Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! (5171 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Government Breaking Down Corruption Taproot. / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by DuduNegro: 1:09am On Jul 04, 2012
GenBuhari: @Dudu_Negro,

My intial post was to correc the view that was being thrown about that the 1999 cinsttitution was an upgrade of the 1995 one.

We should compare and contrast the 1995 contitution and the 1999 one.

Many people keep calling for a Soverign Constitutional Conference, well it has already happened in 1995. We can save a lot of time and money by adopting the 1995 constitution and tinkering / udgrading if necessary.

I suggest you go and push your Abacha is Jesus propaganda elsewhere. There was no Constitution in 1995.

The 1999 Constitution, which is in topic, was preceded by the 1993 Constitution.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 04, 2012
@Dudu_Negro
Your misguided and unwarranted hatred of Abacha, is preventing you to see reason.
What a pity!

I was not just suggesting the adoption of 1995 constitution because Abacha was responsible for it, the main reason is simply because it is the draft constitution document of Nigeria's latest National Constitutional Conference.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by DuduNegro: 1:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Do me a favor. . . this thread is discussing 1999 Constitution. If you are interested in discussing 1995 Constitution, then please open a new topic for it. I will come there and contribute to the best of my ability. Just make sure the document of the 95 Constitution is accessible for discussion.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 04, 2012
I respect that, how ever I would just like to re-iterate that I made first post to correct the view, that the 1999 constitution was an upgrade of the 1995 draft constitution. The draft constitution of 1995 was jettisoned by Obasanjo more or less in its entirety in favour of the re-hatched 1979 constitution.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by DuduNegro: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
If the 1995 draft was abandoned in its entirety, then how does it feature as a baseline into the 1999 version? If it was abandoned, then it has no relevance in the 1999 document. If I follow your argument, on one hand you are saying that the 95 draft did not materialize in the 99 version, but then turn around and say there's a parent-child relationship between the two. How so?
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by naptu2: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
We had the 1979 constitution (drafted by the 1977-79 constituent assembly) which was operated during th 2nd Republic (1979-1983), the 1989 constitution (drafted by the 1988 constituent assembly) which was operated by the 3rd republic (1991-1993), the 1995 constitution which was never used and the 1999 constitution, which is an updated version of the '79 and '89 constitutions.

The 1995 constitution was never used, although some of its provisions (eg 6 geo-political zones) are used as guiding principles today.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by DuduNegro: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Thank you naptu.
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro,
I was not the person that said that there is a relationship between the 1995 draft constitution and the 1999 constitution (which was a re-hatch of Obj's 1979 constitution).
please review by previous posts on this thread.

i have consistently said that the Obj jettisoned the entire 1995 draft constistution in favour of a re-hatched version of the 1979 version, now known as the 1979 constitution.

Any way it appears that naptu2 has now cleared this up for you.

Dudu_Negro: If the 1995 draft was abandoned in its entirety, then how does it feature as a baseline into the 1999 version? If it was abandoned, then it has no relevance in the 1999 document. If I follow your argument, on one hand you are saying that the 95 draft did not materialize in the 99 version, but then turn around and say there's a parent-child relationship between the two. How so?
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by Lisa1: 3:23am On Jul 05, 2012
Re: Breaking Down The Constitution . . . .a Section At A Time! by Goldman360: 12:40am On Aug 11, 2018
Foundations of Human Rights Law In The 1999 Nigerian Constitution (As Amended): A Hermeneutical Philosophic Analysis

Human right arises basically because man is in interaction with man in society.... To insist on   divorcing man from society is to pry man outside the reality of ordinary existence. Freedom to exercise individual rights within the context of social justice should be the derivative principle...

http://www.scharticles.com/foundations-of-human-rights-law-in-the-1999-nigerian-constitution-as-amended/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambassador JT Kolo Is Dead / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss / 'Sit-At-home: South-East Micro Businesses Lost Estimated N4.6trn In 52 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.