Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,534 members, 7,840,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1796588 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
eaglechild:
This is sad, cant anything be done about this?
I believe one should be able to change things.
It just takes a concerned big boy, maybe a senator or someone with links, to effect change.
I have personally laid a complaint to ESWAMA once and they actually responded.
Spyder i'm sure u know one or two pple, with the passion you have for Enugu u can try and start sth.
I no longer live in Enugu, if not i would've started a campaign on this.

I will do more in the coming days to at least find out what their difficulties/challenges are. If they cannot improve I will do other things they will not like, I was very annoyed today about the condition of one lane of the ebe-ano tunnel crossing. Very bad road, almost impassable due to neglect. I will stop and take the ugly pictures next time I pass the ugly scene.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Meanwhile some improvements

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
The 6th tower is also growing

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
These two pictures above were taken around 2.30 pm today.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
Very fast pace of construction at the secretariat.
What of the Airport road?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chiboyz(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2013
@spyder88. Could you show the picture of the zoo estate and can you tell me what it might cost me to purchase a duplex in the estate. Also what would a plot of land at independence layout cost me, not the new independence layout. also is it better to buy and maybe refurbish than to build specially if u are not around. Note all my requests are strictly for zoo estate and independence layout only. Cheers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:44pm On May 06, 2013
chiboyz: @spyder88. Could you show the picture of the zoo estate and can you tell me what it might cost me to purchase a duplex in the estate. Also what would a plot of land at independence layout cost me, not the new independence layout. also is it better to buy and maybe refurbish than to build specially if u are not around. Note all my requests are strictly for zoo estate and independence layout only. Cheers.

Hello Chiboy, welcome to my thread. Before we continue, you should understand that I am very well in tune with Enugu properties, I build, sell and rent houses in Enugu and environs for clients and for myself.

The zoological gardens pictures has been shown in this thread (a few of them). But I still intend to go in there and get more pictures for use in another website. The last I heard, a well built house in the zoo estates will cost about N150-N170 million upwards. This is where you will find cool homes that will compete with foreign standards.

Independence layout houses depends on the area, you can get something in the region of N35-60 million from there. Send me a mail so I can take it from there.

It is much better to build a new house than buy and refurbish (except you buy the land in an area you like and demolish/rebuild) if not I am of the opinion that a fresh design in a new plot will excite your senses of beauty. You have the flexibility to choose your style, position and size of the building, dictate your tastes to us and watch us draw it to suit your lifestyle.

You also choose your colors in everything, the roof colour, tiles, wall paints and other intricate details.

Looking forward to working with you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2013
^^^ I just made some calls and there is one ~sharp~ 6 bedroom duplex right inside the zoo gardens for sale. Send me a mail on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Bye.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 6:25pm On May 06, 2013
spyder880: ^^^ I just made some calls and there is one ~sharp~ 6 bedroom duplex right inside the zoo gardens for sale. Send me a mail on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Bye.

That place is expensive. I was asked to pay 50million for a duplex.

I have never owned that kind of money my whole life
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 7:29pm On May 06, 2013
ZUBY77:

I have never owned that kind of money my whole life.......yet!

Fixed!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 7:33pm On May 06, 2013
Can someone tell me what's happening with the Enugu airport works (or post recent pics if possible)? The knobhead contractor promised the Minister of Information and Nigerians that the job would be completed by march.....we're now in may!

The snail-pace of work on that airport is so annoying. angry

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2013
ZUBY77:

If you can still get a land space there (without any house) for anything below N100m, please holla, I have interested clients waiting.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:07pm On May 07, 2013
I JUST SAW THIS PIX SOMEWHERE IN THE NET. IT SEEMS THE MOST RECENT I HAVE SEEN OF THE AIRPORT INTERIOR. THE GUY TOOK THE PIX SOME TIME IN LATE APRIL 2013. ENJOY FELLOWS

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:09pm On May 07, 2013
MORE INTERIOR. MUCH WORK NEED TO BE DONE IF THESE AIRPORT WILL BE READY THIS YEAR. FORGET POLITICS

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 07, 2013
^^
LMAO grin grin grin

I hope that terminal is completed on schedule though
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:46pm On May 07, 2013
@Henrychubayo: thanks for the pics, but i think they're old ones. I saw these same pics (with the same level of completion) more than a year ago, and i'm sure they would have past that stage by now (ie- with the main airside hall open and exposed to the dust and heat).

That contractor is so useless. It would have been understandable if he was spending all this extra time to make the finished job look sexy, up-to-date and cutting-edge.....with the installation of the last word in modern airport terminal fixtures and fittings; but who are we kidding!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:52pm On May 07, 2013
And another thing: those bloody columns makes the place look like some cheapass warehouse. They should have done away with them in the planning phase (and raised the ceiling a bit) to give the hall a bigger sense of space, light and modernity; but maybe that's just me being fussy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 07, 2013
IGBO-SON:
And another thing: those bloody columns makes the place look like some cheapass warehouse. They should have done away with them in the planning phase (and raised the ceiling a bit) to give the hall a bigger sense of space, light and modernity; but maybe that's just me being fussy.

