Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807056 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2015
biafrandream:

Well Med-View Airline just commenced Enugu-Accra route grin
@Biafradream,
Are you sure that medview have commenced Enugu-Accra route cause I cant find the route on their website?

When did they commenced?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Activity77(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
OreMI22:

I am really praying that as the airport continues to grow and the state government will resist the urge to allow further encroachment on the land around the airport. The entire area reserved for airport expansion should be guarded jealously from land developers who would want to build tall hotels and residential homes in the area. Then when the airport grow and gets busy,and thus requires a second runway, there would be no space left for expansion.

Right now, the airport still has land for expansion close to Ekulu river for a second runway when the need arises. I hope they keep it that way.

Unemadu ur on point and I bliv the current govt wuld curtail that seeing how fast the airport is growing.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
ARROBA:

@Biafradream,
Are you sure that medview have commenced Enugu-Accra route cause I cant find the route on their website?

When did they commenced?

Well one of their staff by name Mgbike VC Mgbike said so, but I think they first stop at Lagos before going to Accra. He said that a trip costs N18000. According to him, Med-View has commenced a daily flight from Enugu-Accra.

However I will get more clarification from him, so I don't misinform people.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
The Government field at Nsukka, Enugu State has been renamed Sullivan Iheanacho Chime square by the Nsukka Local Government Council.

The Chairman of Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, Hon. Charles Ugwu, who made the announcement during the Peoples Democratic Party’s campaign rally in the area said the gesture was in appreciation of the Governor’s exceptional achievements in office and his government’s support to the Enugu North Senatorial zone,

Ugwu said apart from ensuring that the governorship position was zoned to Nsukka, Governor Chime equally endeared himself to the people of the area through his developmental strides and support for the creation of Adada State.

Reacting to the honour, Governor Chime described it as “a pleasant surprise”.

While thanking the people of Nsukka for their support to his administration and for the PDP, he urged them to replicate same for the incoming administration.

Presenting the PDP guber candidate in Enugu State Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Chime described him as a fit and proper person to succeed him adding that he had full confidence in him (Ugwuanyi) as he would all that is necessary to provide the best for Enugu people.

He urged the people to ensure that the collected their permanent voters’ cards to enable them vote for PDP candidates during the forthcoming elections.

In a speech at the rally, the PDP guber candidate Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi said the renaming of the Stadium after Governor Chime was just one of the many things lined up by the people of the area in order to thank Chime for his kind gestures.

He said the people of Enugu North Senatorial Zone will remain ever grateful to the Governor Chime adding that a different scenario would have played out, if the Governor had not insisted that power should shift to the zone after the two other zones in the state had held the position for eight years each.

Ugwuanyi said, “In and out of office, Sullivan Chime will remain my leader, he has shown love to our people by ensuring we got our fair share of political positions in Enugu State. He has also extended developmental projects to our people and we must make out time to celebrate him”

Source: The Citizens online.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
biafrandream:
The Government field at Nsukka, Enugu State has been renamed Sullivan Iheanacho Chime square by the Nsukka Local Government Council.

The Chairman of Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, Hon. Charles Ugwu, who made the announcement during the Peoples Democratic Party’s campaign rally in the area said the gesture was in appreciation of the Governor’s exceptional achievements in office and his government’s support to the Enugu North Senatorial zone,

Ugwu said apart from ensuring that the governorship position was zoned to Nsukka, Governor Chime equally endeared himself to the people of the area through his developmental strides and support for the creation of Adada State.

Reacting to the honour, Governor Chime described it as “a pleasant surprise”.

While thanking the people of Nsukka for their support to his administration and for the PDP, he urged them to replicate same for the incoming administration.

Presenting the PDP guber candidate in Enugu State Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Chime described him as a fit and proper person to succeed him adding that he had full confidence in him (Ugwuanyi) as he would all that is necessary to provide the best for Enugu people.

He urged the people to ensure that the collected their permanent voters’ cards to enable them vote for PDP candidates during the forthcoming elections.

In a speech at the rally, the PDP guber candidate Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi said the renaming of the Stadium after Governor Chime was just one of the many things lined up by the people of the area in order to thank Chime for his kind gestures.

He said the people of Enugu North Senatorial Zone will remain ever grateful to the Governor Chime adding that a different scenario would have played out, if the Governor had not insisted that power should shift to the zone after the two other zones in the state had held the position for eight years each.

