Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,267 members, 7,867,706 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1810110 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OgidiBoy(m): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2012
@spyder880 God bless you a million time for this thread, I keep coming back to see if you'd posed any new pics.This thread has been the best thing to happen to NL in a very long time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:03am On Jul 04, 2012
OgidiBoy: @spyder880 God bless you a million time for this thread, I keep coming back to see if you'd posed any new pics.This thread has been the best thing to happen to NL in a very long time.

Thank you brother.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:06am On Jul 04, 2012
Hehehehehehehe, we dey chop deers and antelopes here o grin

Welcome to mama Onyinye's shop at Nkwoagu Udi town. Just ask for palm wine there and wash it down wella, and the rest as they say....... is history cheesy grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by JojoArmani(m): 1:08am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder wooooooow wat a wonderful thread. U ve really made my day wit dis thread. I love it. Our 042 is de Bomb. U ve said it all, notin else left for me to say. Just teste and see dat Enugu (042) is good. Enugu anyi di egwu. Thumb up man.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by glogirl(f): 1:10am On Jul 04, 2012
@spyder880,

Lol. I remember lobito.
I jee n'akwa I gotee m lobito.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by JojoArmani(m): 1:36am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder u can get pic of hotels like, Nike Lake resort, Golden tupli, blue island and more of enugu hotels. For confort of those visitin our state. 042. Thumb up man. Me likey.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 1:38am On Jul 04, 2012
Thank you, my village road has been done by sullivan, NENWE IN ANINRI with solar energy street light is their now, we are still waitin for water.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 1:59am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: The forest at the valley below is so dangerous people don't go down there, a 5 kilometer square valley of up to 800 feet down is some places, the carcass of many vehicles are below there, pythons, anacondas and lions might be living down there.
Sure freaks me out! I have been in this town for about 10yrs but only been on that road 2ce! I'm just too scared of that road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 2:06am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: Chukwuani street, many of these houses are mud houses done over a hundred years ago. Still standing, average rent per room here is N3,500.
N3,500? Should be lesser. Thats what the average rent is in better looking houses/rooms in Oba/Ogidi/Carter/Morehouse/Lagos/Richards streets of prestigious Ogui Road
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Best thread in a while. I will visit Enugu in a short while because of what I've seen here. Wow, some crazy houses too.
I think the South East has the best Human capital in Nigeria. That capital if channeled towards development of the region would make it about the best place in Africa.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Torch1(m): 5:18am On Jul 04, 2012
@Spyder.. You have done a great work here, i have been following this wonderful thread since i came back from work last night.
I have been to P.H, Awka, Owerri, Lagos, Ibadan etc.. Am yet to visit Enugu but with what am seeing here i think Enugu city is more beautiful apart from Lasgidi(Lagos).
Thanks 4 this wonderful thread. Nwanne daalu!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2012
A very wonderful thread!
Bro spyder880 you delivered as you promised. Thanks!
I've had a ball feasting my eyes on pictures of our beloved Enugu. There is only ONE Enugu in the world. Very proud to call it home.
cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kalufelix(m): 5:32am On Jul 04, 2012
Odunnu:
Evu le moo, e vu le moo. Enwere m onye le vum. Lol
onye na evu gi o na azu ahia akpukpu ukwu na main market??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Torch1(m): 5:50am On Jul 04, 2012
kalufelix: onye na evu gi o na azu ahia akpukpu ukwu na main market??
lol..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2012
kalufelix: onye na evu gi o na azu ahia akpukpu ukwu na main market??
O be yea *with heavy Nkanu accent*

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Odunnu:
O be yea *with heavy Nkanu accent*

Lemme expand it grin

Ka n' enweuru m onye l'evu mou,
N' obu n' O na ere akpukpu ukwu na main marketio
Eshi ya nine bu eji eji
Sandal eye bu nkwa (very thick awkunanaw accent)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2012
@ Spyder, u've made me to refocus and restrategise. I'll work harder,smarter and think more so as to save money and establish somtin in Enugu withhin the next 5-10 yrs.Enugu amaka.Ofcourse with help from Big man up in the heavens,I'll achieve it in time. Ike Lagos Agwugo m.

