Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782836 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 12:03am On Oct 16, 2013
@Henry, I went there two months ago and I saw the new terminal has been built up, far from the foundation level but not yet roofed and all that.
If they continue with that pace, I feel the building shd be looking more like it by now.
I will still go and confirm.

And yes, the flights are real tho I don't have pictures.
And u are right, that project had to be completed bfr 2015 or else, till another 16 yrs when the ministerial post will rotate back to the east.
Dat one go be fukc up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 4:38am On Oct 16, 2013
ketoprofen: @Henry, I went there two months ago and I saw the new terminal has been built up, far from the foundation level but not yet roofed and all that.
If they continue with that pace, I feel the building shd be looking more like it by now.

And u are right, that project had to be completed bfr 2015 or else, till another 16 yrs when the ministerial post will rotate back to the east.
Dat one go be fukc up.

Yes, with the wickedness exhibited by our brethren elsewhere in southern Nigeria, they will make sure they frustrate the project for 100 years if they can. However, I think they have picked a fight they could never win. Even the APC victory they are banking on to use to oppress Igbos will be a pipe dream after 2015. PDP will still win as the only truly national party in Nigeria.This ticking bomb of Nigeria will come to a head if the APC carry out their anti Igbo agenda threat

Nonetheless I don't know the propaganda value those anti development goons may employ easily showing them pictures here of ptogress in the aviation ministry .Let them go get it themselves

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
cjrane:

Yes, with the wickedness exhibited by our brethren elsewhere in southern Nigeria, they will make sure they frustrate the project for 100 years if they can. However, I think they have picked a fight they could never win. Even the APC victory they are banking on to use to oppress Igbos will be a pipe dream after 2015. PDP will still win as the only truly national party in Nigeria.This ticking bomb of Nigeria will come to a head if the APC carry out their anti Igbo agenda threat

Nonetheless I don't know the propaganda value those anti development goons may employ easily showing them pictures here of ptogress in the aviation ministry .Let them go get it themselves

Nothing lasts forever. What is happening at Enugu airport and by extension, the former Eastern region, is a change whose time has come. Though I never expected it to be easy giving the length of time some groups profited from the deliberate closure of the eastern air and maritime corridor. Right now, River, Sea and Deep Sea ports are springing up in Eastern Nigeria, including the one that is rapidly being built at the president's backyard in Bayelsa, aimed at complimenting that of Onitsha, according to Governor Dickson.

In addition to your sentiments, some people are afraid of the consequent mass reverse migration. Yes, because when you sow the wind you reap the whirl wind. And of course, the president has his plans to make the seaports viable before 2019, aware of the post-war red tape that has kept the bulk of merchant ships and international flights out of the whole eastern region.

For Ndigbo, I will want them not to entertain any fear about the on going unjust crucifixion of Adaeze, bearing in mind that her boss was not even spared despite the evidence that he is centuries ahead of his predecessors. In the same note, please, endeavor not to hide any progress being made by this administration to fight social and economic injustice. Your desire is a just one and over due. Those are what they don't want to see or read about the "clueless" president.

Again, I thank God that Akanu Ibiam Airport; the international address of Ndigbo, against all odds, has come to stay. The late Dr. Akanu Ibiam was afterall not a murderer, but a decent elder statesman, quiet, just and a humble missionary. Spiritually, I never for once thought his name will fail us. The original 4 weekly flight schedule is firming up, and hopefully there will soon be daily flights in addition to other foreign airlines that would key in.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Teenom(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fly-to-Enugu-Direct-Initiative/274893442609479?fref=ts

A friend and I started this Facebook Page I believe a year ago to help our cause. Little did we know that international flights would be reality so soon - Aug. 2013. Please make your voice heard, pass the link on to your friends. We still need to update the page with lots of pictures and videos if possible. I'm really shocked at how this news is slowly trickling down to relatives. embarassed. The Airport needs more publicity.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Teenom: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fly-to-Enugu-Direct-Initiative/274893442609479?fref=ts

A friend and I started this Facebook Page I believe a year ago to help our cause. Little did we know that international flights would be reality so soon - Aug. 2013. Please make your voice heard, pass the link on to your friends. We still need to update the page with lots of pictures and videos if possible. I'm really shocked at how this news is slowly trickling down to relatives. embarassed. The Airport needs more publicity.

