Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782863 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: which defence? Am I supposed to talk to a guy who has not been able to pass his JAMB? Its on record here that he is a JAMBITE. So how is he supposed to know which school that is more equipped or not.

heheheheh........u mumu pass boko haram sef! Nwoke si na thread a puo now now.....egbukwara oge o.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nnewi1stSon: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2014
sadsad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: It is okay, we don here. No more comparison and further derailing of this thread..abeg!

Ok sir, i'm sorry about that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Unemadu:

Yea even i was amazed by the speed of housing springing up everywhere.

Its good our people are currently thinking home rather than invest elsewhere and lose it all.

Am addicted to this Enugu thread really and i must confess its is my all time favourite thread. Also this thread getting past over 200pages now to 240 is to tell you that nairaland without Ndigbo will be a boring forum and also Igbos on nairaland are more organized,more engaging and are really an interesting people.

Once again God bless spyder880 for his good works on this thread and also please you guys should ignore those Obi asslickers,people like them give Anambra bad names. Whatever is good for Enugu is good for igboland same as what ever is good for Anambra is good for igboland and same goes to Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Anioma and Rivers. I subscribe to comparison but in a progressive manner. I am from imo, i once stayed in Enugu for 2yrs(08-2010) that was when chime started the infrastructural revolution been witness now in Enugu and am glad he hasn't stop and for me He is the best governor in the south east. peter obi tried but so long as Nwewi, Onitsha and awka are still looking less than average, the hasnt done any thing.I dont buy all those his rural road with poor quality crap.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Odenigbo nwanne mu biko. Lets leave this thread for them..abeg! Stop commenting..abeg!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Be careful you are in a 'war college', always watch your back because you could be cut down any moment..mr jambite..lol

Abeg no further derailing of this thread. Goodluck in your admission finally.. wink cheesy

ok...Thank you sir but please tell obiano to atleast put up a school gate for ansu igbariam students even if nah wood gate abeg and tell him that the faculty of law building look like a high school hostel and its moot court like a parking store.......abeg i no get time to cast you and ur ansu so dey go...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2014
Enugu that I visited got me dumbfounded as I saw exactly opposite to what spyder has been feeding us with. I was there myself. Even the urban roads he did are all substandard already giving way, everywhere are dusty and reddish! As much as I wish Enugu state well let spyder continue with his work..

xharder:

Am addicted to this Enugu thread really and i must confess its is my all time favourite thread. Also this thread getting past over 200pages now to 240 is to tell you that nairaland without Ndigbo will be a boring forum and also Igbos on nairaland are more organized,more engaging and are really an interesting people.

Once again God bless spyder880 for his good works on this thread and also please you guys should ignore those Obi asslickers,people like them give Anambra bad names. Whatever is good for Enugu is good for igboland same as what ever is good for Anambra is good for igboland and same goes to Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Anioma and Rivers. I subscribe to comparison but in a progressive manner. I am from imo, i once stayed in Enugu for 2yrs(08-2010) that was when chime started the infrastructural revolution been witness now in Enugu and am glad he hasn't stop and for me He is the best governor in the south east. peter obi tried but so long as Nwewi, Onitsha and awka are still looking less than average, the hasnt done any thing.I dont buy all those his rural road with poor quality crap.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2014
its high time Nollywood moved its headquarters to Enugu and build a world class amphitheater which will host international award night and further promote the growing fashion industry in the south east

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: mr. Dumb ass,i av got admitted to study law in ESUT! U are just too dumb! Esut=king
Ansu= a maidservant at the palace!

Congrats!!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2014
Lemme educate you jambite..lol

ANSU is a multi-campus university with campuses in Uli, Igbariam and Awka. Igbariam being the main campus where brand new structures are being built with a brand new gatehouse.

