Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1806847 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
dt wil b all for nw,stil hv sum strits around my hood to snap cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva: There are loads of storey buildings in residential parts of Enugu and Igboland in general and it's a good trend that should be maintained due to the limitations of land. This is something that's done in Cairo, Egypt to manage land. What Igboland needs is just some cosmetics to go with the building infrastructure. When that is done, cities like Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi will be a sight to behold.
if u go to places lik meniru,dts wia we hv lots of storey buildings.bt d problem is dt d place is stil developin n most of their interior roads hv nt been tarred unlike achara layout.if only d govt wil mak it mandatory for every compound to plant flowers around their surroundings wit closed drainages,our inner strits would hv been much beta dt wat it is rit nw

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Oilykid your pics are much appreciated though Achara Layout is well known we need to see more of the new developments in Enugu not withstanding that some have no tarred roads. The architecture of some of the new buildings are amazing and gives encouragement and confidence to those who wish to invest in Enugu. Keep it up because I can assure you that you have a wide audience seeing your pics. Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Oilykid your pics are much appreciated though Achara Layout is well known we need to see more of the new developments in Enugu not withstanding that some have no tarred roads. The architecture of some of the new buildings are amazing and gives encouragement and confidence to those who wish to invest in Enugu. Keep it up because I can assure you that you have a wide audience seeing your pics. Well done.
thank u sir for ur words of encouragement,i will always try upload pics of any development in within my hood
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
oilykid: i was jobless dis mawnin,grin ;Dso decided to stroll around n snap pics
Bros thanks for the pics. If you happen to take a ride around Enugu city, snap more. We do appreciate your contributions a lot. Daalu!

BTW, we all don't comment not because we don't appreciate your work, but we prefer this thread to be filled with current pictures of Enugu instead of our sometimes pointless comments.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
I went 2 shoprite yesterday..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
obum042: I went 2 shoprite yesterday..

^^^Nice pic Obumneme! Did you take it on the ferris wheel?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Yes..it was fun yesterday..I can back from akwaibom on friday(am serving deir..NYSC)so i decided 2 visit shoprite.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Tnx everyone for the pix. Seeing all these gives those in diaspora hope that our land has not been abandoned completely abandoned. Please I am wondering if Ogbete market still receives patronage from our people considering the amount of cars at shoprite. Sorry guys, just a thought.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
obum042:
Yes..it was fun yesterday..I can back from akwaibom on friday(am serving deir..NYSC)so i decided 2 visit shoprite.
Quite interesting! Is that Formular One car or... grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
biafrandream:
Tnx everyone for the pix. Seeing all these gives those in diaspora hope that our land has not been abandoned completely abandoned. Please I am wondering if Ogbete market still receives patronage from our people considering the amount of cars at shoprite. Sorry guys, just a thought.
Ogbete is in a class of its own,the number of people that patronise ogbete is far more than that of shoprite. K.F.C has opened their outlet at shoprite..a lot of cars now in enugu.the bridge linking enugu and abakaliki has collapsed.it collapsed while carrying 900 bags of cement.(Saw it on AIT tool bar).

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
biafrandream:
Quite interesting! Is that Formular One car or... grin
Yes it is formular one.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
obum042:
Ogbete is in a class of its own,the number of people that patronise ogbete is far more than that of shoprite. K.F.C has opened their outlet at shoprite..a lot of cars now in enugu.the bridge linking enugu and abakaliki has collapsed.it collapsed while carrying 900 bags of cement.(Saw it on AIT tool bar).
What? I hope it was not that Aboki's lorry (Dangote) that destroyed our bridge. If yes he must be made to pay for it. Lol. A lot of fantastic news coming from Enugu. We are still far from there, but definitely we are making progress. I believe better things are ahead.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
obum042:

^^^Great! sad

Now kids will use their pester power and tantrums to drag mum and dad to KFC every weekend! It's like a drug; only takes one visit and everyone is hooked!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Enjoying the new pics,
Thanks oilykid and Obum042, pls keep them coming.

Just a little off topic, in Owerri the Wetheral round about at govt house received a big uplift with some christmas decorations, water fountains and stone works, they look very nice.

