Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! (3272 Views)

Does Christainity Encourage Intolerance And Arrogance? / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
Unless someone comes up with a valid and logical reasons or answers to the following questions and observations, I am afraid i would dump christainity before the year runs out. Anyway about 70% Faith has gone.
Now my Questions and Observations;
1. Knowing what I know about the unbelievable immensity of the universe as revealed by contemporary astronomy, I find it utterly ridiculous that a being that created such a universe would be interested in the activities of a cosmically insignificant creature, homo sapiens, who inhabit the surface of a cosmically insignificant planet in the Milky Way.
2. Given what is known scientifically about humans, there is no good evidence for supposing that something in us continues perpetually after our demise. What exactly is an immortal soul for?
3. What is the original sin? According to the Old Testament, Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Surely a mild reprimand would have been enough. Why did God turn the whole thing into the alpha and omega of all sins?
4. According to the scripture, God incarnated in a man, Jesus, who was totured and crucified to atone for the sins of future generation of believers. If that is so my question is, why have christains unfairly vilified Judas, the disciple whose action set the redemption train in motion? In John, 13:27, there is an indication that Jesus actually wanted Judas to betray him so that the Old Testament prophesy might be fulfilled.
5 Assuming that the christain God who is supposed to be a loving father, really wanted to forgive us sins, why didnt he just do so without the wholly unnecessary sadistic rigmarole of having his son manhandled and executed?
6. Why should the redemption of mankind be achieved through blood sacrifice, one of the most antediluvian and cruel modes of appeasing deities?
Everybody is welcome here to contribute.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
all valid questions
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Clerverly: Now my Questions and Observations;
1. Knowing what I know about the unbelievable immensity of the universe as revealed by contemporary astronomy, I find it utterly ridiculous that a being that created such a universe would be interested in the activities of a cosmically insignificant creature, homo sapiens, who inhabit the surface of a cosmically insignificant planet in the Milky Way.

People can't live with a universe that doesn't yield to their every whim so god is the being that can help them overcome the universe.

2. Given what is known scientifically about humans, there is no good evidence for supposing that something in us continues perpetually after our demise. What exactly is an immortal soul for?

The soul is what ancients came up with when faced with their own mortality. Belief in an immortal soul helps people deal with death. A soul is just one's conciousness, and I don't think it survives the brain's death.

3. What is the original sin? According to the Old Testament, Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Surely a mild reprimand would have been enough. Why did God turn the whole thing into the alpha and omega of all sins?

Adam and Eve are part of the jewsih creation myth. It just happens to be the one that has been adopted by the dominant western culture. Original sin in a distortion of justice, common sense and morality. It is also the christian interpretation of the myth because the Jews are said to have a different explanation for their own story.
How can you be guilty of sin commited before your conception? It contradicts an omnibenevolent God who loves you.

4. According to the scripture, God incarnated in a man, Jesus, who was totured and crucified to atone for the sins of future generation of believers. If that is so my question is, why have christains unfairly vilified Judas, the disciple whose action set the redemption train in motion? In John, 13:27, there is an indication that Jesus actually wanted Judas to betray him so that the Old Testament prophesy might be fulfilled.

Because......

5 Assuming that the christain God who is supposed to be a loving father, really wanted to forgive us sins, why didnt he just do so without the wholly unnecessary sadistic rigmarole of having his son manhandled and executed?

it's like making a movie or writing a story, you have to make the plot interesting. What's interesting about just forgiving everyone? He had to add drama, miracles, and torture. That's how bestsellers are written.........it's an hollywood script.

6. Why should the redemption of mankind be achieved through blood sacrifice, one of the most antediluvian and cruel modes of appeasing deities?

Because..........dieties like blood. It's like that in other galaxies too.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
Clerverly: Unless someone comes up with a valid and logical reasons or answers to the following questions and observations, I am afraid i would dump christainity before the year runs out. Anyway about 70% Faith has gone.

Indeed, as such his LOVE is shocking to us, because we cannot grasp the immensity of it all, remember we are created in his image.

It can be likened to the richest man in this world who has power and status, he has over a 100 mansions worldwide, exotic cars, business empire, respect etc , yet all that means nothing to him in the light of his children, they may think that he is so 'large' that they are insignificant , but he thinks different and they are his ALL.

God loves us with a deep Love , Yes we are part of his creation, we do not and cannot presume ON how long the universe has existed for, but we are a special creation , part of GOD's manifold righteous and perfect work , made for his glory.

