Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa (9790 Views)

Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Lamborghini Aventador £300,000 Car In Abuja / Car Made Out Of Basket In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by texazzpete(m): 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
pato405:
for crying out loud, undergraduates in Africa may know next to nothing but they surely can do better. i'm not a mechanical engineering student but I'm sure with some rubber tubes and steel foil, I can panel beat metals and weld them together, spray it up and have something more presentable. grin

So why are you not doing it? Why aren't you selling your wondrous vehicles for money instead of making brainless comments on Nairaland? Talk has always been cheap.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by pato405(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
texazzpete:

The tragic thing is, you have no idea how m0r0nic you truly are.

As a poster above said, Someone saw a problem and came forward with a solution. I don't see what brainless dolts like yourself are doing. As it stands, people in his target market are extremely happy with the low cost vehicle.

Sometimes i think attitudes like these are Freudian slips and most likely stem from low self esteem.

No. What i wonder is which school did you go to and if you can obtain a refund for your deficient 'education'. Even a well honed SS3 student would see the part where the manufacturer says he gets a lot of local interest and inquiries as to where the vehicles can be purchased. Does that not signify and understanding of his target market?

There are a billion and one luxury vehicle showrooms in Africa. You m0r0ns fail to understand that hundreds of millions of Africans cannot afford many of these vehicles...so cheaper and functional alternatives are a boon to the poor populace.

Perhaps you also get angry that cheap chinese phones and $40 Nokia phones are being bought by tens of millions of poor Africans instead of your beloved Blackberries and iPhones?

so, it has come to the point where lousy lummox like you no longer have any iota of shame in publicising their nincompopery angry angry angry. you are busy quoting the sales gimmick of whosoever manufactured this ramshackle in the name of emancipating 'Africa' from dire need of locomotives. guy, you are a certified fooool. you wear an oversized cloak and cap of stu.pidity well sown to befit your diminutuve brain if you have any at all. what is cheaper about $6000? does the sloppy made ramshackle you see up there strike you as anything with safety features? why must Africa be the dumping ground at all times? what gives you the impression that Africans can't do better for themselves? must you always rely on them? for how long? m0roon!
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by pato405(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
texazzpete:

So why are you not doing it? Why aren't you selling your wondrous vehicles for money instead of making brainless comments on Nairaland? Talk has always been cheap.

another nitwit on the loose. grin grin grin. whatever is made by a 'white man' is ok! booty lickers. ask yourselves if that jalopy can be sold elsewhere? they should go sell it in Europe or Australia. if it's not road worthy there, then it's by no means road worthy in Africa. Africa doesn't want anything less ! PERIOD! cost of production is cheap excuse.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by virgo(f): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
texazzpete:

The tragic thing is, you have no idea how m0r0nic you truly are.

As a poster above said, Someone saw a problem and came forward with a solution. I don't see what brainless dolts like yourself are doing. As it stands, people in his target market are extremely happy with the low cost vehicle.

Sometimes i think attitudes like these are Freudian slips and most likely stem from low self esteem.

No. What i wonder is which school did you go to and if you can obtain a refund for your deficient 'education'. Even a well honed SS3 student would see the part where the manufacturer says he gets a lot of local interest and inquiries as to where the vehicles can be purchased. Does that not signify and understanding of his target market?

There are a billion and one luxury vehicle showrooms in Africa. You m0r0ns fail to understand that hundreds of millions of Africans cannot afford many of these vehicles...so cheaper and functional alternatives are a boon to the poor populace.

Perhaps you also get angry that cheap chinese phones and $40 Nokia phones are being bought by tens of millions of poor Africans instead of your beloved Blackberries and iPhones?

You would have made a lot of sense if you didn't hurl insults around freely. Just how old are you again? Last time I checked people are entitled to their opinions and that is why you see people differ on the article without getting their pants in a knot. Want to see a real m0r0n? Look in the mirror.

2 Likes

Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by virgo(f): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
pato405:

another nitwit on the loose. grin grin grin. whatever is made by a 'white man' is ok! booty lickers. ask yourselves if that jalopy can be sold elsewhere? they should go sell it in Europe or Australia. if it's not road worthy there, then it's by no means road worthy in Africa. Africa doesn't want anything less ! PERIOD! cost of production is cheap excuse.

And the people said Amen! grin

1 Like

Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
Autonov 12. grin
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by hagma37yahoocom: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
the earodynamic design of the car will make it consume more fuel due air resistance so let Mr inventor put back those basic shape they are not for luxery.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by dasparrow: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
I doubt the safety of that rickety car I just saw in the picture. Even if I was a living in Kenya, I will not be buying that kind of a car. I will rather trek by foot than enter some suicidal car made by some money greedy oyibo. I can bet that the car is not fuel efficient either so who are we kidding? But as usual, oyibo arse lickers will jump and clap hands like a bunch of monkeys that were given a banana. Disgusting!
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by virgo(f): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
dasparrow: I doubt the safety of that rickety car I just saw in the picture. Even if I was a living in Kenya, I will not be buying that kind of a car. I will rather trek by foot than enter some suicidal car made by some money greedy oyibo. I can bet that the car is not fuel efficient either so who are we kidding? But as usual, oyibo arse lickers will jump and clap hands like a bunch of monkeys that were given a banana. Disgusting!