Spyder daalu and Godbless
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 6:55am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880:

Lemme expand it grin

Ka n' enweuru m onye l'evu mou,
N' obu n' O na ere akpukpu ukwu na main marketio
Eshi ya nine bu eji eji
Sandal eye bu nkwa (very thick awkunanaw accent)
Classica!!! grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2012
Odunnu:
N3,500? Should be lesser. Thats what the average rent is in better looking houses/rooms in Oba/Ogidi/Carter/Morehouse/Lagos/Richards streets of prestigious Ogui Road

Some of the mud rooms go as high as N4k per month, the nearby tinker spare parts market has thousands of young men wanting to live close to their shops. Some families have lived up to 60 years in a yard, up to 3 generations born and raised there. I lived in Calabar street in my teens for 6 years. Learnt how to fight here in coal camp, our boress constructions? If you no strong, boys go give you gutter water to drink if you lose a fight, and the gutters back then has sh:it flowing through it in the bucket system toilets. Uwa di egwu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Ozonna: @ Spyder, u've made me to refocus and restrategise. I'll work harder,smarter and think more so as to save money and establish somtin in Enugu withhin the next 5-10 yrs.Enugu amaka.Ofcourse with help from Big man up in the heavens,I'll achieve it in time. Ike Lagos Agwugo m.

Spyder daalu and Godbless

You will be very welcome, home is sweet.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2012
We have not seen Trans Ekulu! Another very large, upscale part of Enugu, near to the over populated Abakpa Nike, I have a joint to visit there today, ever eaten roasted yam with fresh palm oil and onions, salt, pepper and utazi leaves? Join me for the best of it later this afternoon. tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 7:09am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: We have not seen Trans Ekulu! Another very large, upscale part of Enugu, near to the over populated Abakpa Nike, I have a joint to visit there today, ever eaten roasted yam with fresh palm oil and onions, salt, pepper and utazi leaves? Join me for the best of it later this afternoon. tongue
. . .with ugba! Choooi! I gbu go m final!
If I no chop am today, I no go fit rest oo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nancy42(m): 7:11am On Jul 04, 2012
oga spyder u no go kill person. Well dis is one of d best threads i hve followed on nairaland. Well done with d pics n dont 4get 2 uplaod ur ji kpacha pics. U shuld also try 2 visit menriu n one day dose places re developing @ fast rate. Well anybodi who said sullivan aint trying shuld go n hug d nearest transformer d guy d try badly
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nancy42(m): 7:14am On Jul 04, 2012
meanwhile am a building contractor am handling a building project @ ebeano tunnel if u re chanced in any way u cld pop in lets hve a drink inside ma site n discuss biz
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Enugu is not just the best place in the east, Enugu is the best city in the whole of souther Nigeria. Lagos is big, sure it is but too noisy and too many people and cars.... Watch the roads in Enugu and notice few cars. Enugu is just a five minutes drive from my village. my village called IHE in awgu district has one of the best roads you can imagine ...constructed by sullivan with solar powered street lights mounted by Ekwerenmadu and co.. Its his constituency though. I will take pics when i visit again..
Enugu is just one giant GRA or you can call it a little California.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Depot(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2012
I hate Enugu wit passion.Enugu state has d highest number of jobless youths.Its only in Enugu that u c a 40 yrs old guy stil livin wit his parents.80% of Enugu guys r cultists,even @ old age,they stil practice cultism.80% of d girls r prostitutes.Y must i raise my children in such environment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2012
All this rural road has been done awkulano to Agboogugu, Ihe to ogugu, Nenwe to mgbowo, i think Agwu is under construction.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mmiriariugwu: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2012
What a thread! Yet 2 see 1 as interesting as dis on dis forum,objective and balanced.keep it up man
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ndata(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2012
@ZUBBY77
Enugu is not just the best place in the east, Enugu is the best city in the whole of souther Nigeria. Lagos is big, sure it is but too noisy and too many people and cars.... Watch the roads in Enugu and notice few cars. Enugu is just a five minutes drive from my village.

We shouldn't forget the fact that Enugu city was the capital of Eastern region.So most of the mansion seen in these pictures are not solely owned by Enugu indigenes but individuals from all parts of Igboland.
On the other hand Anambra state is the only state in Igbo land with highest concentration of mansions in the villages.I used to wonder why most Anambra people will spend as much as 15 million naira to build a mansion in their villages which they stay in only during Christmas festivities.You will hardly see mud houses in Anambra villages.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by keneslow: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: car sales point at Ziks avenue, you can see parts of Lobito's house, anyone here heard of Lobito in the 80's?

Lo lo lo lo lobitoooo ... They had their shop right by Kenyatta market, it was where everyone went for Xmas shopping. The rumor ws that he pushed, got caught and was poisoned or something along those lines.

Spyder you have done a great job here. Biko aru ole ka idi? Just curious; next time I am in Enugu I would love to meet you in person. I have been following some of your other threads and you my brother are an inspiration.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Guy i need to see bubble blaze, city center, upper chime, gariki, rangers avenue, govt road, IMT road, nkpokiti, UNIC Road and edusie. Thanks you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2012
OgidiBoy: @spyder880 God bless you a million time for this thread, I keep coming back to see if you'd posed any new pics.This thread has been the best thing to happen to NL in a very long time.

Wow! Look who we have here.
Hiya!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (708) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.