Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807130 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
This afternoon, they have rolled out heavy equipment to repair the road.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
The main entrance to Ogbete main market is from here.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
^^^
It is nice to see this work.

This is how it should be - it is not that roads will never spoil, it is that they be repaired...not in 17yrs' time...but just promptly.

...a sign of a responsible government.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
omicron: ^^^
It is nice to see this work.

This is how it should be - it is not that roads will never spoil, it is that they be repaired...not in 17yrs' time...but just promptly.

...a sign of a responsible government.

You are right, I have always scored Sullivan and his team above average, but he is putting up a very strong finish to his tenure. The final lap has been fantastic and am sure we will all miss him. So many other governors stopped all contracts many months ago, but this administration is powering to the finish line in glorious fashion cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by warripekin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
Enugu is impressive. My governor Emmanuel uduaghan must have copied something from Sullivan. He is finishing strong too.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
warripekin: Enugu is impressive. My governor Emmanuel uduaghan must have copied something from Sullivan. He is finishing strong too.
you are right, but that can still not fetch him any accolades from me.

Just imagine Delta with a governor like Chime....sad.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2014
spyder880: Because this very moment, the Holy ghost road is closed to traffic.
The state government has swung into action.

It means Sullivan is a listening governor! One hopes a functional drainage system is part of this repair.
Sullivan Chime is exactly the type of great leader we pray for at this period in our history.

I am particularly impressed by his hard-work to aesthetically transform the environment of Enugu into a world class city.
I pray he continues with planting flowers and trees along all city roads, including this one near Ogbete. Apart from Abuja, Enugu is the only Nigerian city that has the feel of a well planned city that you can find in North America. Norfolk, Virginia closely resembles Enugu with the rolling green hills around the city. Infact, the city's historic district look like that Ogui road in the picture!

Thank God for Sullivan. I wish he had enough money to do more.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 1:02am On Aug 14, 2014
Enugu is about 250km from either PH or Akwa Ibom. It needs 3 things:

1. A great airport (Southeast governors could even come together to build a taxiway/2nd runway) and 3 or 4 international airlines flying out of it.
2. A deep seaport in either Calabar, Ibaka (Akwa Ibom) or Port Harcourt - and great roads leading to it to it. (That meas fixing the Enugu/PH expressway and the Ikot Enugu/Aba road - this should be doable).
3. Governors that can make this happen - this is the tricky part; most Southeast governors have absolutely no idea about economic integration or are too small minded to make anything happen.

Ndigbo should push for privatization of the aviation sector, it will pay us more (but the greed of our politicians who want to make money from airport contracts won't allow that to happen). A privatized aviation sector would make stuff like a 2nd runway at Enugu airport happen a lot quicker.

Please note: the Onitsha port is a river port (fed from either PH or Warri) it cannot break our dependency on Lagos (even if it were operational).

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 14, 2014
^^
On the Enugu airport, I think it will be more realistic if the FG sells 50% stake of it to the ENSG. That way, no tier of govt will bear all the burden of maintaining/upgrading airport infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by manchy7531: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2014
spyder880: This afternoon, they have rolled out heavy equipment to repair the road.

fresh and neat people. no hungry looking person

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2014
CFCfan: ^^
On the Enugu airport, I think it will be more realistic if the FG sells 50% stake of it to the ENSG. That way, no tier of govt will bear all the burden of maintaining/upgrading airport infrastructure.

