Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? (6151 Views)

#BenueSouthDecides: David Mark Leads In 5 LGAs With Over 18000 Votes - Vanguard / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Mu'azu And Femi Fani-Kayode Say They Won Their LGAs (Twitter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by nduchucks: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
FACE: Considering that Lagos is a very small state in area; where then is "Fashola working" this "work" that we keep hearing if people are saying that roads in all LGAs are bad ?

I wonder o. Sadly, the costs to the state, of 3 of these flooding episodes, are enough to get 50-60% of Lagos roads in a good shape.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by bigboy3: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
trigar12:
Alagba there is almost notin GOVERNMENT can do to flooding, it happens in every country. Stop making it look like ACN affair
Via: Nokia 3110c

You are obviously high on something very cheap...check the causes of flooding in Lagos, most of it avoidable. No drainages, blocked canals, bad roads etc. Someone noted that gbagada used to be flooded and it hasn't happened this year. How was that solved, the canal by atunrase estate was cleared, the one behind soluyi leading to odo iyalaro was also cleared etc. Fashola's govt is trying but he has to chk the lg chairmen. They are bunch of crooks and thieves.

1 Like

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by anonimi: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
bigboy3:

Fashola's govt is trying but he has to chk the lg chairmen. They are bunch of crooks and thieves.

Did Fashola elect the LG Chairmen and councillors
What you wrote above is like asking GEJ to check Fashola and other governors! That is hangover from the days of khaki MILAD governors and Head of State.
The better, effective suggestion in this democratic times is for the affected residents to write a petition signed by as many TAX paying citizens as possible identifying the problems and proposing solutions with a time frame for them to be fixed.
If not fixed, they send a reminder to the councillor & chairman. 2nd reminder to councilor, chairman and state assembly legislator. 3rd reminder to all plus governor and NASS representative etc etc.
Each political office holder has a responsibility to the ELECTORATE at different levels. We need to understand that and EACH one of them work for the mega billions they RECEIVE monthly from us in direct taxes and indirectly on OUR behalf from companies drilling Niger Delta oil

3 Likes

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Cargoed: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Please correct me if am wrong? There is currently a Law/command stopping LGAs to stop road constuction in Lagos if they do not meet the standard set by the state government. It means that many roads will go neglected because of bureaucratic issues rather that shovel and wheelbarrow issue.

There are some places you will see, and say only if i had a caterpillar and a roller in less than 24hrs this place will be completly motorable. The law governing freedom of information has been passed, so i will like to know is this. Do L.G.A own bulldozers if not why? do they own quarry centres if not why? How many staff do they employ that has to do with road maintenance. Do those staff go out for regular inspection, if they do who do they report it to.

Why is there "an i don't care attitude" in L.G.As is it possible to stop their salaries by legislative means due to neglect of their duties.

The state/FG government should make public performance report from each local government month/month. Journalists should also ask for these as well as ask the right questions. Not trying to be on their payroll. So until all these we have [b]no choice but to enjoy the slums [/b]they have turned our cities into.

As for elections in L.G.A it is left to the park touts those are the only people that participated in the last L.G.A elections

2 Likes

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Olaolufred(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
bigboy3:

You are obviously high on something very cheap...check the causes of flooding in Lagos, most of it avoidable. No drainages, blocked canals, bad roads etc. Someone noted that gbagada used to be flooded and it hasn't happened this year. How was that solved, the canal by atunrase estate was cleared, the one behind soluyi leading to odo iyalaro was also cleared etc. Fashola's govt is trying but he has to chk the lg chairmen. They are bunch of crooks and thieves.

Thanks. This is the absolute truth.