I wonder if Sullivan has any plans of putting up some Christmas decorations, at least on major streets.
It helps lighten the mood and encourages leisure activities and visitors.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
cjrane:
Bros thanks for the pics. If you happen to take a ride around Enugu city, snap more. We do appreciate your contributions a lot. Daalu!

BTW, we all don't comment not because we don't appreciate your work, but we prefer this thread to be filled with current pictures of Enugu instead of our sometimes pointless comments.
thanks alot,i wil always try my best
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
eaglechild: Enjoying the new pics,
Thanks oilykid and Obum042, pls keep them coming.

Just a little off topic, in Owerri the Wetheral round about at govt house received a big uplift with some christmas decorations, water fountains and stone works, they look very nice.

I wonder if Sullivan has any plans of putting up some Christmas decorations, at least on major streets.
It helps lighten the mood and encourages leisure activities and visitors.
thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
there was sum dt i cud nt upload in d mawnin due to its size,i hv to resize them.i wil upload them soon
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
k

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Another view from ferris wheel..

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
shocked shocked too many cars@obum,was dt day on sunday
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=obum042]Another view from ferris wheel..[/quot
Quite awesome! grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
more of achara layout

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
dt wil b all for nw,i may go to independence layout or transkulu before xmas to snap sum pics

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
oilykid: more of achara layout
This Street is looking for some face-lift. The open gutters should be closed & Ornamental trees & flowers planted.Side-Walks should be created also. It needs also some street lighting & security cameras. The sand on The Road needs to be swept or taken away! When all these are done, You can now enjoy your neighborhood.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
oilykid: shocked shocked too many cars@obum,was dt day on sunday
No,dats on saturday .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Infront of okpara square.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
obum042:
No,dats on saturday .
i wonder hw it wud hv been if it was on sunday,enugu's is reali increasing dis days
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
invest-now2013:
This Street is looking for some face-lift. The open gutters should be closed & Ornamental trees & flowers planted.Side-Walks should be created also. It needs also some street lighting & security cameras. The sand on The Road needs to be swept or taken away! When all these are done, You can now enjoy your neighborhood.
on d issue of street lights,there was a time dis yr dt some fences were marked for removal to gv way for d strit lights bt d project was neva carried out.its luks like dt d contractor dt was meant to handle d it embezzled d funds
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerians will never stop being funny.

Someone goes to a mall and the best picture he has to offer is it's parking lot
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ikengawo: Nigerians will never stop being funny.

Someone goes to a mall and the best picture he has to offer is it's parking lot

Bros,i tried but failed to ignore this comment as another typically negative and ungrateful attitude of a Nigerian, where we must open our mouth to say negative things about others always, while we haven't and cannot do better.
I think the joke is actually on you that don't know the Polo Park Mall security-men disallow taking pictures inside the mall.

In this Enugu thread, we are grateful to those who take-out time to snap and post picshures here for everyone's viewing pleasure. The quality,the angle and even the location they choose to photograph is totally to their discretion.
Since nobody stopped you from taking your well informed professional picshures and posting them here for everyone's pleasure, you should either go and take yours or atleast show some gratitude to those people transporting themselves around town to entertain you free of charge with their cameras. Some may have to buy petrol to put in generator to post pictures for other NLanders.
First say THANK YOU to them then BEG them to snap the inside of the mall for you instead of insinuating they are funny characters for their efforts grin

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
cjrane:

Bros,i tried but failed to ignore this comment as another typically negative and ungrateful attitude of a Nigerian, where we must open our mouth to say negative things about others always, while we haven't and cannot do better.
I think the joke is actually on you that don't know the Polo Park Mall security-men disallow taking pictures inside the mall.

In this Enugu thread, we are grateful to those who take-out time to snap and post picshures here for everyone's viewing pleasure. The quality,the angle and even the location they choose to photograph is totally to their discretion.
Since nobody stopped you from taking your well informed professional picshures and posting them here for everyone's pleasure, you should either go and take yours or atleast show some gratitude to those people transporting themselves around town to entertain you free of charge with their cameras. Some may have to buy petrol to put in generator to post pictures for other NLanders.
First say THANK YOU to them then BEG them to snap the inside of the mall for you instead of insinuating they are funny characters for their efforts grin

well, not siding anybody,
But They actually allow ppl to snap inside the mall, with reckless abandon for that matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.