Kasynpaulsyn1997: ok...Thank you sir but please tell obiano to atleast put up a school gate for ansu igbariam students even if nah wood gate abeg and tell him that the faculty of law building look like a high school hostel and its moot court like a parking store.......abeg i no get time to cast you and ur ansu so dey go...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2014
xharder: its high time Nollywood moved its headquarters to Enugu and build a world class amphitheater which will host international award night and further promote the growing fashion industry in the south east

Exactly my thoughts Enugu is a natural magnet for the film industry but the govt cares less about leveraging on that.

Maybe thats the reason its shifting towards Asaba

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Lemme educate you jambite..lol

ANSU is a multi-campus university with campuses in Uli, Igbariam and Awka. Igbariam being the main campus where brand new structures are being built with a brand new gatehouse.

chai! When i visited d school-igbariam (febuary) it was in shambles and my friend that got admitted last year now regrets being admitted in the God forsaken school! Because of the poor infastructure and now that the God forsaken secondary school has been renamed to chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu university the discrimination its graduates will face in nigeria will be unbearable not only in nigeria,even abroad! Chai,i pity the students/graduates of the school.......they are just finished...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2014
Unemadu:

Congrats!!
thanks bro!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Enugu that I visited got me dumbfounded as I saw exactly opposite to what spyder has been feeding us with. I was there myself. Even the urban roads he did are all substandard already giving way, everywhere are dusty and reddish! As much as I wish Enugu state well let spyder continue with his work..

Ok we have heard.let Enugu dwellers do the complains.BTW are peter obi roads worldclass? why not put pressure on Obiano to develop Onitsha to a world class city bearing in mind its potentials?

Mr man am from Imo, but i will not go on condemning a performing Chime when my own under performing Governor Cockrochas is there dancing in the market square

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2014
@sis banega,why u remove ur profile pix nah?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2014
xharder:

Ok we have heard.let Enugu dwellers do the complains.BTW are peter obi roads worldclass? why not put pressure on Obiano to develop Onitsha to a world class city bearing in mind its potentials?

Mr man am from Imo, but i will not go on condemning a performing Chime when my own under performing Governor Cockrochas is there dancing in the market square
no mind the typical anambra man.....always boastful with nothing to show and condemning other people's achievements..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2014
You mean the same you who is still a jambite? grin grin

Now see below achievements of COOU a new university for that matter now compare it to that 'war college' called ESUT.. grin grin grin

A team of young engineers from Nigeria’s Anambra State University won first prize at the inaugural Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Population Challenge at the House of Commons on Wednesday 23 November, for proposals to deal with Nigeria’s growing food crisis.

Turning vegetable oil into fuel, making sea water drinkable and starting a rail revolution in the US were also among the proposals submitted by engineering groups from across the world to help society cope with an estimated population of 9.5 billion people by 2100.

The winning report, from Anambra State University’s Nuta Bolts engineering group, highlighted the fact that 65% of Nigeria’s food is currently being wasted in a country that is set to more than double its population over the next century. Better storage facilities, measures to stop small-scale corruption and a revamped transport system were all among the proposals. The ideas in the report will be presented to the Rio+20 Earth Summit next June.

The final was held in the Grand Committee Room in the House of Commons, and, six MPs including Bob Smith MP, Andrew Mitchell MP, the Secretary of State for International Development and Roger Williams MP, came to hear the presentations, while Chris White MP and Mark Spencer MP joined the winning team members for dinner at One Birdcage Walk.

Onyenanu Ifeanyicitukusu, Team Leader of the Nuta Bolts, said:

“Food security is the most important issue facing Nigeria, with so much food being needlessly wasted. Yet the technology and the means to stop this waste already exist.

“We are very happy to have won this challenge, having spent sleepless nights over the past six months writing this report. We will now go back to Nigeria to present it to the Government.”