The Lord Speaks

38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?

3 [U]Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.[/U]
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 W[b]ho marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?[/b]
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone —
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.
19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!
22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
26 to water a land where no one lives,
an uninhabited desert,
27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?
28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?
31 “Can you bind the chains[b] of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[c]
or lead out the Bear[d] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[e] dominion over the earth?
34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom[f]
or gives the rooster understanding?[g]
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?
39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions
40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?
41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?

We do not have immortal souls .
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by joe4christ(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2012
Just reading your post i could not help but laugh at your ignorance, do u really think your not believing God would stop or dethrone him from being God almighty?
Your shallow mind cannot comprehend this God, his ways are far far higher than ours, just as the galaxies in the heavens are far from the earth so are his intelligence far from ours.
The day you find this mighty God by logic that day he cease to be God, do you think such a mighty king does not have a standard and he's so unprincipled that a mere mortal would find logically?
You must be kidding me, if the lord should speak to you audibly about the mysteries of life and the answers to your questions do you think your mind can even comprehend it, when you hear the thunderouse voice of the king of kings do you think your your strength would'nt fail you?

Let me tell you, God almighty defies logic, he only chooses to reveal himself to those he chooses to reveal himself to, if you must get to know him then you must seek him in truth and in spirit and he will be glad to not just reveal himself to you but likewise reveal hidden things of the kingdom to you.

Nough said!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
i will answer them one per post so that it is not all jumbled up. nothing more offputting than a post that has over 15 lines. we aint in school so we dont need to study folks thesis and whatnot. let me start with number 5 and 6 because they are essentially the same questions.

question for you. WHAT IS THE LIFELINE OF THE HUMAN CREATURE ? WHAT GIVES HUMANS LIFE ? WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A HUMAN BEING ? the answer is blood. the blood is the most essential entity in this world without which all life ceases. blood is a very powerful and life sustaining and life giving entity. This blood is how you make peace with the giver of life. blood gives life and God gives life. so these 2 entities are one. which is why this is what is required to make peace with God and to atone for sins LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

thats the power of blood. it sustains life just as the father gives and sustains life. however instead of killing calfs and goats and whatnot, the ultimate sacrifice ensures that every sin is retroactively and proactively atoned for by blood. you dont have to kill calfs or goats and whatnot anymore.
that in essence is the method to the madness ( and i mean madness in a good way )

1 Like

Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2012

The only original sin that exists is the one that Adam and Eve committed.

We are not held accountable from the day we are born, until we come to the age of awareness when we can distinguish between good and bad , making the right choices.

The Sin was made the much worse because the man had allied himself to SATAN the prince of darkness. Sin is borne out of pride and a rejection of God's righteous laws.

However the main reason why he had to be driven out of the garden , is that he would have eaten the tree of life and lived forever in his sinful state which would have meant eternal sorrow. He would have become immortal and be banished from God forever in that most despicable state.

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." - Genesis 3:22

This was an act of Mercy.

Judas was not born to betray Christ, he had an unhealthy lust for Money, and Satan used this to lure him into the betrayal of his master and subsequent destruction of his SOUL.

And no Christian should vilify Judas, why should they ? We are not asked to ? There will always be people who deviate from the norm.

Now to quote the verse in John.

"26 Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him." - John 13:26-27

This in no way means that Christ setup him up , rather because he knew what was in the heart of man, he could see or should we say xray , through Judas's mind and know his next move.

Because without blood there is no remission of sins.

It was not just the blood part friend, Jesus Christ had to defeat DEATH our greatest enemy on our behalf , so that if we believe on him we will never die.

He had to taste death to identify with us and restore humanity to friendship with GOD.

Everybody is welcome here to contribute.

God demands a penalty for sin, God is not a man, he is divine. We do not know the depths of the wickedness and evil of SIN , suffice me to say that atonement for sins was a way out from condemnation and guilt.

We were enslaved by SATAN , but through his blood we are redeemed, in other words a price had to be paid to set us free from the wickedness and bondage of SATAN, Jesus paid for it with his blood.

The shedding of blood means the discarding of a life and hence death , but the resurrection from the dead means the beginning of a new life, with no more death, no more blood shed , instead a new and immortal body that will live for ever.

