Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? (7510 Views)

Nigerian Youths, "How Far?" / Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: I need you to state what Nigerian youths can do to help Nigeria, I am not interested in making perfect recommendations, our collective psyche has to be positively altered.

My friend, you are trying to put a lipstick on a pig.

It would warrant writing a manifesto here on what Nigerian kids should do. We need to tackle the root cause of the problem. You can't build a house on a shaky foundation. Does the present climate favourable for foreign investment? Oh you think, them potential investors don't watch the news? Business ideas sound good, but it would do us more good if we are realistic on the ground by putting first thing first.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by dvee2: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
ONE OF THE MOST THRILLING POINTS IN MY LIFE IS WHEN I HEAR NIGERIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM BEING PLAYED IN AN INTERNATIONAL ARENA,BE IT FOOTBALL OR ATHELETICS.THE EXCITEMENT WHEN A NIGERIAN CLIMB THE PODIUM TO COLLECT A MEDAL IS INMEASUREABLE,AT THAT POINT IT DOESNT MATTER WEATHER THE PERSON IS HAUSA,YORUBA OR IBO. I LOOK AT MY COUNTRY AND I SAY BELIEVE ME WE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BEAT JAMAICA IN WORLD ATHLETICS,BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THE FACILITY. WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR GOVERNMENT,RE INTRODUCE SCHOOL COMPETION,MAKE FACILITIES AVAILABL, BE OBJECTIVE IF YOU ARE IN POSITION AND CHOOSE THE BEST TO REPRESENT YOUR NATION NOT THE ONE THAT COMES FROM YOUR VILLAGE. GIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISE THAT AMONG THE MILIOTANTS/BOKO HARAM BOYS THAT WERE VICTIMS OF OUR POLITICIANS, AMONG THEM THEIR IS A WORLD CHAMPION.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Ortis: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
I was thinkin of joinin BH or inaugratin my own dreaded christian sect(jesu-haram) bt ur long speech touched my heart.....so i guex i wil rethink....so i wil be a druglord or i wil join d movin train PDP.....and possible loot money wit dem nd by so doin i wil donate 2 d charity n d poor....i believ nigeria wil b beta by my plans

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Caseless: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
The youths are enshrouded or clouded with sentiments, as such it is difficult 4 d youths To think of anything right that will help dis country. The youths, I don't think the futre depends on it.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
dvee2: FURTHERMORE,OUR YOUTHS SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATION BY CONTRIBUTING EVEN ONE HOUR OF THEIR TIME TO SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMMES LIKE WIDOWS,MOTHERLESS BABIES,ETC. WE WRONGLY ASSUME ONLY FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE REQUIRED BY SUCH BODIES,I SAY THEY OFTEN WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TIME WHEN YOU APPROACH THEM WILL ADVISE YOU ON OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP APPART FROM FINANCIALLY IF YOU CANT AFFORD.
AlSO YOU CAN VISIT YOUR ALMAMATER OR ANY SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER TO ENLIGHTEN THE KIDS ON POSITIVE AND SUCCESSFUL TRAITS. EDUCATE THEM ON HOW YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL,YOU WILL BE AMAZED ABOUT HOW MANY LIVES YOU WILL TOUCH,BELIEVE ME I HAVE DONE THAT.
SPORTS IS EXTRA CARRICULLAR ACTIVITIES IS A MUST. THE POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH IN THESE AREA IN NIGERIA IS ENORMOUS YET IT REMAIN GROSSLY UNDERDEVELOPED. A GREAT PERCENTAGE OF ARE YOUTHS COULD BE ACTIVE AND EXCELL IN SPORTS WHICH WILL IN TURN BRING NATIONAL HONORS FOR THE COUNTRY. HOWEVER MOST NIGERIAN CITIES TODAY LACK AN AVERAGE FOOTBALL PLAYING GROUND OR BASKET BALL COURT. I LOOK AT THE ENTIRE CITY OF ABUJA,THERE IS NO PLAN OR EXISTING SPORTS CLUB WHERE YOU CAN TAKE THE YOUTHS OUT FROM THE STREET AND ONTO THE TRAINING GROUND. WE CAN EXPLORE PUTTING ONE OR TWO OF SUCH FACILITIES IT DOESNT COST MUCH,YOU WILL BE AMAZED THE TALENT YOU WILL GET.