Dr Tim Fox, Head of Energy and Environment at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, said: “Coping with the world’s population boom over the rest of this century will be the biggest challenge facing society, touching every area of our lives from energy and water supply to transport and the food we eat.Green Engineering (Trinidad & Tobago)

“We will all rely on the next generation of engineers to come up with the solutions needed to meet the coming population crisis, which is why it is so encouraging to see such solid ideas and original thinking from the young engineers that took part in this challenge.”

Chief Executive, Stephen Tetlow, said: “All the competitors brought a huge amount of intellectual rigour to their reports and delivered great presentations. I advise all the finalists not to stop working on this topic, because it is the most important challenge for humanity. As engineers, we must organize ourselves to deliver the technical solutions required, and work with politicians who have the wherewithal to unlock the problem.”

The five Population Challenge finalists were:

Nuta Bolts (Nigeria) – Food Production in Nigeria
As much as 65% of food crops and fruit produced in Nigeria is wasted due to poor storage facilities. The construction of silos, cold rooms and ovens, as well as improving transport networks would reduce this needless wastage.
Arup (China) – Balance Between Water Supply & Demand in Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s population is still reliant on rainwater piped in from Guangdong Province, which is fast becoming the world’s industrial powerhouse. Yet as the population of the Province booms, Hong Kong may need to look to reverse osmosis to make seawater drinkable and waste water recycling to keep its growing population watered.
Green Engineering (Trinidad & Tobago) – Renewable Energy
With Trinidad & Tobago’s oil and gas reserves set to run out within the next ten years, biodiesel created from waste vegetable oil could be one alternative fuel that keeps the island group powered.
Engineering Nigeria (Nigeria) – Energy Solution for Nigeria
Lack of access to power is one of the biggest obstacles in the way of Nigeria’s development into a fully industrialised, prosperous nation, yet over half of the natural gas produced by the country’s booming oil industry is ‘flared’, or burnt away. In a country whose population is set to more than double by 2100, capturing this valuable resource is just one of many ways to make sure the nation gets the power it needs to move forward.
Atkins (USA) – Transport Integration in the USA
The USA’s current transport model of high car use and domestic air travel is unsustainable, due to both environmental concerns and rising fuel prices. Atkins proposed that Maglev and High Speed Rail schemes needs to be urgently implemented for long-distance journeys, while cycle schemes and improved bus services need to be put in place for short distances.

http://www.imeche.org/news/institution/all/11-11-24/Nigerian_engineers_win_global_Population_Challenge.aspx

[s]
Kasynpaulsyn1997: chai! When i visited d school-igbariam (febuary) it was in shambles and my friend that got admitted last year now regrets being admitted in the God forsaken school! Because of the poor infastructure and now that the God forsaken secondary school has been renamed to chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu university the discrimination its graduates will face in nigeria will be unbearable not only in nigeria,even abroad! Chai,i pity the students/graduates of the school.......they are just finished...
[/s]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Whatever he's doing can never compare -not in a million years- to the ugly stunt pulled by Obi and that fat fuc/k Umeh when they flung poor Soludo under the bus just to 'assist' GEJ, and also keep Obis' financial skeletons firmly locked up in the cupboard!

All their actions are condemnable.
That of peter obi is more mature .Killing your state enterprises one after the other just because of power hunger suggests lack of vision.
When it comes to where he shd act, u ppl make excuses for him saying he is sick.
When its time to act as a sick person, he does the very abominable things.
And of course he will keep doing it as long as u support him.
DreamFm is one reason young ppl still listen to radio in Enugu esp by 2pm daily.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo17: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Enugu that I visited got me dumbfounded as I saw exactly opposite to what spyder has been feeding us with. I was there myself. Even the urban roads he did are all substandard already giving way, everywhere are dusty and reddish! As much as I wish Enugu state well let spyder continue with his work..

