Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

I Need Internet For Two - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Internet For Two (706 Views)

Need Internet Connection! / I Need Internet Download Manager / Katrina Victims Need Internet Explorer to Apply for Relief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Internet For Two by ayexel: 1:01am On Nov 30, 2007
i have two systems,I want to connect them together for internet access,I do I go about it.Pls help
Re: I Need Internet For Two by anusule(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2007
get a router
Re: I Need Internet For Two by inze(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2007
you can do that by getting a router or a hub. With the hub you can connect not just one system, all you need to is get a network cable for the systems to be connected, connect the system that has the internet connection to be shared in the first port, you can decide to put all systems in the same workgroup.

But make sure that the ip addresses of the systems correspond so they can see each other.

I hope this helps.
Re: I Need Internet For Two by mmonwuba(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2007
you can also use internet connection sharing. if you connection comes in from say usb (starcomms), you can now share it across your lan. go to connections, right click on the connection that has your network connection, go to properties, advanced, internet connection sharing. enable it. if you have multiple interface, you could put it say on the lan. plug in and go on browsing.
Re: I Need Internet For Two by blogtech(m): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
Well Spoken and if you want further xplaination then "Google it OUT" cheesy
Re: I Need Internet For Two by ayexel: 1:06am On Dec 05, 2007
u guys are God sent,your response are really helpful.thanks guys
keep up the good works
Re: I Need Internet For Two by Macgreat(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
share you internet connection!!!

very easy man
Re: I Need Internet For Two by anusule(m): 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
get a router man! grin
Re: I Need Internet For Two by komputang: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2007
If you dont want to go down the path of router and Hub, simply get a cross over ethernet cable and connect both computers and install a free proxy (just google there are many ages ago I used one called AnalogX) Install the proxy on the PC with the internet link and configure th esecond to use it as a proxy, look out for the ports!

I have assumed both computers have ethernet ports and internet connection is already set up on one of them. Dont forget to give each a diffrent IP address but within thesame subnet smiley

(1) (Reply)

Browse With Laptop / Net Users: Article Request / Wireless Internet Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.