All these acts which you find quite horrific were actually acts of mercy.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2012
4-why is Judas villified ? there is such a thing called freewill. nobody is coerced to do anything. out of your spirit comes your actions. Judas was fulfilling prophesy but exercising his freewill. its like this. A MANS STEPS ARE DIRECTED BY GOD ( PROVERBS 20 VS 24 ), however your actions are totally your responsibility. so if the lord knows that Judas is a backstabbing prick ( lol ), then he will make sure that at the time the prophesy is to be fulfilled he will let Judas be the one present and not some die hard upright and holy person who wouldnt backstab Jesus. basically two stones are been killed here 1-a backstabbing person is been put in a position were he will get his comeuppance (2) prophesy is been fulfilled. THERE IS A METHOD TO THE MADNESS. BUT IT ALL MAKES SENSE IN THE END AND EVERYONE OPERATES OUT OF THEIR OWN FREEWILL HOWEVER THE LORD WILL PLACE YOU IN CERTAIN PLACES WHERE HE NEEDS YOU TO BE TO EXERCISE CERTAIN TRAITS IN YOU, OR IF YOU NEED TO BE PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING HE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE YOU WILL RECIEVE THE PUNISHMENT. LORD IS GREAT BRUH. YOU CANT GIVE HIM UP. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD GIVE UP GOING TO CHURCH. THOSE ARE DENS OF INIQUITY.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
3-THE bible is not meant to be read literally. it wasnt an apple as in a fruit. the apple is symbolic for spiritual idolatry. eve got seduced by deceiving spirits and she got adam on board too and they stopped following God. ( same way their been n-aked was not literally n-aked. their been n-aked means that after the lord departed from them, their protection was removed and hence they became na-ked ). cant read bible literally Chief. you need proper apostles to unravel these words for ya
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by logicboy01: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
buzugee: 4-why is Judas villified ? there is such a thing called freewill. nobody is coerced to do anything. out of your spirit comes your actions. Judas was fulfilling prophesy but exercising his freewill. its like this. A MANS STEPS ARE DIRECTED BY GOD ( PROVERBS 20 VS 24 ), however your actions are totally your responsibility. so if the lord knows that Judas is a backstabbing prick ( lol ), then he will make sure that at the time the prophesy is to be fulfilled he will let Judas be the one present and not some die hard upright and holy person who wouldnt backstab Jesus. basically two stones are been killed here 1-a [b]backstabbing person is been put in a position were he will get his comeuppance (2) prophesy is been fulfilled. [/b]THERE IS A METHOD TO THE MADNESS. BUT IT ALL MAKES SENSE IN THE END AND EVERYONE OPERATES OUT OF THEIR OWN FREEWILL HOWEVER THE LORD WILL PLACE YOU IN CERTAIN PLACES WHERE HE NEEDS YOU TO BE TO EXERCISE CERTAIN TRAITS IN YOU, OR IF YOU NEED TO BE PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING HE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE YOU WILL RECIEVE THE PUNISHMENT. LORD IS GREAT BRUH. YOU CANT GIVE HIM UP. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD GIVE UP GOING TO CHURCH. THOSE ARE DENS OF INIQUITY.

God in his infinite wisdom could not just stop the backstabbing altogether and forgive people's sins without the death of his son Jesus (Who is himself)
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
2- I cant help you with number 2 if you are looking for scientific evidence of reincarnation, however what i can tell you is that reincarnation is how the earth is populated. we are like YOYOS. we have our time on earth, return to rest in the spiritual realm, bounce back down to earth to pay for sins of previous life, die, go rest again, then back down to earth to pay for sins of previous life. and the cycle continues. i have over 15 scriptures on reincarnation if you are so curious. souls ( spirits ) dont die. they are simply recycled into new bodys.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
joe4christ: Just reading your post i could not help but laugh at your ignorance, do u really think your not believing God would stop or dethrone him from being God almighty?
Your shallow mind cannot comprehend this God, his ways are far far higher than ours, just as the galaxies in the heavens are far from the earth so are his intelligence far from ours.
The day you find this mighty God by logic that day he cease to be God, do you think such a mighty king does not have a standard and he's so unprincipled that a mere mortal would find logically?
You must be kidding me, if the lord should speak to you audibly about the mysteries of life and the answers to your questions do you think your mind can even comprehend it, when you hear the thunderouse voice of the king of kings do you think your your strength would'nt fail you?

Let me tell you, God almighty defies logic, he only chooses to reveal himself to those he chooses to reveal himself to, if you must get to know him then you must seek him in truth and in spirit and he will be glad to not just reveal himself to you but likewise reveal hidden things of the kingdom to you.