This is a lie. What is remaining is for you to claim Spyder's pictures are photoshopped.
Enugu at least the city part is nothing like what you wrote above, I also visit the place regularly the pictures Spyder posts only covers like 80%. The capital city of Enugu is even better than what this thread makes us believe.
If you are talking about the rural areas, I don't know about that, I only know Nsukka.
Enugu is developing very fast, that is the reality.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 13, 2014
christejames: whose effort are we attributing to Sullivan? ...to be sincere that man has done something unprecedented in Enugu state, (even though we haven't gotten where we are suppose to be).

I can't keep repeating myself
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: You mean the same you who is still a jambite? grin grin

Now see below achievements of COOU a new university for that matter now compare it to that 'war college' called ESUT.. grin grin grin

A team of young engineers from Nigeria’s Anambra State University won first prize at the inaugural Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Population Challenge at the House of Commons on Wednesday 23 November, for proposals to deal with Nigeria’s growing food crisis.

Turning vegetable oil into fuel, making sea water drinkable and starting a rail revolution in the US were also among the proposals submitted by engineering groups from across the world to help society cope with an estimated population of 9.5 billion people by 2100.

The winning report, from Anambra State University’s Nuta Bolts engineering group, highlighted the fact that 65% of Nigeria’s food is currently being wasted in a country that is set to more than double its population over the next century. Better storage facilities, measures to stop small-scale corruption and a revamped transport system were all among the proposals. The ideas in the report will be presented to the Rio+20 Earth Summit next June.

The final was held in the Grand Committee Room in the House of Commons, and, six MPs including Bob Smith MP, Andrew Mitchell MP, the Secretary of State for International Development and Roger Williams MP, came to hear the presentations, while Chris White MP and Mark Spencer MP joined the winning team members for dinner at One Birdcage Walk.

Onyenanu Ifeanyicitukusu, Team Leader of the Nuta Bolts, said:

“Food security is the most important issue facing Nigeria, with so much food being needlessly wasted. Yet the technology and the means to stop this waste already exist.

“We are very happy to have won this challenge, having spent sleepless nights over the past six months writing this report. We will now go back to Nigeria to present it to the Government.”

Dr Tim Fox, Head of Energy and Environment at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, said: “Coping with the world’s population boom over the rest of this century will be the biggest challenge facing society, touching every area of our lives from energy and water supply to transport and the food we eat.Green Engineering (Trinidad & Tobago)

“We will all rely on the next generation of engineers to come up with the solutions needed to meet the coming population crisis, which is why it is so encouraging to see such solid ideas and original thinking from the young engineers that took part in this challenge.”

Chief Executive, Stephen Tetlow, said: “All the competitors brought a huge amount of intellectual rigour to their reports and delivered great presentations. I advise all the finalists not to stop working on this topic, because it is the most important challenge for humanity. As engineers, we must organize ourselves to deliver the technical solutions required, and work with politicians who have the wherewithal to unlock the problem.”

The five Population Challenge finalists were:

Nuta Bolts (Nigeria) – Food Production in Nigeria
As much as 65% of food crops and fruit produced in Nigeria is wasted due to poor storage facilities. The construction of silos, cold rooms and ovens, as well as improving transport networks would reduce this needless wastage.
Arup (China) – Balance Between Water Supply & Demand in Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s population is still reliant on rainwater piped in from Guangdong Province, which is fast becoming the world’s industrial powerhouse. Yet as the population of the Province booms, Hong Kong may need to look to reverse osmosis to make seawater drinkable and waste water recycling to keep its growing population watered.
Green Engineering (Trinidad & Tobago) – Renewable Energy
With Trinidad & Tobago’s oil and gas reserves set to run out within the next ten years, biodiesel created from waste vegetable oil could be one alternative fuel that keeps the island group powered.
Engineering Nigeria (Nigeria) – Energy Solution for Nigeria
Lack of access to power is one of the biggest obstacles in the way of Nigeria’s development into a fully industrialised, prosperous nation, yet over half of the natural gas produced by the country’s booming oil industry is ‘flared’, or burnt away. In a country whose population is set to more than double by 2100, capturing this valuable resource is just one of many ways to make sure the nation gets the power it needs to move forward.
Atkins (USA) – Transport Integration in the USA
The USA’s current transport model of high car use and domestic air travel is unsustainable, due to both environmental concerns and rising fuel prices. Atkins proposed that Maglev and High Speed Rail schemes needs to be urgently implemented for long-distance journeys, while cycle schemes and improved bus services need to be put in place for short distances.

