Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up (17216 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report Warns Nigeria / Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) / US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
[img]http://ascology.com/news/thumbnail.php?file=Nigeria/David_Oyedepo_614665774.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Chancellor Covenant University (CU), Otta, Ogun State, Dr. David Oyedepo, has called for a complete overhaul of the nation’s security system against those he called ‘religious bigots’ scheming to Islamise Nigeria through repeated attacks on churches.

Oyedepo also urged the Federal Government to be more committed to the insecurity problem, failure of which he noted, may lead to disintegration.

“I want to believe that what we have on our hands today is an islamisiation agenda being propagated and sponsored by some religious bigots who are poised for war, and if government does not decisively stem down this tide, Nigeria may cease to be a nation.”

In his address themed: Towards the rescue of a nation on the brink of collapse: Necessity for a new generation of thinkers, delivered at the seventh convocation of CU at the university premises yesterday, Oyedepo said consistent attacks by the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram (Western education is forbidden) leaves much suspicion in its trail. He noted that if Boko Haram members are agitating for their rights as they claim, government institutions rather that churches should have been their targets.

“Now let us think: If Boko Haram, as claimed by some of their symphatisers, is fighting the government for its rights, the question is, is it the church that is depriving them of such rights? If the bombs in the north are just reactions to class oppression or poverty in the nation, why are mosques exempted from bombs?

He continued: “Did the militants in the South South, during their struggle, ever attacked worshippers in the mosque on Fridays? A lot of political hypocrisy must be going on here.

“Are there no Muslins in the West, South and East of Nigeria? Why are they not shooting at people in churches who gather for worship? Why are they not throwing bombs at Christians? I believe some individuals are simply without any other mission other than breaking Nigeria.”

He said insecurity today remains the nation’s greatest albatross, dwarfing other national malaise like poverty, corruption, unemployment, among others.

Oyedepol lamented that the Boko Haram phenomenon has cost the nation huge human, economic and financial loss, which the World Investment Report put at N1.33 trillion in foreign direct investment (FDI). He said despite huge unemployment in the country, the few existing institutions and organisations are relocating to neigbouring countries like Ghana because such companies consider security as key to their continued existence.

Oyedepo further cited the case of wars in some African countries such as Sudan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sierra-Leone, Liberia, Congo, Ethiopia and the ongoing Malian uprising, juxtaposing the causes and durations of such wars with the level of human loss and victims displaced.

The above examples, the cleric stressed, are enough to provoke Africa, nay Nigeria, to a new realm of thinking, noting that the black continent is yet to learn the fact that war does no one any good.

Oyedepo described those perpetrating the atrocities as selfish, self-centered with low self-esteem who fail to think about the consequences of their action.

‘The question now is, when would Africa start to learn her lessons? In spite of the gruesome data captured in this speech, Malians are still killing themselves today. It is not what we hear through lessons but thinking through what we hear. It is no what we see that equals lesson learnt but thinking through what we see. This is what I believe is the problem of Africa-inability to draw lessons from the things we see, hear and observe and even experience.”

Advocating a ‘stop and think’ approach to the nation’s malaise, Oyedepo further added: “The greatest challenge to Africa’s development is the underdeveloped minds of Africans. He (African) therefore becomes cheap as pawns in the chessboard of their benefactors. The mind of the Nigerian should be transformed into new mind that can dream new Nigeria into existence; minds that can resist indoctrination of evil.”

Dr Oyedepo called on well-meaning Nigerians, the academia to join in the clarion call for an end to violence and also help the perverted towards a new re-orientation.

“Until we solve the security problems, we may not solve the economic problems. If you kill for the sake of conversion, can that dead man be convertible? Rather, you have lost a God-like asset for your nation and lost an opportunity to live a better life.