gbogboti:

My brother, ur comment made a whole lot of sense. A lot of us want to buy all d world. A lot use expensive phones just for show. U can imagine low IQ persons using expensive BB for pinging ONLY. When Curve 2 of 20k 'd serve this purpose and even more. Only 2 percent explore the usage of BB in Nigeria. We all want expensive cars in number when @most 2 simple cars 'll do for convenience sake. We all want to live in mansions with just ourselves, wife and maybe 3kids. When a simple 4bedrooms 'd accommodate us very well. Minding the fact that the kids 'd grow up and live someday. We are all chasing Vanity. Only if we know this. Then there won't be corruption. That's why I so much love the book of the Preacher.
Bros I like your nairaland name...you living up to it.
a1solution: Sum may think this is off point but dis advise may be relevant to some extent; youths (boys/girls) should stop buying want rather than neccessity, it increases the rate of poverty/corruption and crime and keep drawing us back from making progress. .E.g one boy ten girl griends. in some cases monthly salary N20k u want to live in a mansion like the corrupt senator in ur neighborhood or a student hustling to buy phone of N70k just for show off. Nigeria would begin to get better when the present youth begin to cut coat according to size.

analryder: Lets carry out a TRANSITION...we need to start from our inner mindsets to fight against the ills of our society. At the moment we should start by abandoning what government should do for us and think of what to do for our government. Good that we have varieties of modes for sharing and getting informations with the rampage of the social media outfit around us today. These oppressors of our society does all they can by the help of we youths due to our lazy, greedy and materialistic attitudes to gain what they want ( money, power & respect ). It goes straight to show that for them to take part in any corrupt act they need us and if they are coming in for a change they really need us too. So the future of our country lies in our own hands, and we should stand up now to act on what is right!
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKW319SOzO4

A TRANSITION should start immediately, Libya and Egypt did it and today they are almost or totally free from OPPRESSION and CABALOCRACY!!!

a1solution: Sum may think this is off point but dis advise may be relevant to some extent; youths (boys/girls) should stop buying want rather than neccessity, it increases the rate of poverty/corruption and crime and keep drawing us back from making progress. .E.g one boy ten girl griends. in some cases monthly salary N20k u want to live in a mansion like the corrupt senator in ur neighborhood or a student hustling to buy phone of N70k just for show off. Nigeria would begin to get better when the present youth begin to cut coat according to size.

Great posts. That is what we are talking about.

Change a nations youth mindset and philosophy to life. Exalt good values and you and you have changed the mindset and the country at large fundamentally for the better and other things will be added.

Its not about how to buy and sell akara.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Ekpekus(m): 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
This is indeed one of the best post I have seen in NL for quite a long time. I must appreciate all the comments thus far.
I will say it start with me! Applying acquired knowledge, seeking to update my knowledge & skills, exposing & correcting wrongs in my immediate family,office and community; ready to register and vote wisely; discarding the "government do all mentality; punctuality at meetings and workplace; carrying out my lawful duty euthusiastically...
So many ways to affect our various corners of the nation! It all begins with me!!!!!!!!
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Caseless: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr.Lu.Gold:
Regardless of the fact that our dear country is riddled with corruption, ruled by illiterate greedy and previously shoeless thugs, i am still proud to be Nigerian. We shouldn't compare ourselves to countries like the USA and great Britain. Those countries are quite old and have seen their
shoeless thug! Hahahaha...I can't stop laughing! Don't worry, the shoeless guy is in a state of obloquy
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
What Nigerian youths should do to help Nigeria is stay off politics and start inventing products, designing 21st century web applications and stop talking politics.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by 1forall: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
"Nigerian activists and intellectuals need to start thinking extremely seriously about the option of public pedagogy [teaching and instruction]. We have to look beyond formal institutions to instruct and educate our people. We have to take civics to the streets, to social media, to Molue buses, to paraga joints. We have to meet Nigerians where they are. This would involve painstaking planning and networking. It would require dedicated intellects willing to brainstorm and strategize.