Nough said!
This is exacty why my faith is eroding; Mysteries, not logic, you cannot understand etc. Why not just help my ignorance instead of begging my questions. You detest logic yet you apply it in wading thru life challenges.
Next please..
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by logicboy01: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
buzugee: 2- I cant help you with number 2 if you are looking for scientific evidence of reincarnation, however what i can tell you is that reincarnation is how the earth is populated. we are like YOYOS. we have our time on earth, return to rest in the spiritual realm, bounce back down to earth to pay for sins of previous life, die, go rest again, then back down to earth to pay for sins of previous life. and the cycle continues. i have over 15 scriptures on reincarnation if you are so curious. souls ( spirits ) dont die. they are simply recycled into new bodys.

Reincarnation with scientific evidence?
Yoyos?
Immortal spirits?

Weed has destroyed your sense of reality. You are mad. Sorry, I used to think that you were joking at times but this is plain madness.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
1-what is the purpose of the universe and the earth without its inhabitants ? you think God created these things so he can admire and be amazed at what he has created ? lol ? . those things were created to be INHABITED. the inhabitants are whom these things were created for so the inhabitants are more important.

isaiah 45 vs 18[b] For this is what the LORD says--he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited--he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.
[/b]

the other realms beside the earth is where all the spiritual bodies rest inbetween been in human forms. however when it is time to be deployed into a body, you come back down to earth. SO IN ESSENCE THESE THINGS WERE MADE FOR THE PEOPLE SO NO NEED TO WONDER WHY HE CARES ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN HE MADE THOSE THINGS

AND WITH THAT I HOPE I HAVE PLAYED MY PART IN MAKING YOU STAY STRONG WITH THE LORD BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM YOU ARE N-AKED. EXPOSED. NOT A GOOD STATE TO BE IN A DIABOLICAL WORLD ( AND IT IS ONLY DIABOLICAL FOR A PERIOD AND NOT FOREVER. BUT TILL THE RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED AFTER THESE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION IN HELL ON EARTH ) YOU NEED YOUR PROTECTION BRUH. YOU CANT BE BUTT NEKKID OUT HERE grin )
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
buzugee: 1-what is the purpose of the universe and the earth without its inhabitants ? you think God created these things so he can admire and be amazed at what he has created ? lol ? . those things were created to be INHABITED. the inhabitants are whom these things were created for so the inhabitants are more important.

isaiah 45 vs 18[b] For this is what the LORD says--he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited--he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.
[/b]

the other realms beside the earth is where all the spiritual bodies rest inbetween been in human forms. however when it is time to be deployed into a body, you come back down to earth. SO IN ESSENCE THESE THINGS WERE MADE FOR THE PEOPLE SO NO NEED TO WONDER WHY HE CARES ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN HE MADE THOSE THINGS

AND WITH THAT I HOPE I HAVE PLAYED MY PART IN MAKING YOU STAY STRONG WITH THE LORD BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM YOU ARE N-AKED. EXPOSED. NOT A GOOD STATE TO BE IN A DIABOLICAL WORLD ( AND IT IS ONLY DIABOLICAL FOR A PERIOD AND NOT FOREVER. BUT TILL THE RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED AFTER THESE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION IN HELL ON EARTH ) YOU NEED YOUR PROTECTION BRUH. YOU CANT BE BUTT NEKKID OUT HERE grin )
Thanks but i need more logical answers.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
Clerverly:
Thanks but i need more logical answers.
I did my part. your blood is off my hands. now its your decision whether to hear or forbear. i can see you are being seduced by deceiving spirits. HEAR OR FORBEAR
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by manmacho: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
the question i will ask you is dat were you ever a christain, because the mystery of the kingdom only come to those that believe.

to understand in plain term you need God revelation through is spirit.

otherwise you keep asking, and asking and never stop asking.

this type of question leads to no profiting.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
manmacho: the question i will ask you is dat were you ever a christain, because the mystery of the kingdom only come to those that believe.

to understand in plain term you need God revelation through is spirit.

otherwise you keep asking, and asking and never stop asking.

this type of question leads to no profiting.

I agree, it just leads to more and more questions and mostly not asked out of a sincere seeking heart.

