Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,477 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain (22590 Views)

3 Things You May Be Doing On Facebook That Make People Dislike You Immediately / Three Things Microsoft Can’t Explain About Their Operating System / Windows Speed Secrets - Things Microsoft Doesn’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Xionez(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
Maleeq, why pour sand for OP's garri na?
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
can someone pls explain what M&V is, and pls how do I start a new thread, urgent plz.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by bigsam360(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
see guros in actn... Pls teach me more o!
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Ojobojo1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
Maleeq i no fit shout,u just harsh gan but u 4 wait small na
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
shocked Choi!! Supu! Bekee wu agbara!!
Life was much simpler with those calculators dat had only +,-,=,÷ and 'on/off'
Damn u all for complicating it.

Abeg anyone de wen we go use see the force headquarters bomb? I sabi d pLate number of d car...
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by elvisimeh(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
soe: Ma'leak' will leak al d secrets of your company ooo....lol....
But seriously i dont agree with maleeq atallllll....all dese are signs of d end tym...microsoft machine is a spy on al homes..it shows dat evrythin we do on our computer is spyin on our lives,our homes...we r not safe...dis is what d christians call beast of no nature...d muslims call DAJJAL..d one eyed beats...now we all check facebook more dan we read bible or quran...dia ar so many hidden things dat dese computer stuff does on us or can do by just a command sent from bill gates...see d name..."bill gate" bill-payment for service..."gate"- entry to d good or d evil world...think abt it...pls nobody shud abuse me o
u were anticipating d insults already because u know u sounded so much like a dumb-as*
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by yeye4live(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
GUYS SEE WAT I FOUND OUT WIT THE 3RD STURF, GUESS OW I DID IT

( Magic #3
Am sure you all know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two WTC towers in U.S by Osama on 9/11 was Q33N. In Notepad / WordPad or Microsoft Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N. Increase the font size to 72 then Change the font to Wingdings, You will be amazed by the Findings, You should see the Picture of a Plane, 2 Tower Building and a Symbol meaning Danger.. This has actually been in existence even before the Incident.. Microsoft should be able to explain this. )

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Ninilowo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
Maleeq: No biggie. Its a known tradition that programmers/developers add "Easter Eggs" to applications.

These are hidden features that don't necessarily add features to the application. But they are kinda cool. Google it out, do you know there are hidden car racing games in lower versions of excel??

There are several reserved keywords in Windows. The restriction isn't a mistake/magic that, as you claim, even Microsoft cant explain. Ofcourse they put it there to avoid conflict. The CON is a DOS reserved keyword that was brought forward into Windows. CON is used to specify the device file used to capture whatever was printed onscreen.

And oh yes, you can create the folder. You have to specify the UNC (Universal Naming Convention) path though. Try it:
Open the Command prompt by clicking Start -> Run and typing cmd
Enter: C:\> md \\.\c:\con and press the ENTER key.
Now, Open My Computer and browse through the path where you created CON folder... Surprising.. ?? Yeah.. you have created it successfully

Now, try to delete the folder from My computer. OOPS!!! You cant delete it...

Now, try this in command prompt console

C:\> rd \\.\c:\con

Yeah!! You did it...
Check this link for other names you cant use: Restricted File Names On Windows/DOS

Another hoax. They put it there to create "Filler texts" in a document. Not just the numbers (200, 99), try any combination.
Typing =rand(X,Y) (with numbers for X and Y) results in X paragraphs of Y repetitions of the sentence.
For example, =rand(10,10) will produce ten paragraphs, each with ten repetitions. Microsoft has officially described this as a feature and not an Easter egg.
While you are at it, try =rand() and see the "magic"

Wingdings font is all about symbols (characters to symbols), it was developed by Microsoft in 1990 and since then it has been a part of every text editor by Microsoft. Its no magic or hoax, but an amazing coincidence.
The magic is valid, but the flight number is a lie, those are not the flight numbers of the one that hit Twin Towers. The flight numbers were United Airlines Flight 175 and American Airlines flight 11. These, if shortened, would be UA175 and AA11. Q33N is just an interesting coincidence in notepad.

Neeeeeeeext!

OMG!
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by maingwaest(f): 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Breeze don blow,fowl yansh don open.@ OP sorry o @ Maleeq u re d man.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by toluxa1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
[size=16pt]What is all these praising of Maleeq for 3 pages. I can't believe nobody has figured out that every single thing he typed was actually copied from the internet. Copy any sentence he typed and paste it in google and see for yourself e.g http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_in_Microsoft_products

Na wa for una o. Him too go they feel like programmer. lol[/size]

And as for OP, Microsoft sure knows every detail of those. Plus those things have been on the internet for ages nw. I saw the twin tower thing like 4 years aggo
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by pawesome(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Maleeq: No biggie. Its a known tradition that programmers/developers add "Easter Eggs" to applications.