Once we agree that public pedagogy is an option we need to consider very seriously, conceptualization and planning could follow. In the end, every citizen we gain who no longer identifies with his own oppressor, even if the oppressor is his ethnic kinsman - is one giant step for Nigeria. With public pedagogy and instruction, we can begin to undo the psychological injury that the oppressor has done to our Stockholm Syndromed compatriots and begin the process of taking Nigeria back one mind at a time."

~ Pius Adesanmi

Source: Click here

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by ifebosco: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
give every nigerian in less then 6 mounths a biometric ID CARD

advantages==
1)will help us to control crime
2)will control our borders
3)will fiscalize the country economically, so that everybody will know the pockets of our so call rich mens and the rich will pay more in the taxation form. use this to help the social inbalance in the country,bridge the gap between the rich and poor,in the next 5years you will have a middle class that can be the driven force of the economy (no oil money is needed)
4)will help us to resolve the problems of ghost workers in our public sector
5)will help us with electoral frauds, at least 80% will be controled
6)will be easier for traffic ofenders to be santions
many more things will be achieve from this biometrc id card

i have bad news for nigerians, sorry our politicians know very well that if we have a valid biometric id card, their criminal act will reduce

they are not ready for that, the situation in nigeria today is bad and we have people who enjoy it like this.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
1forall: "Nigerian activists and intellectuals need to start thinking extremely seriously about the option of public pedagogy [teaching and instruction]. We have to look beyond formal institutions to instruct and educate our people. We have to take civics to the streets, to social media, to Molue buses, to paraga joints. We have to meet Nigerians where they are. This would involve painstaking planning and networking. It would require dedicated intellects willing to brainstorm and strategize.

Once we agree that public pedagogy is an option we need to consider very seriously, conceptualization and planning could follow. In the end, every citizen we gain who no longer identifies with his own oppressor, even if the oppressor is his ethnic kinsman - is one giant step for Nigeria. With public pedagogy and instruction, we can begin to undo the psychological injury that the oppressor has done to our Stockholm Syndromed compatriots and begin the process of taking Nigeria back one mind at a time."

~ Pius Adesanmi

Source: Click here

Another great poster. Kudos.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by seguntijan(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nnamdi99: D only way to move this country forward is by killing/elliminating all muslems.......... Dats d only way
i dont know that a fanatic reterdeen person like you still exist, you are one of Nigeria problem that need to be eliminated.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by coninse: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
I am glad somone posted this topic. I can see some nice ideas are coming up but seriously, ppl just comment without any action. What I think we should do now is set up a new group on Nairaland with the aim of helping our nation. We need real action rather than just talk like our leaders. There are a lot of talented and hardworking people in Nigeria but they are currently being wasted due to the soceity they find themselves.

We need to start taking action now rather than later. Giving opinion on nairaland is not enough, your fellow countrymen need your help. We shouldn't abardon Nigeria now because things are not working. Pls let us come together and help our Nation. I see no sense in wasting your precious time commenting on something that is not useful to our nation Nigeria.

If you truely have Nigeria at heart, take an action. If you are with me, give your suggestion and let's start a group towards helping the nation. Our voices may not be heard now but our actions will speak for us.

HOPE FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
I do not always say much on nairaland topics, however, on dis issue...
I noticed that some people seem to say they are disappointed at d responses they are getting from youths on this thread,
I love it when youths 'yarn' their minds out and fail to be hypocrites..
Most of those makin godly posts are somewhere in the US or UK... They only watch d news..
WE, we wey dey yarn d mata... We know what we have been thru,
Sometimes u hear ppl preachin dat youths shuldnt collect money from politicians..
But then, are u sure that youth has food to eat in d next three hours??
I have been in nigeria all my life, from d streets.. I know what it is like.
Some ppl just make dumb posts and try to sound godly..
Any youth wey dun go thru d kind harassment, embarrassment, emotional problems, wahala, troubles wey normal nigerian youth dey go thru no go dey think sanely... I dey tell u.
Even when u try to start a business, d corrupt system and practices frustrates it..
Every nigerian youth from d streets starts thinking of hustling from age 8.
As a nigerian youth from the streets... Where we are our own nepa, we dig our own wells for water, we suffer to go to school, get beaten up by the police... Mehm.... We don't owe nigeria any HELP..

