Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785212 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:
We get street like this sef

christejames:

The road looks beautiful with the adjoining buildings like those in the middle east with their well cobbled laneway.
I think interlocked and cobbled roads will cost cheaper to construct in inner roads like this, our govt should adopt this please.

Ogui. This seems to me to be a privately repaired road. Some foreign establishments are doing business on this street.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
christejames:

The road looks beautiful with the adjoining buildings like those in the middle east with their well cobbled laneway.
I think interlocked and cobbled roads will cost cheaper to construct in inner roads like this, our govt should adopt this please.
but it doesn't last, it will just spoil fast
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:
but it doesn't last, it will just spoil fast

If well done it may even last longer than a asphalted with bitumen. That's what the use in inner streets of most European Cities like London, Munich, Berlin, etc. It's not meant to be plied on by heavy duty vehicles though...

That's what UNN is using in landscaping her campus currently (the cobbled-like or German floor type).

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
christejames:

If well done it may even last longer than a asphalted with bitumen. That's what the use in inner streets of most European Cities like London, Munich, Berlin, etc. It's not meant to be plied on by heavy duty vehicles though...

That's what UNN is using in landscaping her campus currently (the cobbled-like or German floor type).

I seem to notice that Lagos has those types of roads too

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:
We get street like this sef

They should adopt this interlocking tiles template as the standard for building ALL inner city roads.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
OreMI22:

They should adopt this interlocking tiles template as the standard for building ALL inner city roads.

Landlords can even be organized in such a way to contribute to the building of the streets to supplement what government is doing. This will be a good way to give the cities especially the inner streets a facelift.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2017
From Nenwe , yesterday evening.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
spyder880:
From Nenwe , yesterday evening.
is it road construction?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
asha80:
is it road construction?

Yes, a new road. Federal government has to bail the people of Nomeh out of bad roads, since state government allocations "is not enough" when it is Nomeh roads grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2017

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
OyiboUgbo04:
Top five ideal place for picnic in Enugu

http://outravelandtour.com/top-five-ideal-place-picnic-enugu/
Wow!

You did an excellent job Bro... why not open a separate thread for it so that the world will know how beautiful, tranquil and serene the Coal City state is... The pictures are breathtaking!

I love the Coal City, and I know I'm not the only one cause the serenity of the city has evoked love which transcends beyond this continent of ours', through this little effort we are making on this thread. To put it more succinct, just take a look at the number of people that have viewed this thread (and still viewing) which is already clocking one million view (I think the highest or among the highest on nairaland). Even the thread where other African countries compete with each other in d*ck measurement (with more than a thousand pages), doesn't have this number of view. This shows how civil, urbane, and modern the people of Enugu are, and how the world is watching and growth and development.

Oga Spyder880, I say a big well-done to you!!

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
My Enugu is cool and green.

15 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
spyder880:
nice.! more pictures??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by linksnneka: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2017
i enjoyed following this thread,let me contribute a bit. cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by linksnneka: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2017
lilburnservices.com

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by linksnneka: 7:42am On Oct 21, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by linksnneka: 8:33am On Oct 21, 2017
http://www.cioarchitects.com/gallery/estate-surveyors/pic1.jpg
Proposed Secretariat for Nigeria Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers - Enugu State Branch at Independence Layout, Enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2017
linksnneka:
lilburnservices.com

Is the swimming pool commercial?

And how much for the day
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2017
My Enugu is serene grin

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shaibu123: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
If only Governor Ugwuanyi will take care of this great city like Chime,there will be no state to compare Enugu. 042 for life

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
spyder880:

shaibu123:
If only Governor Ugwuanyi will take care of this great city like Chime,there will be no state to compare Enugu. 042 for life

While Enugu is already one of the greenest cities in Nigeria, a lot still needs to be done especially as the cities expands into Independence Layout Phase 2 areas.

Planting of trees especially palm trees to make a typical Enugu street like below is a task Gov. Ugwuanyi has been doing and must continue to do. Even in America, urban renewal is a continuous process.
In Enugu, Urban renewal and Beautification of open spaces such as the Naira triangle roundabout on Abakaliki road must be done to give the city a signature facelift. It could be transformed into a mini public park as in the second picture below since it is such a massive space. In Benin City, the governor succeeded in transforming the King's roundabout. That is what government should do instead of collecting levies from people to use those open spaces as roundabouts as illegal motor parks or illegal street markets.

Every landlord in Independence Layout,GRA, New Haven, Trans Ekulu and other new areas must be impressed upon to plant at least two trees outside their fence to help give each street enough vegetation cover, purify the air and make the place generally a healthy environment. For the other areas as Asata,
Abakpa, Uwani, Gariki etc, government will work out a way to transform the environment too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Cjrane2:

While Enugu is already one of the greenest cities in Nigeria, a lot still needs to be done especially as the cities expands into Independence Layout Phase 2 areas.

Planting of trees especially palm trees to make a typical Enugu street like below is a task Gov. Ugwuanyi has been doing and must continue to do. Even in America, urban renewal is a continuous process.
In Enugu, Urban renewal and Beautification of open spaces such as the Naira triangle roundabout on Abakaliki road must be done to give the city a signature facelift. It could be transformed into a mini public park as in the second picture below since it is such a massive space. In Benin City, the governor succeeded in transforming the King's roundabout. That is what government should do instead of collecting levies from people to use those open spaces as roundabouts as illegal motor parks or illegal street markets.

