Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? (1396 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
Have you ever been persecuted for being a Muslim before? Maybe at your place of work or among your friends, anywhere at all. It might have been in the form of snide comments or sarcastic insults or even outright direct insults, like the Christians on NL never seem to run out of.
Ok, unfortunately for Muslims in Nigeria today, the people that call themselves BH have taken it upon themselves to tarnish the reputations of Muslims by their constant killing of innocents and quoting of Qur'anic verses out of context to 'back up' their evil ways.
Since humans are innately prejudiced, this type of thing will unavoidably lead to non-muslims using it as a means to verbally attack Muslims whether their attacks are justified or not and these attacks are not justified because even Christians have been caught trying to bomb a Church and different other places so one would think that would be enough evidence to convince some coconut heads that Boko Haram is not a Muslim thing.

Anyway, the thread is simply not for recounting experiences where you've been persecuted because of Boko Haram, you can tell any stories about any persecution you've faced because you are a Muslim. Who knows, this thread could serve as an evidence for you on Yaomul Qiyama.
Cheers.

Will be back with my stories and that of others soon.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by LagosShia: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
i have not being persecuted by christians in real life or i have not experienced that.

but i have being persecuted by fellow Muslims (Sunnis) for being a Shia Muslim.if you're interested i could reveal the incident.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ok, unfortunately for Muslims in Nigeria today, the people that call themselves BH have taken it upon themselves to tarnish the reputations of Muslims by their constant killing of innocents and quoting of Qur'anic verses out of context to 'back up' their evil ways.

so what exactly do you want the christians to do?

or why are you refusing to acknowledge their own losses and persecution while throwing a pity party for yourself?
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
]
LagosShia: if you're interested i could reveal the incident.

Sure, go ahead. cool

tpia@:

so what exactly do you want the christians to do?

or why are you refusing to acknowledge their own losses and persecution while throwing a pity party for yourself?

1. Muslims have also lost their people in these BH attacks.
2. What I expect Christians to do, is not to attack those that have constantly spoken against BH and even gotten killed for doing that. Rather they should face their President that said he knows those behind these attacks and yet he refuses to bring them to book.
3. This is nota pity party, it is an avenue to expose what is going on in our society and to gain support/encouragement from Muslims.
4. Lastly, please change that your ugly picture that you have been using as your signature since the beginning of time. For crying out loud if you want to upload a picture, at least choose a nice looking one to upload.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
So the experiences I was talking about:

The first one happened in my school. The school authorities passed a law that we should not carry out our programmes on one open/spacious location that we had been having programmes on for years. Reason they gave was that Muslims don't have good rapport with other people. Funny thing is that we never did anything to cause trouble all the years that we had been using that venue before they passed that law and that place was where we held like 50% of our open air programmes.
Also, the non-muslim sects were not barred from using that venue.
The day we found out about the law we didn't even fight or make any kind of trouble. We just moved the venue of the programme we were going to hold to front of the mosque.

Another law they brought forward in that school was that we are not allowed to expand the size of our Mosque from what it currently is. The land that was allocated to the school for building the Mosque still has space that we can use to expand the old initial building. But they said no increasing in size to avoid problems.
I have no idea what problems they were referring to.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
^would you like me to list the times i've been told i'm not welcome in islamic section simply because i'm either a christian or some bozo doesnt want me here?

and do you really think you're the only one with stories?

and as per my photo- why are you clicking on my signature to begin with? Abeg waka pass- that's the same way your friend was going on and on about [m] in my profile as if his nl usage depended on that. Comot for my front and face whatever it is you came here to say.

did i post the picture to entice you?
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lol......as an atheist I can talk about my own persecution from muslims.

I had a muslim girlfriend. Unfortunately, the Quran in its infinite wisdom forbids a muslim woman from marrying an atheist.

Persecution 1;
Her cousin and brother found out that their sister was dating a guy. We all met one night when there was a party at her house. They were using style to check if I was a muslim because I did not have a beard and seemed to be the party type. After failing to even understand basic arabic terms, I lied that part of my family in Nigeria was muslim and I am a muslim but did not get to learn much since I moved away from Nigeria to the UK at an early age. They were Indian-British and so they didnt know much about Nigeria and had to accept my lie. I was now a muslim. Thinking that I was weak in faith, her foolish cousin was texting me Islamic things to renew my "faith". Had I not said that I was from a muslim family at that party, hell would have broken loose. The brother was quite angry in his questions even though he was trying to be cool.