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/25806-Boko-Haram-Bishop-Oyedepo-warns-Nigeria-imminent-break-.html

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by dasparrow: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oyedepo is telling the truth. I agree with what he is saying in this article.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Mandelaguy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
God bless you bishop. Those blood sucking demons among the northern leaders think we do not know their plans. We know and have set out to fight them to a standstill at any turn. Please,speak more and pray for our God chosen president.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by ASOROCKb(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Break up the Best way to Solve all this Madness.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, which less than .1% of the population is aware of, he discusses it?

All this half assed criticism made from the pulpit of their "safety zone" means nothing.

A true hero. . .someone who is genuinely concerned will put himself out there and speaks the truth regardless of what might be at stake.

Until he and his ilk are ready to call a press conference and out-rightly condemn what is so clearly morally wrong. . .he should STFU and just stick to reveling in his sheeple worshiping in Canaan Land.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Mandelaguy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, where less than .1% of the population is aware of, he is discusses it?

All this half assed criticism made from the pulpit of their "safety zone" means nothing.

A true hero is one who puts himself out there and speaks the truth regardless of what might be at stake.

Until he and his ilk are ready to call a press conference and out-rightly condemn what is so clearly morally wrong. . .he should STFU and just stick to reveling in his sheeple worshiping in Canaan Land.
He is not a politician,be mindful of your utterances else, if he releases a curse on you,you are finished. He is too dignified for you to try and raise issues about him...my advice steer clear fom destruction.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Mandelaguy: He is not a politician,be mindful of your utterances else, if he releases a curse on you,you are finished. He is too dignified for you to try and raise issues about him...my advice steer clear fom destruction.

Oh dear, how do I say this without inviting curse on me. . . oh heck it is probably too late anyway so here goes - STFU!

Thank you! grin

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by vladimiros: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
I WANTA BREAKUP

ABOKI CAN GO TO HELL
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by basty: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
Bishop, how I wish there exist fire like the time of Elijah. Convinience has overtaken the fire. Let the fire fall (2ce) let the Pentecostal fire fall, we are waiting and expecting.......... Let all Christians in the land raise their voices to declare death on Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, which less than .1% of the population is aware of, he discusses it?

A true hero. . .someone who is genuinely concerned will put himself out there and speaks the truth regardless of what might be at stake.

How does it feel to be mediocre?

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
How does it feel to be mediocre?

You tell me dude.

Now now don't be shy. . .feel free to shout it out loud.

No one will mock you, after all not everyone is meant to be above average.

So talk to me. . .I'm listening. wink

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by alaoeri: 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
Y bishop with all his spiritual power never pray since all these days for BH τ̲̅ȍ end?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by inspirenet: 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
9ice 1 Bishop wink
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
thank u papa for that wonderful message. But i want to say that we are tired of sitting down and watching abokis kiling us like their NAMA. We are ready for anything now. If we get any news of bomb in a church again, I WILL START WITH ANY MOSQUE NEARER TO ME

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Butoneday2(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oooh!!! What is the meaning of all this, if breaking up will solve the matter so be it. Buhari should go to hell and burn to ashes for all i care?
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by cheddarking(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oyedepo so on point..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by bisiaet: 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oyedepo is right and correct I really support all he said.

One thing I know and i'm sure about is if it happens Nigeria break up as these Aboki is going they will be the biggest looser infact Somalia, Niger, Yemen will be better than them. I think they plant tomatoe isnit they will eat that tomatoe and their head will burst then they will understnd the sort of grace that was upon their lives been part of Nigeria.

For these silly Aboki who fail to reason with their heads but rather choosen to reason with their anus:

Education they are Zero

Violent champion

Yet to be diagonised and never seen diseases they are champion

Street beggars they are champion

Sport Zero, Entertainment Zero.

Politically sadist and vampireism blood suckers

Weather the worst weather in the soil of Nigeria as a matter of fact I guess God deliberately place them closer to burning Sun axis to scourch their heads like oven.

