Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (5167 Views)

Why We Won’t Reverse Power Privatisation – FG / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2015
The chairman, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory
Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, has
said that there is the possibility that the
incoming government of General
Muhammadu Buhari can undo the
privatisation of the power sector.

leadership.ng/news/425400/buhari-can-cancel-power-privatisation-nerc-boss

What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by gen2briz(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2015
All I want is steady power supply.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Whatever needs to be done for constant and affordable power supply is very much welcomed.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by blackrules1(m): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2015
So, does 'undo' mean FG will refund the money paid by the investors?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by agarawu23(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2015
all way na way make light don dey ni

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Bevista: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Amadi should not try to pre-empt the General. We voted for Change, and if the president deems it fit to make adjustments to existing policies - so be it.

Afterall, one of Yar'Adua first assignment in office was to cancel the sale of refinery by Obasanjo to Dangote/Otedola.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by refreshrate: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:

Exactly what was going through my mind
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Chanchit: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2015
Make he cancel am if that would cancel all d debt on my pre-paid metre, so we can just start afresh.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by macpetrus(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2015
I have nothing to say... But most of the government property are being taking for granted, they just collect salaries without working!! Private sectors is ok for Me...
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Franzeez(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2015
refreshrate:

Exactly what was going through my mind

Every dime will be returned

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by PapaBrowne(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
Osibanjo supports the privatization. He said APC believes in the privatization.

To reverse the privatization would be terrible cos its proven beyond reasonable doubt that government cannot successfully run enterprises.
However it wouldn't be bad to revoke the licenses of the companies failing to meet the privatization agreement terms. Largely, the failures are a function of either poor experience from the license holders or lack of funding. So if the licenses are given to more competent companies, that would be fine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by seunfly: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2015
When prof Barth Nnaji was the head, the electricity really improved but after Barth and the sales of those plant all we have left is darkness, so please what ever is best for us all.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2015
He should cancel that of Enugu distribution and do the bidding again,them do magomago for Enugu .

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by galadima77(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2015
macpetrus:
I have nothing to say... But most of the government property are being taking for granted, they just collect salaries without working!! Private sectors is ok for Me...

seems they got it wrong wit power sector...

in minna now its darkness galore... one of mamy reasons pdp failed here

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by galadima77(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2015
macpetrus:

seems they got it wrong wit power sector...

in minna now its darkness galore... one of many reasons pdp failed here
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2015
The NERC boss only said "Buhari can" and not "Buhari will".

For me, whatever the new administration deems fit to achieve desired results is welcome.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by lyntiffany(f): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
He should cancel that of Enugu distribution and do the bidding again,them do magomago for Enugu .
how my dear? cos the Enugu I visited dey get light 2-4-7.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by wilybebsy(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Its not about having light but what transpired during the bidding process
lyntiffany:
how my dear? cos the Enugu I visited dey get light 2-4-7.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nkemadim(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls let him do dat, it those PDP criminal dat bought it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by lyntiffany(f): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Aiit I Concord sir.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Sweetguy25: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2015
He can do but he won't do it. Its political suicide.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2015
PassingShot:
The NERC boss only said "Buhari can" and not "Buhari will".

For me, whatever the new administration deems fit to achieve desired results is welcome.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by BiafranPrince: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2015
No no no no.

Make im no try am abeg, now since wey dem privatize, my area wey no dey see light dey get light anyhow now.

And since Jonah commission Alaoji, light is now sarara.

Buhari, no even try am abeg.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Pavore9: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2015
All Nigerians want is steady supply of electricity, it is no rocket science!
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fkaz(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Privatisation of PHCN still remain the best, not minding who buy the company. But the most important thing is for Buhari government to keep close watch on them, to give them target of MW which they will add to national grid in every six month. If they can't meet up the target, their license should be revoke and re-allocate to a competent company.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Dracula27: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2015
If he cancels then the person after him would cancel his own.
With that the private sector would not have enough confidence to invest in our economy.
That would leave our economy and infrastructure permanently under government control.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by abes(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:

Nigerians have already refunded and still refunding the money invested by paying service charges every month without getting power supply.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 13, 2015
So, part of this incoming illiterate government strategy is to use arms-chair journalist to send bits of information to the media to stoke our feelings and explain how governance should be done ? I am here, and I will not say anything until they do "kpim" in the wrong direction.

Buhari MUST provide me with 247 electricity within 3 months, he promised.

Buhari MUST stabilize the price of crude oil, he promised.

Buhari MUST provide a square meal of balanced diet to all school kids, he promised.

Buhari MUST equate 1Naira to 1dollar, he promised.

Buhari MUST fight corruption, (starting from Tinubu), he promised.

Buhari MUST pay post-NYSC members minimum wage for 1 year, he promised.

When Buhari does all these, I will be super-excited to call him, my Hero.

But for now, he remains the most illiterate President in the 21st century worldwide. He remained the man who was voted into power by the army of illiterate tribalistic gingoist powered by the Lord of Fraud of Bourdillon and driven by the Bi-Sexual looking Amaechi.

Freedom of Speech, what a sweet delight. Thanks to GEJ for FOI Bill.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by mtchris(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2015
Since power was privatized, my phone's battery would remain 1% but i wouldn't worry 'cause i know there's light. Tho it's not that it doesn't go off sometimes but it can go off for 20mins unless there was a general fault. So Buhari should go sit down for gutter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Billions In Foreign Banks / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Action Committee On Enugu Airport Upgrade / Call Me A Bastard if Ize Iyamu Fail To Win Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.