Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,555 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2889 Views)

My Husband Is A General Overseer But Sleeps With His Prayer Partners / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2012
Is it normal for a man to wake up some mornings and hammer eba/poundo/semovita etc ? Because I want to know why my husband wakes up some mornings and prefers to swallow instead of eating cereal? I have no diagnosis for this one so I cannot diagnose it at all. How can a man eat swallow food in the morning and not fall asleep at work? He reckons it keeps him awake and his stomach very full. But how can someone wake up and decide to knack swallow bikonu?

Abeg tell me it is normal?
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by cantell(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2012
Your husband must be a farmer, cos thats what my uncle in the village eats before going to the farm. grin

5 Likes

Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Akpunwa(f): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2012
LOL at Cantell.
Some people are wired like that especially if you have some nice soup waiting.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Dyt(f): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2012
i love 2 eat dat too smtyms
nottin 2 worry abt
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by lbotus(f): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
There's nothing to worry about. The type of food people refers to as 'heavy' for breakfast is what i love to eat. wink i don't feel dizzy/sleepy @ work.guess it's just my system.
I feel dizzy/sleepy when i take tea. lipsrsealed
Yes, am a village woman angry
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by cantell(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dyt: i love 2 eat dat too smtyms
nottin 2 worry abt
We know na. You from village.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by angiemartinez(f): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
i fink he dosnt wana boda himslf wit lunch all d time.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
There are some mornings he does cereals and co and can't be bothered, but when this desire to swallow catches him in the middle of the night,he deals with it in the morning. Today he ate poundo with okro soup before 10am and I was like WTF Mr man?are you seriously going to your business with stomach this full? How the hell he concentrates, I have no idea.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by ronkebp(f): 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
My hubby does that only when i have cooked a soup he likes, he will not only wake up to eat poundo, buy will invite his friend also. smiley
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
jennykadry: Is it normal for a man to wake up some mornings and hammer eba/poundo/semovita etc ? Because I want to know why my husband wakes up some mornings and prefers to swallow instead of eating cereal? I have no diagnosis for this one so I cannot diagnose it at all. How can a man eat swallow food in the morning and not fall asleep at work? He reckons it keeps him awake and his stomach very full. But how can someone wake up and decide to knack swallow bikonu?

With you as his wife, it is totally normal. grin

3 Likes

Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji:

With you as his wife, it is totally normal. grin

Explain your above post sir angry grin

@Ronke

This man loves okra and egusi, but I just find it strange that he eats this huge amount of poundo in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
jennykadry:

@Ronke

This man loves okra and egusi, but I just find it strange that he eats this huge amount of poundo in the morning.

My hubby's best soup is okra....too, once i cook it, he is so eating poundo in the morning and at night...grin grin am used to it now!!!
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
jennykadry:

@Ronke

@bolded, the man wants to live long now, you don't want him dying of exhaustion, do you? Food is fuel to human beings. tongue

1 Like

Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by NAJALYN: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
@Poster your husband is very norman. Some men prefer to swallow most of the time. Its quite normal.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by ifyalways(f): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
Abegi abegi,what is wrong with swallowing in the morning?why i go drink tea or have cereal in the morning?i dey sick?tongue
I have all sorts of swallow in the morning though mine is most times late B/F or early lunch.Amala,akpu,eba,kenke,semo,boiled unripe plantain are my favorite B/F meals.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by armyofone(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
by the end of the summer, i will be back to respond. i will be teaching mine how to eat nigerian dishes.

Jenny, just make sure there is strong Akpu and cold eba with nice soup in the fridge.
maybe you sapped his energy with you know lipsrsealed grin
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by tasandra: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
u mean all this husbands, simce to be the same grin grin my own go say, rice na bird food grin
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
It's a village thing. grin
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by braveheart2012(m): 1:43am On Jun 30, 2012
Eating poundo and eba in the morning is a little aggressive. Was this common in your husband's home as a kid? Is he doing this for practical reasons like having enough fortification until a late lunch or until dinner-time? What kind of work does he do? Does it involve physical labor? Most office-type workers will fall asleep after a meal of hot poundo and okra soup in the morning. LOL.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 30, 2012
^^^ Common ke? This dude is a typical Aussie but fell Inlove with Akpu the very first time his parents took him to visit naija as a kid. Since then it has to be swallow for him. When we were dating, the bags of garri and semo I saw in his house should have given me the red light. He does no work in the office and neither is he a manual labourer, he works for himself but he just loves his swallow food. Sometimes I wake up to the smell of Egusi or okro and I am like seriously?

@Cc
So in other words, it is normal Ehn? cheesy

@ify
Nwa Abia ka gi. I won't be surprised if you dey knack swallow 3 Times a day grin

@armyofone

I no talk am, where there is food talk is where you are grin
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 30, 2012
jennykadry: Is it normal for a man to wake up some mornings and hammer eba/poundo/semovita etc ? Because I want to know why my husband wakes up some mornings and prefers to swallow instead of eating cereal? I have no diagnosis for this one so I cannot diagnose it at all. How can a man eat swallow food in the morning and not fall asleep at work? He reckons it keeps him awake and his stomach very full. But how can someone wake up and decide to knack swallow bikonu?

E never happen to any of my exes but it has happened to me. . .once I smell banga, egusi, ogbono; omo. . .na the first thing to make semolino in the morning chop. lipsrsealed
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2012
i love good soup,i can eat eba 100 times a day....i cant stay in a house with a good soup,i must finish it with eba before i can rest.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Geomac: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2012
It is normal, i only take solid food in the morning.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Tedyk(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
@tyms,maybe because he had tew much of sex ova9t
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by maclatunji: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
Tedyk: @tyms,maybe because he had tew much of sex ova9t

You don't say? Now, that is quite an hypothesis isn't it?
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Johndoe100(m): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
This is not a Nigerian habit. It is really confined to all these internet Nigerian types. Peeps we de comot 4 house 6 or 7am no de swallow first.
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by EfemenaXY: 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2012

Girl, why're you complaining sef? undecided

It only goes to show that your man:

1.) Appreciates your cooking
2.) Seriously needs to recharge his batteries after una erm...bedmatics the night b/4 tongue cheesy
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by sucezTP(f): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
No biggie....my fiance does dat 2. I now refer to him as ''eba champion''. D 1st tym i joined him, i felt dizzy bt, he doesn't feel it @ all. It's men's food so, u've got nothin to worry abt...
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by stepo707: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
lol @ comments cheesy
Re: Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . by Chubhie: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
Yea itz crazy...but i can actually wake up by 2am and eat solid with my fav soup! She thinks it funny but most times she ends up knackn di fufu with me! She teases me that i have d strenght of seven men.....i work hard play hard. One of the sweetest feelns in this world is being with the most sweet sexy n classic lady and yet both of you are down to earth! #hatespretence#

(1) (Reply)

Only A Mother Could Indeed Tolerate These / Closed / Please Help Advise On What To Do; I Have Acid Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.