Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! (6600 Views)

Video Of Pregnant Child Ese Too Scared And Ashamed To Face Her Family. / 63 Unaccompanied Children, Six Pregnant Women Among Those Rescued / Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by gbadexy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sentiments and beef aside, Lagos state is setting standards that other states should emulate.
For insightful people and deep thinkers, imagine the impact of this law, as we won't have miscreants and other menace to the society if the parents are compelled by law to live up to their responsibility.
The society and family has a huge role to play in helping to improve security and improve the economy. Imagine if all children are adequately catered for trained to be useful to the family and society, we won't have the problem of area boys and the almijiris that are fodder for extremists activity bedeviling the country now.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Rimbaldi: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
These people dont know what to do with power again. Mssssssssschew! how about making a law that compels every LCDA to build roads and other amenities? Na baby mama syndrome dem wan check now. Maybe one of the man's relation is in such a predicament and he now decides to use his office to seek revenge. Abegi jor!
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by jpphilips(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
gbadexy: Sentiments and beef aside, Lagos state is setting standards that other states should emulate.
For insightful people and deep thinkers, imagine the impact of this law, as we won't have miscreants and other menace to the society if the parents are compelled by law to live up to their responsibility.
The society and family has a huge role to play in helping to improve security and improve the economy. Imagine if all children are adequately catered for trained to be useful to the family and society, we won't have the problem of area boys and the almijiris that are fodder for extremists activity bedeviling the country now.

compelled by law is different from having the capacity to take the responsibilities.
the law "compels" you to insure your vehicle, you do third if not fifth party that defeats the real aim of the insurance in the first place(no claims or benefits attached).

now, how did the compelling law provide the means for a comprehensive insurance cover? think!! think!! think!! my friend
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by gbadexy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
@ philips,
I understand what you are driving at. Some of the laws ought to be updated but car insurance and someone taking care of his responsibility are two different things.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by jpphilips(m): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
gbadexy: @ philips,
I understand what you are driving at. Some of the laws ought to be updated but car insurance and someone taking care of his responsibility are two different things.

i seriously doubt the bold part
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by rothea(f): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
Eko oni baje! thumbs up to Fashola. You is the man! Now some "people" will start getting themselves to be responsible men and women giving birth to children not irresponsible girls and boys producing rug rats. wink
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
jp philips:

i seriously doubt the bold part

y' think grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by segend(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
I like the idea of the law, but I have some questions, if d guy is base in another state, and d chic is in lag, what will happen, since its a state law. Can paternity test be done while the lady is still pregnant
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by queensmith: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is a brilliant move, absolutely fantastic I am too impressed by this. Fashola has done it again!

As to the issue of paternity, in the UK monthly payments are deducted monthly til the paternity results are concluded. So if there's suspicion of 5 men having impregnated the woman all 5 will pay until the test results arrive, the agency will refund the money if it comes out negative.

It's a very very criminal thing to do, and this law is going to serve well to reduce alot of problems, I'm very proud of the man, very proud. Well done!

*sending this to everybody*
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by EkoIle1: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
jp philips:

did you task your brain on the subject matter before wearing your coat of sycophancy?

which technology in Lagos state will prove the paternity of a fetus for the mother to be entitled to "ANTE NATAL" support?

are you saying that any girl that takes in for any man can legally go about demanding for fetus and child support from whom ever slept with her in the past because Lagos state law makers refused to apply common sense?
what is the academic qualification for law makers again?

The technology is available and all over the place in Lagos. Lagos is not a cave in Afghanistan.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by ToToChoper: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
I find this new law potentially an abject failure because of the obscurities inherent. It’s a little tacky and its absurdities make for arguments all in a bid to avoid the draconian fine or jail time.

