Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,291 members, 7,839,437 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1796072 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dumdum217(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2012
Depot: I hate Enugu wit passion.Enugu state has d highest number of jobless youths.Its only in Enugu that u c a 40 yrs old guy stil livin wit his parents.80% of Enugu guys r cultists,even @ old age,they stil practice cultism.80% of d girls r prostitutes.Y must i raise my children in such environment.
umunnem bikonu gbachi onye ala nunwa nkiti ona acho onye ga atupulu ya onu mana na umu igbo enwelo efe onye nzuzu di ka ya! Though am new on dis forum bt am so much enjoyin dis particular thread.Spyder nwanne ibu ezigbote nwa amala udo.diri gi nwannem
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Depot: I hate Enugu wit passion.Enugu state has d highest number of jobless youths.Its only in Enugu that u c a 40 yrs old guy stil livin wit his parents.80% of Enugu guys r cultists,even @ old age,they stil practice cultism.80% of d girls r prostitutes.Y must i raise my children in such environment.

Must you talk nonsense? Keep the Bleep up
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2012
Spyder, nice work so far. Still waiting for a few pics of old GRA......want to see if they've chopped down all the trees that area was known for.

Cheers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2012
This is has to the best thread i've encountered so far in 2012. I'm waiting to say another thread that will top this one. Sypder Nwanne, you have done well. This thread has made to start thinking even more about home.

Pls, try and se if you can take pictures of Awkunanaw(my home town)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2012
I want 2 use dis opportunity 2 admonish evry Igboman 2 STOP INVESTING OUTSIDE IGBOLAND, u can do ur business anywhere in Nigeria or beyond but when it comes 2 erecting physical structures i.e houses and industries, PLS, PLS AND PLS build it in ALAIGBO because nobody knws 2moro. To me i see it as being foolhardy when i see our folks investing heavily in d north n oda places. Som ppl give excuses of economies of scale/profitability n oda jargons but d reality is dat d east has d advantage over oda places in Nigeria except perhaps Lagos, any factory/industry or business established in places like Aba,Onitsha or Nnewi will easily b distributed across Nigeria because of dea large markets. I felt like crying whn i saw what Igbos built at ASPAMDA n oda places in Lagos, not 2 talk of d ones up north. Biko nu umu nnem na umu nnam, onye aghala nwanne ya, ka aku anyi ruo ulo, onye ajuru aju anaghi aju onwe ya. Ekwuola mu nkem!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2012
dude uv said it all. onye nwere nti nya nuru .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FACE(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
[/b]
Ndata: @ZUBBY77

We shouldn't forget the fact that Enugu city was the capital of Eastern region.So most of the mansion seen in these pictures are not solely owned by Enugu indigenes but individuals from all parts of Igboland.
On the other hand Anambra state is the only state in Igbo land with highest concentration of mansions in the villages.I used to wonder why most Anambra people will spend as much as 15 million naira to build a mansion in their villages which they stay in only during Christmas festivities.You will hardly see mud houses in Anambra villages.

You have not been to Ideato/Okwelle /Izuogu axis of Imo. Mbaise people do not get heard for some reason; maybe because they are into acada and not politics.They produce the highest concentration of doctors in Imo state and by extension Nigeria. You need to see the houses in their Villas. Surely you don't know of Abiriba, Item and IsuIkwuato in Abia. Even small small boys of 26 are putting up mansions in my villa, with some locked up for two years, so STFU and stop measuring dciks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: drinks depot at Igbariam street, watch that guy collecting a girl's phone number cheesy

Spyder, u have finally nailed me!!! I wanted to just look at the pictures and pass
but i fit not any longer!!!!!!

U see this Beer depot, the street beside it is called Nnaji Ogbodo Street!!!
This was were i spent solid 25 growing up years of my life. I was born here, my parents trained and tutored me here.
Became rich here before they moved to New GRA Trans Ekulu and i down to Lagos to seek better pastures!!
Our former building is the last house on this street known as UNTH quarters alongside 3 other building on the same line(u will see the first one standing at the junction were have the beer depot). I love every bit of this area and it holds loads of nostalgia for me. I played all my childhood pranks and gimmicks here.

Incidentally, this beer depot is called Bufa investment and used to be the biggest Nigerian Breweries distributor in Enugu back in the days. He owns this building and i don't know if it's so up till now. The other two competitors he had back then all live in this street. Onwe & Sons(second to the last house on ur right) and Nwoji & Sons (second to the last house on the left). Also, one of the biggest electronics vendors in Enugu lives on this street (beside Nwoji's place) Benny Brothers & Sons. I just can't stop remembering my good old days here. Opposite this depot, divided by the road was an old Nitel call center where we used to come and make card calls and do fax. GSM has sent that one packing. Embassy restaurant is nearby as well as Bright super stores. Kai, good old days!!!!