Amen again. grin
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
pDude: Autonov 12. grin
Lol... There is a hole already in my rib cage! You must be used to Russian products! grin grin grin
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
Truly, that vehicle would be good for Safari only. Maybe it can provide safety against lions and other wild animals. Bwahahaha...
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Dondbuzor: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
47vids.com:
The day we start manufacturing our car brand names will be the day Nigeria has woken up...but for now...lets ride in the jallopy they made for us..47vids.com
Try and read about innoson motors before making a dumb post such as dis next tiime.
Just because u ve access to d internet doesn't mean u should always spew some dumb shiit.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by samkoro: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
gitsaro:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18607443

White man and his cun.This is yet another racist ploy to stereotype Africans and make them not to border about improving their roads.

This also implies that such huge investment on the car factory must yeild profit for the investors via keeping African roads bad so that the cars could sell
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by texazzpete(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
pato405:

so, it has come to the point where lousy lummox like you no longer have any iota of shame in publicising their nincompopery angry angry angry. you are busy quoting the sales gimmick of whosoever manufactured this ramshackle in the name of emancipating 'Africa' from dire need of locomotives. guy, you are a certified fooool. you wear an oversized cloak and cap of stu.pidity well sown to befit your diminutuve brain if you have any at all. what is cheaper about $6000? does the sloppy made ramshackle you see up there strike you as anything with safety features? why must Africa be the dumping ground at all times? what gives you the impression that Africans can't do better for themselves? must you always rely on them? for how long? m0roon!

You brainless ox. Who said anything about 'emancipating Africa'? Someone saw an opportunity to make a difference and make a living at the same time. He created a product that is making a difference and retailing for a fraction of the price of established brands. Why is your inferiority complex getting in the way of your common sense?

The 'sloppy ramshackle' you deride based on one picture has actually been seen and admired by the prospective customers in person. And they liked it! So what the frag is your problem with that?

All over Africa other people are making a difference. As we speak Bill gates has sunk in billions of dollars to research cures for Malaria, Tuberculosis and other illnesses. Are you going to whine about racism then? I don't give a damn about the color of the skin of the person making a difference, as long as a difference is being made somewhere. get that through your thick skull.

1 Like

Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by texazzpete(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
samkoro:

White man and his cun.This is yet another racist ploy to stereotype Africans and make them not to border about improving their roads.

This also implies that such huge investment on the car factory must yeild profit for the investors via keeping African roads bad so that the cars could sell

Did you even read the article?!
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by omoredia: 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
That's why these westerners are far better than us. He came to africa saw a problem and has tried to fix things and improve the lives of people the little way he can. We nigerians what have we done to make things beta for the next man? we are all here sayin crazy stupid stuff bt can't do nothing to make things beta, how pathetic! pin:25F09CFB
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by peterugoobi(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
china still make the cheapest cars it is only a matter of time before someone expoits that niche.he may have ruggedity going for him now,but it is only a matter of time before the produce even rugged carp that are also affordable. Yes the high customs duty may be a "barrier-to-entry" for potential chinese company. But the can leverage by importing more cars at a time and achieve what economist term economics-of-scale;which distributes the cost over many product making the effect lesser.

On a second note, l see him staying in business for a very long time, since the closet alternative is still out of reach for most of the populace

His greatest weakness is propable durability,which can be managed with good R&grin

To be honest l aggree with BBC, the market is extremely rich. I won't be suprise if this man ranks top 50 richest Africa in the near future,since majority of kenya can't even aford second hand car thus fall into is target market
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by pato405(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
texazzpete:

You brainless ox. Who said anything about 'emancipating Africa'? Someone saw an opportunity to make a difference and make a living at the same time. He created a product that is making a difference and retailing for a fraction of the price of established brands. Why is your inferiority complex getting in the way of your common sense?

The 'sloppy ramshackle' you deride based on one picture has actually been seen and admired by the prospective customers in person. And they liked it! So what the frag is your problem with that?

All over Africa other people are making a difference. As we speak Bill gates has sunk in billions of dollars to research cures for Malaria, Tuberculosis and other illnesses. Are you going to whine about racism then? I don't give a damn about the color of the skin of the person making a difference, as long as a difference is being made somewhere. get that through your thick skull.