I have liked the page but you need to update a lot of things there. Also post the page to all igbo thread. Also try to provided some needed infos. Like Local phone numbers of the airline, photos of the current international terminal etc
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
henrychubayo:

I have liked the page but you need to update a lot of things there. Also post the page to all igbo thread. Also try to provided some needed infos. Like Local phone numbers of the airline, photos of the current international terminal etc
do the Enugu international airport fly to Australia? I asked coz by Gods Grace I'll be leaving soon and I don't wanna goto Lagos while there is an international airport in Enugu, I'm from both Rivers and Imo state(strange huh)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
henrychubayo:

And I'll love it if u guys post pics
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
do the Enugu international airport fly to Australia? I asked coz by Gods Grace I'll be leaving soon and I don't wanna goto Lagos while there is an international airport in Enugu, I'm from both Rivers and Imo state(strange huh)
So far, it's only Ethiopian airlines that flies out of Enugu. I'm not sure if Ethiopian airlines flies to Australia. Therefore, I think the shortest route will be to fly Ethiopian from Enugu to Addis Ababa to Dubai. Then you could fly Emirates from Dubai to Melbourne/Sydney, Australia.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
CFCfan:
So far, it's only Ethiopian airlines that flies out of Enugu. I'm not sure if Ethiopian airlines flies to Australia. Therefore, I think the shortest route will be to fly Ethiopian from Enugu to Addis Ababa to Dubai. Then you could fly Emirates from Dubai to Melbourne/Sydney, Australia.
Sydney is were I'll be going but don't u think it'll take time doing it this way, whatever I always wanted to stop at different countries before I make it to Sydney, will all these be booked or done in Nigeria? Sorry if the question is stupid, just asking as a newbie
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:

Ethiopian airline has already signed an BASA agreement with Australia government...they are waiting to see if they will get a landing(code share with Singapore) spot in Singapore and they will start flying to Australia via Singapore.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
CFCfan:
and can I also make more stops on other countries beside Ethiopia and UAE
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
Sydney is were I'll be going but don't u think it'll take time doing it this way, whatever I always wanted to stop at different countries before I make it to Sydney, will all these be booked or done in Nigeria? Sorry if the question is stupid, just asking as a newbie

A travel agent in Nigeria can arrange your itinerary. You can book/buy the tickets in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
ARROBA:

Ethiopian airline has already signed an BASA agreement with Australia government...they are waiting to see if they will get a landing(code share with Singapore) spot in Singapore and they will start flying to Australia via Singapore.
Hope this will be done before ending December
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
and can I also make more stops on other countries beside Ethiopia and UAE
Yeah, You can. But u would have to use either Lagos or Abuja airports to access the other countries. You could fly British airways from Lag/Abj to London to Sydney; United airline from Lagos to Houston to Sydney etc.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
CFCfan:

A travel agent in Nigeria can arrange your itinerary. You can book/buy the tickets in Nigeria.
Thanks bro, chukwu gozie gi
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
ARROBA:

Okay. Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
CFCfan:
Yeah, You can. But u would have to use either Lagos or Abuja airports to access the other countries. You could fly British airways from Lag/Abj to London to Sydney; United airline from Lagos to Houston to Sydney etc.
Thanks but I want my first international flight to be on my homeland

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
ARROBA:

Chukwu gozie gi
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
ketoprofen: @Henry, I went there two months ago and I saw the new terminal has been built up, far from the foundation level but not yet roofed and all that.

Dat one go be fukc up.

Please I am very interested in how far work has gone on the new international terminal building - please post pictures or provide details as soon as you can.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2013
I hope none of you would miss the almighty ENUGU CULTURAL FIESTA from 9 to 23 December. Make una no miss aam o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 11:58am On Oct 18, 2013
Boicc: I hope none of you would miss the almighty ENUGU CULTURAL FIESTA from 9 to 23 December. Make una no miss aam o!!!!