My brother I have always thought the same way, but the issue of the airport being controlled by the federal govt. is purely for the purpose of economic strangulation of the south east. Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium was initially managed by the federal government but was later handed over to ENSG because it has little or no economic value. Why not the airport, because it will offend Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba slave masters. It will impact adversely on the revenue of the Lagos state govt.
Imagine what the airport would look like if Sulivan were to be in control of it's management, I bet, Mohammed intl airport Lagos would have been a joke compare to Enugu by now. Do you know that Enugu shoprite is the largest in Nigeria? This was confirmed by the Swedish Ambassador to Nigeria when he visited Enugu.
Sokoto Caliphate has mandated Badluck Jonathan to make sure that no meaningful infrastructure is built in the south east or there will be an outright war. This is why a miniature project of a paltry sum of 13 billion is taking so long to complete. Even the 2015 deadline is to get Igbo votes as usual and unfortunately, the gullible Igbos who have accepted slavery as their destiny in Nigeria have fallen for the antics.
How long did it take Sullivan to build nike to Opi Nsukka road, the Shoprite shopping mall, the State secretariat, Zik Ave bridge and so on. These are mega projects that cost tens of billions of naira. Does it not bother us that the federal government with an annual budget of trillions of naira has not construct a single road in the south east. I mean a single road. Sullivan with a paltry budget of 3 billion naira has built hundreds of kilometers of roads in the state.
We Igbos must accept the fact that we have no place in Nigeria. We voted GEJ enmasse, the consequence is that we have suffered the second worst genocide after the civil as a result, yet GEJ cannot build common Enugu-Onitsha road for 6 years running.
If I have my way, I will gather all the Igbo efulefus who support GEJ and those who want to remain part of Nigeria, tie them to a tree shoot all of them.
You guys should wake up and accept that the so called Enugu Intl Airport is a huge joke, used by the imbecilic Ijaw man called Jonathan to curry Igbo votes.
Have you people realized that since Ethiopian airline started making a stop over at Kano that APC and some of their Igbo slaves no longer make an issue of it. Their goal have been achieved.
Biafara is our right and our hope!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2014
biafrandream:
My brother I have always thought the same way, but the issue of the airport being controlled by the federal govt. is purely for the purpose of economic strangulation of the south east. Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium was initially managed by the federal government but was later handed over to ENSG because it has little or no economic value. Why not the airport, because it will offend Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba slave masters. It will impact adversely on the revenue of the Lagos state govt.
Imagine what the airport would look like if Sulivan were to be in control of it's management, I bet, Mohammed intl airport Lagos would have been a joke compare to Enugu by now. Do you know that Enugu shoprite is the largest in Nigeria? This was confirmed by the Swedish Ambassador to Nigeria when he visited Enugu.
Sokoto Caliphate has mandated Badluck Jonathan to make sure that no meaningful infrastructure is built in the south east or there will be an outright war. This is why a miniature project of a paltry sum of 13 billion is taking so long to complete. Even the 2015 deadline is to get Igbo votes as usual and unfortunately, the gullible Igbos who have accepted slavery as their destiny in Nigeria have fallen for the antics.
How long did it take Sullivan to build nike to Opi Nsukka road, the Shoprite shopping mall, the State secretariat, Zik Ave bridge and so on. These are mega projects that cost tens of billions of naira. Does it not bother us that the federal government with an annual budget of trillions of naira has not construct a single road in the south east. I mean a single road. Sullivan with a paltry budget of 3 billion naira has built hundreds of kilometers of roads in the state.
We Igbos must accept the fact that we have no place in Nigeria. We voted GEJ enmasse, the consequence is that we have suffered the second worst genocide after the civil as a result, yet GEJ cannot build common Enugu-Onitsha road for 6 years running.
If I have my way, I will gather all the Igbo efulefus who support GEJ and those who want to remain part of Nigeria, tie them to a tree shoot all of them.
You guys should wake up and accept that the so called Enugu Intl Airport is a huge joke, used by the imbecilic Ijaw man called Jonathan to curry Igbo votes.
Have you people realized that since Ethiopian airline started making a stop over at Kano that APC and some of their Igbo slaves no longer make an issue of it. Their goal have been achieved.

To be fair to Jonathan, Enugu was the first airport to be remodeled and the first new terminal to be built.

