skills for economic viability?

So, what's the alternative? what is wrong with having more than 20% as part-timers? why stop satellite campuses? what are the impacts on quality of education? Have they proposed better ways to deliver quality university/college education in a flexible manner to the teeming population of nigerians who need these skills to gain competitive-advantages? Once again, it seems we apply the same "smash & destroy" nigerian mentality, kick against any form of innovation, if it has any faults, ban it & disregard it's advantages & merits. Of course there are faults with any method to deliver education, but we should be looking for ways to improve & properly regulate them, rather than banning.

Bro, tht's the hallmark of our so called leaders - the like shortcuts.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by celemel(m): 2:04am On Jun 27, 2012
Judging from the poo of grammar posted here, I'd suggest NUC bans university education. I'm ashamed to belong to this generation. And to imagine that the trash we post here is connected with education makes it sadder. How did we sink this low? How did most of us make it past GSS 101? embarassed
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by ogaemma: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2012
Idiotic & useless people who do not know what their problem is & how to go about their problems. Here in europe better universities still offer part time & distance learning programme. Not to talk of useless universities in Nigeria that do not have global recognition. No university in Nigeria is rated among the best 100 universities in the world. Those who even graduated b4 coming here out of shame cannot even show their certificate, because not even a car wash will employ a Nigerian graduate here. Except he is ready to study further b4 he/she can be employable. The standard of education is dieing they are there talking nonsense.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by zuchyblink(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2012
the main thing NUC should have been doing is to try and make it more efficient.the system should be modified,part-time programmes are everywhere in the world and nigeria's own won't be an exception,that is the only solution for self-propelled individuals to get education,scraping it will amount to high rate of illiteracy
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by 365naijanews(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2012
hmmmm
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by Mandela89(f): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2012

2 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by guttentag(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2012
[center]
[color=#006600][/color] THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL, WHAT ABOUT THE PRESENT FINAL YEAR STUDENTS IN PT PROGRAM, WHAT WILL THEY DO? MAKE THEM NO Bleep UP OO
[/center]

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by will24: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
NEWS: NUC Suspends Part-Time Study in Nigeria.

THE NUC CANNOT SIT IN ABUJA AND SOLVE THE PROBLEMS IN THE UNIVERSITY EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF A COUNTRY AS LARGE AND POPULOUS AS NIGERIA. WHAT IS NEEDED IS BETTER GUIDELINES AND MONITORING (NUC state offices, for instance) IN ORDER TO MAKE THEM CONFORM TO ACCEPTABLE BEST PRACTICES, NOT A MILITARY-STYLE CLOSURE!!
WHAT IS TO HAPPEN TO THE 10 MILLION STUDENTS NATIONWIDE STUDYING AT VARIOUS CENTERS?
DISTANCE LEARNING STARTED AS FAR BACK AS 1728 IN USA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distance_education) IT WORKS WELL IN OTHER COUNTRIES; IT CAN WORK WELL IN NIGERIA.
SINCE NEPA/PHCN IS DEFECTIVE WHY DON'T WE JUST PULL OUT ALL THE CABLES AND POLES AND STAY IN THE DARK?!
NUC, GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND THINK-SMARTER. NIGERIANS SHOULD NOT BE LIMITED BECAUSE YOU CANNOT DO YOUR JOB!!!

(if you agree with this message pls copy all and past on your wall)

2 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by ObetexWorld: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
What a pity for this country. I see you are not touched by the daily killings in this nation. You want real war. Prepare for it.
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by ObetexWorld: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
ye2nday: . i think because U̶̲̥̅̊ were opportuned to go through UME made U̶̲̥̅̊ forget that its not everyone that had that opportunity. Some didn't have any choice than to do it. and mind you there are some who don't have sponsors and had to work and study to make through in life. So you have to think very well before posting!
Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by ObetexWorld: 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ournaija: What a shame! we are here jubilating NUC mediocrity. Am surprised that most of us jubilating here are even so called full timers. The job of NUC is not about banning legitimate programme.

There job is to ensure delivering of quality education in our Varsities. Why not suspend part time programmes in Schools that are ill equipped for such? Schools like Unilag and Yabatech has solid part time programs going on in their campuses. Do you know how many students will be denied the opportunity to gain from such programmes? The solution is not about throwing the baby away with the bath water.

I expect Okojie to appoints people that will monitor part time programmes in our Schools but my fear is that they may end up collecting bribes.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities by femsquad(m): 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
Pls ã†‎​ happens to those already admitted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian University Has The Best Part Time Program / PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels / Making Money Tips As A Student In Campus..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.