Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon (16888 Views)

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles / Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Greek Athlete Thrown Out Over Racist Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by ACM10: 12:59am On Jul 02, 2012
queensmith:

He's ghanian by ethnicity? doesnt that count? He probably didnt want to. and see now the italians are disrespecting him.

That will make him look like an ingrate. Remember that the Mrs Balloteli picked him up from Ghananian orphanage at a very tender age, cared and nurtured him to adulthood. Got him enrolled to Inter Milan football academy. Only for him to pay her back by abandoning Italy to play for Ghana. It doesn't sound right
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Ivynwa(f): 1:31am On Jul 02, 2012
I was supporting Italy and wishing them to win, part of my wish is for the Balotelli fella to reach super stardom in the crowning of it all. He worked hard for his team and I didn't like that Spain subdued and beat them like that without leaving some modicum of pride for them.
As per the cartoon, the racist cartoonist should be shrugged off the shoulder---Some people just can't be happy for others when their set time arrive, they will rather hate.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Fulaman198(m): 1:48am On Jul 02, 2012
He's not a Ghana guy if he changes his name to an Italian name for no reason. What kind of African forgets their roots by changing their name to a Euro name.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by igbo2011(m): 5:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Olodostein:

I get your point. We may disagree as tribes which is natural and engage in healthy competition and heated debate. But I suppose we don't see or label a whole group of other tribe to be on par with animals.

I can find myself in the middle of a village of another tribe and won't be beaten to death because of where i come from. There is a high possibility that you could be crippled by venturing into an Italian village or some crackers town because you look different.

You don't know what that young man is going through. If you had been thrown bananas a number of times and the authorities turns a blind eye or give light punishment, then you would know what you are up against. Ask Samuel Eto too. If he were jewish, them jews will make sure the newspaper pay through their nose. But in our own case, everyone turns a blind eye and the madness continues.

If you wanna know how them crackers find this funny. Just go to any comment sections of newspaper that printed this story and read what average fake smiling cracker on the street thinks about you. It seems like it runs in their gene.

Besides, my black African brother can call me all sorts of names but let no damned cracker try it in my face or else will get Zidane's head butt.

I don't condone violence but you are very intellectual Olodostein so debate intellectually and they will respect and fear you. THat is the best comeback.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Cusubaba(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2012
ACM10:

Ol boy! u bad o grin Your own case is a severe form of kiss and tell. You went ahead to list all the chic data. Well we all love such stories. grin Anyway I looked her up on facebook and came up with this chic as the one who is remotely close to your description.

facebook.com/yvonne.akotoamoakohene

Yvonne Akoto Amoakohene
Is she the one? cheesy
hahahaha.... Guy na wa 4 u ooo,ur fast ooo, i check it on facebook and she is not the one, she is not even on facebook.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by stepo707: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2012
whites and racsicm.smh
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2012
igbo2011:

I don't condone violence but you are very intellectual Olodostein so debate intellectually and they will respect and fear you. THat is the best comeback.

LOL. I understand what you mean bro and you are right to some extent. But you see, there are some very crazy people out there that would want to intimidate and hurt you for no just cause. They don't understand pure Reason and the non voilent language. So you just have to protect yourself in self defence. I and a friend have been severely attacked by skinheads, so i know where I am Coming from.

After travelling around, no place like home. Experience seems to be the best teacher. LOL.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Basildon1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
Let's stop being oversensitive - there is nothing racist about the cartoon!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by UyiIredia(m): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
Hmmmn.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by samkoro: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
damilola15: It depends on the way you see it.
1. - King Kong dominating the British since Big Ben is synonymous with Britain.

2. - It is racist to depict a black person as a monkey/ape/gorilla/chipanzee (whatever).

My discerning mind sees it both ways.

Is climbing a symbol of domination or a way of life of certain animals?Humans do not climb to show dominance..That cartoon is strictly synonymous with the chimpanzee in king kong.

Media houses should be sanctioned for any racist innuendo
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
Cusubaba: Look at dis bastard, go and ask ur Ghanaian girls why they go crazy about Nigerian guys. Am not rich but I have Bleep not less than 95 ghanaian girls and am tired of eating their money. The one am fucking now is a nurse and she called me 100 times a day. She is giving half of her salary every month. she told me dat ghanaian men have short penis and they are not good in bed. She said am handsome with long penis and am good in bed.
hahahahahahahaha i yaff laff die
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
horny4u:

I hate it when Ugly people ...call some one else ugly....LOW IT man ...low it!!!
lol horny4m0ron tongue
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by igbo2011(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2012
Olodostein:

LOL. I understand what you mean bro and you are right to some extent. But you see, there are some very crazy people out there that would want to intimidate and hurt you for no just cause. They don't understand pure Reason and the non voilent language. So you just have to protect yourself in self defence. I and a friend have been severely attacked by skinheads, so i know where I am Coming from.

After travelling around, no place like home. Experience seems to be the best teacher. LOL.

Lol ok nevermind then. I agree self defence is very important. If tey try and physically attack you then fight back. But it can be dangerous on the streets man. One time I saw some guy trying to fight another and one guy was carrying a srewdriver. So it can get very dangerous, so i just use my mind and intellectually debate them and they actaully fear me and respect me.

On one of your earlier posts you said sme Egyptians called you an abeed and you told them to go back across the red sea. They respect and fear smart blacks.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 03, 2012
igbo2011:

Lol ok nevermind then. I agree self defence is very important. If tey try and physically attack you then fight back. But it can be dangerous on the streets man. One time I saw some guy trying to fight another and one guy was carrying a srewdriver. So it can get very dangerous, so i just use my mind and intellectually debate them and they actaully fear me and respect me.

On one of your earlier posts you said sme Egyptians called you an abeed and you told them to go back across the red sea. They respect and fear smart blacks.

Yea. Arabs will never get physical with you. They may mock you and if you know your stuff, they respect and give you your space.

The skinhead incident happened in Europe. They are dreaded and will pounce on you out of the blue. They suffer from a phobia and violence gives them a sense of satisfaction and some sort of "superiority". So one just have to be careful.

I don't condone violence. Just that I can't fathom why a human being would pounce on another human being for no just cause. So one has to what to do whatever is necessary. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Juventus One Of The Best Teams In Europe" - Romelu Lukaku / Bruno Fernandes Awarded Man United's Player Of The Year / Dennis Emmanuel Ranked 4th Most In-Form Player In Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.