Our leaders owe us an apology.. For ruining our lives...
Most of those godly youths u see... Na dem papa spoil nigeria...
Na our money dem take dey school for yankee!!!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Homonide: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
Answer is simple. Nigerian youths, and indeed all well-meaning Nigerians should ask themselves one question; what really is Nigeria's biggest and single most important problem, and how can it be solved? Is it Leadership? Followership? Corruption? Or a shaky foundation as some would be quick to posit?

After answering this question, then swear by whatever you believe in to do your best in solving the problem. And we should stop the 'MAFA' syndrome... We need to stop mistaking articulation for action and get down to practising what we believe in.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by BRUNO17: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: First step is to get rid of "Government must help me, mindset"; Young graduates need to engage them in futurist skills and stop strolling streets of VI in searching for ready-made jobs. If you have brilliant business ideas, talk to people with liquid, they will make it come true. If you talent in music and dance, explore it, entertainment will lift us all from negativism. Do you know to run TV shows ? that area is barren and there is a lot of opportunity. Bottomline is Nigeria is ours, no matter where you go, you will be treated in disdain, home is our pride.

What are u talking abt? To be successful in any business you need a well laid out infrastructure (Good Road, Power...etc) for the business to be successful. Wat we need to do is hold our govt accountable and not sit back and watch them loot all our resources, take it to foreign land with their children buying houses in London and the United States. Sending their children top universities across the globe .
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by comm: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
lacasa: Change has τ̅o start From within i guess.

Our mindset †ђªt is
ur right maybe from who started this thread coining shoelessness to project his point which wasn't necessary. I feel being unbias if at all possible will make the difference.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: What Nigerian youths should do to help Nigeria is stay off politics and start inventing products, designing 21st century web applications and stop talking politics.

Fella, you may have good intentions, but that alone doesn't amount to anything concrete.

Why do you think you are paying more on internet Data plans and phone tariffs? Telecommunication companies says its because they spend huge money on diesel to power their facilities and so on.

Lets put things into perspective. A Nigerian student studying computer science is limited because of lack of infastructures like constant electricity to practise at home. Are you gonna keep on buying fuel with the hardship in the country? Not everyone is priviledged or financially bouyant to pay for this high end IT schools around. Hence, the limitations to harness talents.

I don't know where Seun hosted nairaland but there is a possibility that it is not hosted by a Nigerian company due to unreliability and low uptime and other negative factors that affects business in an uncondusive environment. Come to think of it, if Nairaland were hosted in say UK or US and the governments of these countries is fed up with the activities of Nairaland, don't you think it can order the hosting company to shut it down? But it wont be easy to tell a foreign country to do same, that would be voilating their soverign laws.

Why do you think facebook relocated a lot of their server farms to scandinavian countries, it is because they have a strong media laws and American cant just push them around to shut it facebook down for some reason.

Another reason is to save cost on cooling system, since the weather there is very cold. Do you know how many watts is needed to power and cool a server farm?

So before any tangible technology come into play, electricity has to be stable. I won't be surprise if your countrie's website is hosted in Ghana.

Politics and basic infastructure go hand in hand. Unless as the George Soros Aka The byllionaire of the house, you want to give it to us as a Gift.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by zibe(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
I think eliminating "state of origin" in forms would be a good thing.

Anyway, people still don't know the effect of what politics has turned our youths to. I'm still 21, and whenever I sit with people of my age and discuss world issues, the only thing on their mind is how they'll get to politics and have a share of the national cake...and I ask..has it really gotten to this stage? Seriously speaking, I think a situation where death penalty would be used for unaccountable governance would go a long way to stabilize this. Just saying

As for me...I'm still nursing a good idea that would put our youths, especially the jobless and street youths, to good use.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
The mediocre always have excuses why he/she doesn't succeed and always have people to blame.....
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by MrLuGold(m): 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lol..when i created this post my intention wasn't to create a battlefield. Nevertheless its all jokes i guess. Now i'm going to make a suggestion, but before you call me a sadist and conclude that i have issues.. Think of the effect of the suggestion. I watched an old re-run episode of Nikita 2 days ago. This episode was based in Peru. Politicians were drowning the country in corruption. Some vigilante took it upon himself to kidnap these politicians one by one. He locked them in an underground classroom equipped with cameras. He would torture them and make them write all the crimes they have committed on one blackboard. On the other blackboard he would make them write "I will never commit crime again" over 1000 times. He made them do this naked to add extra humiliation. Of course this was all being watched by the public. After he had done this to several corrupt public figures, well let's just say corruption reduced significantly. Wouldnt it be funny if someone would lock up some oil subsidy fraudster and do this to him/her? Yes i may have modified the episode a bit lol.