For instance, how do one determine the original point (or state---as in Lagos or Ogun State) of pregnancy for a woman whose job requires her traveling between states e.g an airhostess? Secondly not every Lagos resident is a Lagosian so would this law apply to non-indigenes? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
ToToChoper: I find this new law potentially an abject failure because of the obscurities inherent. It’s a little tacky and its absurdities make for arguments all in a bid to avoid the draconian fine or jail time.

For instance, how do one determine the original point (or state---as in Lagos or Ogun State) of pregnancy for a woman whose job requires her traveling between states e.g an airhostess? Secondly not every Lagos resident is a Lagosian so would this law apply to non-indigenes? [color=#006600][/color]

This law will be quite challenging for a totochopper.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by ToToChoper: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
smiley
Ileke-IdI:

Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Jakumo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Odikwa serious. Let the truth be told.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by ZUBY77(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
I heard Banky W interviewed him. What did they smoke behind yhe camera?
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by billyG(m): 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
I think he shld rather make law 2 rid the street of naked lunatic,abandonment of lunated,social security 2 the unemployed.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by stpat1(m): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
lol. Fashola wants to make Lagos HELL for irresponsible pple. Soon there will be a law to have kids you can't cater for. Nice one.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2012
I don't know if Lagos state will make it a criminal offence against the government if adequate security of lives and properties is not provided by the government of the state.
If i impregnate someone and i loose my job the next month, should i go and abort it or is Lagos paying stipend for unemployed.
and hope they have the money to run DNA for every pregnancy for i know that almost all men will deny if they can't afford to take care of the pregnancy and it will now boil down to that.
They should allow family matter to be family matter.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 28, 2012
Jakumo:

Odikwa serious. Let the truth be told.

I seriously hope that your excitement at anything with boo bs ends online. Lord only knows.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Excuzeme: 5:16am On Jun 28, 2012
mmizco: Kudos to Fashola govt for taking care of those heartless men, dat only knew how to enjoy a woman and dumped her in trouble time. I think d right thing is to sentence the offenders to death by hanging

Dumb posts like this should have been deleted!

So, when two adults(male and female) have intimacy...it is ONLY the MAN that is enjoying it?

Like the Yorubas will say "Lets call the mad man, "the husband", so he will allow us rest"! grin grin grin

Shiorrr!

BTW: A country that has no constant power supply, no database, no citizen identity number....and so on, wants to enforce pregnancy Law! shocked shocked
What if the "accused" simply moves from Lagos to...say Jigawa state?
What becomes of this idiotic law and the pregnancy?
Even Fashola, a SAN, should know that "unworkable and unenforceable laws" can worsen an already bad situation!

Simple solution: WOMEN, Keep your legs CLOSED, until after marriage! wink wink wink
Haahhaaa, dem no like that one! grin grin Dem wan phuck at age 14, dem no like make the man use condom (l like it skin-to-skin, as they say!)...Yet demno wan pregnant!
Abegii, Fashola would do better by giving them FREE PACKETS of Postinor 2!.....and just flogging the men with Koboko! shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by queensmith: 5:39am On Jun 28, 2012
Excuzeme:
Dumb posts like this should have been deleted!

So, when two adults(male and female) have intimacy...it is ONLY the MAN that is enjoying it?

Like the Yorubas will say "Lets call the mad man, "the husband", so he will allow us rest"! grin grin grin

Shiorrr!

BTW: A country that has no constant power supply, no database, no citizen identity number....and so on, wants to enforce pregnancy Law! shocked shocked
What if the "accused" simply moves from Lagos to...say Jigawa state?
What becomes of this idiotic law and the pregnancy?
Even Fashola, a SAN, should know that "unworkable and unenforceable laws" can worsen an already bad situation!