http://www.imeche.org/news/institution/all/11-11-24/Nigerian_engineers_win_global_Population_Challenge.aspx

Esut still ranks higher than Ansu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: What I am saying is that you do not know what you are talking about. ANSUTH is a brand new teaching hospital with a new accreditation and has overtaken other state teaching hospitals around.. The teaching hospital since establishment has been churning out excellent materials in human resources. So I don't know where you are getting your own info.

Accreditation is a regular exercise to ensure good standard so there is nothing new about theirs. Kindly post the year they produced their first set of doctors. As regards my info, I got them from a friend in their pioneer class. She just entered her clinical class if you understand what that means.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2014
Of course it is developing and I do not want to derail this thread any longer with my own pictures that I took myself 2 weeks ago. Dalu..

Collynzo17:
This is a lie. What is remaining is for you to claim Spyder's pictures are photoshopped.
Enugu at least the city part is nothing like what you wrote above, I also visit the place regularly the pictures Spyder posts only covers like 80%. The capital city of Enugu is even better than what this thread makes us believe.
If you are talking about the rural areas, I don't know about that, I only know Nsukka.
Enugu is developing very fast, that is the reality.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

I want to see their academic performance to prove their paper-based performance.. cheesy wink

You mean ranking without substance..? grin grin

Were they ranked higher based on cultism or what exactly? grin grin

Unemadu:

Esut still ranks higher than Ansu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo17: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Of course it is developing and I do not want to derail this thread any longer with my own pictures that I took myself 2 weeks ago. Dalu..

Post them and names the part of Enugu where you took them, at least people confirm it.
Then prove that the ones Spyder has been posting are fake before saying he is deceiving people.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jude2011: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2014
I gave up on chino when he said that UNIZIK is better than UNN. How daft can someone be when he allows sentiments to becloud his sense of judgement. Zikite bow to the LIONS . Chino please change.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2014
nwanne rapu okwu a. I do not want to derail this thread with unnecessary pictures. At least you know I am a photo-journalist.. cheesy

Collynzo17:
Post them and names the part of Enugu where you took them, at least people confirm it.
Then prove that the ones Spyder has been posting are fake before saying he is deceiving people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Evergreen123:

I can't keep repeating myself
hmmm ...guess the person is enigmatic.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChinoElects: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Are we arguing this again? Or is UNIZIK not better than UNN academically and otherwise. UNN is just one uni that is still managing to survive because of past dead glories. Lions kwa, goats kwa.. cheesy cheesy

jude2011: I gave up on chino when he said that UNIZIK is better than UNN. How daft can someone be when he allows sentiments to becloud his sense of judgement. Zikite bow to the LIONS . Chino please change.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2014
Unemadu:

Whaaaatttt!!!!! shocked
Une mu, dats d situation over there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Are we arguing this again? Or is UNIZIK not better than UNN academically and otherwise. UNN is just one uni that is still managing to survive because of past dead glories. Lions kwa, goats kwa.. cheesy cheesy

A former VC of NAU had a surgery in UNTH a year or two ago which left everyone wondering what happened to NAUTH.
Personnel or equipment?
A lion is naturally ahead of you.
#Proudlyalion

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: @sis banega,why u remove ur profile pix nah?
Lool, that son of a gun chinoelects threatened his mother on this forum,. And nobody seems to care!! Well, I have reported the fool to my parents.. Thank God, I got his pictures and email addresses,. Please note everyone on this thread, if anything happens to me,. Y'all now know who to hold responsible!! Thank you!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.