This is what the terminal looked like a year ago:

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okangaijele: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2014
EBOLA VICTIMS IN ENUGU? God save your people. Please how true is this? Can someone verify FGN's claims. Plsssss
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2014
okangaijele: EBOLA VICTIMS IN ENUGU? God save your people. Please how true is this? Can someone verify FGN's claims. Plsssss
They're people who came in contact with the ebola infected nurse who traveled to Enugu. It's unlikely that they'll be infected because the nurse was not reported since while in Enugu. It can only be passed if the carrier is sick.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
biafrandream:

This is what the new terminal looked like a few weeks ago.

I agree that Jonathan hasn't done much for roads in the Southeast, in fact my only regret is that Sullivan didn't make the Nsukka Opi road a double lane road.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2014
biafrandream:

We wouldnt have had any international flights at all if not for Jonathan admin. Now there is every likelihood that the Niger bridge will be built. Give the guy a break cos he too is fighting Northern forces.

Our focus should be regional integration. We should foster a better partnership with other eastern states and create a powerful economic block.
Why must we always wait for FG or Biafra?

Is there any reason why the eastern region cannot be connected by rail?

Is there any reason why we cant join hands with akwa ibom for instance to develop the sea port or at least have an agreement in terms of transport infrastructure from there to SE states?

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2014
HappyJoe:

To be fair to Jonathan, Enugu was the first airport to be remodeled and the first new terminal to be built.

This is what the terminal looked like a year ago:

My Brother, how much is the budget for the airport that is taking years to complete? How long did it take Sullivan to complete all the multi-billion naira projects he embarked upon? Please give me an example of a single project Jonathan started and finished in south east. There is non. You see, if we can tell ourselves the truth, all of us will be better of. What we want is result not politics and endless politics. Do you know what has kept this thread going strong for years? It is results which we all witness on daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boyedex: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2014
HappyJoe: Enugu is about 250km from either PH or Akwa Ibom. It needs 3 things:

1. A great airport (Southeast governors could even come together to build a taxiway/2nd runway) and 3 or 4 international airlines flying out of it.
2. A deep seaport in either Calabar, Ibaka (Akwa Ibom) or Port Harcourt - and great roads leading to it to it. (That meas fixing the Enugu/PH expressway and the Ikot Enugu/Aba road - this should be doable).
3. Governors that can make this happen - this is the tricky part; most Southeast governors have absolutely no idea about economic integration or are too small minded to make anything happen.

Ndigbo should push for privatization of the aviation sector, it will pay us more (but the greed of our politicians who want to make money from airport contracts won't allow that to happen). A privatized aviation sector would make stuff like a 2nd runway at Enugu airport happen a lot quicker.

Please note: the Onitsha port is a river port (fed from either PH or Warri) it cannot break our dependency on Lagos (even if it were operational).
this is very not correct. With the appropriate legislation from the center, the Onitsha port can be transformed into what is called a "port of destination" which wouldn't have to be fed from any other port. Normal port activities would be carried out with international cargo heading for it directly.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Unemadu:

We wouldnt have had any international flights at all if not for Jonathan admin. Now there is every likelihood that the Niger bridge will be built. Give the guy a break cos he too is fighting Northern forces.

Our focus should be regional integration. We should foster a better partnership with other eastern states and create a powerful economic block.
[b]Why must we always wait for FG [/b]or Biafra?

Is there any reason why we cant join hands with akwa ibom for instance to develop the sea port or at least have an agreement in terms of transport infrastructure from there to SE states?

^^^Since the civil war period to date, they've set it up in such a way that no region/state can progress exponentially without the say-so or blessing of the centre! That's why we have to wait for the FG!

As Igbos, if they had not stolen part of our resource rich lands in 1967 and placed in Rivers state under the control of the Ijaw (the Ijaw controlling Rivers is no more the case now though), and if all regions/states were given resource control or at least 50% derivation like we had in the past, then you would be right to demand that Ndigbo get up and do something for themselves! The system presently is skewed in such a way as to give control and power to the centre......and the status-quo mainly benefits the core north/Hausa-Fulani; this is why you see the games they're playing at the national confab to kill regionalism, resource control, increased derivation, number of LGAs per state not being constitutionally protected, etc-etc-etc!

