Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? (15132 Views)

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by ayobase(m): 5:28am On Jun 30, 2012
nikkyshyne: It was just recently I observed the difference between using a blender and a grinding machine. A friend came visiting and she knew I used the blender for the stew. She told me the grinding machine is better as it ensures all ingredients are well blended/grinded. Hence tasting better.

C'mon, hw can grinding stone taste better. Don't knw why some people believe local methods of cooking is the best. Just like how some people said firewood gives a better taste.

I laff!

Was ur judgement based on experience?
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by rezzy: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2012
Spirit of Okija: The sweetness of a stew depends on the cook, not the utensils or equipment used..

Moreover, grinding stone dey add stone to food.

supported!!!
Spice ur beef or fish very well and allow d tomatoes to dry very well, whether u use grinding stone or not, ur stew will be tasty.
Poverty been make me think grinding stone is better, but now i knw better
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by Clemzy16(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2012
Grinding stone Noni!
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by ayobase(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2012
rezzy:

supported!!!
Spice ur beef or fish very well and allow d tomatoes to dry very well, whether u use grinding stone or not, ur stew will be tasty.
Poverty been make me think grinding stone is better, but now i knw better

And grinding stone wouldnt need ''Spice ur beef or fish very well and allow d tomatoes to dry very well.......''
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by deols(f): 9:47am On Jun 30, 2012
blender anyday anytime. Anyone knows grinder by malex? it is way better than the usual blender. It does your beans(for moin moin and akara) without you needing to add too much water and your tatashe, etc without water added. with this u can get what that stone grinder would give you.
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by poweredcom(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2012
Omo na griding stone my mama dey use when I small if no be say as boiz don big come advance she still like her stone oo and again grinding machine is still ok sha but that yeye blender is rubbish tasteless
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by UmmRumy(f): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2012
Grinding stone may make ur stews tastier but come on! That's why d blender was invented- to make life easier abi who likes suffer head?
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by PrettyCindy(f): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
Grinding stone is ok if you want to prepare stew for ofada rice or local tomato stew for yam. The tomato and other ingredients won't be completely smooth and you get that traditonal taste.

Market engine is not bad only that the person grinding your stuffs ends up pouring too many water into the tomatoe and most of the ingredients like onion, tatashe and pepper gets stuck inside the engine and the engine operator will tell you that the only way to bring them out is to "flush" them out with water. So at the end of the day, you end up with transparent blended tomato. I remember back in my university days after blending tomato, we use sieve to drain off excess water and of course end up draining away nutrients!

Blender tops all because of convenience, you control the amount of water you add, the neatness, time and energy saving, the smoothness of the end product (you can control that too, if you don't want completely smooth paste). Only the down side of blender is electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by zobay(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
C'mon, hw can grinding stone taste better. Don't knw why some people believe local methods of cooking is the best. Just like how some people said firewood gives a better taste.

Gbammmmmmmmm
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by bolorunfem(f): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Use grinding stone and have your hands smarting for hours afterwards! Use blender and eat pepper & tomato seeds unblended! (does anyone know of a blender brand that grinds the seeds?)
Use machine and (the best, to me though) end up with black grease/oil leakage into your precious pepper shocked shocked

By the way, do those of you outside Nigeria have access to Grinding Machines over there, like in the market place or at one Mama Rashida's shop/house grin in the neighbourhood. Just curious wink
Re: Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? by franca30(f): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2012
Grindn stone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recipe For Ofada Rice / What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? / Ways To Catch A Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.