Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,319 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1790814 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Nightshift:
I hope the new governor will try to surpass Chime's achievements.
I have two words for him - rural development!!
Nightshift himself, have you been to Bermuda wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Developing the rural areas as noble as it might seem will remain a pipe dream for the forseable future as Enugu state does not have the finaces to carryout such. I'd rather support development of urban centers as these will generate the income required to develope the rural areas. I believe our gov is right in placing his priorities on the urban centers of Enugu and Nsuka and industrial ninthmile.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ogadriva(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2015
we also notice some increase on number of passenger booking online bus ticket to Enugu .. I have never been there but as passengers start to book their bus ticket to Enugu... We started to track the numbers now to see.. So far Onitsha is another hot cities passengers are going.
Get list of all Buses to Enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by radgenez: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
I HIGHLIGHTED SOME THINGS THAT WILL LEAD TO THE PROGRESS OF THE IGBO NATION ON THIS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/2355258/dilemna-biafra
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by adeoye201: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
ibo kwenu

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
centje:
Nightshift himself, have you been to Bermuda wink
Nwannaa, i have been watching from the sidelines atimes. Been too busy since mid last year. Hope to say something when time permits. Greetings to all my Coal City lads on the forum!!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
passion007:

The Nightshift!
I just remembered an old post of yours on River Nyaba; your vast knowledge of Enugu's wide and varied terrain is admirable and frequently finds me envious. From the whitesands of Akwuke, the verdant rice farms of Nkanu, through the slippery slope that is Ngene Evu, to the pristine uplands of Nsukka, I read in your posts, your peace with nature.

The Odo dances tonight.
The Otegburu Agbogho, yes he dances
Lithe and swift, his feet cut through the air as he advances to Ani Ozalla Lake
Chanting a warrior's song
Bearing in his gourd, pearls for Nightshift 'wa Nkanu

Respects.
Passion007 Nwanne Mmadu, uche gi nöö ebe afü. Ofu obi k'anyi ga eji na-aga oh. Ekene diri gi!!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nightshift:
Nwannaa, i have been watching from the sidelines atimes. Been too busy since mid last year. Hope to say something when time permits. Greetings to all my Coal City lads on the forum!!

Nnoo nwanne mmadu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gov. Ugwuanyi to decide if we will remain in PDP – Chime

By NAN on June 4, 2015

Some chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, including former governor, Sullivan Chime, have said that Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi will decide whether they will decamp from the party.

Chime made this known when he received Ugwuanyi and stakeholders from Enugu East Senatorial District in his country home on Thursday.
“If the governor tells us to remain in the PDP, we will do so but if he tells us to move elsewhere, we will sit together, discuss and then decide to either move or not.

“This is now a family affair and whatever the governor says is what we are going to do. As a people we must be together and that is the only way to progress,’’ he said.

He, however, insisted that the Enugu State people must work as one family in the interest of the state.
Chime, therefore, appealed to residents of the state to support the leadership of Ugwuanyi in order to sustain the ongoing development in the state.

The former governor said that his eight years of leadership was like an imprisonment, adding: “what is worst is after coming out of the ‘prison’ your people will be insulting you.

“For eight years we navigated ourselves through the stormy waters, but we succeeded with your support. We are happy that our people have come to show appreciation for all we did.’’

He said he would not regret all the sacrifices he made to engender peace and unity in the state.

Chime expressed regrets that it was in his own senatorial district that he received the highest opposition even within the PDP.

“It was in Enugu East Senatorial District that I received the highest opposition, but our people remained steadfast in their support to us,’’ Chime said.

He said Ugwuanyi had started well by moving round the state to see things for himself, adding that the governor didn’t want to depend on the handover note he gave him.

Responding, Ugwuanyi expressed readiness to carry all sections of the state along as one united family as well as continue from where the former administration stopped.

Ugwuanyi, who was on a solidarity visit, promised to complete the ongoing projects initiated by his predecessor.

“Sullivan Chime remains my mentor in and out of office and he has charted a trajectory toward the development of our state.

“His work has not ended as we shall continue to feed from him,” Ugwuanyi said.

He pledged his administration’s determination to develop each and every part of state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ugwuanyi resumes work, pays hospital bills for 19 nursing mothers in Enugu

By Emmanuel Uzodinma on June 3, 2015

The Governor of Enugu State, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has declared the commitment of his administration to address the socio-economic needs of the people.Governor Ugwuanyi made the promise when he undertook inspection visit to some parts of Abakpa Nike, Ogbete Main Market, the ESUT Teaching Hospital Park Lane Enugu and National Grammar School Nike, Enugu.""

At the ESUT Teaching Hospital Park Lane, Enugu, Governor Ugwuanyi said that government would pay the hospital bills of nineteen nursing mothers at the maternity ward and that of Amanda Kalu and Dennis Amanda in the surgery and gynecology wards amounting to millions of naira.The State Chief Executive who was conducted round the hospital wards by the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Gabriel Njeze said that his administration would ensure that Enugu State is a preferred destination in the healthcare delivery services in Nigeria.He commended the management of the hospital for their efforts to look after the patients and urged them to double efforts in complimenting government determination to improve healthcare of the people.