Wonderful. Another Ethiopian flight is about to land.

Silence is the key here.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
django1: You fcckers angry anyone against ibos are Yoruba abi. Idiats.

[size=15pt]Please anyone with access to the Minister should tell her to beef up her security.There is more than meets the eye to the determination of some people to force the Minister to resign.
From a security point of view, if we as ordinary citizens see all these blackmail against the Honorable Minister to resign, you can imagine the tons of threats she has been receiving from these people.

Like Prof. Dora Akunyili that nearly lost her life to an assassin's bullet for not taking the threats and blackmail to resign seriously, Princess Stella Oduah truly needs a bullet proof car if she likes her life. I hope she is not cowed by these blackmailers to leave her security with loop holes.

These people will surely attempt to take her life after their media blackmail fails, if she is not proactive with her security.
Perhaps that is why they are already so angry now,that she has beat them to it. Who knows?
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

[size=15pt]Please anyone with access to the Minister should tell her to beef up her security.There is more than meets the eye to the determination of some people to force the Minister to resign.
From a security point of view, if we as ordinary citizens see all these blackmail against the Honorable Minister to resign, you can imagine the tons of threats she has been receiving from these people.

Like Prof. Dora Akunyili that nearly lost her life to an assassin's bullet for not taking the threats and blackmail to resign seriously, Princess Stella Oduah truly needs a bullet proof car if she likes her life. I hope she is not cowed by these blackmailers to leave her security with loop holes.

These people will surely attempt to take her life after their media blackmail fails, if she is not proactive with her security.
Perhaps that is why they are already so angry now,that she has beat them to it. Who knows?
[/size]

It's only those that happen to know Stella as a minister would entertain fears. Those of us born at Onitsha knows that she is the incarnate of her late father, His Majesty, Igwe Oduah of Akili. A hefty light skinned seven-footer. He was a man of strong character, feared by his enemies and highly respected in his days. Stella knows how to handle her enemies, i can bet you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ujoinme: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
found this pictures of the enugu airport and thought i should share some have already been posted some might be new if youve already seen them then sorry.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ujoinme: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
more

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ujoinme: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
more 1

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
ujoinme: more 1

We have seen all of them. We have it here. It was posted by me. What we need it the pix of the ongoing construction of the International terminal. We need to follow it up now. If they remove the minister, I doubt if the project will be continued believe me. If u re in Enugu, try to save us the whole worries by taken some pix of the new terminal. We need these project now more than ever b4. Collective support will see it be realized.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 1:42am On Oct 19, 2013
henrychubayo:

We have seen all of them. We have it here. It was posted by me. What we need it the pix of the ongoing construction of the International terminal. We need to follow it up now. If they remove the minister, I doubt if the project will be continued believe me. If u re in Enugu, try to save us the whole worries by taken some pix of the new terminal. We need these project now more than ever b4. Collective support will see it be realized.

i was dia 2day. They r working bt it is fenced i cudnt see anytin. I tnk its stil at d substructure levev

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:12am On Oct 19, 2013
basilo101:
i was dia 2day. They r working bt it is fenced i cudnt see anytin. I tnk its stil at d substructure levev

Thank you very much for the update. I just want to ask you, did you see signs of seriousness in the project? Did you see big trucks, machinery and other equipment showing that there are actually working on an international project? Did you see the chinese expert that was given the project to handle may be around the airport premises? Wish to get the answers but thanks for the one u have provided.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:43am On Oct 19, 2013
lmao
henrychubayo:

Thank you very much for the update. I just want to ask you, did you see signs of seriousness in the project? Did you see big trucks, machinery and other equipment showing that there are actually working on an international project? Did you see the chinese expert that was given the project to handle may be around the airport premises? Wish to get the answers but thanks for the one u have provided.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 8:47am On Oct 19, 2013
joeluv: lmao

No be only u o.

I thought I was the only one enthusiastic abt that airport till I read that post.

Henry, na u biko. No be only Chinese expert

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.