Persecution 2;
My halal butchers. My Muslim Pakistani butchers whom I buy meat from always try to toast black girls, even my Nigerian sisters and friends who are christian. The first day I brought my muslim girlfriend, I could see the anger in their faces. They were asking her JAMB questions. They spoke urdu but she told them she was indian and then they were using some arabic terms. Kaffir is what they referred to me as. My butchers have always been friendly to me up till then.

Persecution 3;
Muslim cab driver and I are chatting very well about guy stuff until I told him that I had a muslim girlfriend. The Cabbie slammed the brakes so fast, I thought that I would die. The guy didnt talk to me throughout the journey.

Ironic thing about all of this was that I was losing faith in Christianity at the time and was interested in Islam. However, Allah must work in mysterious ways because the Islamic bigotry I received put me back on the path to atheism (and was finally converted to an atheist by a drunkard)

My sad story had a happy ending afterall....I love being an atheist!
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
BTW I am logicboy for those who dont know. My logicboy01 account has been banned from the Islam section. Probably because I bash Islam a lot grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
tpia@:
^would you like me to list the times i've been told i'm not welcome in islamic section simply because i'm either a christian or some bozo doesnt want me here?

and do you really think you're the only one with stories?

and as per my photo- why are you clicking on my signature to begin with? Abeg waka pass- that's the same way your friend was going on and on about [m] in my profile as if his nl usage depended on that. Comot for my front and face whatever it is you came here to say.

did i post the picture to entice you?

tpia abeg no vex. Sometimes Iwrite rubbish like that bthen regret it later.
I hereby extend the olive branch in peace.
*blush blush*
tongue
Sorry about any 'persecutions' you might have faced from the people on Islam for Muslims.
But you might want to start another thread to talk about it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
its not that important to me.

whoever wants to hate should hate- its a free world and i'm not complaining.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
^^^Yeah whatever.

Cheers01: Lol......as an atheist I can talk about my own persecution from muslims.

I had a muslim girlfriend. Unfortunately, the Quran in its infinite wisdom forbids a muslim woman from marrying an atheist.

Persecution 1;
Her cousin and brother found out that their sister was dating a guy. We all met one night when there was a party at her house. They were using style to check if I was a muslim because I did not have a beard and seemed to be the party type. After failing to even understand basic arabic terms, I lied that part of my family in Nigeria was muslim and I am a muslim but did not get to learn much since I moved away from Nigeria to the UK at an early age. They were Indian-British and so they didnt know much about Nigeria and had to accept my lie. I was now a muslim. Thinking that I was weak in faith, her foolish cousin was texting me Islamic things to renew my "faith". Had I not said that I was from a muslim family at that party, hell would have broken loose. The brother was quite angry in his questions even though he was trying to be cool.

Persecution 2;
My halal butchers. My Muslim Pakistani butchers whom I buy meat from always try to toast black girls, even my Nigerian sisters and friends who are christian. The first day I brought my muslim girlfriend, I could see the anger in their faces. They were asking her JAMB questions. They spoke urdu but she told them she was indian and then they were using some arabic terms. Kaffir is what they referred to me as. My butchers have always been friendly to me up till then.

Persecution 3;
Muslim cab driver and I are chatting very well about guy stuff until I told him that I had a muslim girlfriend. The Cabbie slammed the brakes so fast, I thought that I would die. The guy didnt talk to me throughout the journey.

Ironic thing about all of this was that I was losing faith in Christianity at the time and was interested in Islam. However, Allah must work in mysterious ways because the Islamic bigotry I received put me back on the path to atheism (and was finally converted to an atheist by a drunkard)

My sad story had a happy ending afterall....I love being an atheist!

So logicboy, you are the one that was starting those different topics about whether Islam is for the poor and wht happens when a Muslim enters a gay community? lol.
I don't see the point in banning one of your usernames when you can easily use your other account to post.

@your post; Logicboy all these your stories about your Muslim girlfriends dey make person fear. How many Muslim girlfriends have you had exactly?

And biko, start another thread to complain about your issues. This one is for Muslims, kwanu?
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
fellis: ^^^Yeah whatever.

So logicboy, you are the one that was starting those different topics about whether Islam is for the poor and wht happens when a Muslim enters a gay community? lol.
I don't see the point in banning one of your usernames when you can easily use your other account to post.

@your post; Logicboy all these your stories about your Muslim girlfriends dey make person fear. How many Muslim girlfriends have you had exactly?

