Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality (2324 Views)

'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / NASA Found Message From God Written On Tablets In A Martian Cave / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
izi-n-bizi:
You can not be conscious of material and practise spirituality, in Spirituality you let go of corporeality and accept the beyond.
That you do not see communication signals flying above your heads does not mean your handset is not communicating. So the little mind seeks to see the signals while the advanced mind pictures, realizes and manipulates these unseen signals to his benefit. This is how it is in Spirituality and is the root of Faith. So there can not be faith without spirituality.
Thank God we dont need faith to make phone calls..
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2012
Its interesting how people are scared of the concept and call it mysticism etc; as though it is not to be ventured. This is extreme deceit and the height of materiality because the little minded can not comprehend beyond physicality and the scope of his visual/mental limits - very typical of Africans. So you see that Spirituality advances development as you are not bound by the visibly known but you believe, associate and devout to the power of the unknown within you (essence). Therefore, one's potentials are not determined by material or mental awareness/knowledge but by the potential of the infinite powers of his Essence.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Thank God we dont need faith to make phone calls..

It takes a measure of faith in the unknown to put a call through with such a little device and actually hold for its "magical powers" to work. You have seen and now you belive and your faith in the device is now formed else how will you advertise this device to the lost tribes in the Amazon and the Aborigins in Australia. They competely lack your kind of faith, and will rather idolize it and call it "Divine" from the gods. Just like they do to mirrors and matches.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2012
So we see that everything material and mental (body and soul) is relative and transient. Just as the concept of teleportation may be a mystery or fiction to us now and a reality to those that will appear in 1000years. As such why do we hold unto today as though it is real, it is not real, physicality is not real it is an illusion a mirage - thus the pursuit for Spirituality. Reality is in Essence and he that commits to Essence, commits to infinite knowledge. This is the understanding of great minds that have transceded the realm of the comfortable known to that of infinite awarenesss.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ Jenwitemi: are you still following the thread?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2012
musKeeto: Good day, m-nwankwo. I appreciate your reply and hope you try to clear up some confusions I may have...

What do you mean by non-spiritual bodies? Ordinarily, I would have taken that to mean 'physical body', but you seem to differentiate between both. Are there any other bodies apart from the spiritual and physical?

Hi musKeeto. Thanks for your question. Yes, there are several bodies that the spirit is enveloped with. A body is an envelope or an instrument that enables the spirit to experience in parts of creations that is of the same nature as the body. We originated as unconscious spirit germs or seeds in the kingdom of God. In the kingdom of God, we will eternally remain in this state of unconsciousness. However the unconscious urge for consciousness is hardwired in the spirit seeds. God created several worlds beneath the spiritual that has the possibility of awakening the spirit seeds to consciousnesses and later to self consciousness. Just like a seed can only germinate and grow into a tree that bears fruits if it is sown on a fertile soil with the appropriate warmth, water and minerals, so will spirit seeds awaken to consciousness if they are sown into the lower worlds that are non-spiritual. These lower worlds contain all that is necessary to awaken the slumbering spirit seeds to consciousness and initiate its spiritual development that will result in the emergence of a self conscious spirit being with a name and personality. What started as an unconscious spirit seeds ends up as a self conscious spirit whose activities swings in harmony with the laws of God.