I can't just fathom why your likes were not born during the slave trade era. a mirror or a pair flip-flop would have made a better replacement for you. I would gladly trade you in for such paltry gift. sit down and do some thinking. that's the problem with majority in Africa - thinking! thinking capacity is way less than zero! ask yourselves questions. the moment you realise that this shenanigans are out for their own gains, the better for you. these guys are capitalists - capitalising on every given opportunity to eke out wealth for themselves. this jalopy is way less than $6000, I'm sure it's not any where near $2000. have you considered the road worthiness of this wild cat-trap? whosoever manufactures this contraption in first world countries will be sued grin. but it's always GOOD ENOUGH for Africa. Yes! bring it on, no matter how sub-standard it is, Africans will celebrate it. they'll patronise you because they are the world's most miserable people and ready to take whatever garbage you sell to them. how long shall we continue like this? manufacturing this jalopy is no rocket science. if Africans organise themselves, even JSS3 integrated science students/jets club group can do better than this flimsy locomotive you are busy gloating about. saying that its the best for Africans because they have no good roads is more like adding salt to injury. meaning ..there's no need to embark on projects to develop our roads because the kind of tractors we deserve are here abi? and you are busy blabbing on NL supporting them na wa o! guy you dumb sha.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by miky(m): 4:02am On Jul 01, 2012
47vids.com:
The day we start manufacturing our car brand names will be the day Nigeria has woken up...but for now...lets ride in the jallopy they made for us..47vids.com

were u this positive for the innoson motors made by nigerians?? or anything oyinbo make is gold??
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by maclatunji: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2012
I am with texazzpete on this one. Thumbs-up to the guy that invented the vehicle . Those of you attacking his points are missing the point, if we Africans had the same mentality in abundance, we would have made better progress by now. Yes, we can have opposing views but some views are better than others.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by bigx(m): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2012
We are only good at complaining, when they bring the high tech ECU this, sensor that cars what do our mechanics tell u? They destroy your car with quackery and tell u the 1998 version is "stronger" this sharp guy has seen all this things plus our horrible roads (which we complain aabout everyday aand NEVER do anything about and has created a solution) and people are here talking of slave trade, as for me, I'm tired of constantly replacing my car "legs".
Let them make the 15 pre-orders 16, I'm definitely buying!
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by texazzpete(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2012
pato405:

I can't just fathom why your likes were not born during the slave trade era. a mirror or a pair flip-flop would have made a better replacement for you. I would gladly trade you in for such paltry gift. sit down and do some thinking. that's the problem with majority in Africa - thinking! thinking capacity is way less than zero! ask yourselves questions. the moment you realise that this shenanigans are out for their own gains, the better for you. these guys are capitalists - capitalising on every given opportunity to eke out wealth for themselves. this jalopy is way less than $6000, I'm sure it's not any where near $2000. have you considered the road worthiness of this wild cat-trap? whosoever manufactures this contraption in first world countries will be sued grin. but it's always GOOD ENOUGH for Africa. Yes! bring it on, no matter how sub-standard it is, Africans will celebrate it. they'll patronise you because they are the world's most miserable people and ready to take whatever garbage you sell to them. how long shall we continue like this? manufacturing this jalopy is no rocket science. if Africans organise themselves, even JSS3 integrated science students/jets club group can do better than this flimsy locomotive you are busy gloating about. saying that its the best for Africans because they have no good roads is more like adding salt to injury. meaning ..there's no need to embark on projects to develop our roads because the kind of tractors we deserve are here abi? and you are busy blabbing on NL supporting them na wa o! guy you dumb sha.

All this long post...and it becomes obvious that you have a serious problem...you struggle with comprehending simple English!

You say the vehicle is worth less than $2000. The article clearly states the prototype you see in that picture cost the guy $15,000+ to build. The $6000 is just a projected price he hopes to achieve when he automates and improves the process. Saying the vehicle is a jalopy and is not 'road-worthy' just from a photo is incredibly m0r0nic.
Perhaps that's why the man has had the balls to take his destiny into his own hands and make a difference instead of being a broke, imbecilic Nairaland commenter like yourself.