These are hidden features that don't necessarily add features to the application. But they are kinda cool. Google it out, do you know there are hidden car racing games in lower versions of excel??

There are several reserved keywords in Windows. The restriction isn't a mistake/magic that, as you claim, even Microsoft cant explain. Ofcourse they put it there to avoid conflict. The CON is a DOS reserved keyword that was brought forward into Windows. CON is used to specify the device file used to capture whatever was printed onscreen.

And oh yes, you can create the folder. You have to specify the UNC (Universal Naming Convention) path though. Try it:
Now, Open My Computer and browse through the path where you created CON folder... Surprising.. ?? Yeah.. you have created it successfully

Yeah!! You did it...
Check this link for other names you cant use: Restricted File Names On Windows/DOS

Another hoax. They put it there to create "Filler texts" in a document. Not just the numbers (200, 99), try any combination.
Typing =rand(X,Y) (with numbers for X and Y) results in X paragraphs of Y repetitions of the sentence.
For example, =rand(10,10) will produce ten paragraphs, each with ten repetitions. Microsoft has officially described this as a feature and not an Easter egg.

Wingdings font is all about symbols (characters to symbols), it was developed by Microsoft in 1990 and since then it has been a part of every text editor by Microsoft. Its no magic or hoax, but an amazing coincidence.
The magic is valid, but the flight number is a lie, those are not the flight numbers of the one that hit Twin Towers. The flight numbers were United Airlines Flight 175 and American Airlines flight 11. These, if shortened, would be UA175 and AA11. Q33N is just an interesting coincidence in notepad.

Neeeeeeeext!
o boy,na fight...c as u̶̲̥̅̊​ jst clear dis guy thought...at least u̶̲̥̅̊​ 4 jst leave am mk him shine small na...nw u̶̲̥̅̊​ hv taken ova his shine....SMH..kuddos bro
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by flashit(f): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
toluxa1: [size=16pt]What is all these praising of Maleeq for 3 pages. I can't believe nobody has figured out that every single thing he typed was actually copied from the internet. Copy any sentence he typed and paste it in google and see for yourself e.g http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_in_Microsoft_products

And as for OP, Microsoft sure knows every detail of those. Plus those things have been on the internet for ages nw. I saw the twin tower thing like 4 years aggo

Maleeq your 15 mins of fame don over! grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Landy101(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
Posh
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by kristonium(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
@maleek,
i rember my schl days.when somebody dust a seemingly difficult question,some of d students will be cheering,'iwe, iwe,iwe,iwe..!' and others will be hailing 'iwin,iwin,iwin..!'
u equally reminded me of Schrodinger in Atomic Physics, d guy dat dusted the theories of Rutherford, Bohr etc.
keep up d gud works!
@toluxa1
even if copied,still give him the kudos for knowing where n how to copy it.
its no mean feat!

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by sample042(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2012

Yeah!! You did it...

Neeeeeeeext!

U 3much!
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by 3kay945(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Mzsolex: can someone pls explain what M&V is, and pls how do I start a new thread, urgent plz.
am interested in knowing the meaning too
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by FEMARY(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
;DMaleeq has saved us from this stress. ;DMaleeq has saved us from this stress.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
toluxa1: [size=16pt]What is all these praising of Maleeq for 3 pages. I can't believe nobody has figured out that every single thing he typed was actually copied from the internet. Copy any sentence he typed and paste it in google and see for yourself e.g http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_in_Microsoft_products

There is something called transformer- go and give it a hug

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2012

flash_it:

Maleeq your 15 mins of fame don over! grin

lol. Nairaland, u badt gan.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2012
Ojobojo1: This are 3 Things or Magic that MICROSOFT Could not Explain to Us! TRY this out & Pls Share your Candid Opinion by Posting your Comments.

MAGIC #1
Found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON" without the Quotes. This is something funny and inexplicable? At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened! TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON" FOLDER. After Trying it, I thought it's Impossible to Create a Folder with 3 letters but i was able to create many Folders with just 3 letters but CON, No way.

MAGIC #2
Again this is something funny and can't be explained? At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened! It was discovered by a Brazilian Programmer. Try it out yourself? Open Microsoft Word and type "=rand (200, 99)" without Quotes And then press ENTER, Wait and see the magic! Is this a Bug or What??

Magic #3
Am sure you all know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two WTC towers in U.S by Osama on 9/11 was Q33N. In Notepad / WordPad or Microsoft Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N. Increase the font size to 72 then Change the font to Wingdings, You will be amazed by the Findings, You should see the Picture of a Plane, 2 Tower Building and a Symbol meaning Danger.. This has actually been in existence even before the Incident.. Microsoft should be able to explain this.