[/b]Every landlord in Independence Layout,GRA, New Haven, Trans Ekulu and other new areas must be impressed upon to plant at least two trees outside their fence[b] to help give each street enough vegetation cover, purify the air and make the place generally a healthy environment. For the other areas as Asata,
Abakpa, Uwani, Gariki etc, government will work out a way to transform the environment too.

House of Assembly should pass a law and environmental taskforce set up to enforce it.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
Cjrane2:

Every landlord in Independence Layout,GRA, New Haven, Trans Ekulu and other new areas must be impressed upon to plant at least two trees outside their fence to help give each street enough vegetation cover, purify the air and make the place generally a healthy environment. For the other areas as Asata,
are the pictures taken in enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:29am On Oct 22, 2017
I am begging Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in the name of Jesus to complete the state's international Convention Center.

A small 50-100 room hotel can also be built at the venue so that Enugu can can an excellent facility next to a great hotel for hosting great events. Also, venue can be rented out for celebrity weddings and others. Not to mention that they can also create other tourist attractions such as the Igbo history museum and others which will be a great tourist addition to Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTn4APlcAA

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:50am On Oct 22, 2017
Enugu needs to re-invent itself as a major tourist destination in West African and indeed Africa to say the least. With innovation and creating places a tourist can visit while in Enugu, it can be done quite easily. Enugu is lucky that people can fly into the city directly from abroad, therefore it should make the best use of the privilege. A time will come that many Nigerian cities will have international access and if Enugu has not established itself as an international city by then, it would be tragic.

If the Governor can maintain security and make the place serene and beautiful, tourism will do more for Enugu and transform it's economy than any amount of oil or coal. Although Ugwuanyi is not guilty of this yet, but it is a general malaise of very poor inept syndrome of Nigerian leaders to spend on vanity and neglect potential avenues that can help diversify and grow the economy.

Sometimes knowing that Nigerian leaders can spend a whopping N500 million naira to build a useless statue for some African President just because they want to curry favor and align their own foundation to the President's foundation. But things that can boost tourist attraction to their state, create employment for so many suffering people and even improve their IGR, they will hate to spend even N50 million on such venture.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sonature1: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:
I am begging Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in the name of Jesus to complete the state's international Convention Center.

A small 50-100 room hotel can also be built at the venue so that Enugu can can an excellent facility next to a great hotel for hosting great events. Also, venue can be rented out for celebrity weddings and others. Not to mention that they can also create other tourist attractions such as the Igbo history museum and others which will be a great tourist addition to Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTn4APlcAA

Each time I pass that Conference Centre, I feel terribly bad.

But then, Enugu town is not all about Independence Layout, Trans Ekulu, GRA, New Haven, Achara Layout, etc.

Kedu maka ndi Emene, Abakpa na Coal Camp? Those places deserve government intervention because they are home to thousands, if not millions, of people living in the state.

Enugu di sharp!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nkanu Ogbuzuru, Ogbuzuru!
Ofia Inyinya, Ofia Inyinya!
Amushi, Amushi!
Eshiru oha, Eshiru oha!
Denyo nu o
Daru no o grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4133075/making-enugu-6-bedroom-duplex#61699245

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
One thing has been bothering my mind for quite sometime now, and that's the fate of our local football team; Rangers International.
After the abysmal outing last season, the state government did well buy disbanding the management of the club but since then nothing has been heard of the club in regards to new management to spearhead their preparation for the incoming tough season which is barely six weeks from now. Rangers International, has been the mascot of sport in the region and an identity for the Igbo race which had made our country Nigeria proud in the continent.
It would be chaotic and depressing to watch such team plunge into the second division of the country's football tourney, cause so far, it is the only team that has never gone on relegation since the inception of the league; the Arsenal of Nigeria. Rangers must not degenerate...

Gburugburu or anyone close to the government should see this as a state of emergency to salvage the remaining pride left for us. I know this is not the appropriate medium to convey this message but I think it is imperative to reach out through this means since the government also follows this thread.
#an appeal by a passionate fan of Rangers International for lovers of Rangers International!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Come and hangout with the coolest and successful social entrepreneurs in Nigeria!

On November 9, 2017 at De Dome New Haven Enugu, LEAP is bringing about 40 Social Entrepreneurs to Enugu for the 2017 Social Innovators Programme & Awards!

The Awards will include inspirational presentations from more than three Nigerian social entrepreneurs such as Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli, Founder, LEAP Africa, Onyeka Akumah, Co-founder & CEO Farmcrowdy and Ofili Okechukwu, Founder, Okadabooks to drive lively conversations on the economic impact of social enterprises in Enugu under the theme EGO(Enterprise, Growth &Opportunities)

Attendance is free but REGISTRATION is MANDATORY.

To learn more or register  go to http://leapafrica.org/home/2017-social-innovators-programme-awards/ 

OR Text YES with YOUR FULL NAME, EMAIL address to 07011081954.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by linksnneka: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2017
cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.