Civilization Zero, Boggotry champion, geographically land lock

As a matter of truth why are these people even part of us for God sake I know God will surely punish Lord Luggard wherever he is as i'm talking right now because I dont know the usefulness of Aboki in Nigeria land than horror, terror, pain in the a s s, embarrassement and so on. well lets wait and see how that tomato they are hoping to sustain on if Nigeria break will sort them out. Big fools!!!When the picture of the animals are shown on tv definately that word BASTARDS show all over their faces and the Northern leaders sit back and watch and later came out and say oh we are not supporting any killing of innocent and still go to mosque on friday to worship with the same killer and they are not supporting them so funny indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by folowo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=Sisi_Kill]Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, which less than .1% of the population is aware of, he discusses it?

Until he and his ilk are ready to call a press conference and out-rightly condemn what is so clearly morally wrong. . .he should STFU and just stick to reveling in his sheeple worshiping in Canaan Land. U dont kwn anything
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Blackteeth(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
Everybobdy knows all that. Nothing new
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by folowo(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
I support you man of God . . You ppl should not talk -ve to the man of God .
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by drnoel: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
dasparrow: Oyedepo is telling the truth. I agree with what he is saying in this article.

has he said anything different from what we know or has he added any new knowledge to what we didn´t know about.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beakup is what i need
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by kacheezy: 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
What's he going to do? Slap them into submission?
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by ozoebuka1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
standardchuks: thank u papa for that wonderful message. But i want to say that we are tired of sitting down and watching abokis kiling us like their NAMA. We are ready for anything now. If we get any news of bomb in a church again, I WILL START WITH ANY MOSQUE NEARER TO ME
imao...hahahahahaha no bomb any mosque oo be4 u join boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by lion042(m): 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
God bless you man of God....You spoke well
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by lacasa: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
Everybody get mouth 4 Nigeria dis days

Booooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Delafruita(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
basty: Bishop, how I wish there exist fire like the time of Elijah. Convinience has overtaken the fire. Let the fire fall (2ce) let the Pentecostal fire fall, we are waiting and expecting.......... Let all Christians in the land raise their voices to declare death on Boko Haram.
i thought Jehovah is the same yesterday,today and forevermore.if only Elijah could summon the fire,now that we have millions of miracle workers like the Oyedepo,Adeboye,oritsejafor etc,then it shouldnt be too difficult for boko haram to be consumed by the fire.after the good book says the kingdon of Heaven suffereth violence and only the violent take it by force
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by kacheezy: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
cheddarking: Oyedepo so on point..
Like u have never heard it before.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Degis(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=folowo][/quote]

Obviously you and sisi are out of sync with reality or that you guys have refused to part ways with dementia. This is because Bishop David Oyedepo spoke loud and clear, and without any form of ambiguity that these killings and insecurity must stop. If speaking on a nationally televised platform and on continuous live stream on YouTube is not a credible platform then maybe speaking on NairaLand is grandiose enough for you.

You are nattering nabobs of negativity.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by cold(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
So the fervent prayers from this Con man inviting a curse from his God to be placed on the Haramites have failed him woefully & he is now calling on the FG to'overhaul the nation's security system' against those he called religious bigot.Finally the con man has come round to agree with what i've been screaming for years.Praise the Lawd & pass the ammunition.Hmm...interesting

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by inspirenet: 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Degis:

Obviously you and sisi are out of sync with reality or that you guys have refused to part ways with dementia. This is because Bishop David Oyedepo spoke loud and clear, and without any form of ambiguity that these killings and insecurity must stop. If speaking on a nationally televised platform and on continuous live stream on YouTube is not a credible platform then maybe speaking on NairaLand is grandiose enough for you.

You are nattering nabobs of negativity.

cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by meksroland: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
How about people like me that pray all day for nigeria to break up. Is not a warning to me rather a prayer to come through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 / President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 / Atiku Arrives Jigawa For PDP Presidential Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.