Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Female Marketer Vs Her Client - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Marketer Vs Her Client (4800 Views)

Disadvantages And Advantages Of Being A Female Marketer / A Female Marketer Needed Urgently In An Oil & Gas Private Firm / Facebook Game Marketer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Marketer Vs Her Client by jennyo: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2009
Hi all

I am currently working on a major deal with a new client and and recently my client's attitude towards me has been less than professional, for one
i have to meet him for lunch or dinner for meetings and when he send text messages to me he refers to me as honey /sweetheart.The most annoying is that recently he gave me a hug right in front of my female colleague However he hasn't come one to me directly or asked me out directly i really do need advise on how to tell him in a subtle manner to back off without offending him i really need to close the deal.

PS Did i mention that i recently got married and he is aware
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Adamora: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2009
If i understood you well,you are married and he is aware. My sincere advice is you burst the guy and burst the deal, that is after you have asked him to stop calling you sweetheart and he does not change. Would you rather loose your home cos you want to close a deal for your employer to your own detriment? I am also a marketer and i can tell you that it is not every deal you must close.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by jennyo: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2009
Thanks my dear but my management is aware of the deal and i cat let go of it that easily and i cant simply tell my boss that i have to drop the account becos my client tells me i have nice legs and i should wear short skirts always etc etc. Are you saying you let go of every deal that the client comes on to you or makes a pass at you.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Adamora: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2009
No, don't get me wrong. You manage such clients, you're mature and i believe people you meet are mature although i wont dispute the fact that some dont act maturely. If you stand your ground the client will not persist,that is if he acts maturely and i bet you you will not loose the deal, he might even be the one giving you other leads.

Only burst the deal/client if He is a FOOL who after spelling everything write to him, does not change.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by teespencer: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2009
Correct guy, never a dull moment, no wonder michael jackson tagged his ''place'' NEVER LAND""!, just my kinda person, hey sweet i beleive u are irresistible, and going by the normal parlance ''man must wach mehn''! remember why you are in your comapny, ''to meet ur target'', in fackt the bobo slow sef, if i were in his shoes, walahi i for don lay u, cos i trust me, thank God my job does not entail marketers coming to meet me, wo i fo sho una pepper, bobo mo go on soun jo, be good, shalom!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by beckirriam: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2009
u just av to play wise and ask God 4 divine intervention.
1. u cant canceal a deal cos of ur client make passes to, cos more clients will still do same thing and tell me hw do u want to meet ur target.
2.u shldnt dance to his tune, cos u continue to do that and get a deal.
3. so save ur home and help ur job.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kokonets(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2009
@poster

This happens every day, even married women fall for this so u would have to be strong till the deal is closed! Becos if u back out, the client might back off from the deal, ur company is aware of his advances but they value his money more than u so the ball is in ur court!

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by pak: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hey, I was just thinking bout somethin along this line this morn.

The problem we have in life is that we sometimes allow our desires and dreams to overwhelm us such that

we are ready to pay for it at the price of our lives.

You dont need to close the deal, you only need to stand your ground.

Yoruba's have a saying that translates to mean that 'whatever is meant for you will never flow beyond you' .

The question is what are your priorities in life ?

Sit back and think about it.

The truth is, if God where to show you a picture of his plans for you, then you wont have any

hesitation about doing what you believe is right.

Let him know your stand in an unequivocal way and if he decides to back off the deal because of that
then good for him.

the truth is there are millions of other deals out there waiting to be struck.

Remember Our Father owns the the cattles on a thousand hills. He can easily pick one of them for you.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kaghoe(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2009
jennyo, you are not alone. it is a practice in naija for companies to employ females, especially pretty ones, as marketers thereby giving the prestigious marketing profession a thing called corporate prostitution. i know ladies who meet and exceed targets cos they give a bit more than professional service to rich male clients.
male marketers re not left out in the hands of rich madams.
my advice for u is to weigh ur odds, trust me, ur husband may not understand if he sees ur sms's or witness u being hugged by ur client. pray also,
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by spoilt(f): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2009
All you have to do is check him, preferably in front of one of your colleagues. Better when someone else is there to witness your resistance. I dont mean embarrass him but when he does something out of placing like touching or grabbing you thats the exact moment you have to say something.Dont wait till a better time or in private. Trust me it will take a great deal to embarrass someone like that anyway. You wont lose the deal because you turned down his advances. If your bank has what he wants he will recognize that. Even uncouth fellows like him know good business.