And biko, start another thread to complain about your issues. This one is for Muslims, kwanu?

No vex, I am a cheerful giver. I like to tell my stories.

As for muslim girlfriends, I have had only two. grin

As for my different topics, why are you avoiding them?
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
cry crySo the third case I want to write on involves one of my friends.
She went to seek a job at a supermarket and the summary of the conversation between her and the employee went something like this:

Employee: Good afternoon.

My friend: Good afternoon.

Employee: So you want to work here?

My friend: Yes, I would really love to.

Employee: What is your name?

My friend: Fauziya

Employee: Are you a muslim?

My friend: Yes.

Employee: Sorry, we cannot employ Muslims here.

My friend: Why?

Employee: Because you are a Muslim.

And just like that, the girl lost the job opportunity. Wasn't employed, not because she was not qualified or for any other reason other than religion.

cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
fellis: cry crySo the third case I want to write on involves one of my friends.
She went to seek a job at a supermarket and the summary of the conversation between her and the employee went something like this:

Employee: Good afternoon.

My friend: Good afternoon.

Employee: So you want to work here?

My friend: Yes, I would really love to.

Employee: What is your name?

My friend: Fauziya

Employee: Are you a muslim?

My friend: Yes.

Employee: Sorry, we cannot employ Muslims here.

My friend: Why?

Employee: Because you are a Muslim.

And just like that, the girl lost the job opportunity. Wasn't employed, not because she was not qualified or for any other reason other than religion.

cry

Yawn. sad

Boring story. Probably fiction. Come on.....we need sadder stories. Crying wins grammies!
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
My story is not fiction . . sad
Cheers01:

No vex, I am a cheerful giver. I like to tell my stories.

As for muslim girlfriends, I have had only two. grin

As for my different topics, why are you avoiding them?

If I wanted to explain things regarding religion to you, I would have to quote verses from the Qur'an to do that and you do not believe in the Qur'an so I don't see how doing so will help matters. Secondly when I am explaining the reason why we do some things to you, I will state that it is simply cos we have been directed to do so in the Qur'an, then you will start your long argument about how the laws are not logical and how they do not work in this day and time, then I will tell you that Allah's laws always work in any place and time, then you will probably start inserting different links from different websites to provide 'evidence' that they do not work, but I would have already gotten bored of the whole thing by then and would start regreting starting the discussion in the first place. sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
fellis: My story is not fiction . . sad

If I wanted to explain things regarding religion to you, I would have to quote verses from the Qur'an to do that and you do not believe in the Qur'an so I don't see how doing so will help matters. Secondly when I am explaining the reason why we do some things to you, I will state that it is simply cos we have been directed to do so in the Qur'an, then you will start your long argument about how the laws are not logical and how they do not work in this day and time, then I will tell you that Allah's laws always work in any place and time, then you will probably start inserting different links from different websites to provide 'evidence' that they do not work, but I would have already gotten bored of the whole thing by then and would start regreting starting the discussion in the first place. sad

Preemptive thinking.....I like that. Saves us the trouble. However, by your comment you are accepting that somethings you do as muslims are illogical and only do it because you are ordered by Koran/hadith/Sharia
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Cheers01:

Preemptive thinking.....I like that. Saves us the trouble. However, by your comment you are accepting that somethings you do as muslims are illogical and only do it because you are ordered by Koran/hadith/Sharia

See, my life is not all about logic, logic, logic. I like logic, don't get me wrong, but I also consider things relating to spiritual realm/non-logic.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
fellis:

See, my life is not all about logic, logic, logic. I like logic, don't get me wrong, but I also consider things relating to spiritual realm/non-logic.

Then why islam? You're already a skeptic!

Anyways, I'm not going to convert you. I dont do reverse Dawah. grin grin grin

Just ask yourself, if it isnt bigotry that I cant get married to my muslim girlfriend according to the Quran. Search for the truth.

Salaam
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by maclatunji: 9:21am On Jun 27, 2012
Cheers01:

Just ask yourself, if it isnt bigotry that I cant get married to my muslim girlfriend according to the Quran. Search for the truth.

Salaam

Dude, you are derailing this thread- stay a respectful distance away from it and stop derailing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2012
maclatunji:

Dude, you are derailing this thread- stay a respectful distance away from it and stop derailing.

Sorry.

However, did Fellis complain to you? I believe that we were having a discussion even if it was off topic.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
If we ask now, i'm 100% sure most of these stories involve arabs or arabic types.

