Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School (4757 Views)

**New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Human Anatomy Combined With Radiography - Advice On 2nd Degree (medical Field) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Am a young guy studying human anatomy, am in 100l though i applied for medicine in my last year's Jamb but due to the problem in most medical schools last year, i was given Anatomy.i wrote dis recent pume because i was having the money to enroll jamb and pume and i scored a very very high score.am very optimistic that i will gain another admission again this year in other school..i applied for medicine this time around..My question is ''Should i continue with this my present course(200l Anatomy )or should i accept Medicine and start from 100l again?? I nid your advice. two heads they say are better than one.
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by yamakuza: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
Make the switch if you can
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 03, 2012
guyz dont just view..help a broda in need...
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Once you get the admission i'd advise you make a switch. The level of specialization for the Human Anatomy first degree is quite minimal, and its one of those courses with most prospects restricted to academics ( I stand to be corrected though), except of course you wish to return as a lecturer.

1 Like

Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by honour6(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Guy make the switch ASAP. There is really no clear future of graduates of any basic medical science course in this country

1 Like

Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by jossyr(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
please make a quick swicth if u are admitted into medicine.i am currently a 100l medical student in DELSU,most basic medical students wrote this yrs post utme to secure admission into medicine.it,s not easy though but it,s worth it
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
make the switch dude. What are you going to do with an anatomy degree?
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Kockane(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2012
I enjoin you to first secure ur medicine admission den sit down and take a good look @ urself, do a careful self analysis. What do you want to do with ur life? What drives you? Is it money? Is it doing what ur passionate about? I made a contra-switch from medicine to anatomy a coupla yrs ago, not deliberately but cuz I was asked to withdraw from the medical program due to a missing result wich was no fault of mine. I regretted opting for Anatomy instead of other courses like geology, microbiology, etc till I graduated cuz the way we saw it den, anatomy, physiology, and to sum extent, biochemistry lacked any prospects in the nigerian labour market. But then again, we have graduate lawyers, pharmacists, engineers roaming the streets lookin for jobs.
True, Medicine is a prestigious profession, and unlike oda fields, you don't get to do much job-hunting as dere is a high demand for doctors in the labour market so it cums with sum degree of career certainty. But then again, an "Average" doctor is barely only comfortable wiv just enuf to take care of himself and family. Except ur into private practice or as a senior Reg or consultant, the pay package for doctors isn't all that mind blowing.
So it all depends on you, is medicine ur passion or ur just looking for a pocket swelling career? If the latter is the case, den I'll advise you to do well wiv ur anatomy degree, cum out wiv great grades and the sky can only be the beginning. Nigeria today, it doesn't matter what course you studied in sch but ur ability to convince prospective employers ur d man for the job. I'm not an advocate of straight-up enterpreneurship as I believe one needs to gain sum work experience first before starting his own business.
I'm an anatomy graduate and I work in one of the top financial institutions in the country today and I can confidently tell you that while my then classmates in medicine school are just in their final year, what I'm making at the moment, majority of them can only dream of such, even in years to come (but then again, money, not passion drives me, you myt be different). So bro, its not what degree you come out of the university with, but what you make of it. Not every doctor out dere enjoys what he does for a living, just as medicine remains an unfulfilled dream for many out dere. Life they say, is a paradox. Good luck as you make a decision. Cheers. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by Kockane(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2012
davidylan: make the switch dude. What are you going to do with an anatomy degree?
He can achieve anyfn with an anatomy degree.
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by sisiafrika(f): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2015
Kockane:
But then again, we have graduates pharmacists,roaming the streets lookin for jobs.
tell me d brand of crack u smoked when u made this post
Re: Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School by toprealman: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kockane:
I enjoin you to first secure ur medicine admission den sit down and take a good look @ urself, do a careful self analysis. What do you want to do with ur life? What drives you? Is it money? Is it doing what ur passionate about? I made a contra-switch from medicine to anatomy a coupla yrs ago, not deliberately but cuz I was asked to withdraw from the medical program due to a missing result wich was no fault of mine. I regretted opting for Anatomy instead of other courses like geology, microbiology, etc till I graduated cuz the way we saw it den, anatomy, physiology, and to sum extent, biochemistry lacked any prospects in the nigerian labour market. But then again, we have graduate lawyers, pharmacists, engineers roaming the streets lookin for jobs.
True, Medicine is a prestigious profession, and unlike oda fields, you don't get to do much job-hunting as dere is a high demand for doctors in the labour market so it cums with sum degree of career certainty. But then again, an "Average" doctor is barely only comfortable wiv just enuf to take care of himself and family. Except ur into private practice or as a senior Reg or consultant, the pay package for doctors isn't all that mind blowing.
So it all depends on you, is medicine ur passion or ur just looking for a pocket swelling career? If the latter is the case, den I'll advise you to do well wiv ur anatomy degree, cum out wiv great grades and the sky can only be the beginning. Nigeria today, it doesn't matter what course you studied in sch but ur ability to convince prospective employers ur d man for the job. I'm not an advocate of straight-up enterpreneurship as I believe one needs to gain sum work experience first before starting his own business.
I'm an anatomy graduate and I work in one of the top financial institutions in the country today and I can confidently tell you that while my then classmates in medicine school are just in their final year, what I'm making at the moment, majority of them can only dream of such, even in years to come (but then again, money, not passion drives me, you myt be different). So bro, its not what degree you come out of the university with, but what you make of it. Not every doctor out dere enjoys what he does for a living, just as medicine remains an unfulfilled dream for many out dere. Life they say, is a paradox. Good luck as you make a decision. Cheers. smiley
So even after graduating, you still think Biochem has limited opportunity?

(1) (Reply)

Cfa Or Phd In Finance. / Female Marketer Vs Her Client / Primavera(P6) Training For Project Managers And Planners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.