To experience in these lower worlds, the spirit acquires a body corresponding to the substance of these lower worlds. Just like you cannot see a virus with your naked eye but with an electron microscope, the spirit need these bodies as an instrument to experience in these lower worlds. There are broadly nine of these bodies and the physical body is the outermost.As a spirit germ descends into non-spiritual creations, it acquires these bodies one after another. When the spirit is ready to experience on earth, it then acquires the physical body by taking possession of the physical body developing in the womb of a woman. On earth, the spirit thus experiences through the physical body. In the astral plane a spirit experiences with the astral body, in the ethereal worlds, the spirit experiences with the ethereal body and in the different planes of the animistic world a spirit experiences with the animistic bodies. The ascension of a matured spirit back to the kingdom of God is a reverse of the process described above. In this instance the spirit sheds the bodies, first the physical body and lastly the finest animistic body. Veiled in a spiritual body that is radiant, the spirit being then ascends to the luminous spiritual kingdom of God. You may have to read some of my previous posts in order to understand what I am saying. Therefore man on earth have other bodies with there respective faculties. It is therefore very possible to experience other realms of creations while still a man on earth in flesh and blood. It is a process of opening up the radiation connections between the various bodies and the spirit. Matter is motionless and incapable of movement except when animated by the spirit. It is also important to note that there are billions of gradations of what spirit is. For instance we are human spirit. There are also spirit particles which is the origin of what is regarded as energy in material creations. These spirit particles are secondary emanations from higher spirits known as primordial spirits. The birth, development and evolution of material universes is dependent on these spirit particles. Every atom have as it innermost core, the spirit particle. Invincible servants of God bring unions of these spirit particles that lead to the creation of stars, galaxies and indeed the universe.

Spirits of individuals who have discarded this physical body by the process of death appear with the ethereal body. The ethereal is finer than the physical and thus the physical laws of gravity and similar things do not apply to the ethereal. Thus a departed soul who appeared to relatives or friends can pass through closed walls, suddenly appear and disappear, etc. The laws of God are the same but the manifest differently in various planes of creation. There is nothing mysterious about these other bodies. Many have seen them. I have seen a lot of people who have departed in the so called death. To me, it is more real than typing this reply on the computer. I got to stop here. As always, stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

@M_nwankwo
As always your submissions are quite very deep, when I do get a change of heart about religion maybe I will talk to you hehehehehehehe sounds a lot better than this prosperity thing flying around.

Hi Chris. Great to read from you. Hahahahahahahha. Stay blessed my brother.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
mazaje: Reading soe comments here and LOL. . .

"A spirit wearing several non-spiritual bodies in addition to the physical body is man on earth. God created the spirits and the intrinsic quest of the spirits to know the creator and adapt itself to the living laws of God is spirituality."

The way people go about confidently talking about things they have no evidence for is really mind blowing. . .Spirit, spirituality, bla bla bla. . .The mumbo jumbo continues. . .Me i just dey for side dey laugh. ..

Hi mazaje.Hahhahahahahahha. I respect your comments but I completely disagree with it. Spirituality is mumbo-jumbo to you but to me it is a living experiencing of the power and will of God, the creator of all the worlds. In my view, there is nothing more important and more joyful than a connection with God. Others can question it or even mock it but that is there choice, not mine. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Kay17: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
izi-n-bizi:

Moderator and Seun please we need a thread on Spirituality.

Spirituality is a personal and conscious quest for the complete realization of one's essence.
Man is not Spirit, Man is soul and his quest to transcend materiality and fellowship with Spirit is the core of Spirituality.
It is an internal awareness of the content within, it involves a cognitive process of soul search; a discovery of your constituent.
The concept is humbling and there is immense power in true realization of essence .

Buddhists and you find spirituality to be a search in the mind, while others see it as a parallel universe
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Kay17: 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
izi-n-bizi:
Its interesting how people are scared of the concept and call it mysticism etc; as though it is not to be ventured. This is extreme deceit and the height of materiality because the little minded can not comprehend beyond physicality and the scope of his visual/mental limits - very typical of Africans. So you see that Spirituality advances development as you are not bound by the visibly known but you believe, associate and devout to the power of the unknown within you (essence). Therefore, one's potentials are not determined by material or mental awareness/knowledge but by the potential of the infinite powers of his Essence.

What if we have no essence but subjected to hedonistic desires?

Is an essence prevalent in all life or just sentient beings?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
Hi plaetton. Thanks for your comments on my post. Find below my response to some of the issues that you raised.

In other words, spirituality is a god-centered concept?
First, how did you arrive at this view, from observation, experimentation and analysis?
Are these theories, hypothesises or observable and tested facts?
What if there is no god? Or is spirituality meaningless without god?