On a serious note, i believe how we can start making a difference is by reacting effectively to news of corruption. The reason there still is corruption is because all this high-rolling public figures believe there are no consequences for their actions. You can bribe the court, you own the police, they cant throw u in jail.. they literally have nothing to be scared of. We need to remind them that if they use and abuse us there are people in naija that will react in an unpleasant manner. Even it means throwing eggs and paint-filled balloons on their houses and convoys. Defacing their campaign posters. Creating caricatures of them and using it as BBM dps. The little things u think make no difference will actually hurt them. Look at that mongrel dj-tee that stabbed someone recently. Never met the guy before, dont even know him. But because of the mass-media hatred for him created by social media everyone thinks the guy is a proud useless buffoon. Me sef i never hear the full story but i feel the guy is a buffoon..lol.. Do the right thing today..throw an egg on the corrupt politician closest to you.

(Mr. Lu Gold and none of his associates will be held responsible for any brutality inflicted on you by Mopol, navy or NNPC private security)

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Gerrard59(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
Personally i cant fathom why somebody will be complaining how i spend my money,which was and is hard-earned. So i have my $$$$ and buy the best of phones,cars,houses and send my kids to the best schools e.t.c. How does it concern you? Na your money? Na me say make you no follow buy? If you like 3310 dat doesn't mean others must/should like it. If you like staying in a small house that doesn't mean others like it. So face yur wahala and don't blame the buying of white goods as the cause of the problem in 9ja.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Pesuzok(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
We need to shun corruption. This is the major problem that is keeping Nigeria the way she is.

I wish the present government can grant amnesty to all former and present corrupt officials that have looted this country. Encourage them to bring all the stolen funds and invest in this country, and nobody will probe them; and pass a bill that will deal seriously to any body found in corrupt practices henceforth.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Btunde009: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
analryder: Lets carry out a TRANSITION...we need to start from our inner mindsets to fight against the ills of our society. At the moment we should start by abandoning what government should do for us and think of what to do for our government. Good that we have varieties of modes for sharing and getting informations with the rampage of the social media outfit around us today. These oppressors of our society does all they can by the help of we youths due to our lazy, greedy and materialistic attitudes to gain what they want ( money, power & respect ). It goes straight to show that for them to take part in any corrupt act they need us and if they are coming in for a change they really need us too. So the future of our country lies in our own hands, and we should stand up now to act on what is right!
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKW319SOzO4

A TRANSITION should start immediately, Libya and Egypt did it and today they are almost or totally free from OPPRESSION and CABALOCRACY!!!
best coment ever made,pure and straight,wao noting but d truth!
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by lastcenter: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
Letter of acceptance,

Are you abused? Do you not watch ebony videos online?
What if we never said sorry we were crooks but we never
ever invited you properly. We just kidnapped all yoursleves
to tell you this is the way, so we watch indecency all day!
Now the word of the day : let's go to pastor! Woooow! You
dont see any underwear soon! Do you answer anybody? Well i detained everyone! Let them hate me for not having
me properly! Heeeeellll! I dont warn anyone! If you offer me an ebony video..i wont wonder! i dont flog myself but i dont ask for any advice...wait...it tastes good..!

What if you didnt think because of the uk or someone else
you didnt think the whole world wondered what was
underneath it? And then they watched indecency all day
because you say they all day! Wooooow! I hated all your
interests!