I am looking forward to coming back to re-settle here again as the Lagos sojourn is wearing out gradually.
I was in Enugu last june and should be here again in August. I really look forward to any time i have to go to Enugu
I will hope u will catch my area in the New GRA pics. My street is where the current minister of defence F. Njeze owns a small hotel.
I really really appreciate what you are doing here.

Do also love to see pictures of the Mayor market, St Pauls Awkunanaw, one of the biggest catholic parishes in Enugu, Bilante Bridge
Bisalla Road, Kenyatta, Obioma Street, Ufuma and surrounding street.

By the way, u forgot to tell them Coal Camp is the headquarters of Auto Spare parts in Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
European and American women Married to a Village in the Eastern part of Nigerian, dancing "Egwu Ukwu, agbacha ekuru nwa" (waist Dance. Women use the dance to prepare to take-in for another baby) we are too much we get oyibo wive dancing our ijele dance heheheheheheh

oyibo full igboland ooooooooooooooooooo we are republicans in nature just like white people...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lmao @ white women dancing African dance.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nkemsplendid: 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
I grew up on campus at UNN. It was the perfect community, as kids we loved the place. Families would come back from overseas (where maybe a parent went for further studies)and would fit in immediately cos the environment was world class. The University school was more international than the wannabe Intl. schools they want me send me kids to today for N1m/term! Spider please spare some time to get us pics from Nsukka,thanks. Meanwhile who was dt guy talking abt hating Enugu wt a passion, you are free to but don't peddle lies pls. Wts all dt rubbish abt Enugu girls being love peddlers, get a life and go and bring up your children in Damaturu in silence.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Buchianom(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
Coal city state remains d best anytym anyday,tnx fr refreshin my memory once mor spyder! I miss Enugu lyk madt!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tmontee: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880:

send me a bottle of chilled star grin grin

and this is a good watering hole, strategically placed on a hill where we gather to take business decisions at night

This must be thinkers Corner junction. Nice one.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Depot(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Enugu dey dull person.I grew up in ph.Later relocated 2 kano and now back 2 lagos.I luv commercial cities wia u will make something out of nothing.Not in Enugu.Enugu life na 2 drink beer,Bleep woman.datz all.In my street in lagos,if u r stil living wit ur parents,u cnt talk when men r talking but nt in Enugu.U c men posing in their parents ride,using bb when they dnt even have money in their acct.Fake life,datz what enugu is all about.Everybody wan show im self even without money in his pocket.Enugu guy cn kill or hurt person just because of 5k,d rate of poverty there is extremly alarming.They even calculate d food they eat with calculator.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lots and lots of frigging pictures of Enugu coming up later tonight. Una no go believe am! This is exciting and interesting at the same time!

@ Depot, apart from Anambra boys, Enugu have got the largest population of very rich "self made" big boys in the whole country. (I am proud to be one of them) Your points show you dont know Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
I am the stadium watching Rangers mauling Niger Tornadoes, pictures later. grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: I am the stadium watching Rangers mauling Niger Tornadoes, pictures later. grin
It's good to know that Enugu will retain the lead in the NPL. We're waiting fro pictures from the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
spyder880: I am the stadium watching Rangers mauling Niger Tornadoes, pictures later. grin

Let me warn U!!
U have succeeded in sucking me in!
If u don't upload pictures in another 5 hrs max!! Na permanent kipnad be that!
Infact u are already infringing on that ultimatum shocked shocked grin grin

Nna i can't wait grin!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Emperoh:

Let me warn U!!
U have succeeded in sucking me in!
If u don't upload pictures in another 5 hrs max!! Na permanent kipnad be that!
Infact u are already infringing on that ultimatum shocked shocked grin grin

Nna i can't wait grin!

Bros chill na, man suppose cool off with some bush meat first
cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
There are nice houses in Enugu and well kept roads. The thing that stands out about Enugu from the pics, is that I can believe it is a peaceful and cool place to live or holiday as people are saying. We have lovely houses all over Nigerian cities/towns, but only a few come across as places I can imagine being peaceful and contented.

I must visit Enugu, Calabar and Uyo someday...........
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Da infamous: European and American women Married to a Village in the Eastern part of Nigerian, dancing "Egwu Ukwu, agbacha ekuru nwa" (waist Dance. Women use the dance to prepare to take-in for another baby) we are too much we get oyibo wive dancing our ijele dance heheheheheheh

oyibo full igboland ooooooooooooooooooo we are republicans in nature just like white people...

I'm really tired of this inferiority complex by Africans. It has to stop. There isn't any prestige in European women dancing your dances. None of their people give a shit if you line-danced. Look at how they've given the women special privilege to dance on their own like their superior to native women. Then you wonder why a German or even an Indian comes to your country and sets dogs on you.