Not everyone will believe in and LOVE God.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by cyrexx: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
to help you uninstall the remaining 30% of your faith in religion and christianity in particular
visit these sites and let me have your feedback and we can continue from there

best wishes in your quest for truth and meaning

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/DebunkingChristians/Contents.htm

http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=refute
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=contra
http://ffrf.org/publications/freethought-today/articles/Debunking-the-Historical-Jesus/
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=theologian
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
You can also check out this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/274559/think-im-losing-faith-god by blackspade
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Piyke: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
@cleverly you can never understand God by human logic so stop trying, that why even the disciples of Jesus at most times couldn't understand what He was saying because the Spirit had not yet come. You have to come in childlike faith and with time you will get some of the answers to your questions. I use to remember when I asked such. Meanwhile there are also things you will only understand when you get to heaven, this is what Paul meant when he said we know in part and prophesy in part in 1cor 13:9
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by logicboy01: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2012
Piyke: @cleverly you can never understand God by human logic so stop trying, that why even the disciples of Jesus at most times couldn't understand what He was saying because the Spirit had not yet come. You have to come in childlike faith and with time you will get some of the answers to your questions. I use to remember when I asked such. Meanwhile there are also things you will only understand when you get to heaven, this is what Paul meant when he said we know in part and prophesy in part in 1cor 13:9

How foolish. If God can not be understood by human logic, then there is no way you, yourself knows anything about God.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2012
Piyke: @cleverly you can never understand God by human logic so stop trying, that why even the disciples of Jesus at most times couldn't understand what He was saying because the Spirit had not yet come. You have to come in childlike faith and with time you will get some of the answers to your questions. I use to remember when I asked such. Meanwhile there are also things you will only understand when you get to heaven, this is what Paul meant when he said we know in part and prophesy in part in 1cor 13:9
You did not try! Next pls
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2012
Clerverly:
You did not try! Next pls
why dont you go ahead and do whats on your mind already. you dont need to be convinced. sounds like you already made up your mind. grow some balls and do whats on your mind and stop wasting peoples time. are you scared ni ?
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2012
buzugee: why dont you go ahead and do whats on your mind already. you dont need to be convinced. sounds like you already made up your mind. grow some balls and do whats on your mind and stop wasting peoples time. are you scared ni ?
I am yet to make up my mind, thats why i'm here to enlightened.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by tbaba1234: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2012
Clerverly: Unless someone comes up with a valid and logical reasons or answers to the following questions and observations, I am afraid i would dump christainity before the year runs out. Anyway about 70% Faith has gone.
Indeed, you are correct,

1. The universe is indeed vast and far greater than mankind like the Quran says

The creation of the heavens and earth is greater by far than the creation of mankind, though most people do not know it. (Quran 40:57)

Sometimes, we are too absorbed in ourselves to realise that we are insignificant in the universe. Everything in the universe follows certain rules , what we call the laws of nature... You see as muslims we believe that this balance is maintained by a creator who has not only a will but the power to actualise His will. This is manifested in the creation.

So why would God be concerned about humans? We are just a spec in a spec in a spec really.... God states in the Quran

Can man not see that We created him from a drop of fluid? Yet– lo and behold!– he disputes openly, producing arguments against Us, forgetting his own creation. He says, ‘Who can give life back to bones after they have decayed?’

Say, ‘He who created them in the first place will give them life again: He has full knowledge of every act of creation. (Quran 36: 77-79)

So not only does he create, he has full knowledge of every creation, including the spec that is mankind and things even smaller.

2. What we know scientifically about human is very limited... Science still can't tell us why we sleep for instance. An article from national geographic: http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2009/08/26/why_we_sleep_is_a_mystery/

You see, if there is a creator, there must be evidence for him. That evidence must transcend what the human mind is able to provide and fill up some of the holes in our scientific knowledge. A muslim would present the Quran as something that goes beyond what human can produce and would provide the evidence for it. Kindly check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-pre-ramadan-study-interactive

3.What is the original sin? According to the Old Testament, Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Surely a mild reprimand would have been enough. Why did God turn the whole thing into the alpha and omega of all sins?

As muslims, we do not believe in original sin first of all..

Man was created for the earth and would have come to the earth anyways..

[Prophet], when your Lord told the angels, ‘I am putting a successor on earth,’ they said, ‘How can You put someone there who will cause damage and bloodshed, when we celebrate Your praise and proclaim Your holiness?’ but He said, ‘I know things you do not.’ (Quran 2:30)

He was in the garden for a brief period, they were told to not approach a tree, he did.... He disobeyed while making an independent choice... The Quran calls it a slip not the biggest sin in the history of mankind...

