Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne (8284 Views)

Download All Tracks: Modenine - Occupy The Throne Mixtapes / Modenine - Occupy The Throne (download) / M.I Abaga - Illegal Music 2 MI2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
Hobbynarh: way too many kids in nairaland...why on earth wud u want to compare the LEGENDARY MODE NIZO wit dz commercial artist labelled rappers..mode delivers mind blowing,deep,hardcore lines.while dz oda guys feed u wit easy to understand rhymes dat makes u jump about nd u call dat rap..
Lest u forget d only commercial track mode 9 dropped(bad man) beat m.i's hardest track ever(somebody wnt to die) at d hiphop world awards to retain d LYRICIST ON THE ROLL..which he still hold till date.
Enof respect to m.i on illegal music,nice production,artiste selection,great e.p i must tell u....BUT MODE IS THE MAN ANY TIME..
. 1. The two songs u jux compare : bad man nd somebody wants to die - the former is in an ALBUM while d latter is in a MIXTAPE . Hence my point again mode was more refreshed since he hadn't done any work d previous year. Mi dropped an album nd a mixtape in d span of 1yr . .wat mode does is he waits till mi has exhausted all is arsenal to sum extent nd den drops smtin den u think he's d best abegiiii. 2. Mode's mix tape was dropped again after mi 2 nd im2 . .
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
OTT 'nuff said
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
OTT 'nuff said
Trojan00: Abeg who started all these mixtape album shit in nigeria- M.I not modenine.... Mode9 is jux tryin too hard to show dat his head is still there. Dnt get me wrong mode is dope but abegi joooor. Mi has done a lot recently IM1 , MI : the movie, IM2 in lesss than 2yrs. Mode is fresher hw many works has he done in recently since da vinci mode. . Even most of those songs in his new mixtape her not even up to 3mins haba. Abeg mode shud ve a sit nd watch MI on d throne #Nuffsaid
@least betta than M.I that featured 1 or more rappers in each song off IM2 except for Coming Home
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by mikuz(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Trojan00: . 1. The two songs u jux compare : bad man nd somebody wants to die - the former is in an ALBUM while d latter is in a MIXTAPE . Hence my point again mode was more refreshed since he hadn't done any work d previous year. Mi dropped an album nd a mixtape in d span of 1yr . .wat mode does is he waits till mi has exhausted all is arsenal to sum extent nd den drops smtin den u think he's d best abegiiii. 2. Mode's mix tape was dropped again after mi 2 nd im2 . .
please stop making deceitful comments. You are not making sense. MI1 was dropped in 2008 and 3 months later IM1 was released. MI2 was dropped in 2010 and two years later IM2 was released. Plus You cant claim that the reason why IM2 flopped in comparison to IM1 is because he was lyrically exhausted after doing MI2 (an album thats was largely commercial and lacked lyrical dexterity. My point is MI dropped the Best rap album of 2008(MI1) and 3 months later he dropped one of the dop3$t mixtape albums in Nigerian hiphop(IM1). In 2010 MI dropped his second album MI2. An album that left many wondering if it was this same MI who did MI1 and IM1,some even went as far as saying he has lost it. So it took MI up to 2 years to come up with IM2 considering the fact that MI2(his previous work) was commercial and lacked lyrical adventurism. Mode nine dropped his first album in 2004 and since then till now he has done 4 albums and 5 mixtapes. MI started in 2008 and he has dropped 2 albums and 2 mixtapes so far. So who's more exhausted ?

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Wahala90: 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
ModeNine is too good for MI. I tell you no lie: NodeNine is in a world of his own
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
The lines of argument employed by many Mode 9's fans here amuses me.Well, I don't want to go into comparing M.I's lyrical skills with Mode's;but what everyone should know is that,in Naija rap(hardcore or whatever),if there is a 'throne' Mr Incredible owns it-maybe Mode 9 just sits on it for now.Still,I've great respect for Mode 9.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by ril19(m): 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
D'Soj:
Forget it... MI is King..Naija, we don't av time for hardcore..all dat 1 na grammar..its not our style. We wanna rock and sing along..dats why ice price, Reminince, Naeto C av fan base. Make Mode 9 carry him gangsta harcore go Brooklyn.. abeg.
crappy comment! Don't let hip hop heads like me catch u saying that again.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by ril19(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
i hate it when all y'll non-hip hop cats poke ur mouth on topics like this. What is hip hop, who is hip hip? Who is a more consistent hip hopper? Y'all don't get me pissed ryt now. MI to me is some many miles behind mode9. Go ask any hip hop head. WTF! Even Jesse Jagz is more hip hop than MI! Pls listen to him flow. A'aaaaa! Wetin sef?
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Hobbynarh: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
Trojan00: . 1. The two songs u jux compare : bad man nd somebody wants to die - the former is in an ALBUM while d latter is in a MIXTAPE . Hence my point again mode was more refreshed since he hadn't done any work d previous year. Mi dropped an album nd a mixtape in d span of 1yr . .wat mode does is he waits till mi has exhausted all is arsenal to sum extent nd den drops smtin den u think he's d best abegiiii. 2. Mode's mix tape was dropped again after mi 2 nd im2 . .

