Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Military Regime Vs Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Regime Vs Democracy (5579 Views)

Poll: military or democracy

I prefer the military era: 50% (2 votes)
I prefer present democracy: 25% (1 vote)
undecided: 25% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

REFLECTIONS: 17 Yrs of Military Rule Vs Democracy / Tribalism Vs Democracy - Can Africans/Nigerians Ever Break The Yoke Of Tribalism / Muammar Gaddafi's Regime Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Regime Vs Democracy by Megatone(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2012
Hello fellow nairalanders i decided to open this thread to share in your views of what significant difference in this present day democracy which we claim we practice and era of the military.
In my own view, i feel nigeria is still not ripe to practice democracy this is because both our leaders and we the citizines are not disciplined.The issue of corruption is nothing new,mis-appropriation of funds,basically all sectors of the economy is gradually crumbling e:g education, power, security, high level of unemployment rate, while billions of naira are been spent but yet we have little or nothing to show for it. We tend to spend more on the executive arm, legislative, state house of assembly, local government and so on and so forth.If you do your own research you find out that most of the basic infastructures today were done by the military e:g national theatre, third mainland bridge, festac town, Universities with high standards e:t:c. Then the citizens were more disciplined, organised and noble, no touts on the roads constituting nuisance and causing unnecessary trafffic becuase most of this trucks and busses are owned by these politicians and so cannot be challenged. The only thing that i can say we enjoy in this democracy is freedom of speech and thats to a limit
Please dont get me wrong am not trying to institute a kind of revolution but only sharing my views... you too can air your views because this is a forum. Thank you
Re: Military Regime Vs Democracy by Tsmooth1(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2012
Who are u representing, Buhari?
Re: Military Regime Vs Democracy by Megatone(m): 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
T-smooth:
Who are u representing, Buhari?
The essence of this thread is to air peoples views judging from your own personal experience or some basic amenities or infastructure that we lack.Like i made mention earlier most of this infastructures we have were done during the military era and what this country is presently experiencing is lack of maintainance culture e:g street lights, traffic lites...except the high brow areas where "they" can directly benefit from. Although i know in some states their governors are really doing a good job in restoring some of these structures and creating more.I am not a Buhari fan or believer all am saying is that most of all these ministries, agencies and parastatals are not effective but consume alot of funds to run them.Atleast during the military era some refineries where working and so the need to import fuel wasnt there and issue of subsidy was least discussed
Re: Military Regime Vs Democracy by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
I watched it when David Mark said ' the worst democracy is better than the Best Military Rule'...........That is absolutely trash......

I love Democracy but if it fails, then U try another system,Even Military if dat work better for the citizen

(1) (Reply)

The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! / I Love Nigeria But I Feel Pain When Other Nigerians Say Igbo Will Not Rule / For The First Time Buhari Broke Gej Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.