Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos (10095 Views)

Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD / Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by LarrySun(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
List the titles of these movies and their copied originals.

For instance,
I watched the Nigerian movie Eje Ati Wura (starring Kelvin Ikeduba, Gentle Jack, and that local Yoruba actor) and later found out it was copied from The Italian Job (starring Donald Sutherland, Jason Statham, Matt Damon)
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by omar22(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:
List the titles of these movies and their copied originals.

For instance,
I watched the Nigerian movie Eje Ati Wura (starring Kelvin Ikeduba, Gentle Jack, and that local Yoruba actor) and later found out it was copied from The Italian Job (starring Donald Sutherland, Jason Statham, Matt Damon)

Any car chasing in the movie?
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Afam4eva(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
Them plenty. Nollywood copies both Titles and story lines. Bollywood is also guilty of this. I've watched some bollywood movies that i found very interesting only to later watch the hollywood equivalent. But i usually enjoy the bollywood ones more though even though they copied.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by valencia25(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
Tom and Jerry.... Akin and Pawpaw, he no even correspond at all grin grin grin grin
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by comechop(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
And front page how?

useless mods.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by ziccoit: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
^^^ badt guy @tom and jerry.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by joshuaidibia(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
derailed starring clive owen and a nigerian movie starring to.to di.ck I've forgotten the name of d home movie
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by tintingz(m): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
I dnt realy watch nollywood movies buh i remember an advert a disney story the beauty and the beast which olu jacobs act d character of the beast, and i saw dis again a nollywood movie rihanna and beyonce, woda fhuck!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Biggysmalls919(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nigerian movies are not movies but dramas. They are damn 2 full of craps.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by sunjetg: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
Unfaithful-Diane Lane(Hollywood)vs Lust and love-Tonto Dike(Nollywood)
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Foxybone(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Most Wanted = Set it Off (even the producer claimed never to have watched the Hollywood version).... Them many sef.... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
Foxybone: Most Wanted = Set it Off (even the producer claimed never to have watched the Hollywood version).... Them many sef.... embarassed embarassed embarassed
The title(Most wanted) was also copied from the American movie(most wanted) starring one Wayans guy.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by slimyem: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
sunjetg: Unfaithful-Diane Lane(Hollywood)vs Lust and love-Tonto Dike(Nollywood)
that unfaithful has a Bollywood version and a yoruba nollywood(Ogogo) version too.
Smh!
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Foxybone(m): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
The Bollywood version of Unfaithful is called Murder... The storyline was so interesting, with the indians enacting sex scenes and then, you are kept on suspense.... First time I saw the indians kissing on screen before it finally became a normal sight.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by angelz(f): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sleepin with d enemy. d same title in d nigerian version. starring kate henshaw.
indecent proposal.
another silly thing they av bin doin is using d soundtrack in prison break in thier movies
esp yoruba.
l don't really watch Nigerian film, but my husband does, n it makes me sick wen l see all these copy copy.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by novaman: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
Eje ati Wura that the poster mentioned is actually a comedy, but in my honest opinion the special effect guy shouldn't have wasted his talent on that film, every scene in that film special effect; I stumble in the film when visiting one of my customers
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by sunjetg: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
cheesy
slimyem: that unfaithful has a Bollywood version and a yoruba nollywood(Ogogo) version too.
Smh!

Oh,really?
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by femmy2010(m): 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Partner (A novel by John Grisham) - 150million a Yoruba Moview.

Read the novel then watch the movie to understand better.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nollywood, Ghollywood and even Bollywood are agents of pirated movie titles.
They are use titles and scripts from other foreign movies (i.e. hollywood).
There is no originality about most of the movies on display.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Foxybone(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
novaman: Eje ati Wura that the poster mentioned is actually a comedy, but in my honest opinion the special effect guy shouldn't have wasted his talent on that film, every scene in that film special effect; I stumble in the film when visiting one of my customers

I watched the film... You might think the story line in the begining is going to be awesome with the whole shooting and bombing but the rest of the movie drama is a big apology... Damn, I hate nigeria film a lot.... In Assassin (Staring Mike Ezurounye), the beginning looked like Blue Streak (Martin Lawrence)... The rest.... APOLOGY.... angry angry angry
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by slimdiggi: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
Save the last dance o,d nollywood version is so off i was disgusted,Ramsey n Rita shud go n cover their face in shame,he tried to lift her thigh in one of d dance moves,i cld see dat he was practicaly sweating
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by yommy2sure(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
dem plenty...make i remember some.. (hollywood-jason's lyric)....nollywood-to love and to hate(genny and emeka ike) (hollywood-splash..tom hanks)...nollywood...yemi my lover (break up,cynderalla,pretty woman..etc all have nollywood version) lol
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by LarrySun(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
femmy2010: Partner (A novel by John Grisham) - 150million a Yoruba Moview.

You're so very right! That Yinka, Quadri and Segun Arinze's #150million was adapted from The Partner...just that their endings are different.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by ebamma(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
so there are people who still watch dis clowns on tv.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
Save the last dance(hollywood),jo kin jo(yoruba)total rubbish..i was so ashamed that it might be shown on Pay tvs..nigeria films are sleeping pills for me...mtchew.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by tintingz(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
Double dragon (jackie chan) vs dangerous twins(ramson noah) tho ramsy no fight karate LOL e jor o
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by fankasibe: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
I'm still waiting for Nigeria's version of Titanic, Lord of the Rings, Avarta, Transformer....et.c grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
fankasibe: I'm still waiting for Nigeria's version of Titanic, Lord of the Rings, Avarta, Transformer....et.c grin
u wan kill us,thats too much na.na only "Nnkan Mbe" we fit do ooo
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Lilspicer(f): 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ona dey here dey darg me i no dey watch der film atall onli one i know say dem copy lostlove hoolywood foundluv-naija producers no dey creativ @alll
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by Tinkybabe(f): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
Maid in Manhattan starring J.Lo and room service featuring mercy Johnson.I still remain faithful to nollywood though cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by queenbinteo: 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
femmy2010: Partner (A novel by John Grisham) - 150million a Yoruba Moview.

You are right, 150million naira was an adaptation of Partner by John Grisham.
Re: Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos by WhyAWhy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
GHAJINI(indian movie) also has a ghanian version, don't know who copied who. Think ghanians did though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baba Suwe To Shoot Movie On NDLEA Ordeal / New Ghana Movie "hot Fork" / Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.