Yes, there is no spirituality without God. Whether or not the brain of the seeker who is connected to God is aware of this connection on earth is irrelevant. My position is that it is the spirit that is connected to God and his Will. Of course the spirit can radiate the information in a transformed way to the earthly brain but that requires that the bridges of radiation linking the spirit to the brain, albeit indirectly have not been completely destroyed or masked by attachment to matter. If the bridge have been destroyed, then the brain cannot consciously receive the experiences of the spirit. The brain is simply an instrument used by the spirit and if the brain or the connection between the brain and the spirit is destroyed, then the spirit in an earthly body will naturally transmit its experiences but the brain cannot receive it because the connection is broken or the brain itself is unhealthy.

Observation, experimentation and research are methods used by the brain to understand physical realities. The spirit have its own faculties to experience spiritual realities. That faculty is intuitive perception and this faculty can access spiritual realities in a flash. To answer your question, what I state is based on my experiencing of these spiritual realities with my intuition as well as my experiencing of revelations from Gods envoys with my intuition. Yes, they are observable and reproducible provided the skeptic will gladly use the same faculty of the spirit that I use. It is indeed strange that people want to investigate spiritual realities with microscopes, telescopes and mathematical calculations. Even in science, you do not study molecular biology with the methods developed for astrophysics. Even in peer review literature reproducibility is based on the principle that you use exactly the same experimental protocol. Those who want to investigate or study the will of God in non material spheres with scientific methods and technologies are akin to a person who want to amplify DNA using cement as primers.

I am absolutely certain that God is. Thus the possibility of God not existing is out of question and will never cross my mind. I know that God is. I am a spark out of his emanations. It is inconceivable that a spark of life will not be aware of Life (God). How do I know. I know because in creating me, God the creator implanted a spiritual antennae (intuition) so that in all my sojourns away from home (spiritual realm), I will always receive of his power and in the reception of his power lies the awareness that God is.

Your view sounds like a very eloquent sermon for those who believe in the existence of god. For those of us who do not,it sounds like the same old eloquent mombo jumbo(no disrespect intended),notions that have no factual basis, just another form of faith.
Not so?
If it is mumbo jumbo, then throw what I said into the dustbin. You cannot have faith without experiencing. It is the experiencing that gives you the conviction that God is. Faith as I described above is a genuine ability that is granted to a spirit or creature who have absorbed the life transforming radiations of Gods power. Faith is a genuine concept as opposed to blind fate.

f spirtuality is god-centered, then just like all faiths, everyone would seem to have a different and sometimes conflicting variants of spirituality. Not so?

If, like faith, spiritual concepts, ideals, experiences are coloured in ones cultural and religious ideals,prejudices,fears and needs, then it goes back to my original question: Does it have any value outside the head of an individual? Can it or has it ever been a tranformative agent in any society or for humanity?

Look at how I described faith above. Faith is not religion. Those who see the colour or prejudices without seeing the truth that is colored by the prejudices have not had spiritual experiences. Those permitted spiritual experiences will not only see the truth that was colored but also see how the prejudices, fears, etc were used to mask the truth. A bud-hist, a christian, a hindu, etc on the same level of spiritual maturity will have identical spiritual experiences. If an image of a section of heaven is mediated to them by invisible servants of God, each of them will recognize heaven in the description made by the other. Pleatton in a red suit, yellow suit, white suit will easily be recognized by those who know him irrespective of the color of his suit. However, cases of mistaken identity will arise for those who do not know plaetton. They will think that plaetton with red suit is not the same as plaetton in black suit. Spiritual experiences do not just change the individual but affects his environment and all those who cross his part. The concept of born again is not an idle statement but a genuine experience in which a seeker is transformed such that old ways vanish without a trace. I would give specific examples of real life spiritual experiences when I sense you are at least willing to consider them.

As someone who has walked the spiritual path(my own verson of it),my interest in astronomy and physics have led me to the conclusion that what we term "spiritual" are simply higher physics,hyper-dimension physics.

Unfortunately,this higher physics(spirituality) has come to us from our early beginnings, garbed in confusing and conflicting philosophies and religions simply because of the manner in which they were bequetted to humanity eons ago.