luk at d contradicting remarks u ar making.m i wasnt exhausted wen he released im1 3 months after releasing his first album bt suddenly became lyrically exhausted wen he released im2 years afta dropping mi 2...
If u must also know m i was beaten black nd blue byice prince, loose kaynon nd phenom in d songs were dey wre featured...
I dont lik aw u guys ar makin us downgrade m.i,he is a very talented rapper bt due respect must be accorded d one dat pave d way for odas..mode nizo
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by MrFunk(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
The game called hiphop is all about respect for the superior MCs . MI no doubt has got what it takes to keep the crowd heads bopping and his lyricism is very on point. But that beast called Modo, Mode9, Nigel Benn, Mode Nizzy, is on a whole different level! He is the true definition of an underground lyricist. Why has Modenine been the lyricist of the year winner of hiphop awards for a consecutive 6 years in a row? Why not MI, Ice Prince, Naeto C or Rugged Man? Cos Mode9 is a definition of real. Period!
A dream come true will be 2 have MI go toe to toe with Mode 9 on the same joint!
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by airmark(m): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2012
If my fire don't get you, my smoke will
South-south baby, they know my catalogue
've been doing this, way-back analogue
You do a free download, nobody clicking
-Mode 9
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by airmark(m): 1:17am On Jul 03, 2012
This is payback, purple, no pink
Before i write i think
I never waste ink
...and God punish all those begging for free link(s)
super heroes slapping 3 times before they blink
Haters wanna check my hummer looking for chinks
Talking hush tones, your mouth stink(s)

-Mode 9
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Wordsmith(m): 2:17am On Jul 03, 2012
Obviously, majority on this thread - nejifresh, DjSol et al are silly brats that were raised on wizkid and co and think Terry G is HipHop. Before you crazy lot learnt to stop bedwetting, i've been bumping this rap sh.t

Again, i reiterate, IM2 was crap compared to the previous. And this is not bias. His 2008 works were near classics and even eclipsed Mode 9's The Paradigm Shift, but if a rapper becomes lazy and complacent, then we have to tell it as it is.

I mean, it is bad when Jesse Jagz outshines you on tracks (Represent), then this blasted mixtape. . .that was supposed to be a peace offering after the aberration called MI2
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 2:19am On Jul 03, 2012
Baba_Eleko:

Na u dey wahala urself java. Me don talk my own commot. Most of these kids be 90's product wey wizkid and ice prince don dabaru dia head. Na u get time nah. I know know which main proof people want again before den go accept say 9 na naija rap legend.

Fork U old men...who gives a shit if U are from d 70s or 40s. If U are dat old den die na. We move with time. U for carry Nokia 3310, say becos its older its beta dan I.phone...mtchewww. Mode 9 is shit to us...dis is our generation and We don't feel him, we don't av his time. Abi..??
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 5:03am On Jul 03, 2012
Listen to wat ur GREATEST RAPPER had to say about his online haters : 1 twitter hater said my flow sucked. I laffed well nd his ass got blocked.... Pls where is the maturity in dis statement, where is d brilliance where is the HARDCORE
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 5:09am On Jul 03, 2012
D'Soj:

Fork U old men...who gives a shit if U are from d 70s or 40s. If U are dat old den die na. We move with time. U for carry Nokia 3310, say becos its older its beta dan I.phone...mtchewww. Mode 9 is shit to us...dis is our generation and We don't feel him, we don't av his time. Abi..??
. Thank u paddy. Nokia 3310 paved the way for a lot of fones dat we re using today bur does it make it better than iPhone. Hell no. Mode is a LEGEND: he shud jux PASS d mic simple. Agbaya
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Hobbynarh: 8:20am On Jul 03, 2012
Why has Modenine been the lyricist of the year winner of hiphop awards for a consecutive 6 years in a row? Why not MI, Ice Prince, Naeto C or Rugged Man? Cos Mode9 is a definition of real. Period!
Abeg help me tell dz kids trying to bring nokia 3310 into d issue..if u dont know sumfin,ask nd u wud be taught rather dan postin crap or do u knw beta dan d organisers of dz award...URGH
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by brixton: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2012
airmark: If my fire don't get you, my smoke will
South-south baby, they know my catalogue
've been doing this, way-back analogue
You do a free download, nobody clicking
-Mode 9

enjoying my OTT atm... modeyBABA
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by phantom(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2012
ilegal music2 vs OTT?n**** please.......havent you guys insulted mode enough? angry
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by brixton: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
phantom: ilegal music2 vs OTT?n**** please.......havent you guys insulted mode enough? angry

Anoda wizkid wannabe ind house. Wen did u start listening to rap my boy??
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by jamez3d(m): 3:23am On Jul 04, 2012
i do not like OTT, no not at all. modo didn't kill anything, if anything, he killed my appetite for his music lipsrsealed. personally i think he owes jay z an apology shocked. there were barely 3-4 tracks on the album, that i could refer to as d0pe. and yall definitely do know that the best track, without a doubt, belonged to boogey cool. as for mi's illegal music2 , heard twas d0pe. havent listened smiley. dont take the kid seriously cry.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by phantom(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2012
brixton:

Anoda wizkid wannabe ind house. Wen did u start listening to rap my boy??

grin grin.........i should be asking you that question.just because dem born you yesterday,you come dey listen souljah boy no suppose give you liver comment on this thread....stick to your 'dirty south' blues (note, i didnt say rap!)and quit commenting on topics your father should be debating.

@OP....i love MI o!! but seriously im dey learn work! QED
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Tosyn007(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
We all know Modo didnt succed in commercial rap, but M.I on the other hand has been highly successful in both hardcore and commercial rap. Now imagine if he puts all his effort into hardcore rap!
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by yungblurd(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
javalove:

I laugh. . . See e don tey wey i dey lecture small heads like you. . . Go watch the original BET cypher video and hear how your hero introduced Modenine. . . thats all I can tell you. .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Java no waste your time... BET cypher Modenine's line- "i spot all white in the background am playing cricket/you in the background chirping/ a playing cricket"
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 5:32am On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=yung blurd] Java no waste your time... BET cypher Modenine's line- "i spot all white in the background am playing cricket/you in the background chirping/ a playing cricket"[/quote ].
While we re on the BET cipher issue. Yess mi introduced mode9 as d LEGEND. Of course he is no one disputes dat. Bur lookking closely. Y was MI d one who introduced all the other rappers. Simmply put BET addmits he is numero1
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Tosyn007(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=Trojan00][/quote] and he rapped last
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
Tosyn007: and he rapped last
. Modenine didn't rap 1st either
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Tosyn007(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2012
Trojan00: . Modenine didn't rap 1st either
he who raps last......
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by yungblurd(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2012
MI acted as usher ni na, a whole Modo dey siddon you come dey xpect am make e go open door for visitor? What did M.I. Rap sef? Shey those im sion rhymes na im you call rhymes? K another Modo line- "to get into my rhyme book you need a retinal scan"
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by emisun(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
these lil wayne,drake,solja boi,wiz kid them fans no go leave rapmusic with its deep poetic content,talk wetin dem knw. 80% of MI rap songs are pop-oriented,RnB oriented....if una continue like this,nas go sing hiphop is deadII
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by tosinaded(m): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Occupy the throne > Illegal Music 2
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by bombguy95(m): 4:47am On Jul 11, 2012
Twisting: OTT 'nuff said
@least betta than M.I that featured 1 or more rappers in each song off IM2 except for Coming Home
emmmm sir.. T wasnt onli coming hme he didnt feature any1 oh..waht abt? Flower?? Waht abt? Do i move u?? Mehn did u listen do dah mixtape?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eedris And Ruggedman Collabo. Koleyewon Lyrics / Nigerian Best Female Rapper / Omini Crown Prince, Young Artiste Dazzles In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.