Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? (15119 Views)

You've Been Throwing Out The Healthiest Part Of Avocados Your Entire Life / Whats The Healthiest Nigerian Food ? / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by firestar(f): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2008
Hello All.

I am pretty concerned by the cooking oil used in cuisine nowadays.

So, for the benefit of health, contributions on this thread will be acknowledged.

Thanks!

Firestar.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by firestar(f): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2008
Olive oil.

The most recommended especially for those with heart problems. It is known for longevity.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by AmakaOne(f): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2008
For Nigerian cooking I generally use Carotino oil. it gives food the rich colour without the health risks.

Otherwise i use olive oil or Canola oil depending on what I'm cooking.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Exstar(f): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2008
Gino oil or Kings.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by chika98: 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
I second Olive oil
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:46am On Oct 14, 2008
EVOO. . . . cool

Extra Virgin Olive Oil,. . . . . . . thanks to my dear Rachel Ray, love her show . . . . .Thirty Mins Meals. smiley
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by damiso(f): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2008
olive oil but since so expensive and might not spread in nija cuisine ,i use sunflower or cotton seed oil which has less cholestrol than vegetable or groundnut oil.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Em2va: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2008
olive oil only!! da besterest
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by janami(f): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2008
kings. but wen i was in the northern part, i had to use pure groundnut oil. They said it was more nutritious with no chemicals and stuff, but i dnt know how true that is.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by mohawkchic(f): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2008
~Olive Oil & Sunflower Oil~
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Busybody2(f): 2:08am On Oct 17, 2008
Canola oil, Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Flax seed oil, though it is always advised not to use Olive oil to fry food. In general, avoid overheating whatever oil you decide to use.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Gamine(f): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
Olive oil is expensive in naija.

Sunflower is ok.

Groundnut oil is generally used

Vegetable oil n palm oil too
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Fancier(f): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2009
Although we use turkey, kings, or sonula oil but am intrested in this olive oil.
@ firestar and chika98

is it the type in small bottles(those used in churches ) or their is a special one

can someone reply me please wink
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by TINAOGE: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2009
I use Grand vegetable oil because it has no cholesterol.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Shaz(f): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2009
Sunflower oil
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Nwaka77: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2009
Olive oil
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Treetop20(m): 5:05am On Jan 17, 2009
olive oil stored in a cool, dark place
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by finiky: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2009
Palm oil ! cos its rich in VITAMIN A

www.eat-clean-dietnow..com
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Moyola(f): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
Any oil provided it's Cholesterol free.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Epi: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2009
Olive oil. Expensive but worth it
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Biabeke(f): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2009
For everyone's information, natural palm oil does not contain cholesterol. Palm oil contains vegetable fat. Cholesterol is only present in animal fat. I can prove this, because I am a Food Science and Chemistry major. So enjoy your palm oil without guilt or fear of coronary thrombosis. kiss
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by PHARMTOKI(f): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
soy oil is one of the best sice it contains mostly unsaturated fat and helps reduce cholesterol level
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by tRoOE(f): 2:37am On Jan 28, 2009
Olive Oil but the thing is very expensive
I just canola oil sha
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Epi: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2009
tRoOE:

Olive Oil but the thing is very expensive
I just canola oil sha

hahahha Lol. grin grin grin. I like the honesty in you
Yes, I buy Olive oil for my personal use but when I am cooking for others I use canola (cholesterol free) oil. If I use Olive Oil for catering, no one a go buy from me.

One love
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by iice(f): 2:56pm On Jan 28, 2009
Carotino oil and olive oil.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Pepeye(f): 7:18am On Jan 29, 2009
vegetable oil n olive oil
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by kritikul(f): 4:28pm On May 09, 2009
Fancier:

Although we use turkey, kings, or sonula oil but am intrested in this olive oil.
@ firestar and chika98

is it the type in small bottles(those used in churches ) or their is a special one

can someone reply me please wink

Please someone should answer us naw. I too want to know
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:34pm On May 09, 2009
^

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I suggest you dont use "church anointing oil" to cook.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 09, 2009
Bertolli olive oil but if you cant afford it then use sunflower oil
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:44am On May 14, 2009
sun flower oil, soy oil, palm oil and olive oil.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:37pm On May 14, 2009
palm oil isnt healthy.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:43pm On May 14, 2009
Really i thought they said it was good for the eyes? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recipe For Ofada Rice / Ways To Catch A Chicken / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Fish Roll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.