Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? (13316 Views)

How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy / Plz, How Long Does It Take To Get A UBA Atm Card After Applying For One? / Do You Your Scratch Card After Use? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Deiok(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
well alright by me. We are not even suppose to dispose of our use scrath card anyhow.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by baysun2000: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
Whether this is true or not, let's try to pick d info. Nigeria police will grow to dis tech one day. And whether it's because of d yahoo boys or keeping naija clean, we still need 2 be carefull. Thanks man
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by DereI(f): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
I don't believe this story at all. I agree we don't have fingerprint match in 9ja but its very simple to know if the person who loaded that recharge card was around the crime scene at the particular time of the crime. Ask telecommunication officers or mast installation engineers, they will explain further.

Anyways, you are just trying to protect your fellow citizen.....but next time, come up with a better idea.. wink
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by ericmooret: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
I agree with you my bros. It is on www.naija8.com I read a similar story. The rank and file of the Nigerian police are made up of illiterates. Thank jare.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2012
Nigerians and hoaxes. Always eager to believe stories without taking a moment to think it thru. For those that believe such stories, gud for u. We are talking abt the same police wey we dey see here 4 naija obi na anoda?
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by enm(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2012
What the op posted shouldn't be taken lightly, as the nigerian police are capable of doing anything to make an innocent be held responsible for a crime he or she knows nothing about.

have any of you doubter visit the nigerian police station to see how people are being torture to write statement, which content are dictated and edited by them, or do you think, everybody in kirikiri prison or on death row are criminal
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by yaris(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2012
9ja mentality. i laugh in SWAHILI.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Kinterez(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
[quote author=rasputinn]Rubbish...i gues dey r waityn 4ur own kard 2gt 2dem..den u wil b in sanko singin songs of freedom...Dnt no y ppl wil neva heed 2simple advix...Bleep d police,,der r neva our frnds
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by kayceekool(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
I cant disbelieve a story like this because i have come to realize that this country Nigeria is the only country in the world where any thing is possible. A country where a policeman can kill or aprehend an innocent citizen for a crime he/she did not commit in other to gain cheap popularity and fame or promotion. What else can they not do? Only God will judge them!
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by crackhouse(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
rasputinn: Rubbish story.Name one case where used scrathed cards were used as exhibits to trace criminal suspects.
I've discussed with some senior police officers and they laughed off the suggestion and opined that some yahoo boys may have started cloning recharge cards with info obatined from used ones,therefore maybe someone with one of the telecom operators just threw this story into the public domain to make people destroy the info the yahoo boys would otherwise have gotten from the used scratch cards.

People are so fearful and so gullible.Well I guess it comes with the territory
hmm, it seems u are devastated by hearing reading this info. Are u affected by the info? Are u a kidnapper? Because the way u quickly dismiss the story made u appear suspicious.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Tascocent(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
Na where 9ja won get dat technology to take trace serial numba................i tire ‎​Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2012
the police here are so lazy. I was at Ikeja SARS when i overheard one of them bragging about how he will go and collect call records from mtn.
only for me to me the dude handling my case, all he could say is i should find a way to get an armed robber's phone number so he could ask MTN.

stupid people
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Machine007: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2012
So after successfully carring out a crime, the person will confortablly sits there and recharge his/her phone before running away from the crime site. ROBIN HOOD.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by simdam500(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
Tanx bro, your thread is highly appreciated!
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by gruppom: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
When did our incompetent Police Force start using this method of tracing crime pepetrators? Just because the recharge voucher i used was found at a crime scene, does that mean that i should be jailed and forced to confess a crime i know nothing about. There is something called 'ALIBI.' That should be verified first before subjecting innocent people to torture. @ OP, thanks for the useful info considering the fact that our Police Force is useless, incompetent and crude.

Got to be careful where i poop; so that materials will not be used against me by police smiley
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Yankeeboyjnr: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2012
I do throw mine away bt now i ll make sure i tear dem into pieces. Tnx very much 4 such info, God bless u
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Eyepencil: 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pinkpebbles...
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by pinkpebbles(f): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ermmm, I dont think it matters wah u do to ur recharge card. All dese telecomms hve voice calls recorded for security reasons like dis. So if u use a card and it is found in a crime scene, the police that went to d service provider to find out which msisdn used the voucher can as well go to the security department and get the voice calls needed to investigate and indict d person.
Eyepencil:
Pinkpebbles...

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Eyepencil: 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Ermmm, I dont think it matters wah u do to ur recharge card. All dese telecomms hve voice calls recorded for security reasons like dis. So if u use a card and it is found in a crime scene, the police that went to d service provider to find out which msisdn used the voucher can as well go to the security department and get the voice calls needed to investigate and indict d person.

My dear you're spot on. I just wanna know ur views abt that, you didn't disappoint.

Gudnite cool

Please How Do I Upgrade My UBA Account Without Id Card / Militants Destroy Trans-niger Pipeline, Nigeria Loses 150,000bpd / Z-Money: Zenith Bank Drives Convenient Banking, Financial Inclusion With Z-money