Ugwuanyi said, “In and out of office, Sullivan Chime will remain my leader, he has shown love to our people by ensuring we got our fair share of political positions in Enugu State. He has also extended developmental projects to our people and we must make out time to celebrate him”

Source: The Citizens online.

A leader with the type of Sullivan Chime's character is a comet that comes once every thousand years.
He deserves to be immortalized and even more.
He not only worked so hard for the birth of a modern Enugu state, he sacrificed personal career for the good of the state.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
ARROBA:

@Biafradream,

When did they commenced?

Sorry mate, I just spoke with the guy and unfortunately he was economical with the truth. He said they are at the moment operating daily flight from Enugu-Lagos, but Enugu-Accra is an indirect flight, which means they stop at Lagos first.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
OreMI22:

A leader with the type of Sullivan Chime's character is a comet that comes once every thousand years.
He deserves to be immortalized and even more.
He not only worked so hard for the birth of a modern Enugu state, he sacrificed personal career for the good of the state.

True Story!!!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2015
The first picture is from Enugu airport while the second is Abuja airport, both international wing construction. Pictures taken same day.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 7:37am On Feb 09, 2015
spyder880:
The first picture is from Enugu airport while the second is Abuja airport, both international wing construction. Pictures taken same day.

Looks as if both have been abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
HappyJoe:

Looks as if both have been abandoned.
I don't think so. The first picture has two workers on work cloth.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
centje:
I don't think so. The first picture has two workers on work cloth.

Correct.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
I wonder why the Chinese are being so secretive like this!

And why can't the workers in there take pics with their camphones and upload!?......Or do they confiscate their phones every day when they sign on for work, and give it back at close of work?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I wonder why the Chinese are being so secretive like this!

And why can't the workers in there take pics with their camphones and upload!?......Or do they confiscate their phones every day when they sign on for work, and give it back at close of work?
How many of the workers do you have as friends on Facebook?
Always lamenting.
SMH

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
I'm forever grateful for Princess Stellas' bullish attitude towards getting Ndigbo their due: if not for her, AIIA would have been an international airport in name only!

The gov't have tried (all things considered) but need to do more to provide an enabling environment that would assist any international airport to thrive! Like attracting proper 4 or 5 star hotels (i don't rate any Enugu hotel to be even up to 4-star at the moment); encouraging embassies/high-commissions to set up visa offices in Enugu; chasing after and encouraging leading airlines (like BA, Virgin, Emirates, etc) to consider Enugu for direct flights to foreign destinations; and getting the Enugu Golf and Centenary City to hurry the fuc/k up!!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

How many of the workers do you have as friends on Facebook?
Always lamenting.
SMH

^^^I don't understand your question? Do i have to have one of them as friends on facebook before they upload pics of on-going works at the terminal? If the Chinese contractors have banned them from taking pics then that's another matter; but that would then beg the question of what exactly they're hiding!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I don't understand your question? Do i have to have one of them as friends on facebook before they upload pics of on-going works at the terminal? If the Chinese contractors have banned them from taking pics then that's another matter; but that would then beg the question of what exactly they're hiding!

So how would you know that they aren't uploading pics if you don't have them as friends on facebook? Or do you assume they must be nairalanders?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
Collynzo9:
So how would you know that they aren't uploading pics if you don't have them as friends on facebook? Or do you assume they must be nairalanders?

^^^Fair point i have to admit!

Though one would have thought that if such pics existed, someone would have posted them by now! I search for them from time to time, but i'm yet to see any!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Though one would have thought that if such pics existed, someone would have posted them by now! I search for them from time to time, but i'm yet to see any!
Saying someone would have posted such pics here by now is a far-fetched assumption, Nairaland wouldn't even have up to a million people if you consider the alternate accounts and not many members will be predisposed to post a picture of the terminal here just because a friend of theirs uploaded it on facebook, it is not like there is a competition for such pictures.
Google or facebook searches will not provide you with pictures from someone's private facebook account,

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

my dear, those workers might not see it from our angle. To them that's their work place, they there work and go home. It's just like you taking pictures of your office.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2015
Learning the footsteps of Chime. .......... cheesy Can his feet size Chime's big shoes?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2015
spyder880:
Learning the footsteps of Chime. .......... cheesy Can his feet size Chime's big shoes?
funny pic