But Satan made them slip, and removed them from the state they were in. (Quran 2:36)

But they sought forgiveness and were duely forgiven,,,

Then Adam received some words from his Lord and He accepted his repentance: He is the Ever Relenting, the Most Merciful (Quran 2:37)

According to the scripture, God incarnated in a man, Jesus, who was totured and crucified to atone for the sins of future generation of believers. If that is so my question is, why have christains unfairly vilified Judas, the disciple whose action set the redemption train in motion? In John, 13:27, there is an indication that Jesus actually wanted Judas to betray him so that the Old Testament prophesy might be fulfilled.

Do you believe that God is a spec in a spec in a spec?... The verse below summarizes our belief of Jesus:

People of the Book (Jews and christians), do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Quran 4:171)

The other questions are not for me to answer...
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2012
tbaba1234:
Indeed, you are correct,

1. The universe is indeed vast and far greater than mankind like the Quran says

The creation of the heavens and earth is greater by far than the creation of mankind, though most people do not know it. (Quran 40:57)

Sometimes, we are too absorbed in ourselves to realise that we are insignificant in the universe. Everything in the universe follows certain rules , what we call the laws of nature... You see as muslims we believe that this balance is maintained by a creator who has not only a will but the power to actualise His will. This is manifested in the creation.

So why would God be concerned about humans? We are just a spec in a spec in a spec really.... God states in the Quran

Can man not see that We created him from a drop of fluid? Yet– lo and behold!– he disputes openly, producing arguments against Us, forgetting his own creation. He says, ‘Who can give life back to bones after they have decayed?’

Say, ‘He who created them in the first place will give them life again: He has full knowledge of every act of creation. (Quran 36: 77-79)

So not only does he create, he has full knowledge of every creation, including the spec that is mankind and things even smaller.

2. What we know scientifically about human is very limited... Science still can't tell us why we sleep for instance. An article from national geographic: http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2009/08/26/why_we_sleep_is_a_mystery/

You see, if there is a creator, there must be evidence for him. That evidence must transcend what the human mind is able to provide and fill up some of the holes in our scientific knowledge. A muslim would present the Quran as something that goes beyond what human can produce and would provide the evidence for it. Kindly check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-pre-ramadan-study-interactive

As muslims, we do not believe in original sin first of all..

Man was created for the earth and would have come to the earth anyways..

[Prophet], when your Lord told the angels, ‘I am putting a successor on earth,’ they said, ‘How can You put someone there who will cause damage and bloodshed, when we celebrate Your praise and proclaim Your holiness?’ but He said, ‘I know things you do not.’ (Quran 2:30)

He was in the garden for a brief period, they were told to not approach a tree, he did.... He disobeyed while making an independent choice... The Quran calls it a slip not the biggest sin in the history of mankind...

But Satan made them slip, and removed them from the state they were in. (Quran 2:36)

But they sought forgiveness and were duely forgiven,,,

Then Adam received some words from his Lord and He accepted his repentance: He is the Ever Relenting, the Most Merciful (Quran 2:37)

Do you believe that God is a spec in a spec in a spec?... The verse below summarizes our belief of Jesus:

People of the Book (Jews and christians), do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Quran 4:171)

The[b] other questions are not for me to answer...
[/b]

I understand....

Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee: why dont you go ahead and do whats on your mind already. you dont need to be convinced. sounds like you already made up your mind. grow some balls and do whats on your mind and stop wasting peoples time. are you scared ni ?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by logicboy01: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2012
frosbel:

lol...so you and buzugee have given up on your evangelism
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Clerverly: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

I tire oooo!
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by buzugee(m): 11:37am On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

its obvious the guy is not serious plus he has a flippant attitude for someone who truly is in a quagmire.
Re: Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! by Kay17: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
joe4christ: Just reading your post i could not help but laugh at your ignorance, do u really think your not believing God would stop or dethrone him from being God almighty?

Nough said!

Knowing fully well that the mind is very powerful, it creates both the real and unreal. Considering that, wouldn't it as a Christian to say God is incomprehensible and then enumerate his emotions and intents? If a being is incomprehenisble, then it is unknowable. If a man worships an unknown being, then its madness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. / Ten Ways To Convert An Atheist To Christian / Know Your Popes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.