All through your long sermon, I wanted you to show me where it said this fellow was going to put a pistol to Kenyans head to make them buy the car. If he makes a vehicle that nobody wants, he won't sell, simple as that. Anyone who can afford $6000 is smart enough to evaluate the value of the vehicle prior to purchase. You'd better pray you r imbecility is not hard-coded into your DNA so you don't pass on the strain of doltishness to your offspring.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by foleyx: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
for crying out loud,
undergraduates in Africa may
know next to nothing but they
surely can do better. i'm not a
mechanical engineering student
but I'm sure with some rubber
tubes and steel foil, I can panel
beat metals and weld them
together, spray it up and have
something more presentable.
grin
oh! what an insult!
again, if it's for the 'Africa' they
idealise, why is it $6000 and not
£600 or even $60?

talk is cheap. hav you seen the useless inventions paraded by nigerian colleges of techn on voyage of discovery latley.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by cheikh: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ texazzpete [/b]and[b] maclatunji , Please why do you guys bother replying to lazy, backward and inherently corrupt posters? It's very easy to identify their hang-ups and mentality. They are part of the problem and not the solution for the myriad of problems ravaging Africa- diseases, corruption, inertia, wickedness, mindless consumerism/addictions, wars and pseudo elitism(laziness). They will never appreciate let alone understand your mindset nor thinking. Closed minds are like dead woods in the forests.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by pato405(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
texazzpete:

All this long post...and it becomes obvious that you have a serious problem...you struggle with comprehending simple English!

You say the vehicle is worth less than $2000. The article clearly states the prototype you see in that picture cost the guy $15,000+ to build. The $6000 is just a projected price he hopes to achieve when he automates and improves the process. Saying the vehicle is a jalopy and is not 'road-worthy' just from a photo is incredibly m0r0nic.
Perhaps that's why the man has had the balls to take his destiny into his own hands and make a difference instead of being a broke, imbecilic Nairaland commenter like yourself.

All through your long sermon, I wanted you to show me where it said this fellow was going to put a pistol to Kenyans head to make them buy the car. If he makes a vehicle that nobody wants, he won't sell, simple as that. Anyone who can afford $6000 is smart enough to evaluate the value of the vehicle prior to purchase. You'd better pray you r imbecility is not hard-coded into your DNA so you don't pass on the strain of doltishness to your offspring.

where did you inherit this gullibility from? damn it!! your lineage must be that of birdbrains..but you are surely worse than them all. you are a grandiose stooge simpleton for real. guy go see a shrink ASAP. even a fool whose brain mass is less than that of a housefly wouldn't believe that pulp - that the grotesque bucket of bolts in that pix is worth $15,000. i strongly believe the most stupi.d scum-bag in Kenya is wise enough to know that this crap isn't worth gloating about and wouldn't part with $6000 for that junker. guy, I'v seen foools on NL, I've read their posts, but you beat them all. you must be a big disgrace to the community of foools. they must all be ashamed of you. to think that you'll canvass for this crap $6000 (900k) will beat their imagination. Tokunbo is far better. it's your likes who foster the misconceptions of foreign business moguls that Africa is a dumping ground.. bring that crap to the Uk for sale and see if the poorest of farmers will patronise you.

buy one for youself cos I'm sure it befits your status as a lunatic and convey your family of lunatics with it.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by maclatunji: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
No wonder Africa is where it is.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 02, 2012
maclatunji: No wonder Africa is where it is.
The reason is that Africans celebrate every waste brought into their continent!
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by texazzpete(m): 6:50am On Jul 02, 2012
all4naija: The reason is that Africans celebrate every waste brought into their continent!

1. Erm....this vehicle was made in Kenya o!

2. Please join Pato405 and explain to us how exactly you're able to tell this vehicle is a 'waste' from just one look at a low-res photo. i'm all ears
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by pato405(m): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2012
texazzpete:

1. Erm....this vehicle was made in Kenya o!

2. Please join Pato405 and explain to us how exactly you're able to tell this vehicle is a 'waste' from just one look at a low-res photo. i'm all ears

even if it was made in sudan! the automobiles locally constructed by the Biafrans to enable them ramble through the eastern jungles during the civil war was FAR better than this junker.
it's a SHAME you are still publishing your dimwitted comments on this thread. I really feel like whooping your head with koboko. olodo rapata.

texazzpete:

taking advantage of vulnerable people which includes nitwits and imbeciles like you and coercing them to make stup1d decisions, defraud them of their hard earned money is worse than putting a pistol on their head o! his sophistry and sugar coated bogus claims that this crap is worth $6000 is another form of advanced financial fraud [419]. I'm not disputing that if you were in Kenya, you would have bought one because you are already celebrating mediocrity. However, I pardon your imbecility becos it's obvious you are a cretin. many people comment on NL, we don't know who hasn't finished his dose and who is on bed at Yaba left...surely you belong to one.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Horus(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2012

Mobius One

Mobius Two

Kenya's first successful automotive company Mobius Motors. They currently have two vehicles out Mobius one and Mobius two.
Demand has exceed the original numbers and the company plans to set-up a car assembling warehouse in Athi (Kenya)
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
Room for improvement, still a long way to go before these vehicles will be considered safe and viable, when compared to pre-used imports.
Re: The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa by captalex(m): 12:00am On Dec 03, 2012
Prototyping my own car project, would let you guys know on how it comes along.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lamborghini Celebrates Making 8,000th Aventador And 11,000th Huracan / ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' / Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.