Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807840 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:32am On May 17, 2013
spyder880: This is Amaechi street in Achara layout Enugu. I am showing this picture for you guys to see how indiscriminate parking of vehicles is being cured in Enugu. All the cars on this street must be parked on the left hand side of the street, there are boys patrolling every street in Enugu and if you park on the other side, na trouble o grin You will be forced to pay a fine.

These guys must earn their salary and keep the city orderly.

It's good that the Enugu govt is implementing such a policy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:33am On May 17, 2013
Another angle of the works at the seretariat complex at GRA, Enugu.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:35am On May 17, 2013
The only thing that surprises me are the very high number of workers always working on these sites, and the activity, everything is moving very fast,

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:37am On May 17, 2013
closer.....

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:39am On May 17, 2013
^^
The secretariat will turn out to be an architectural masterpiece.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2013
spyder880: Reconnecting Achara layout with pipe borne water, today at the road intersection of Amaechi street, Achara layout.

Water has been running in Achara Layout since last year. My younger sister and the hubby lives in Etudo street Achara layout. There is a tap in front of their house that dispenses water every time.. If you drve down the same street , you will see many more taps..

I guess the whole of the Layout has not been completed.

I also drove past the new secretariat on Monday on my way from CPS to Onitsha via New market.. Hundreds of men working there daily. I noticed that too.. Weldone to the state govt.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Activity77(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2013
Gudluck jonathan in enugu 2day 2 commision our airport to international airport.anybdy there shud help us wit pix
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:36am On May 18, 2013
spyder880: Reconnecting Achara layout with pipe borne water, today at the road intersection of Amaechi street, Achara layout.

^^^Nice to see the efforts being made to link Enugu residents with what will hopefully be 24 hours water supply.

One issue i have is that they should do all the digging necessary NOW (whether for laying of water pipes, electric cables or fibre-optic cabling); and then after, those inner-city roads should be resurfaced nicely.....with sidewalks, signages and trees/shrubs planted on both sides where space permits. It doesn't take much to make well-planned cities like Enugu, Aba or Owerri to look their best.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:20pm On May 19, 2013
The Enugu airport was commissioned by Mr President, yet not even a single picture did i see on the net after i have searched and searched and searched. What is really happening in this country? Where re the press? my ppl in NL, if anyone has gotten pix of the new terminal building in which they said that international flight will start flying to from next month, plz do well to post it here.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:24pm On May 19, 2013
This is the only image and foto i got in the whole of internet. Its funny, is that not so?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:33pm On May 19, 2013
henrychubayo: This is the only image and foto i got in the whole of internet. Its funny, is that not so?
the pix has even refused to attach
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2013
henrychubayo:
the pix has even refused to attach
Even internet sef no gree. Just keep trying. The devil is a liar.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:39pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:41pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilaje44(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:14pm On May 19, 2013
just this pix. we need much pictures of the terminal

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 19, 2013
Great Job @ Henry. Jonathan looks like one Masquerade i used to know in my village.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:26am On May 20, 2013
What's with the pink paint ? The interior decorator must have thought he was painting Barbies' doll house! angry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:51am On May 20, 2013
henrychubayo: just this pix. we need much pictures of the terminal

[/quote]

The final product does not look anything like the proto-type in this picture above.
Even the painting and colours of paint selected in the final structure built are mediocre compared to the model proposed in the picture.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:13am On May 20, 2013
I'd like to see pics of the toilets and checking-in area if anyone has them. Does it mean there are no nairalanders with a cam-phone that have used that airport since Saturday ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 9:27pm On May 20, 2013

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Freewilly(f): 11:53pm On May 20, 2013
Nice pics of the Airport building, hopefully by next year you can just fly in from Frankfurt or London without going through Abuja.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:42am On May 21, 2013
Freewilly: Nice pics of the Airport building, hopefully by next year you can just fly in from Frankfurt or London without going through Abuja.

Yeah, the new international terminal is scheduled to be completed by December 2014. It's construction cost is N3 billion, and it's being designed to handle 500,000 passengers annually.

I think the N3 billion is a bit on the cheap side, since the FG secured a massive $500 million loan for 5 international terminals. N3 billion is the equivalent of only $20 million undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Freewilly(f): 12:55am On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, the new international terminal is scheduled to be completed by December 2014. It's construction cost is N3 billion, and it's being designed to handle 500,000 passengers annually.

I think the N3 billion is a bit on the cheap side, since the FG secured a massive $500 million loan for 5 international terminals. N3 billion is the equivalent of only $20 million undecided

Just think of all the revenue the Airport will be generating in the months of November and December when Igbos will be

coming home for the Christmas holidays.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:59am On May 21, 2013
Freewilly:

Just think of all the revenue the Airport will be generating in the months of November and December when Igbos will be

coming home for the Christmas holidays.

Yes, the Christmas period will be the busiest one for the airport. Also, the availability of an international terminal will spur growth in the hospitality business in Enugu. A hotel (3 or 4 star) could be built very close to the airport premises.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 1:01am On May 21, 2013
Is this suppose to be an INTERNATIONAL airport in this day and age?

Look at the Enugu governor's face in the pix.

He knows its all BS. Yet he along with the 4/5 fellow Igbo governors could not plan how to build one themselves, even revisit the former one in Uli.

Shame
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:03am On May 21, 2013
^^
Those pics are those of the remodelled domestic terminal. The international terminal will be constructed from scratch.
However, according to GEJ, Ethiopian Airlines will start flying to Enugu as from next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.