People kill you. Persons take your reward! You rely on people to get to where you could. I just happened! I'm prouder than you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScqTO-zZVs
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by jimts(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
Thank God that some people still appreciate the fact their PLACENTA was buried on the Nigerian soil! That's the real basis of being a patriotic Nigerian! The major setback that Nigeria faces today is the that religious,tribal and ethnic sentiments. If only we could "FACE UP THE FACTS AND FACE DOWN THE SENTIMENTS".
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by a1solution: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
gbogboti: My brother, ur comment made a whole lot of sense. A lot of us want to buy all d world. A lot use expensive phones just for show. U can imagine low IQ persons using expensive BB for pinging ONLY. When Curve 2 of 20k 'd serve this purpose and even more. Only 2 percent explore the usage of BB in Nigeria. We all want expensive cars in number when @most 2 simple cars 'll do for convenience sake. We all want to live in mansions with just ourselves, wife and maybe 3kids. When a simple 4bedrooms 'd accommodate us very well. Minding the fact that the kids 'd grow up and live someday. We are all chasing Vanity. Only if we know this. Then there won't be corruption. That's why I so much love the book of the Preacher. Bros I like your nairaland name...you living up to it.
Tell them my brother! Thanks 4 d compliment.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by doublej1(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
Let me contribute my piece from my pool of knowledge, when ever you want to kill a plant you uproot it from the root.
All previous suggestion are going to be efficient in curtailing our problem, but the question is are we uprooting it from its root or we are just cutting the branches of which we know will grow later on. Let us take our time to relate nagative things that has happened to us since the inception of this entity Nigeria to know the root of our problem. It takes a sensible, realistic who has put it as a task to know this.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by 3rdparty: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
Join PDP. Change from within
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Jiah011(f): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
As a Nigerian youth born and living in diaspora, I want to come back and help. I have gone through my undergraduate and graduate studies and desire to come back and invest in Nigeria. I want to help reform the healthcare field and develop better preventive care practices. I have so many great ideas and Nigeria is a hot bed of potential, but lacking in practical know-how and expertise. Consultants can do so well in Nigeria! But why is it so easy for a foreigner to come to Nigeria under oil, or other companies, or NGOs, but Nigerians reject their own people? Is it the novelty of their skin or colonial mentality? Or have we lost faith and trust in ourselves? I would have to go through NYSC, which is an antiquated, in my opinion. Think about it, you take the whole graduating class of new graduates, and send them to various corners of Nigeria, often without protection and without sufficient financial support. They then sit for a year trying to survive and prepare for their future, when they should go straight into the workforce. The government should easily be able to help these students if not for its corruption. In my opinion, NYSC should be modernized to be geared toward enabling new graduates to gain real world skills and application of knowledge in their area of study/degree. This can be done through intensive internships, externships, workshops, career networking, and awards given to promising graduates that show innovation or great ideas. Such awards could be used to start business or pursue various entrepreneurial ventures.

Also, are such dialogues taking place in Nigerian institutions of higher learning, ie. universities, even secondary schools among students and youth?

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JDuEs7lWp8&feature=fvwrel[/flash]

Such dialogues are common in the classrooms where professors and teachers desire to promote innovative thinkers who are being prepared to be leaders of tomorrow. This forum took place at the prestigious Colombia University in New York. Why not at Unilag, UNN, or any of the other universities in Nigeria? But the Unilag students were busy protesting name change of their school because of the same love for status, title, big boi/big girl, big money, and love of corruption and material wealth. They learnt this from Nigerian society and those around them. They should be protesting bribing teachers, campus cultists, unfair academic practices, unemployment/lack of opportunities, etc. There is so much wrong with the Nigerian "educational system," but that discussion is for another thread.

How do we Help Nigeria, when Nigeria doesn't seem to want to change. It has been said that the first step to dealing with a problem is recognizing a problem exists. But when a mother eats her young, how can it cry out for help? It was doomed before it even got a chance. Those in leadership and with power are doing their best to make sure the next generation, the youth, don't survive.

So my question is, you older generations, how can you help us help you?
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by Ogahtech(m): 11:36pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nnamdi99, have u forgotten so soon when jesus christ told God to forgive the jewish. For they don't know what the are doing? Not all muslims are boko haram Nnamdi. Think wisely.
Re: Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? by bobbyjabo: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
DivideUs: help break it up peacefully!!

Best way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC Urges FG To Sack Sanusi As CBN Governor. / FOI: Despite Court Of Appeal Ruling, Lagos Refuses To Open Its Books / Concerns In National Assembly Over Non-Payment Of N8.1bn Severance Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.