Now you are employing the same blind faith which you accuse theist of. I am not aware that astronomy and physics are investigation into spirituality and related concepts. I am certain that there is no peer reviewed scientific literature in quantum physics or any other scientific discipline investigating spirituality. Science cannot be used to prove or disprove the existence of God. God, spirituality and similar matters are not within the realm of science. It is a waste of time in my view to use scientific methods and technologies to prove or disprove the existence of God.

Even when clothed with intimidating scientific names,The physical and spiritual actually converge at some point as we get into the areas quantum physics, super-conductivity,torsion fields, etc.

Therefore, in my mind, the erstwhile distinction between scientific knowledge and spiritual knowledge is being gradually blurred as we adavance, through scientific studies, in the knowledge of the basic mechanics of the universe.

I respect your views but my view is that what is stated above cannot be demonstrated with scientific methods and technologies. If you have peer reviewed articles on these, please refer me to them. I will be happy to examine them.

Science, not spirituality, is the key to understanding the universe and our place in it

Science is just an instrument used to investigate and understand the physical manifestations of the laws of God. The living laws of God, God, who we are, our purpose of existence and the manifestation of the laws of God in other planes that are not physical can be illumined with the faculties of the spirit. In future though, the brain will once again accept direction from the spirit and this will lead to a new science that is not bound to the earthly time and space only. As always, stay blessed.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
@N.Nwankwo.
Thanks again for your eloquent and insightful response.
I just want to correct that I never implied that mainstream science was investigating spirituality, no, what i was trying to convey was that based on what I have learned about the current trends in quantum physics and other exotic new areas of science,we are venturing into areas of knowledge that had been hitherto relegated to thte realms of spirituality.There is a slow but gradual convergence of what is seem as spiritual and physical observable phenomena.Things spiritual may turn out to be just physical manifestations of matter at higher or yet to be understood levels.

Infact, all the knowledge and technologies we take for granted today would have been seem as spiritual mechinations by people who lived just 150 to 200yrs ago.
My grandmother still cannot believe that she can see and talk with me over a video conference on a pc thousands of miles apart.
"The white man must be a spirit" she says, "because only a spirit could make such things possible".

I dont think any scientist is out to prove or disprove the existence of god,rather scientific knowledge has allowed people like me to consider that the universe probably did not and does need a god to design, create or manage it.

If the soul or spirit is just a higher and purer form of energy, I have absolutely have no doubts, that in time, science will be able to detect, observe, isolate and even manipulate it.
It sounds scary, but Never say never.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hi Plaetton.

@N.Nwankwo.
Thanks again for your eloquent and insightful response.
I just want to correct that I never implied that mainstream science was investigating spirituality, no, what i was trying to convey was that based on what I have learned about the current trends in quantum physics and other exotic new areas of science,we are venturing into areas of knowledge that had been hitherto relegated to thte realms of spirituality.There is a slow but gradual convergence of what is seem as spiritual and physical observable phenomena.Things spiritual may turn out to be just physical manifestations of matter at higher or yet to be understood levels.

Thanks for the clarification. My main reason for reminding you that science does not investigate spirituality is that if one must talk science, then conclusions or interpretation of results must me supported by the data. When conclusions are made that are not supported by data, that is pure speculation. Those who are involved in academic peer review know that wild speculation is a major criteria for outright rejection of scientific manuscripts. There is nothing wrong in speculating about the implication of scientific observations provided that one recognizes that those speculations are not science and should not be provided as a scientific evidence.

Again my view is that matter and spirit are entirely different species of creation. Yes, there are several gradations of matter that oscillate at higher "frequencies" but these gradations are not spirits. In the context that I am using "species", no amount of transformation will change matter to spirit. Matter and spirit are entirely different species which cannot merge into each other but can be held together by union. I have previously mentioned that secondary emanations from higher spirits "produce" spirit particles (different from the human spirit) that animates matter. Several material layers envelope these particles. In my perception anyone who is permitted to know how to liberate the spirit particles from matter will have answers to all the mysteries in material creation. Like layers in an onion, as you peal out the layers and get closer and closer to the spirit particle, then the more mysterious the behavior of these materially enveloped spirit particles become. Because, the denser material layers have already been peeled off, they are no more subject to the gross material laws of physics but subject to other laws that are determined by there finer outermost material covering. It is for this reason (in my view) that some of the physical laws of physics appear to break down at the sub-atomic level. Since these spirit particles are the source of what is regarded as energy in matter, it may become clear why stars are just an amalgamation of these materially enveloped spirit particles.