At Abakpa Nike and Ogbete Main Market, Governor Ugwuanyi was received by a mammoth crowd of enthusiastic residents and traders from Abakpa Timer Shed and Ogbete Main Market.""Addressing the traders, Governor Ugwuanyi said that the purpose of the visit was to meet with them, thank them for their support and also inspect the roads in the markets.He described the condition of the Nike road and Nike Lake road bye-pass as very deplorable and assured them that in no distant time reconstruction work will start on the road.The Governor said that government would set up a committee to liaise with officials of the Ministry of Works to discuss the best way to remove all the illegal structures along the road before the commencement of work.At the Ogbete Main Market road under construction by the Arab Contractors, the Governor was assured by the Site Manager of the company, Mr. Sameh Mustapha that reconstruction work on the road would be completed in a month’s time.

Governor Ugwuanyi who was accompanied in the tour by his deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo was received at the National Grammar School Nike by the Principal, Mr. Godfrey Ezika.""Addressing the students, the governor described education as one of the biggest industry in the state, adding that his administration will continue to give priority attention to the development of that sector of the economy.He therefore used the occasion to urge the students to take their studies seriously and avoid any act that would destroy their future and tarnish the image of their school.In their separate speeches, a teacher in the school, Mrs. Ijeoma Okpe and the Senior Prefect of the school, Master Solomon Okeke thanked the governor for the visit and drew his attention to some of their problems which included lack of Mathematics Teacher, inadequate accommodation for teachers and students.Others are building of more class room blocks, library facilities, renovation and equipping their science laboratories, provision ofsports facilities, renovation of their dome tries, provision ofinformation communication technology facilities and improved condition for teaching and learning in the school, among others.

Some residents of the state who spoke to journalists during the governor’s visit expressed delight over the gesture, describing it as a welcome development and a sign of good things TO come.They added that the Governor’s visit was a clear indication of his sensitivity to the plight of the people and determination to fulfill his campaign promises to the electorate who voted him into office.One of the residents of Abakpa-Nike Enugu who identified himself as Ichie Obi Ozo Nwankpa said, “we cannot but continue to thank God for giving Enugu State a governor like Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. Just look at how he surprised us here with his presence, no Governor in the history of this state has taken this giant stride to first call on the masses on his assumption of office, to see for himself what they really need before going back to his office to start work. It is amazing and we pray God to continue to bless, protect and strengthen him for the state”.Another resident of Enugu, Mrs. Victoria Eneh who witnessed when the Governor freed 21 indigent patients of ESUTH Teaching Hospital who were held back in the hospital after treatment for their inability to offset their bills, called on God to bless the Governor for his rare goodwill towards the less privileged, stressing that, “God has sent a messiah to wipe away our tears”.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/03/ugwuanyi-resumes-work-pays-hospital-bills-for-19-nursing-mothers-in-enugu/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ugwuanyi is going to be a media person and more outgoing.

Running to APC doesn't change anything.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
centje:
Gov. Ugwuanyi to decide if we will remain in PDP – Chime

By NAN on June 4, 2015

Some chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, including former governor, Sullivan Chime, have said that Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi will decide whether they will decamp from the party.

Chime made this known when he received Ugwuanyi and stakeholders from Enugu East Senatorial District in his country home on Thursday.
“If the governor tells us to remain in the PDP, we will do so but if he tells us to move elsewhere, we will sit together, discuss and then decide to either move or not.

“This is now a family affair and whatever the governor says is what we are going to do. As a people we must be together and that is the only way to progress,’’ he said.

He, however, insisted that the Enugu State people must work as one family in the interest of the state.
Chime, therefore, appealed to residents of the state to support the leadership of Ugwuanyi in order to sustain the ongoing development in the state.

The former governor said that his eight years of leadership was like an imprisonment, adding: “what is worst is after coming out of the ‘prison’ your people will be insulting you.

“For eight years we navigated ourselves through the stormy waters, but we succeeded with your support. We are happy that our people have come to show appreciation for all we did.’’

He said he would not regret all the sacrifices he made to engender peace and unity in the state.

Chime expressed regrets that it was in his own senatorial district that he received the highest opposition even within the PDP.

“It was in Enugu East Senatorial District that I received the highest opposition, but our people remained steadfast in their support to us,’’ Chime said.

He said Ugwuanyi had started well by moving round the state to see things for himself, adding that the governor didn’t want to depend on the handover note he gave him.

Responding, Ugwuanyi expressed readiness to carry all sections of the state along as one united family as well as continue from where the former administration stopped.

Ugwuanyi, who was on a solidarity visit, promised to complete the ongoing projects initiated by his predecessor.

“Sullivan Chime remains my mentor in and out of office and he has charted a trajectory toward the development of our state.

“His work has not ended as we shall continue to feed from him,” Ugwuanyi said.

He pledged his administration’s determination to develop each and every part of state.

