Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! (5579 Views)

Igbo Man's Tomato Company In Lagos In Trouble, Moving To Sokoto. Lol / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2013
In response to the many political pawns that have taken over Nairaland to lie about the obvious corruption and industrial scale mismanagement of our nation i have posted these pics.

I've selected Lagos because many liars on here use it as a poster location to hide the realities on ground. Funds are mismanaged. Security is a big problem,power,cleanliness and infrastructure are largely wanting. Yet everyday we are told bogus stories of how this governor is doing magic in Lagos.

If you are under 40yrs old then please don't argue with me. I lived in Lagos before many Nairalanders were born. From primary school to Uni in Akoka. I know Lasgidi like the back of my hand from Badagry to Okoko to the Ikeja/Ibadan boundries!

There has been "some" improvement but not enough to come here and start making false claims. I give you the true pics of Lagos!!!

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2013
More pics

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2013
More

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2013
More

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2013
More

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:37am On Apr 29, 2013
More.

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2013
More

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by soma042(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2013
front page thing
1st to .......abi 2nd,,,,,,maybe 3rd
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by soma042(m): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2013
na now we go know if nairaland is truly bias if this topic no enter front page
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Maxymilliano(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2013
I can see some pics of 'Dustbin Estate' ...
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by bloggernaija: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2013
Just look below the picture you just posted of the ghetto. It is no different from the ghettoes in Delhi ,Mumbai or the favelas in brazil.cna you see the mass of people in your picture?yes ,that is called over population.That is more people to cater for than the federal government the federal government is irresponsible.
The annual budget of Lagos state is less than the budget of the New York City transport department.the state is having to bear the burden of the lack of opportunity and poverty elsewhere.that includes the federally induced poverty and the massive corruption in other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by feminancy(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2013
soma042: na now we go know if nairaland is truly bias if this topic no enter front page

i think it will make front page since the whole drama is to espose the ill parts of our so called leaders. gini big deal

though fingers croxxxxxxxxx
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by ba7man(m): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2013
The fact that i spotted molues in some of the pics and the old pix of Marina with the yellow buses under the bridge reduces the credibility of time the pics were taken. The poor will always exist and if an effort is made to sanitize some of those locations, its the same people that will scream "Govt is victimizing us". Most of them are illegal immigrants and are illegally occupying those areas so the logical thing to do is to clear them out of those places. LASG was doing just that but people started screaming again.... Real bummer.

2 Likes

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by feminancy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
im just watching this pics now with my boss,she is lagos born she insist 50% of the pics are fake.
she believe they just made it up.
i dont know who to believe now op or my boss........?
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
feminancy: im just watching this pics now with my boss,she is lagos born she insist 50% of the pics are fake.

That's very funny. Ask her if she's ever visited Mushin or Shomolu or Ifako or Oshodi or Epe (i'm not even going to mention Ajegunle because every knows that one)
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by justhelp(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
What u posted does not make any sense at all because those are pics from getto that u can even find in USA,China even some part of europe those condition happens around highly populated cities where u can find jobless and poor people,however why don't u show us more from maryland,GRA,Ikeja and part of Lagos Island, if u think it is duties of Lagos State Govt to combart poverty in Nigeria I think u need to be check.We are in a societies where there must be rich and the poor,that is why some people like yourself need to be checked because there is also something called poverty of Brain. Lagos State stand for her self not to be condenmed by any one, no cities is completely perfect so clear and pack well, infact show us the pics of your village.Bad belle

3 Likes

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by feminancy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Krucifax:

That's very funny. Ask her if she's ever visited Mushin or Shomolu or Ifako or Oshodi or Epe (i'm not even going to mention Ajegunle because every knows that one)

seriously @ poster is this the real picture of lagos. and when was the picture taking cus i cant notice any change since i left nigeria 8 years ago
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
justhelp: What u posted does not make any sense at all because those are pics from getto that u can even find in USA,China even some part of europe those condition happens around highly populated cities where u can find jobless and poor people,however why don't u show us more from maryland,GRA,Ikeja and part of Lagos Island, if u think it is duties of Lagos State Govt to combart poverty in Nigeria I think u need to be check.We are in a societies where there must be rich and the poor,that is why some people like yourself need to be checked because there is also something called poverty of Brain. Lagos State stand for her self not to be condenmed by any one, no cities is completely perfect so clear and pack well, infact show us the pics of your village.Bad belle

Besides your obvious lack of mastery of the English language,you also have a reading,comprehension and possibly eye sight problem.

Infrastructure,Security, Sanitation issues ARE the responsibilities of govt(of which there are different levels) Federal,State,Local Government!
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by ba7man(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
feminancy: im just watching this pics now with my boss,she is lagos born she insist 50% of the pics are fake.
Your boss is right. The fact that there are Molues in some of the pics proves it. Marina hasn't looked the way it is in the above pix for over 6years now. Some of those places still exist though but some are like walking into a Garbage dump in any country, taking pics of it and posting it as the country. Makoko features prominently in the above pics too but we all know how people kicked against its demolition.