'Oyibo' is a minority in Igboland, and it isn't an accomplishment to have Europeans 'full' your land in the first place. And "white people" are not 'republicans' by nature (I guess you mean their society?), even if they were, it doesn't make Igbo people any less or better because they're similar to Europeans. You're actually giving the people that constantly abuse you in your own country privilege, something they never do in their own countries or even colonies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rhymz(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
ezeagu:

I'm really tired of this inferiority complex by Africans. It has to stop. There isn't any prestige in European women dancing your dances. None of their people give a shit if you line-danced. Look at how they've given the women special privilege to dance on their own like their superior to native women. Then you wonder why a German or even an Indian comes to your country and sets dogs on you.

'Oyibo' is a minority in Igboland, and it isn't an accomplishment to have Europeans 'full' your land in the first place. And "white people" are not 'republicans' by nature (I guess you mean their society?), even if they were, it doesn't make Igbo people any less or better because they're similar to Europeans. You're actually giving the people that constantly abuse you in your own country privilege, something they never do in their own countries or even colonies.
ezeagu, come on na. . Spyder was just being sarcastic, I see nothing demeaning about his remarks. Of course, anyone will be curious to see a set of white women not just show interest in dancing a native dance but also perform it, why are you getting heart burns from that and pontificating about self-esteem. In fact, anyone that picks a bone with such a frivolous thing is himself, suffering from some latent insecurities.
Anyway, let's just enjoy this thread and stop picking faults unneccessarily, there will be another thread for such. As for that eeeediot claiming he had lived in Enugu and hates the place, nigga, who cares if you lived in Pluto?? Abeg carry your bile enter one corner go drink, why are you trying so hard to get a response, you dont matter.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rinora(f): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
Da infamous: i hope you are hot?cuz we want fine yoruba girls at list big ikebe is alright for me,our towns enugu is our california baby very enjoyable nice and clean and 22 hrs light a day hehehehehehehehehe hmmmmmmmmmmmmm i lick lips...........

U so funny..LOL,sadly i dont ve big Ikebe,but am not bad looking sha at least judging from people's comment of me,except if dey are deceiving me,but whether you like it or not sha,or approve or not approve,me i would sha still visit,the place,hope u guys would recieve me well wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rhymz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
rinora:

U so funny..LOL,sadly i dont ve big Ikebe,but am not bad looking sha at least judging from people's comment of me,except if dey are deceiving me,but whether you like it or not sha,or approve or not approve,me i would sha still visit,the place,hope u guys would recieve me well wink
*runs off to check her profile picture*
comes back disappointed with a sad face, no pishure. . Babe put ya pishure na
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
rhymz: ezeagu, come on na. . Spyder was just being sarcastic, I see nothing demeaning about his remarks. Of course, anyone will be curious to see a set of white women not just show interest in dancing a native dance but also perform it, why are you getting heart burns from that and pontificating about self-esteem. In fact, anyone that picks a bone with such a frivolous thing is himself, suffering from some latent insecurities.
Anyway, let's just enjoy this thread and stop picking faults unneccessarily, there will be another thread for such. As for that eeeediot claiming he had lived in Enugu and hates the place, nigga, who cares if you lived in Pluto?? Abeg carry your bile enter one corner go drink, why are you trying so hard to get a response, you dont matter.

I've seen enough of that sentiment to know it isn't fully a joke. If the sentiment didn't exist there wouldn't even be a joke in the first place. Let's look at it in another way "Blacks are full up in England, we're the best, look at all the black women in our rural town, ahahaha", honestly, do you think this would be a joke by an Englishman?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
ezeagu:

[size=15pt]^^^^^^^^^^^[/size]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rhymz(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
ezeagu:

I've seen enough of that sentiment to know it isn't fully a joke. If the sentiment didn't exist there wouldn't even be a joke in the first place. Let's look at it in another way "Blacks are full up in England, we're the best, look at all the black women in our rural town, ahahaha", honestly, do you think this would be a joke by an Englishman?
anyway sha, let's just put that aside for another thread and enjoy this thread. To be honest, I am realy impressed by developments in Enugu, I no go lie o, Owerri has nothing on Enugu o except may be the women. .lol. . mr spyder, hope u wont mind uploading some of our Enugu sisters, I am tired of imagining. .hahaha. . I love Me some Igbo sisters.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
rinora:

i will receive you with my eyes close and my hands open hehehehehehe imagine am for slow motion hehehehe i will give u a good time i email u lets keep contacts.....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
Some picture in coal city state

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Welcome to coal city state ebe ana everything odu easy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
rhymz: anyway sha, let's just put that aside for another thread and enjoy this thread. To be honest, I am realy impressed by developments in Enugu, I no go lie o, Owerri has nothing on Enugu o except may be the women. .lol. . mr spyder, hope u wont mind uploading some of our Enugu sisters, I am tired of imagining. .hahaha. . I love Me some Igbo sisters.

Enugu girls you wan see? In a moment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
We are heading into the road to Trans Ekulu from the express, this is Penocks junction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (705) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.