You've got a point there. Those columns belong to a far-gone architectural era.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 1:44am On May 08, 2013
So after all the promises to make the airport international since 2003, despite all the "Igbo" aviation ministers from Kema Chikwe to the current LOLO, all the SE Senate Presidents, the SE governors and sinisters, Ministers of Finance and CBN governor, Foreign Affairs Minister, Military Heads, so-called Nollywood celebrities, soccer players, musicians, and frankly, even Massob, this airport still looks like shyt.

Too bad APGA, WIC,Eastern Mandate Union, and Ohanaze. You guys remain jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 6:09am On May 08, 2013
ZUBY77:

Pls run away as fast as possible, from those fraudsters cause u cant even get an empty plot for that amount, not to talk of a duplex.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 7:04am On May 08, 2013
eaglechild:
Pls run away as fast as possible, from those fraudsters cause u cant even get an empty plot for that amount, not to talk of a duplex.

Sure i know that lands cost up to 100Mil there now if you even see it. But i meant some years back..

I took out time to drive round the estate. I think it is the best estate in Enugu and i love the street names(named after animals).
You dont need a dibia to tell you that place is not for middle class.. And it is pretty secured. Plus it gives you direct access to the Airport, independence layout, new berries, 8 hours, new heaven, ogui road and even okpara avenue...
The Zoo estate is the ideal settlement... The bad side is the cost
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chiboyz(m): 7:58am On May 08, 2013
@spyder880 for the properties at the zoo estate, is it possible to make payment for up to half the value of the property and pay the rest over 3yrs? The lands you mentioned at old independence layout, are they in built up areas? Can u at least show some pictures of the zoo estate ad I am not furtunate to be able to visit the place myself even though I have an idea where it is. Pllease your quick resppnse will be appreciated as the mrs is also very intrested and it is mostly with her help that I can make it happen. Also if this option of flexibility in payment and that asking price is negotiable, I may be forced to visit enugu ASAP cos we need a place in enugu b4 xmas. Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:03am On May 08, 2013
chiboyz: @spyder880 for the properties at the zoo estate, is it possible to make payment for up to half the value of the property and pay the rest over 3yrs? The lands you mentioned at old independence layout, are they in built up areas? Can u at least show some pictures of the zoo estate ad I am not furtunate to be able to visit the place myself even though I have an idea where it is. Pllease your quick resppnse will be appreciated as the mrs is also very intrested and it is mostly with her help that I can make it happen. Also if this option of flexibility in payment and that asking price is negotiable, I may be forced to visit enugu ASAP cos we need a place in enugu b4 xmas. Thanks.

Ok, let me see what I can do about the pictures, pray to come back from my site at Ebonyi in time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:04am On May 08, 2013
chiboyz: @spyder880 for the properties at the zoo estate, is it possible to make payment for up to half the value of the property and pay the rest over 3yrs? The lands you mentioned at old independence layout, are they in built up areas? Can u at least show some pictures of the zoo estate ad I am not furtunate to be able to visit the place myself even though I have an idea where it is. Pllease your quick resppnse will be appreciated as the mrs is also very intrested and it is mostly with her help that I can make it happen. Also if this option of flexibility in payment and that asking price is negotiable, I may be forced to visit enugu ASAP cos we need a place in enugu b4 xmas. Thanks.

Chiboys, Here is not where you 2 should discuss business. if you want to talk business with spyder, ask him for his phone no or email. if everyone keep making biz arrangements here, you can't imagine what these place will look like. Am not against you biz with him but find alternative. these place is all about development for the south east state of enugu expecially for ppl who re not in the city or country.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chiboyz(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2013
@spyder880 thanks. If all should go well, I hope to be in Nigeria middle of july, pending the figures involved and how nice the area really is. Cheers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2013
Is that the much talked about renovation? I've seen thye Benin airport renovation and it looks way better than this. Why is this happening to us despite the fact that the minister of aviation is from the east.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Is that the much talked about renovation? I've seen thye Benin airport renovation and it looks way better than this. Why is this happening to us despite the fact that the minister of aviation is from the east.

It is called sabotage... Nigeria is still afraid of Biafra.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
chiboyz: @spyder880 thanks. If all should go well, I hope to be in Nigeria middle of july, pending the figures involved and how nice the area really is. Cheers.

I was able to visit the zoo garden estate in GRA Enugu this afternoon, I will arrange to show pictures of about 20 houses from the estate. I wish I will have the time this evening.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Is that the much talked about renovation? I've seen thye Benin airport renovation and it looks way better than this. Why is this happening to us despite the fact that the minister of aviation is from the east.
ZUBY77:

The renovation works aren't complete yet. It's clear that it would take more months for it to be complete, probably in December.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 08, 2013
ZUBY77:

Sorry to jump on your thread guys, but guy, seriously? You'll still blame others for this?

Carry on, people, I like ds thread!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2013
django1:

Sorry to jump on your thread guys, but guy, seriously? You'll still blame others for this?

Carry on, people, I like ds thread!

Yea, as an international airfield, it is not getting the priorities it requires from federal govt.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 08, 2013
I believe in all or none. They should have left the air port the way it was,seriously.

Right from the start,i said this upgrade is not even up to 'national standard' not to talk of international. Is a pity if actually this is a recent pic. They simply built a warehouse. I just pray it's not recent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (705) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: oilykid(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.