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by fyneguy: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Jenyo

You need to apply wisdom and I mean wisdom.

You have to capitalize on the fact that he knows you are married. Below are some of the things you can apply

1. Discuss him with your husband and tell your husband to call him and thank him for assisting to get a deal for his wife

2. Address him ''Oga mi sir'' and jokingly tell him ''Oga mi, I got your text yesterday thanks. My husband saw the ''sweetheart'' part and I had to explain to him that you called everybody sweetheart in my office. He was a bit jealous but since he trusts me he believed me. Abeg o you know our husbands can be jealous, ''

3. Don't stop going to lunch and Dinner with him. Always avoid too personal discussions with him. You guys can discuss the economy, power problems etc

The man sent u those texts with ''Sweetheart'' to feel you. He's using psychology on you and you have to be smart too.

He will not ask you out until he's sure you will play ball. Dont ever give him the impression you will tag along with him, at the same time, be diplomatic.

Above all, report him to Papa God ;

He will not have peace until he closes the deal with you! grin

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Amjustme: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
They have said it all. Ur first duty is to GOD and secondly ur family. what an understanding husband u have,even allows u 2 go 4 dinner wit such men;most husbands wont hear that.

Better put that shameless man in his rightful place.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kufreabasi(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
jennyo:

Hi all

I am currently working on a major deal with a new client and and recently my client's attitude towards me has been less than professional, for one
i have to meet him for lunch or dinner for meetings and when he send text messages to me he refers to me as honey /sweetheart.The most annoying is that recently he gave me a hug right in front of my female colleague However he hasn't come one to me directly or asked me out directly i really do need advise on how to tell him in a subtle manner to back off without offending him i really need to close the deal.

PS Did i mention that i recently got married and he is aware

If you are married, i want to advice you that you should not let your reputation down. I know women are easily deceived and convienced, there is nothing bad for you telling him that you are not for such rather you business. say the truth and shame the devil
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by sley4life(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2009
As a marketer u have to play ur card well. Go & ask female marketers in the bank or big org how many times rope don enter well. Most org use intelligent gorgeous ladies as marketers so as to use their physical appearance to subdue their clients. If u arent ready to do the marketing job knowing the conditions applied you can quit
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Ccomputers(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
Pray to God and he will solve all of this.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by ridgeman: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
This is simple

- Try not to have 1-0-1 meetings with him i.e. always have someone else there with you - make excuses to have that extra person there - also make sure they are trustworthy
- Report your discomfort to your boss/mentor/HR department - make them aware - also make sure you trust whoever it is you tell
- Put your mobile phone on record so your entire conversation is on record - don't let anyone know you are recording as you may get into trouble
- Never accept dinner invitations without your husband/third person present as it is unethical
- Make sure you don't accept any food/drinks - all it takes is a little pill and you will have no memory of what really happened

Also take courage this sort of behaviour will always happen- running away from the situation will only undermine your position in the company.

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Birdooo: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2009
Sincerely 2 me iit as normal, since he hasnt asked u out, he may be trying to be frindly, just make sure u understand his gesture and dont misunderstand him, he may be studing u him self, he may have a problem he wants to pour out but wants to know u first, just dont go to private places with him. if he insist on dinner date tell him u are running errands for ur husband and if he insist, go for the sake of ur job, and in the middle of a great conversation, pretend to want to throw up, tell him uve taken in. see him as a friend but let ur husband know every step. God will give u a good understaning on the ways of men and i pray soon u  will have a good reason to stop being a marketer then u can tell him to roast, i wish u luck though. and mind u most men that have stayed so long abroad does that with no intensions. GOOD LUCK smiley. show him u love ur marriage than the job. give him an impresion that u care less if he takes his account. even though u care. just show an i dont care attitude. if u show him ur job is dependant on his account, believe me he will take advantage.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Enquirer: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tell your management to assign another person to the guy. If that doesn't work, then tell him direct to keep everything professional cos you're married as he's aware. No more funny texts. He obviously is leading up to something. Don't play with your marriage just for the sake of your job. Treating him with kid gloves could could backfire.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by touchmeder: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
This is some tough shyte

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by chukz4real(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2009
fyneguy:

@Jenyo

You have to capitalize on the fact that he knows you are married. Below are some of the things you can apply