The scales have fallen from my eyes, and i'm no more carrying 'one Nigeria' for head like i used to! The only way i'd be happy for us to remain in Nigeria is if the polity is restructured in such a way that these main groups (Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and Ijaw) can never be in a position to determine, affect, or intentionally ruin the economic fortunes and destiny of the other; this has been the case in the past!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2014
Unemadu:

I completely concur with you.

Jonathan may have taken Igbo support for granted, but he is far better than the Islamic terrorists alternative patiently waiting for the opportunity to devour Ndigbo.

The difference between the murderous Islamists and GEJ is that they have a hate driven agenda against Ndigbo in particular and southern Nigeria in general, while GEJ may have made innocent human lapses in not completing projects. Remember that when $500 million dollars loan for building new international airports terminal was started, the House of Reps. under Tambuwal physically erased Enugu from the airports to get the new terminal buildings! It took the dogged fight of Stella Oduah to include Enugu terminal in her ministry's budget. So GEJ in spite of having good intentions must navigate through the obstacles thrown in his way by these wicked and hateful people we call our fellow countrymen.

I believe we should not only give GEJ 100% of our votes in the SE, we must also use our sizable population outside the SE to support him everywhere else.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
biafrandream:

My Brother, how much is the budget for the airport that is taking years to complete? How long did it take Sullivan to complete all the multi-billion naira projects he embarked upon? Please give me an example of a single project Jonathan started and finished in south east. There is non. You see, if we can tell ourselves the truth, all of us will be better of. What we want is result not politics and endless politics. Do you know what has kept this thread going strong for years? It is results which we all witness on daily basis.

^^^I'm with you on this one! There's no special one-off big-ticket project in the entire South East! What you see are what is general stuff that every region/state gets! The Onitsha river port is one project that could have lifted the fortunes of the South East, but it's nothing short of a joke! The second Niger bridge that some of us make noise about -if built- is another scam insofar as they intend to place toll gates on it! From the end of the civil war to date when other regions have been getting massive billion dollar projects (like dams, int'l airports, refineries, flyovers, bridges, national theatres, national stadiums, defence industries, nation-building institutions, etc-etc-etc), did anyone tell them to pay toll for all these? But when it comes to Ndigbo, they'll either build a piffling canoe port or a tolled long overdue bridge and then tell us to be grateful for this! Even the terminals they're building.....the one for Enugu is way cheaper than the ones being built in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano!

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
cjrane:

I completely concur with you.

Jonathan may have taken Igbo support for granted, but he is far better than the Islamic terrorists alternative patiently waiting for the opportunity to devour Ndigbo.

The difference between the murderous Islamists and GEJ is that they have a hate driven agenda against Ndigbo in particular and southern Nigeria in general, while GEJ may have made innocent human lapses in not completing projects. Remember that when $500 million dollars loan for building new international airports terminal was started, the House of Reps. under Tambuwal physically erased Enugu from the airports to get the new terminal buildings! It took the dogged fight of Stella Oduah to include Enugu terminal in her ministry's budget. So GEJ in spite of having good intentions must navigate through the obstacles thrown in his way by these wicked and hateful people we call our fellow countrymen.

I believe we should not only give GEJ 100% of our votes in the SE, we must also use our sizable population outside the SE to support him everywhere else.

^^^The bolded is what Ndigbo should read and be worried! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WISH US WELL, and for as long as we're in the same country with them -under the current dispensation- they will NEVER allow us to reach our full potential!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Please, the airport terminal at Enugu is the same size as that being built in PH and Kano. Abuja and Lagos have bigger terminal buildings.

For all her faults, thank God for Stella - she not only ensured international flights out of Enugu, she made sure Enugu was the first terminal to be built.