Infact, all the knowledge and technologies we take for granted today would have been seem as spiritual mechinations by people who lived just 150 to 200yrs ago.
My grandmother still cannot believe that she can see and talk with me over a video conference on a pc thousands of miles apart.
"The white man must be a spirit" she says, "because only a spirit could make such things possible".

Yes, it will be so if one makes deductions based only on the ability of the brain. The spirit which is the breath of God have a birds eye view and is aware that these technologies of today have always existed as models in spheres of existence finer than gross matter. The "surprise" to the spirit is that those called to transfer these models into earthly reality lacked the humility to draw in purity such that in the transfer to earthly realities, these non-earthly prototypes were not accurately reflected in the earthly technologies. On the other hand, an earthly scientist of today will be surprised if he is shown that specially called ones from Onitsha, Lagos, Berlin, London, etc can have a meeting in Newyork without being physically present in NewYork. There is much more in creation than what science acknowledges.

I dont think any scientist is out to prove or disprove the existence of god,rather scientific knowledge has allowed people like me to consider that the universe probably did not and does need a god to design, create or manage it.

Again it is all a matter of interpretation and this interpretation is to a large extent dependent on the spiritual maturity of the scientist. After more than a decade of research in molecular biology, I can only perceive of the divine intelligence that created, develops and maintains biological life. This is my own interpretation or rather what my spirit senses. My interpretation is however not a scientific evidence. Colleagues who have similar skill and training as myself but happen to be atheists see in their research (even in papers that we co-author) a sign that God did not create, develop and maintain biological life. We have a choice to believe in God or not. What ever each individual chooses is his responsibility. What is important is that that choice is honest and born out of his own experience.

If the soul or spirit is just a higher and purer form of energy, I have absolutely have no doubts, that in time, science will be able to detect, observe, isolate and even manipulate it.
It sounds scary, but Never say never.

See above for my perception on this your view. Stay blessed.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^^^ Always a pleasure reading from you.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by UncleCharles: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2012
Deep Sight:

Too late son. You ARE a spirit already.

Regrettably true. Whenever I ask my siblings this or that question about the judeo-christian myths they simply respond: "Its spiritual". I think that is a serious mis-use of the word.

The core essence of what we are: the seed non-physical being.

The life of that part of our being that is the seed non physical being - the evolution of that seed into a celestially conscious self - a mirror of God

What else would make sense? Bare rocks and atoms?

Bare rocks and atoms do make sense too
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by UncleCharles: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2012
emöfine2:

The thing that I truly cannot comprehend is that the spiritual destination of the so called righteous of the world's major religions is teeming with materialism...

These spiritual abodes are just like a material world embelished with extraordinary beauty, containing extraterrestrial characters and of course the absence of pain.

Unless spirituality is exactly that - pure happiness (although I question if every individual can be truly happy in a perpetual servitude role in relation to a divine authority) and peace and if it is exactly that couldn't such be achieved here on earth?...Well of course not because in our mortal existence there would always be pain attached to a loss...spirituality (at least in the major religions) is similar to "Neverland"...you don't age, you don't die you don't lack...it is thus a perfect existence for many...and many will want to aim for such...and so it does make sense that people will want to live in a perfect reality but to spark ones interest via the materialsitc nature whilst at the same time encouraged to debase that nature does not at all make sense to me because it appears slightly contradictory...

But I do wonder in regards to the major faiths....in order to arouse or appeal to ones spiritual senses is ones materialistic nature first coaxed?

Is materialism and spirituality compatible?