1. Discuss him with your husband and tell your husband to call him and thank him for assisting to get a deal for his wife

2. Address him ''Oga mi sir'' and jokingly tell him ''Oga mi, I got your text yesterday thanks. My husband saw the ''sweetheart'' part and I had to explain to him that you called everybody sweetheart in my office. He was a bit jealous but since he trusts me he believed me. Abeg o you know our husbands can be jealous, ''

3. Don't stop going to lunch and Dinner with him. Always avoid too personal discussions with him. You guys can discuss the economy, power problems etc

The man sent u those texts with ''Sweetheart'' to feel you. He's using psychology on you and you have to be smart too.

He will not ask you out until he's sure you will play ball. Dont ever give him the impression you will tag along with him, at the same time, be diplomatic.

Well said my man and what else can I say to this. Madam, remember that the closer u go 'towards' this man the more you may likely get attracted to him. Be prayerful.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kufreabasi(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
sley4life:

As a marketer u have to play ur card well. Go & ask female marketers in the bank or big org how many times rope don enter well. Most org use intelligent gorgeous ladies as marketers so as to use their physical appearance to subdue their clients. If u arent ready to do the marketing job knowing the conditions applied you can quit

these are the kind of people that spoil female marketers
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by nickybayo(f): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2009
fyneguy:

@Jenyo

u're awesome fyneguy
i mean, u said it all
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by mafolayomi(f): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
angry angry angry. sis, y not apply for other professional courses,  maybe outside your field, to back up what you already have?? marketing job  is one job i HATE whole heartedly, honestly

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Tpharell: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
fyneguy:

@Jenyo

Gbam! Gbam!! Gbam!!!
Talking on phone with ur hubby should get him to think twice about the atrocity he is plotting in his perverted little mind. If ur hubby come introduce imself as colonel bizi mungu dey faggotty idiot go talk to imself well well!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by Nezan(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
As far as corporate organization will continue to send beautiful ladies to chase money bags as potential customers, this evil will not end angry

1 Like

Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by saydfact(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
sincerely there are so many comments and i dont know if my wld be needed anyway,
u know ow u pple dress, exposing ur chest all in the name of wearing suit, wat do u expect,

no prob, my advise is wait till he opens up or u might find urself in soup, plus if he's a big customer (lose ur job), cos he wld turn it around if u react without him asking, but he he doea, show him ur ring (perhaps he 4got)
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by saydfact(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Jenyo

DONT EVEN THINK OF TRYING DOSE, THEY'RE OLD SCH AND UR HUSBAND WILL NEVER TRUST U AGAIN, KEEP IT OFFICIAL AND SOLVE IT OFFICIALLY.

I CALL THOSE ADVISE CHILD'S PLAY PART 4.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by fyneguy: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hmmm so primary school pupils don dey follow post for here? grin
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by SamMilla1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2009
say-d-fact:

@Jenyo

DONT EVEN THINK OF TRYING DOSE, THEY'RE OLD SCH AND UR HUSBAND WILL NEVER TRUST U AGAIN, KEEP IT OFFICIAL AND SOLVE IT OFFICIALLY.

I CALL THOSE ADVISE CHILD'S PLAY PART 4.

i like this. welldone
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by kok(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2009
Three options;

Your Marriage;
Your Job
or Both.

Definitely anyone will choose both. So its up to you to hold your grounds and play maturely. a No! is never an offence unless it is wrongly exhibited. so watch out for the appropriate opportunity to spell out your No before the act becomes as usual!
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by charles316: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2009
FYNEGUY,U TOO MUCH.

SLEY4LIFE,U ARE BETTER DEAD THAN ALIVE.

@POSTER,PLS DO NOT FALL FOR THIS AND DO NOT LISTEN TO UR FELLOW GIRL`S ADVICE.U KNO W THEY WILL ALWAYS ILL ADVICE U ESP IF THEY ARE NOT MARRIED YET.
Re: Female Marketer Vs Her Client by adybabs: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
@fyneguy, yu are correct.

i have a feeling the poster is falling already. i can see shes going for the deal at all cost except we at nairaland salvage the situation and let her understand that if her home brakes, the job will eventually go because of the experience and employer gets a replacement for her position in a second.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primavera(P6) Training For Project Managers And Planners / 4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career / The 10 Most Dishonest Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.