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2015
This road was done by Enugu north LGA. Road leading into the fastest developing area of Enugu city. The New Haven extension, Called the new artisan area. If you dont have at least N15 million naira, dont dream of owning plots around this area. This area is home to so many private estates, Goshen, Rehoboth, Jubilee and others have many houses built here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2015
The road that was done by Enugu north LGA into Goshen estates, Enugu

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
spyder880:
The road that was done by Enugu north LGA into Goshen estates, Enugu
While someone like Rochas refused to let Local governments perform in Imo state.
He keeps all the money to himself, yet one cannot see the wonders he has done with it.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
I just realized that the Enugu intl. airport terminal building is exactly the same design as the one in Kano and PH. Only the ones in Abuja and Lagos have a different design, with many aviobridges.
It also looks like the pace at PH and Kano was accelerated to catch up with Enugu, which was initially ahead.

I must seriously commend Gov. Chime for the miracle he is performing around naira triangle. He has managed to incorporate it as a huge roundabout, which will definitely make traffic flow from PH expressway into Abakaliki road to be very smooth, thus eliminating any need for a flyover for now.
I hope he is able to work out a similar roundabout system at Abakpa junction to eliminate the need for traffic police and traffic jams in that spot.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
Enugu Orthopaedic Hospital emerges global leader in cleft care management

Wednesday, 11 February 2015 05:06
Written by Lawrence Njoku, Enugu

A BOOST was at the weekend added to the effort of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu (HONE) on Cleft Care when a United States –based organization, The Smile Train presented her with an award of excellence as 2014 Global Leader in the disease.

The Smile Train, Programme Manager, West Africa, Victoria Awazie, said the hospital was adjudged “the best in Cleft Care management” among 86 other countries of the world, saying it was an indication of other good things that can come from Nigeria.

She said the hospital was a well known healthcare organization that combines effective, proven research, cutting-edge procedures and state-of-the-art treatment to produce optimum medical and lifestyle outcomes for its patients.

She said: “The hospital and medical staff provide world-class,

innovative Orthopaedic care in a friendly, compassionate, community environment conducive to patient recuperation in a family atmosphere.

Little wonder it won the award after a thorough survey was conducted”.

Awazie, called on the management of the hospital not to relent but consolidate on what had been achieved so far, stressing that its efforts were being monitored the world over.

Earlier, Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Cajetan Nwadinigwe, said the award was a celebration of the outstanding successes in the Smile Train programmes embarked by he hospital.

He said the idea was to render help to those who had inborn defects, alleviate poverty and restore human dignity.

“So far we have handled more than 500 cases and the affected children can now associate with their peers freely. No more stigmatization on their side.

A particular interest was a lady with cleft challenge but after the surgery, she did not only become normal, she also got married and has children now.

National Orthopaedic Hospital Enugu has been identified as an outstanding centre based on its quality service to the people.

This award that came from a US-based outfit is an encouragement for us to continue to do more to alleviate the sufferings of children. Whoever knows any patient with cleft defect should refer him/her to us. It’s free of charge”, he said.

Also speaking a Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Ifeanyi Onah, said he was not surprised that the hospital won the award based on the quality of service obtainable in the hospital.

“I am not surprised that we offer excellent service. That has been our ambition. I am not surprised that we bequeathed what ordinarily could be offered outside Nigeria. My surprise is that it has been recognized globally”, Onah said.

Smile Train is an international children’s charity with a sustainable approach to a single, solvable problems like cleft lip and palate.

Millions of children in developing countries with unrepaired clefts live in shame, but more importantly, have difficulty eating, breathing

and speaking.

According to medical experts, Cleft repair surgery is simple, and the transformation is immediate.

The organizers provide training and funding to empower local doctors in the 86 developing countries to provide 100%-free cleft repair surgery in their communities.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/197575-enugu-orthopaedic-hospital-emerges-global-leader-in-cleft-care-management

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
Maybe we create a thread for this
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Maybe we create a thread for this

A new thread for what Sir?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
Just read yesterday that Nachoaviance has finished completing their cargo warehouse in AIIA Airport Enugu.

Can someone please confirm that it is true.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
spyder880:

A new thread for what Sir?

the orthopedic thing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
ARROBA:
Just read yesterday that Nachoaviance has finished completing their cargo warehouse in AIIA Airport Enugu.

Can someone please confirm that it is true.

Source?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.