Ugwuanyi is starting on a sound note and I pray God helps him to sustain the tempo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rafindo(m): 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
I am very happy DAT this thread is here at least no foot session depicting mediocrity and absurd ity.in other sane Cline they use theirs to revolutionized the society. we use ours to promote mediocrity division.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
biafrandream:

Ugwuanyi is starting on a sound note and I pray God helps him to sustain the tempo.
He made a surprised visit to two local Govt and met their offices lock, their chairmen and workers are in hot soup grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
rafindo:
I am very happy DAT this thread is here at least no foot session depicting mediocrity and absurd ity.in other sane Cline they use theirs to revolutionized the society. we use ours to promote mediocrity division.
the thread is where?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
I have refused posting anything here because of the location of this thread. I am thinking about the next line of action. I will come out with a position about this move to travel section by next week.

What is the best thing we can do about this?

Ndi Enugu, ekenekwaa mu unu cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:22am On Jun 06, 2015
spyder880:
I have refused posting anything here because of the location of this thread. I am thinking about the next line of action. I will come out with a position about this move to travel section by next week.

Yes, this thread documented the Chime Era.
we can open a thread to document the Ugwuanyi era

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
centje:
the thread is where?

^^^Ignore the fool! He's obviously one of those that hates anything to do with Igbos for no particular reason!

Ask him where he's from and it'll all make sense!.....That's if he tells you!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
spyder880:

Who shall we meet/talk to in bid to halt the show of shame? Whatever led to shifting this thread to travel section? Who are the mods and supermods? Do u have their contacts? If you do,kindly past their contacts here.We will all collectively contact them and trash this matter.I saw a protest thread on this matter on fp last week and it was such a shame what the arguments some of the mods gave for this transfer. Every other state centred thread is still on Fp and at no time transferd to another section.How and why this thread was targeted beats me.Spyder,Cjrane,Bishop,Igboson,Unemadu,Nightshift,CaptainOjemba,biafraqueen etc you guys must see this matter as a collective affront and raise your voices louder. I learnt Afam4ever,who is even an Enugu indigene is a mod in politics section? Somebody should correct me please. And Spyder don't think of opening another thread.This is our thread and there shall be no duplicate. Ndewo nu!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
What if I alter the topic to include something political?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
spyder880:
What if I alter the topic to include something political?
I really don't think that is necessary. The thread is nothing but political. Seun and his moderators know that. Their decision to move the thread away from Politics is highly political and ill-conceived.

The thread will thrive regardless of its location, even though Politics is a much busier and rightful section.

Moreso 90% of comments that perpetuate this thread come from people who already follow the thread.

This issue has been decided before, and seun gave his word that it will remain in Politics section. No thanks to Nairaland data loss, I think the pages where he said that are no longer exixting. But if he is an honorable man, he should remember his words that day and let the thread be brought back.

Anyone who insists this thread is apolitical is just being mischiveous.

Changing its title will play into their mischief.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
cjrane:

Yes, this thread documented the Chime Era.
we can open a thread to document the Ugwuanyi era
A tempting solution, but IMO not the best.

This thread is more than Chime.

This thread is an economic, political and developmental think-thank, that far trascends the political dispensation of Chime.

The same way we want continuity in government, let the thread continue into the Era of Ugwuanyi and beyond.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Road to Amechi Awkunanaw, Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
omicron:
A tempting solution, but IMO not the best.

This thread is more than Chime.

This thread is an economic, political and developmental think-thank, that far trascends the political dispensation of Chime.

The same way we want continuity in government, let the thread continue into the Era of Ugwuanyi and beyond.

Lovely contributions, I am happy we are talking it out. Let our defiance win for us as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
A screen shot of Emene Enugu from around the airport, Orie Emene and all the way to the new land we are buying in Enugu. Each plot now sells for N700,000 for everything, land, lease, survey plan, everything.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Our statue of liberty grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
We get sound wood for home building from our timber market in Enugu. But on a business viewpoint, can we grow trees for commercial purposes in Enugu?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sullivan Chime bows out gracefully. .......

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
There is coal or types of it in most parts of Enugu state. This well is being sunk to get water in Nomeh Unateze, Nkanu East LGA.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
I don't think that age has anything to do with performance, but how young is our governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
I so much love the design of Okpara square, Enugu. Especially the way it can park many hundreds of cars and still traffic will be flowing in Independence layout. I remember that this is a major problem in Owerri, where traffic completely stalls whenever there is a major event in the Imo conference centre.
I believe that enough provisions were made for parking cars even in our conference centre grounds, but the way many houses are being built there, I think the lands around the conference centre may have been allocated to private individuals. lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
spyder880:
I so much love the design of Okpara square, Enugu. Especially the way it can park many hundreds of cars and still traffic will be flowing in Independence layout. I remember that this is a major problem in Owerri, where traffic completely stalls whenever there is a major event in the Imo conference centre.
I believe that enough provisions were made for parking cars even in our conference centre grounds, but the way many houses are being built there, I think the lands around the conference centre may have been allocated to private individuals. lipsrsealed

Its so sad that private homes have taken over the land at the International Conference center. Some of the houses are even less than 15 meters away from the edifice!
I hope they demolish those houses when they embark on completing the edifice.
people should not be allowed to get away with crime simply because they have already built the house.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (701) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Tinubuofemmanu and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.