Another info - Jonathan's Ijaw people aren't happy that he's this close to Ndigbo, so after 2015 we might see another side of them.

All said, Ndigbo have no friends in Nigeria, it is just a matter of who hates us the least - clearly Jonathan hates us less than Northerners, that isn't too bad.

We need devolution of powers from the Abuja and resource control.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=biafrandream][/quote][quote author=Unemadu]

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

That is the point I am making, we cherish lies and deceit, yet we want development. He is fighting northern forces but it did not deter him developing his own region. It did not deter him developing northern and western regions, only eastern region's development is stalled because of boko haram.

Don't forget that the stupid GEJ got more votes from south east than some other regions combined, including his own south south, yet Igbos till date got absolutely nothing except constant massacre.

Why did GEJ revive railways in other regions except south east, it is because we are not worthy of it or that we are slaves in Nigeria. It is disgusting that some Igbo folks have accepted the 2nd fiddle position foisted on them by the Nigerian state.

The federal govt built federal universities, refineries, railways, massive roads etc in all regions except south east. What could be responsible for that, but for deliberate post-war policy to keep Igbos economically down till eternity.

Please note that, 3 out of 5 south east states are officially oil producing states. Oil accounts for 90% of federal govt revenue. Invariably, south east contributes about at least 20% revenue to the federal purse with which it develops other regions, yet the clueless president cannot spare at least 1% of the money to build a single infrastructure in south east, not even roads which Sullivan has graciously made a given. the money is used to develop regions that contribute 0 naira to the federal govt, which is why they want one Nigeria.

Well, i wish..........I had my way.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rafindo(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
biafrandream:

.mr man stop campaignin 4 thiefs.people like u are d reason we are nt develope,refusing to accept the thin line bw economic integration nd political gerrymandering.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rafindo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^The bolded is what Ndigbo should read and be worried! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WISH US WELL, and for as long as we're in the same country with them -under the current dispensation- they will NEVER allow us to reach our full potential!
.everybody wishes u well when u wish ur self
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Too bad Jonathan could forget the hands that feeds him,frm day one I'm too skeptical about this man with his slow movement in answering and tackling our common problems within a space of time but the euphoria of Jonathan answering igbo name had a hit in our physic.
We still had no choice than to vote him again come 2015 because my own vote won't go to Islamic jihadist.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
achi4u: Too bad Jonathan could forget the hands that feeds him,frm day one I'm too skeptical about this man with his slow movement in answering and tackling our common problems within a space of time but the euphoria of Jonathan answering igbo name had a hit in our physic.
We still had no choice than to vote him again come 2015 because my own vote won't go to Islamic jihadist.
..............................................................................................

Brother you are right, I too cannot give my vote to an Hausa/Fulani jihadist, no matter what happens. GEJ himself is an efulefu and a no no for me. My option is to keep my vote and wait for Biafra because giving my vote to my oppressor to keep on oppressing me is stupidity.

I am sorry friends that I sounded so harsh, I was just pissed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sullivan has turned Enugu into one huge construction site. Tractors still here at Emene airport bypass this evening......... I wish I will have time to post all the pictures I have. No time.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Whichever side you look, the city of Enugu is expanding into the bushes. That is the top of Goshen estates in the distance, I was there earlier today and took some pictures, but man must sleep, got early calls tomorrow. I was also in Loma Linda estates, housing built by Chimaroke Nnamani for the middle class in Enugu. More pictures tomorrow.

G'night all.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 12:25am On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880: Sullivan has turned Enugu into one huge construction site. Tractors still here at Emene airport bypass this evening......... I wish I will have time to post all the pictures I have. No time.
That median looks promising.

I hope it will be well finished.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:29am On Aug 15, 2014
eaglechild:
That median looks promising.

I hope it will be well finished.

..... of course with lots of ornamental pine trees and colorful flowers!!! smiley smiley smiley
muaaah ! Enugu buzikwa obodo oyibo!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.