Nigerians must always carry other people's matter on their head.

Not to mention how is fellis last story different from the treatment i myself received from muslims here in this section.

Oya, lets go there.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
oya, let's go there nah.

i want to fight.

i need somebody to take me up on my offer.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
maclatunji:

Yay, the Oga hinsef is hia. Haha.
Welcome, Egbon Maclatunji.
Have a seat over there and relax while I fetch the orange juice. grin

Egbon Maclatunji, no mind that logicboy.
You know that if he is not busy trying to convert everybody to atheism, him body no go settle.tongue grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
Cheers01:

Salaam

Bia, how am I a skeptic?
Anyway salaam to you back.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
tpia@:

Not to mention how is fellis last story different from the treatment i myself received from muslims here in this section.

Tpia, relax, this is not a challenge to fight you;
First of all, the last story is different from the treatment you received here in this section because Islam for Muslims section is not a supermarket where you were rejected for being a Muslim.
embarassed
Secondly, even if it was a supermarket, you cannot possibly be trying to find a job here because you already have a full time job; spending your whole entire life on Nairaland.
And biko, no wrestling in this thread. Start another thread to cry about how you were 'persecuted' in Islam section because nobody liked your derailing asss.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
fellis:

Yay, the Oga hinsef is hia. Haha.
Welcome, Egbon Maclatunji.
Have a seat over there and relax while I fetch the orange juice. grin

Egbon Maclatunji, no mind that logicboy.
You know that if he is not busy trying to convert everybody to atheism, him body no go settle.tongue grin

I am not trying to convert anyone. I just told you to search for the truth. People that do Dawah give booklets and nquranic passages. Did I give you any atheist book to read?

Imagine the audacity of Maclatunji, telling me to stay away from this thread. The guy can not just take any criticism of Islam. The big boss MACdaddy!!!

Anyways, I feel your pain fellis. Watch this video. Islamophobia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfHL4AZtS58
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
Cheers01:

I am not trying to convert anyone. I just told you to search for the truth. People that do Dawah give booklets and nquranic passages. Did I give you any atheist book to read?

Imagine the audacity of Maclatunji, telling me to stay away from this thread. The guy can not just take any criticism of Islam. The big boss MACdaddy!!!

Anyways, I feel your pain fellis. Watch this video. Islamophobia

The video has to wait till later, I am browsing on a phone right now.
But thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
fellis:

Tpia, relax, this is not a challenge to fight you;
First of all, the last story is different from the treatment you received here in this section because Islam for Muslims section is not a supermarket where you were rejected for being a Muslim.
embarassed
Secondly, even if it was a supermarket, you cannot possibly be trying to find a job here because you already have a full time job; spending your whole entire life on Nairaland.
And biko, no wrestling in this thread. Start another thread to cry about how you were 'persecuted' in Islam section because nobody liked your derailing asss.

Oh, you suddenly developed wings because you saw maclatunji on the thread, right?

Ok, i was told to stay out of muslim section because "nobody liked my derailing asss", but you are disturbing the forum with tall tales of being persecuted because "somebody didnt like you or whoever for being muslim".

Hypocrite much? Or is it you sanction bigotry as long as you're the ones dishing it out.

Keep hogging your stuff o- we shall see.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
And where's the music for your pity party?
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by tpia5: 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
maclatunji:

Go easy on the frenzy abi ki lo le to yen.
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Cheers01: 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
tpia@:

Go easy on the frenzy abi ki lo le to yen.

LMAO.....Nairaland's hardcore moderator
Re: Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
tpia@:

Oh, you suddenly developed wings because you saw maclatunji on the thread, right?

Ok, i was told to stay out of muslim section because "nobody liked my derailing asss", but you are disturbing the forum with tall tales of being persecuted because "somebody didnt like you or whoever for being muslim".

Hypocrite much? Or is it you sanction bigotry as long as you're the ones dishing it out.

Keep hogging your stuff o- we shall see.
That's it?
Tpia, when you wrote 'bring it on' I didn't think pathetic drivel like this was what you intended to fight with.
You have nothing to offer, your life is so empty and meaningless that you have to go from thread to thread looking for people to fight and insult.
Well fck off this thread, don't use this place as an avenue to remind NLers that you are a damn pest that has to type ret[i]a[/i]rded insults on an anonymous forum in order to feel like your existence has some kind of purpose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bill Cosby: We Should All Be More Like Muslims / Sakamanje Scholar / Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.