3 Likes

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Reference(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
bigboy3:

Are they not all loyal party men. Why can't the party call them to order even if the electorate remains docile and the governor's arms are tied (perhaps by himself). If it is cross party lines this thread will have reached twenty pages by now but within the party all is well.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by omosexy1: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
I just don't understand nigerian politics
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by omosexy1: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
I just don't understand nigerian politics. A different and peculiar form of democracy is practiced here
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by stpat1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
see all of una, its when u go to other states that u'll knw that lagos roads are still d best in d country soo far. Check out PH roads like d Iwofe rd and u'll never stop praying foo fashola
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by lazbay(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
A C N with its more noise & less work. Local councils are doing nothing in Lagos. Pls come to Lekki & Ajah u will see wonder. When u turn from d major road u don enter be dat. Street roads are terrible. D roads are maintained by residents themselves so dat they can go to work.

3 Likes

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by PointB: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
At this rate, Lagosians have the right to demand Tax refund from the Tinubu/Fashola administration.

No one can point with confidence any standard local road in Lagos; na wa oo! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Ladipodeal: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
Oshodi roads under the local council are in state of total disrepair. A minute drive off Agege motor road by the Nipost (Oshodi rd) you will be shocked.

1 Like

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by motobid(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
Abeg with all these complaints, which work the "working" Governor and Party come dey do for Lagos?
Politicians for nigeria just dey cheat us!
wise up shocked!
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by princeonx: 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
Question: worst roads in Lagos?
Answer: All, every single one of them.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by yomilike(m): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
I stay in ikeja , the roads are terrible.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by babeface3: 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
My brothers in Ejigbo, I think your king in the area is hyjacking everything cool
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Orikinla(m): 12:49am On Jul 02, 2012
modupea: Try Bariga and Shomulu. Surulere might look like London.
. That would be London in the days of Oliver Twist. The streets off Ogunlana Drive in Surulere are pathetic.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Orikinla(m): 12:56am On Jul 02, 2012
PointB: At this rate, Lagosians have the right to demand Tax refund from the Tinubu/Fashola administration.

No one can point with confidence any standard local road in Lagos; na wa oo! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided
. The government should be ashamed to even collect tax here. Tax for what? For nightmarish roads?
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Beaf: 3:26am On Jul 02, 2012
gunuvi: Una dey gall my hands oo. How can any local govt road bad reach Badagry LG. Infact 4 major road caved in just 3 days ago and no car can pass through the roads. Not to forget that Badagry no dey flood much. [b]My people no try come Badagry oo. We sef no dey try say we wan come Lagos. [/b]All hail Badagry!!! The worst LG in Lagos, Nigeria and the World.

Chei! Broda Okon, come e!
Dem wan take laf gif Ekaete bele for hia o! grin grin grin

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Beaf: 3:36am On Jul 02, 2012
The worst roads are in the Bariga-Shomolu axis and Ejigbo.
Almost every road on the Ogun state border is also really unfortunate.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by DoubleN(m): 6:43am On Jul 02, 2012
Okota and the Isolo axis are a death trap! The MajoR Road leading into Canal Estate and Jemtok is totally hopeless.
Such a disgrace.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by lukaino(m): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2012
Alimosho has the worst roads in Lagos.Have you been to a place called Igesu after Ayobo? Thats where you'll see Lagosians who have been cut off from the rest of Lagosians. An individual has for many years been exploiting the people from that area by building a wooden bridge across a swampy area which links between Hotel Bus stop(Opp Salamasor) along Igando-Lasu Road to Igesu, where motorists pay at least N270 for each trip across. you'll need N540 everyday(Just for a return trip). This has gone on for so many years with the individual becoming so rich. you need to see the arrogance displayed by the touts collecting the toll. its sickening in a state where we pay taxes. i'll post pictures of this bridge soon.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by SEGAD: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2012
I just really don't understand, which one is local government, state govt & federal government road in Lagos. I know any constructed roads in Lagos either local or federal road we ascribed them to Fashola govt. I can't really see different between ACN and PDP government. Fashola/Tinubu and all ACN state success stories are more on hype and publicity. Some PDP state goverment even perform far better than all these ACN, just that they don't really make noise e.g Enugu state.