Microsoft should be able to explain this.
Change Q33N to Q33M and you'll see something even more shocking! I bet if it was Q33M it'd be more significant than what it is already. Mere coincidence as far as I can tell undecided
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Joe50(m): 1:04am On Jun 28, 2012
Beside those who did not know that the boss of microsoft comapny 'Bill Gate' is a member of illuminati, W Bush also is a member too.

U must understand that these people that event great things have no power of their their own but depends on gods.

Isaac Newton of physics is a great member of illuminati.

They got all these powers so that they can event things and make money and names worldwide.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by mulumele(m): 1:10am On Jun 28, 2012
The op almost CONned us with the CON thing.Thank Maleek for CONtinous CONdemnation of the CONcoction and putting us in a better CONdition.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 28, 2012
Ojobojo1: This are 3 Things or Magic that MICROSOFT Could not Explain to Us! TRY this out & Pls Share your Candid Opinion by Posting your Comments.

MAGIC #1
Found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON" without the Quotes. This is something funny and inexplicable? At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened! TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON" FOLDER. After Trying it, I thought it's Impossible to Create a Folder with 3 letters but i was able to create many Folders with just 3 letters but CON, No way.

[b]MAGIC #2
Again this is something funny and can't be explained? At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened! It was discovered by a Brazilian Programmer. Try it out yourself? Open Microsoft Word and type "=rand (200, 99)" without Quotes And then press ENTER, Wait and see the magic! Is this a Bug or What??

Magic #3
Am sure you all know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two WTC towers in U.S by Osama on 9/11 was Q33N. In Notepad / WordPad or Microsoft Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N. Increase the font size to 72 then Change the font to Wingdings, You will be amazed by the Findings, You should see the Picture of a Plane, 2 Tower Building and a Symbol meaning Danger.. This has actually been in existence even before the Incident.. Microsoft should be able to explain this.

Microsoft should be able to explain this.[/b]

The truth is that No2 & 3 don't have any effect in Windows 8, most especially, when using Notepad++. So, those two are not magics.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 28, 2012
sauer:
Change Q33N to Q33M and you'll see something even more shocking! I bet if it was Q33M it'd be more significant than what it is already. Mere coincidence as far as I can tell undecided
Sorry that doesn't have effect in Windows 8
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Ruq: 2:39am On Jun 28, 2012
Maleeq must be feeling dope now. Kudoz to you bro. wish i could do sumfin like that.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 28, 2012
Ruq: Maleeq must be feeling dope now. Kudoz to you bro. wish i could do sumfin like that.
He Googled on it.
It is something that has been around for long dude.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Ruq: 2:48am On Jun 28, 2012
Not bad at all.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Ruq: 2:52am On Jun 28, 2012
all4naija: He Googled on it.
It is something that has been around for long dude.

now i see, OMG it as actually been for ages.

But maleek hasn't even acknowlegded any of the hailings i guess he's already feeling guilty.
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by OlaAjia(m): 5:37am On Jun 28, 2012
I've followed this thread with fondness and if anything, this thread is like a metaphor for the recent fuel subsidy scandal, @Ojobojo1 as a personification of the monumental scammers that were the petroleum marketers, @Maleeq being Farcrook Lawan with a short lived fame for exposing the fraud, while @toluxa1 is Ote$ for exposing @maleeq's apparent knowledge (since he didn't acknowledge the source) as a fraud itself.

An important lesson on the dynamics of the social facet of fraud.

Una just dey use katakata to burst una bobul *with thick ibo accent* smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by dabigwalls: 5:45am On Jun 28, 2012

Yeah!! You did it...

Neeeeeeeext!

Maleeq - the REAL illuminati!!! 10likes for OP - mine made 38likes for Maleeq. The Maleeqites have it!
Saw this stuff much earlier and even bamboozled some with it but once I was a sinner, but now I am saved!
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Smeagol(m): 6:53am On Jun 28, 2012
Ruq:

now i see, OMG it as actually been for ages.

But he hasn't even acknowlegded any of the hailings i guess he's already feeling guilty.
Maybe cos he isn't exactly gloating about it! Just people hovering over it! Besides, in his post, he said "Google it" and he never took credits for it directly; People only inferred it.

Anyway, google or not, he saved peeps the time of piecing the information themselves. Like me, with limited data bundle, googling and visiting whatever pages he sourced it from zaps my data. But hey, i have it all here, thanks to him! Kudos bro!
Re: 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain by Cyberconnect12: 7:18am On Jun 28, 2012
Hmmn... Na true ooo... Microsoft pls provide answer to this question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easily Tether Or Share Your Simple Server Or Psiphon Connection To Other Phones / "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest / What Do You Normally Use To Clean Your Laptop Screen ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.