Simple solution: WOMEN, Keep your legs CLOSED, until after marriage! wink wink wink
Haahhaaa, dem no like that one! grin grin Dem wan phuck at age 14, dem no like make the man use condom (l like it skin-to-skin, as they say!)...Yet demno wan pregnant!
Abegii, Fashola would do better by giving them FREE PACKETS of Postinor 2!.....and just flogging the men with Koboko! shocked shocked

it's not as if you've made half the sense the poster you quoted made. Nigerian men pay alot of money for sex, there wouldn't be need to reward the women if the women were enjoying it? no?
Every body should be responsible for their actions, there is no way to justify abandoning your responsibilities. Especially when it involves a pregnant woman and an unborn child.

and I agree with you one thing, I don't know why the women bother I swear, the men aren't worth the trouble. Look at the way they treat and speak to their women? Why on earth will you get pregnant for that? It's ridiculous.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith:

it's not as if you've made half the sense the poster you quoted made. Nigerian men pay alot of money for sex, there wouldn't be need to reward the women if the women were enjoying it? no?
Every body should be responsible for their actions, there is no way to justify abandoning your responsibilities. Especially when it involves a pregnant woman and an unborn child.

and I agree with you one thing, I don't know why the women bother I swear, the men aren't worth the trouble. Look at the way they treat and speak to their women? Why on earth will you get pregnant for that? It's ridiculous.

First time I heard this one shocked

This explains shymmex's widened horizon
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by queensmith: 5:57am On Jun 28, 2012
Really? You don't hear how women use sexx back home for everything? hmmm.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith: Really? You don't hear how women use sexx back home for everything? hmmm.

"Pay a lot of money for sexx"?

Maybe campus girls?
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by queensmith: 6:11am On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

"Pay a lot of money for sexx"?

Maybe campus girls?

Sexx is a transaction back home- every woman is a potential prostitute.

Sex for grades, sex for hair, sex for credit. A financial reward is expected, that is generally the culture.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith:

Sexx is a transaction back home- every woman is a potential prostitute.

Sex for grades, sex for hair, sex for credit. A financial reward is expected, that is generally the culture.

ah ahnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

This one na exaggeration nau.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by queensmith: 6:17am On Jun 28, 2012
if you say so.
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith: if you say so.
lol smiley
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by humblebee: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Lets be careful o!!

This might just lead to girls getting pregnant for wealthy guys just to earn a living (salary babies) or an increase in abortions (which isnt legal hence is most likely to be dangerous)...

We are slowly walking towards the alimony system of the U.S and I dont like it... I aint ready to start paying Child support to my 4 baby mamas #just Saying!!
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by humblebee: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Lets be careful o!!

This might just lead to girls getting pregnant for wealthy guys just to earn a living (salary babies) or an increase in abortions (which isnt legal hence is most likely to be dangerous)...

We are slowly walking towards the alimony system of the U.S and I dont like it... I aint ready to start paying Child support to my 4 baby mamas #just Saying!!

only if the wealthy guys are brainless, can't they use their own head as long as this law exist. must they do it without condom if they don't want to pay
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by Arosa(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2012
Research into a 'male contraceptive pill' has been carried out since the 70s, and there is the possibility that both hormonal and non-hormonal methods of contraception for men (other than vasectomy or the condom) will be available within the next decade or so.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Male-contraceptive-pill/Pages/Introduction.aspx
So don't worry guys, help is on the way! grin

Regarding this proposed law, I think this is a great development, as it firmly establishes the responsibility for a pregnancy and the child that results from it to be that of both partners. This should encourage men to take more contraceptive responsibility, and will hopefully reduce the number of fatherless children, as well as the burden on the taxpayer (less fatherless children = smaller population).
Re: Lagos Criminalises Neglect Of Pregnant Women! by jpphilips(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
Eko Ile:

The technology is available and all over the place in Lagos. Lagos is not a cave in Afghanistan.

please where in Lagos can you find the technology to determine the paternity of a foetus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weapons Boko Haram Seized From Troops Vs Weapons Military Seized From Them / Nigeria Must Not Rely On Oil- Osinbajo / Shameless Nollywood Stars Protest Openly For Biafra PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.