Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807176 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:29am On Aug 13, 2014
Pro unitate!!

Science lab and? Help me out

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:32am On Aug 13, 2014
Pro unitate!!

Auditorium

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:34am On Aug 13, 2014
HappyJoe: There is money in Enugu. Only problem is that there's relatively little commercial activity and the corporate sector is non-existent.
[size=15pt]
1.)The challenge is for the state government to hold an Economic development summit inviting local Igbo business men as well as foreign investors. Then the state government will show them special incentive packages such as cheap and easy land in an industrial estate to set up their factory, access road to the estate and a few years of tax holidays if they create small industries especially along the new industrial layout already being developed along Enugu-PH railway line.

2.) Even greater incentives for companies that want to partner with the state government in setting up agro processing factories as more importantly the re-activation of Enugu coal, by creating small steel making factories. These factories will be viable if you consider that all the rods for buildings and bridge construction, spoons, cooking pots, frying pans in Nigeria all imported. These can easily be made in Enugu using Enugu coal.

3.) Partner with Enugu DISCO to attract foreign investors to build a coal fired power plant to supplement and boost the state's electricity supply.

These targets will not be too hard to attain for a disciplined hardworking governor.... and they will transform the way business is conducted in Enugu.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Pro unitate!!

Can't remember, lol

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 12:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Unemadu: Pro unitate!!
Uncompleted building has finally been completed.

You may not know, but that Assembly hall was started in the 1980s - long before I entered school. I was in Peace House. We used to wear blue - and jump fence every Saturday to eat at IMT (we called it "Okoh"wink.

Enugu has changed so much - very little infrastructure was built in Enugu in the 1990s - then boom, last 10 years has been marvelous. I think it's a combination of people fleeing the North (Abuja is no longer totally safe), people investing in real estate (as the stock market crashed) and Sullivan's work on infrastructure.

Other Eastern governors (especially Anambra) have been very dumb not to invest in infrastructure - Abakaliki is an infrastructure boom waiting to happen (just right next to Enugu). For Anambra governors - I reserve my comments.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:42am On Aug 13, 2014
More to come!

Pro unitate fgce!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:45am On Aug 13, 2014
HappyJoe:

You may not know, but that Assembly hall was started in the 1980s - long before I entered school. I was in Peace House. We used to wear blue - and jump fence every Saturday to eat at IMT (we called it "Okoh"wink.

Enugu has changed so much - very little infrastructure was built in Enugu in the 1990s - then boom, last 10 years has been marvelous. I think it's a combination of people fleeing the North (Abuja is no longer totally safe), people investing in real estate (as the stock market crashed) and Sullivan's work on infrastructure.

Other Eastern governors (especially Anambra) have been very dumb not to invest in infrastructure - Abakaliki is an infrastructure boom waiting to happen (just right next to Enugu). For Anambra governors - I reserve my comments.

Yea even i was amazed by the speed of housing springing up everywhere.

Its good our people are currently thinking home rather than invest elsewhere and lose it all.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:31am On Aug 13, 2014
We've reached 200 pages......again! wink

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 13, 2014

Uncompleted building has finally been completed.
Yay!! It's finally completed!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 13, 2014

Can't remember, lol
Those are the SS1 and JSS3 class blocks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 13, 2014
HappyJoe:

you are obviously misinformed. 90% of goods used in enugu is from anambra..eg; drugs, electronics, car parts, raw materials used in industries etc. The economic boom in anambra has recorded the most boom in East, 2nd in nigeria. Eg; just 18 bottle water manufacturing companies in enugu while their are close to 300 bottle water manufacturers in anambra with every village having a company.the boom in anambra amazes me. Enugu is just a capital with little development in villages #fact. While anambra dwarfs enugu in development..be informed, ask before you speak,the only fault in anambra is that their major cities dont have sexy roads but it still have the most tarred roads in the east. Ekekwa'm gi

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kalvan1000: 6:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by manchy7531: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Kalvan1000: https://www.nairaland.com/1855214/pictures-anambra

you are just a desperate sorrowful being.......does this thread look like oshogbo or ibadan...or u miss road??

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ctu7Z-lL8

]hmmmm just notice that most comments on this movie are all foreigners from different countries good movie[/b]cool cool cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2014
This nollywood movie remind me of the calmness and beauty of the city i can attest to it.I been to enugu many times matter of fact is my second home,i love the beautiful hills the vegetation of the place always remind me of Switzerland.spent a lot of time in enugu so i have experience of the city.i don't like to expose my locations hahahahaha cheesy maka na ndi ala onitsha friends will come to my hide out in enugu and disturb me ;

As the Movie continues, a yoruba girl Cleo(Funke Akindele) and Alice(Queen Nwokoye) becomes friends with Shania (Nse Ikpe Etim) a calabar i think. As they team up to devise strategic lies to tell in order to maintain their fake status. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhhZMqf6-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ctu7Z-lL8

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2014
manchy7531:

you are just a desperate sorrowful being.......does this thread look like oshogbo or ibadan...or u miss road??

^^^I think he took a wrong turn at the last junction! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2014
As all these new estates and areas are opening up, i hope they're adhering strictly to town planning statutes?

The areas should first be well surveyed, mapped out and planned, and then well serviced with the necessary infrastructure like roads, underground drainages, underground ducts for electricity and communications, and laying of pipes for domestic water supply! There should be areas in each neighbourhood preserved for parks and open spaces! And well-spaced trees should be planted early so they can improve the ambience and serenity of the areas concerned!

In the past, wealthy individuals have just come in with money and started building their mansions willy-nilly as if they're building in their hometown! Enugu is an up and coming city, and town planning is of the utmost importance if we want to avoid urban-related problems in years to come!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RareDiamond: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Congrats once again to Ndi Enugu and all those who positively followed this thread !!! We have reached 200 pages with our numerous contribution.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
The rails at Ogui junction, Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg, drive carefully. grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
The roundabout,

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
And the statue. ......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
The University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. Works about the new gate is ongoing.

GREAT LIONS AND LIONESSES!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
The completed second gate,
Going towards St. Mary's church, Uwani Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
spyder880: The rails at Ogui junction, Enugu.

Nawa oo, Enugu don become 1st class city for naija oo.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kalvan2000: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
biafrandream:

Pure comedy.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
spyder880: The University of Nigeria, Enugu campus. Works about the new gate is ongoing.

GREAT LIONS AND LIONESSES!

Wow, my alma mater! All the love. Thanks Spydder smiley

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kalvan2000:

Pure comedy.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step smiley. The journey to build the city of our dream has just begun and if you knew from whence we came, you would appreciate the little but significant step we've taken so far smiley

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
biafrandream:

^^^I have to admit.....i'm also impressed! shocked Enugu is looking more and more like obodo oyibo by the month!

Please ignore that known rabid Igbo hater! One wonders what he's doing on this thread anyway!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Last time I complained bitterly about the sorry state of roads around Chris chemist, Holy Ghost area, causing terrible traffic jams and untold hardship to the good citizens of Enugu city.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
If Sullivan himself is not reading this thread, then someone very close to him is...........

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Because this very moment, the Holy ghost road is closed to traffic.
The state government has swung into action.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.