Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1783789 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:35am On Apr 08, 2018
God bless The Ikeoha himself, God bless Ike Ekweremadu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
spyder880:

I'm so glad to see this happening in my village.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
spyder880:
Too many equipment deployed. ........
is this are a sort of palm oil belt?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
asha80:
is this are a sort of palm oil belt?

Yes, but those palms weren't planted to grow by anyone. This area used to be a bush with a small road passing through for over a hundred years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
spyder880:

Yes, but those palms weren't planted to grow by anyone. This area used to be a bush with a small road passing through for over a hundred years.
mehn discovery of crude oil really finished this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by clementy117(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hi peeps, kudos to the job done, I came here due to some post on Coal Camp. The post is actually old(2012), Please can I get an update on what is going on there n any pics is possible. Thanks Guys

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Beautiful Coal city

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iLoveAnambra(m): 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
spyder880:
Beautiful

mehn i went to Eke town in Udi via Ebenebe road

mehn i swear eeh

Mansion everywer

i said to my sef

if dis rural area gat these kind of mansion

onye maazi ka Enugu ga adi

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
spyder880:

I think FG deserves some credit here.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igboid: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Abagworo:

For doing what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:59am On Apr 09, 2018
Abagworo:

If Ike Ekweremadu didn't fight for the road, does the federal government know that there is a place like Aninri LGA?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2018
Abagworo:

Abeg, keep quiet. You're becoming irritating by the day. Take your political idiocy someplace else.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
A Message to Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi from Ngenevu!

A visit to Ngenevu (around Coal Camp Enugu) a suburb of Enugu in Enugu North Local Government Area of Enugu State affirms the glaring fact that Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a leader who is passionate and firmly committed to the well-being of the people, especially the lowly and less privileged in the society.
The people's governor in keeping with his promise to take development to the rural areas and highly populated suburbans that have been long neglected and forgotten, has brought joy and big relief to the people of Ngenevu through the ongoing construction of their only access road, which was hitherto in a deplorable condition.
The people are so excited and full of gratitude to Gov. Ugwuanyi, a true friend of the poor and less privileged, for remembering them after many years of neglect.
They are laden with emotion that Gov. Ugwuanyi, who was the first governor of the state to touch his foot on the soil of Ngenevu, to identify and feel the pains they were passing through, is not only tarring their road to standard but has also provided and mounted two nos. 500KVA transformers he promised them during his first and second visit to the area.
The jubilant residents are not expressing this gratitude without a message that come 2019 no single vote will miss, as they have unanimously resolved to speak with one voice with their PVCs.
It was indeed a pleasant experience to see the children and other inhabitants playing and chanting praise songs for Gov. Ugwuanyi as the final stage of construction work was going on, in appreciation of his kind gesture to them and for giving them a sense of belonging as the true heroes of democracy.
Truly, Enugu State is in the hands of God!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The governor has really tried for poor neglected communities in Enugu state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
RenegadeFrost:
no sidewalks,let alone Bicycle paths

This is a backstreet neighbhood with narrow roads. I don't thing there would be enough space for all that except some structures are demolished.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cooly100:

This is a backstreet neighbhood with narrow roads. I don't thing there would be enough space for all that except some structures are demolished.
there should have been drainage on the left side though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
asha80:
there should have been drainage on the left side though

Agreed...but due to its narrowness another gutter there will further reduce the size of the road. The road is slanted though, so rain water would flow towards the gutter on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cooly100:

Agreed...but due to its narrowness another gutter there will further reduce the size of the road. The road is slanted though, so rain water would flow towards the gutter on the other side.
in a morden society, roads like this are often called " one way" . because as tiny the road is, it's can't be comfortable for dual carriage, side walk...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rdokoye: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
RenegadeFrost:
There's a way to do things with competence,no matter how insignificant the street or project. you can tell that street at Enugu is poor quality and shoddy job which will wash away in very little time . No thought was given to quality, just poured asphalt and moved on . no street signs . black people have low standards

Why does everything have to be black people this, black people that, why can't it just be NIGERIANS that have low standards?

Go to Angola, things are built correctly there, they're black. Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda infrastructure is built correctly in those places. It's only in Nigeria where you get substandard shoddy jobs, with people cutting ribbons and congratulating themselves a job well done.

All these things are the result of systemic corruption, when you've been without food for so long, anything will taste nice to you; it's that ideology that these governors and politicians are using, to do the bare minimum, so they can take a slice of cake off the top. If you want better, you have to demand better.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
spyder880:
Men are on ground working today today cheesy
look good to see part of my town tarred, the one that leads to oduma is still ongoing likewise the inner Amoji Nenwe attracted by Ike Ekweremadu still ongoing, Kudos to him but we need more as Oliver Twist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 2:32am On Apr 10, 2018
1- Achara layout

2- New residences springing up in Enugu

3- more residences

4- more residences

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 2:46am On Apr 10, 2018
1- Residences at Zoo estate

2- Someone in Enugu can help us locate this area. Not sure if it's Uwani

3- Another street in Enugu

4- High density residential area. This is typical of where the masses live, there's hardly any slums in Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 3:05am On Apr 10, 2018
1- Upcoming luxurious attractions

2- GRA

3- GRA

4- More mansions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 3:12am On Apr 10, 2018
1- Entrance to Zoo estate

2- Residential street

3- This might be Independence Layout.

4- More of the street in pic 3

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 3:19am On Apr 10, 2018
1- Downtown Enugu

2- Uwani, Enugu

3- Someone help locate this one. i think i can sight the CBN staff buildings in the background.

4- Uwani, Enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by clementy117(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2018
nothing from the coal camps?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lovely 042 place - Oakland

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
BestWesternPlus -042

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
Abagworo:

They deserve some credit, for allowing herdsmen to kill innocent farmers everywhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.