Albeit I think if you have love for your fellow man, appreciate nature, the universe and all that surrounds (and that includes science) and our role in it and not debasing other inhabitants regarding them as lesser creatures such as animals or even the plants and those of a different sex...take one's ego aside and humble your self...maintaining a healthy lifestyle...sustain a conscious connection to the source of life or at least search for that source of life...aim to discover truths for oneself...engage your mind...and express that in non-harmful or superior ways....not having a great fancy for much that is materialitic but of course catering to ones own needs and still very much open-minded but not in the manner of "anything goes"....seeking to learn from others and not only teach at the same time being very much realistic about life and continually evolving with it....that in itself may add a greater volume not only to the one that exhibits all this but to our environment...but not everybody is compatible with such a kind of life..a transcendent sort of lifestyle...so it may become far-reaching for the greater population and thus a dream...and dreams never realized don't exist in the material world..or beyond the mind...

But I do not envision winged characters or gold streets to be a reflection of anything spiritual not even remotely if so I'm sure just the corridors alone of Elton Johns mansion will reflect a preview of that sort of existence that is considered "spiritual"...

A spiritual life may be rewarding for the one who genuinely exercises it but I don't regard spirtuality as a reward in itself.

Brilliant submission bro. You clearly are a deep, independent thinker. You have made valid observations and raised relevant questions.
It is true that many modern preachers simply try to appease to greedy men, promising them everything they can ever dream of in a destination they are not sure to reach. So we have religious people who get promised 70 virgins for sex in a so-called paradise on one hand and all the possible riches and lack of work on the other.
However, the Truth is that man is himself a non-physical being (spirit) that has come to live temporarily on this physical earth in a physical, biological body and should one day return to his original home,in the spiritual realm which is just a part of the vast non- physical world( the beyond). The physical/material is in many regards a reflection of the spiritual which serves as the prototype. The physical is however a much less noble form of the spiritual and one of our responsibilities on earth is to collaborate with nature in developing this earth into a much more representative replica of paradise. This is the wish expressed in the prayer "thy(the Creator`s) Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" Man however shies away from this responsibility and calling, preferring to wreck the earth and expecting to return to paradise for eternal rest and reward. In the beyond, there are many non-physical realms where each spirit (man) may find himself after leaving his physical body in a process known on earth as death. Each man will find himself in a realm that corresponds to his or her activities while on earth. Here he will find what you may call reward or punishment as the case may be. Thus if man on earth lives a good beautiful life, hell will cease to exist, so will ghettos disappear and nightmares will be replaced by sweet dreams. There will be beautiful paradisical planes only, both on earth and in the beyond. Some people have seen some of the realms in the beyond in near death experiences and have called beautiful realms heaven and the ugly realms hell. Hell is a creature of man`s evil activities. These are realms that man prepared for himself through his activities here on earth. Even you can already see glimpses of this in your dreams, when you sleep at night. Like the Yoruba say, sleep is the younger brother of death. These are eternal Spiritual Truths that religion tries to adapt and deploy for commercial purposes.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by okeyxyz(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Pastor AIO:
The experience of Consciousness cannot be transferred from one person to another yet there is nothing that I am, or anyone else is if asked, more sure of than the fact that I am, and each one respectively is, a conscious being.

I can't be sure if you're a conscious being but I can only vouch for my own consciousness.

My point is that the most certain thing in existence is the least communicable thing. This therefore breaks the presumption that there must be a link between certainty and communicability or consensus of any sort.

Beautifully put bro. Well done!
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by LordReed(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
plaetton:

Therefore, in my mind, the erstwhile distinction between scientific knowledge and spiritual knowledge is being gradually blurred as we adavance, through scientific studies, in the knowledge of the basic mechanics of the universe.

Science, not spirituality, is the key to understanding the universe and our place in it.

What you fail to see is that it is your inherent "spirituality" that drives you to this scientific inquiry. You are driven by "something" that is more than just the sum of your physical reality.

I also believe science will enable us understand how the spiritual interacts with the physical so that we can arrive at a higher state of being as a species.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by pastormustwacc: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2012
Na wa o. This thread wan scatter my small brain o, after reading all the comments, i still no sabi wetin spirituality means.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Which Is Right YHWH Or JEHOVAH? / If Holy Spirit Is An (active Force) Then Jehovah Is Also An (active Force)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.