2 Likes

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by ba7man(m): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
The @OP obviously is in diaspora not to realize that the access road through Mushin has been fixed, transport buses cleared off its main roads and streetlights fixed down its length. He's probably trying to justify his stay in diaspora by projecting his warped view on people. @Op. No one is crucifying you for not being able to return to Nigeria. Its ok. I still look at my environment and frankly, there's still a lot of work to be done but there's improvement and i'm proud I'm playing my part.

2 Likes

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by ba7man(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Op. I'm under 40 and i want to argue with you b'cos i know intelligence is not a function of age. At least Davido is just 20 but he'll pay your salary conveniently regardless of your age. I give work to men twice my age and they say "Thank you sir".....

1 Like

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
ba7man: The @OP obviously is in diaspora not to realize that the access road through Mushin has been fixed, transport buses cleared off its main roads and streetlights fixed down its length. He's probably trying to justify his stay in diaspora by projecting his warped view on people. @Op. No one is crucifying you for not being able to return to Nigeria. Its ok. I still look at my environment and frankly, there's still a lot of work to be done but there's improvement and i'm proud I'm playing my part.

Since you also admit there is lots to be done. Is it not good to then point out the truth?

ba7man: @Op. I'm under 40 and i want to argue with you b'cos i know intelligence is not a function of age. At least Davido is just 20 but he'll pay your salary conveniently regardless of your age. I give work to men twice my age and they say "Thank you sir".....

Intelligence my friend has no function in this. I was referring to local knowledge and first hand experience gained over the years. You didn't have to gloat about paying salaries that's an irrelevant and unprovable digression from the case in hand!
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by ba7man(m): 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Krucifax:

Since you also admit there is lots to be done. Is it not good to then point out the truth?

Intelligence my friend has no function in this. I was referring to local knowledge and first hand experience gained over the years. You didn't have to gloat about paying salaries that's an irrelevant and unprovable digression from the case in hand!
Noted. But frankly, some of those pics you posted shows that you haven't been in the Country of late. The current administration has been dealing with the problem of illegal squatters on Government properties by evicting them and demolition but they've started screaming "Human rights abuse". The funny thing is they still pay rent to some faceless individuals to stay in those run down locations.
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
@OP these pics are old ...entr'acte pointe?
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by OmoTier1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
Krucifax: In response to the many political pawns that have taken over Nairaland to lie about the obvious corruption and industrial scale mismanagement of our nation i have posted these pics.

I've selected Lagos because many liars on here use it as a poster location to hide the realities on ground. Funds are mismanaged. Security is a big problem,power,cleanliness and infrastructure are largely wanting. Yet everyday we are told bogus stories of how this governor is doing magic in Lagos.

If you are under 40yrs old then please don't argue with me. I lived in Lagos before many Nairalanders were born. From primary school to Uni in Akoka. I know Lasgidi like the back of my hand from Badagry to Okoko to the Ikeja/Ibadan boundries!

There has been "some" improvement but not enough to come here and start making false claims. I give you the true pics of Lagos!!!
So in the morning, you wake up and call yourself a human being lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by OneNaira6: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
is this an attempt to get back at the other thread posted by that ileke or texas or whatever the hell she goes by now chick. I don't honestly understand the point of this thread when u can easily post it in the other one
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
This poster actually posted pictures of Zimbabwe and South Africa and labelled them Lagos!

Wow.
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
So in the morning, you wake up and call yourself a human being lipsrsealed

You are not making any sense,was that a statement or a dig at me?

One_Naira: is this an attempt to get back at the other thread posted by that ileke or texas or whatever the hell she goes by now chick. I don't honestly understand the point of this thread when u can easily post it in the other one

Not sure what you mean. And it's okay not to understand. But you are in no position to tell someone else where to post an opinion.

kingoflag: This poster actually posted pictures of Zimbabwe and South Africa and labelled them Lagos!

Wow.

That's not even funny. So they drive Danfo buses in Zimb and Safa? You need to stay away from alcohol!
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by pomporiking: 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
Op please stop lying,some of those pics are old if you hate fashola just say it but don't find a bogus way to discredit him. If you're really over 40 and you really know lagos then you should also know fashola has performed some wonders in the state.you don't have to be old to notice the huge difference in lagos since he became governor
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Krucifax(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
pompori king: Op please stop lying,some of those pics are old if you hate fashola just say it but don't find a bogus way to discredit him. If you're really over 40 and you really know lagos then you should also know fashola has performed some wonders in the state.you don't have to be old to notice the huge difference in lagos since he became governor

Did u actually read my post before writing this? Did you miss the bit where i said there was "some" improvement? And can you also honestly say hand-on-heart that you are happy with the state of things in Lagos? I dare you to lie!!
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by pomporiking: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Krucifax:

Did u actually read my post before writing this? Did you miss the bit where i said there was "some" improvement? And can you also honestly say hand-on-heart that you are happy with the state of things in Lagos? I dare you to lie!!

Yes I am op.its not yet where we want to be, but its the best lagos has been for a long time
Re: The True Beauty Of Lagos In Pictures!!!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! BRF has really done alot. I can still remember all these locations some 7 years back.
God bless the OP for making me love the Gov some more and realizing how much he has actually accomplished within a short period of time. I know negative trash like this will make the front-page.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi / Agofure Motors / May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.