1 Like

Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2012
SEGAD: I just really don't understand, which one is local government, state govt & federal government road in Lagos. I know any constructed roads in Lagos either local or federal road we ascribed them to Fashola govt. I can't really see different between ACN and PDP government. Fashola/Tinubu and all ACN state success stories are more on hype and publicity. Some PDP state goverment even perform far better than all these ACN, just that they don't really make noise e.g Enugu state.

My brother God bless you . The average Nigerian has this naive mindset that anything PDP = bad , Anything ACN/ Opposition = good . As far as i am concerned Fashola and his praise singers are nothing more than empty barrels . I am not pro - PDP neither am i interested in party politics , I tend to base my analysis on the performance of a governor based on his INDIVIDUAL performance and not the performance / image his party has created . Fashola has clearly neglected Lagos mainland and has channeled all the money to Lagos island and his "eko atlantic city" project and its a shame that pro-BRF goons here on nairaland would rather sweep this under the carpet than talk about it. As far as i am concerned Imoke , Akpabio and Chime have all done as much (if not better than) as the ALMIGHTY "messiah" Fashola. How can you boast of your state being the economic hub of west africa when the roads and drainage system are in total ruins.
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by Boyoorisha: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
Orikinla: Please, are the local government Areas (LGA) in Lagos State competing for the LGA With Worst Roads Award? And I don't know which of them will win the competition for having bad roads. I have seen that the bad roads in Surulere have been left to become worse and may end up as the worst roads in Lagos State.
May be you live in the ghetto part of Surulere
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by jmaine: 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Well you can't blame the L.G.A Chairmen squarely cos the State Governors usurp funds meant for them . . .

A reason why i support the bill to seperate the L.G. Account from the state, so that we can also track how much get's to them and how well they are utilizing it . . . .
Re: LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? by uncleb(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
adekennis: I no knw about other LG in lagos oo! But for Ifako Ijaiye wey me I dey,the Chairman dey try gan walai..D man dey fix road like craze and if u no beliv confirm frm somebody living in Ifako.dem go tell una

@ adekennis,

While am not insinuating that ifako- ijaiye ranks worst in terms of poor roads in Lagos State, i beg to disagree with your assertion that the LG chairman is fixing all the roads like craze. This is far from the truth and suggest you wanna use this this forum to score cheap popularity for the chairman.

I live in ifako-ijaiye, as a matter of fact i have been around here for about eight years.

Let me support my argument with specific streets (very popular) in bad shapes.

Haruna is a very popular street in ifako ijaiye. this street is powerfully "endowed" with potholes everywhere. About six weeks ago, the LG taskforce came to scrape off the surface of the potholes, giving am impression of imminent repairs, but up till now they are yet to surface again.

Adeyeri crescent and Oyemekun street are two popular and long streets in Ifako ijaiye,(on same landscape) the duo of which are in deplorable and gory states.

The linkage front of Ifako General hospital linking iju road and college road is another terrible street in the LGA. For months now, there is no day i ply that street that my fuel thank doesn't kiss the ground.

Please try and visit Emmanuel Olorunfemi Street (the street that houses CPM church), if you have a car and you are given accommodation for free on that street, you will think twice before you settle for it. The whole of that street down to where it connect Kayode street in ogba is in total mess.

I would also refer you to Apostle Famuyiwa, Bolaji Taylor, Tunji runwaye, Kayode Alabi etc (all at Haruna Inside)

Let me not bother to mention those within Karaole estate and Obawole axis of this LG

Bros, please lets try and be objective in assessing our political rulers, am shocked that this statement is coming from someone who claims to leave in Ifako Ijaiye. If you are still in doubt, i could take time to produce video coverage of the streets i have mentioned cos i move around this areas on a daily basis.

You can however give us specific streets being repaired to justify this ovation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Recruits Over 25,000 Officials For Electoral Re-run In Rivers State / FG Using EFCC To Intimidate Opposition Leaders, Starting With Saraki -Onuesoke / Did I Just Receive Money From Federal Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.